This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Having confusion issues (not hard, I only have limited brain space to deal with it). After several years of being insulted by my more casual gate fan friends (I distinguish between saying Gate fans and Gate heads), I started to think that I, along with my fellow shipper family, was imagining it all. But then, to my amazement, when grumbling over how it hadn't been resolved, all my friends turned round and said , "course it has. We know they're together. Didn't you watch Threads or Moebius?" So it's not just shippers. It's not just subtle and unresolved. Apparently it's blatantly obvious.

Yeah, right.
    yes, yes
    sigpic

Comment

Dunno if Jack has a motorbike. Sam certainly does.
      I really don't understand the second bit.
      if Jack no have motorcycle, in my opinion, he is geting motorcycle
      for Sam (i hope )
      sigpic

Comment

He always does that head dipping thing. One of my male friends did it once, and it's like "did he just kiss my neck? I think he just kissed my neck" and then you think "nah". You can't actually tell whether there is a kiss there or not. It's like when they rest their lips on your hair (if it's a lean against chest hug). Does he at any point kiss your hair? You can't tell. So no, there'd be no visible reaction.

MacGyver also hugs that way (wonder why?)

Someone on another thread said that anytime Jack hugs someone it's RDA's double's back that's showing instead of RDA's. I don't believe that, esp. when we can see it's the patented Jack-type hug. The discussion was about RDA's availability on the set, because of his schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
          MacGyver also hugs that way (wonder why?)

Someone on another thread said that anytime Jack hugs someone it's RDA's double's back that's showing instead of RDA's. I don't believe that, esp. when we can see it's the patented Jack-type hug. The discussion was about RDA's availability on the set, because of his schedule.
          Rick may have been absent alot missed but I guarantee you that any day of filming that included Jack hugging or kissing Sam, he was front and center.

Rick enjoyed snogging her (thus the repeated takes)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Rick may have been absent alot missed but I guarantee you that any day of filming that included Jack hugging or kissing Sam, he was front and center.

Rick enjoyed snogging her (thus the repeated takes)...
            very nice
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              I'm thrilled you like them scjon. The December 19th one isn't shippy, but it's a cute one. Stay tuned !
              Thanks for that, I will!
              always and forever
              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Having confusion issues (not hard, I only have limited brain space to deal with it). After several years of being insulted by my more casual gate fan friends (I distinguish between saying Gate fans and Gate heads), I started to think that I, along with my fellow shipper family, was imagining it all. But then, to my amazement, when grumbling over how it hadn't been resolved, all my friends turned round and said , "course it has. We know they're together. Didn't you watch Threads or Moebius?" So it's not just shippers. It's not just subtle and unresolved. Apparently it's blatantly obvious.

Yeah, right.
                My husband isn't a shipper and he seemed to think that Threads/Moebius resolved it all. Strange that...In some ways, I suppose it did-as long as you've got an active imagination. Most people on this thread (if not everyone), has said at one point or another since the end of Season 8, that Sam & Jack are together. So we must all believe it, right?

It would just be nice to have some kind of confirmation in seasons 9/.10 etc. I can't see what harm a few brief references to Jack would do to the re-invention of SG1. That's assuming that RDA doesn't come back for cameo appearances in season 10. If he does and after that, he plans to disappear off again, I don't see why his brief appearances couldn't include shippiness. Him appearing and disappearing again, could hardly have that much impact on the overall story arc.
                Last edited by scjon; 04 December 2005, 04:29 PM.
                always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                  Rogue here's another oldie Pete bashing pic!
                  yeah thats a classic. Heres another one.

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Don't know if any of you guys have read the latest scifi mag, but thought you may be interested in this:

What race owned the mysterious ship that appeared in Grace?
                    Brad Wright: If i told you it would no longer be mysterious, would it? Okay, if you must know, they are called the Shippers. They forced Sam into a situation where she would imagine herself kissing Jack

In that case..forget the Furlings..i wana see more of the Shippers

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      Don't know if any of you guys have read the latest scifi mag, but thought you may be interested in this:

What race owned the mysterious ship that appeared in Grace?
                      Brad Wright: If i told you it would no longer be mysterious, would it? Okay, if you must know, they are called the Shippers. They forced Sam into a situation where she would imagine herself kissing Jack

In that case..forget the Furlings..i wana see more of the Shippers
                      Me too But ouch-did BW sound a bit...I don't know... snarky there-perhaps that was just his sense of humour- or maybe it's just me
                      always and forever

Comment

Reads as rather snarky, but it could just be his sense of humour. That's the thing with text-interviews, they're open to interpretation coz you can't hear how they're being said (hopes that makes sense).

Comment

Before I went to Vancouver last year I had some...lets just say...issues with Brad Wright and more especially Rob Cooper due to some interviews and a couple of things said in the Behind the Scenes specials that made them sound condescending (at the nicest) towards shippers but I think it's maybe a contextual thing cuz they were very open and friendly during their panel IMO.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            Before I went to Vancouver last year I had some...lets just say...issues with Brad Wright and more especially Rob Cooper due to some interviews and a couple of things said in the Behind the Scenes specials that made them sound condescending (at the nicest) towards shippers but I think it's maybe a contextual thing cuz they were very open and friendly during their panel IMO.
                            They might be nice during the panel because they don't have the guts (being nice) to be nasty to the faces of the people who makes it possible for them to get paid. Only on TV do they have the ----- to be condescending! Sorry if it comment sounds condescending but I've learned from the masters themselves!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              I agree with you.... and it's also made me think... what SciFi show has not had ship...

And not only SciFi.... any show... there is always the "romance" in the story... if it's not shown, people keep looking for it everywhere... so now I really don't understand those "true" scifi fans... does anybody know if in any other SciFi show... was there also a big "antishipper" group... what about the X-Files?
                              Oh, yes. There were a lot of very venemous anti-shippes in th XF world, but mostly comprised of people who liked Mulder/Krycek slash. A few were people who legitimately just wanted the show to show that a man and a woman can work together and be friends without having to get romantic, but my experience with those fans were that they weren't the most venemous.

The interesting thing about XF was that, as the show went on, the unspoken ship in the series got stronger - more hand holding, hugging, forehead kisses, etc. And as it got more and more unspoken yet obvious, a lot of the nastier antis slipped away to other shows, leaving mosty just shippers to carry on the fandom. (Unlike SG, the antishippers in XF realized that, when it was obvious on the screen, there's no denying it. Like it or not.) <g>
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                Oh, yes. There were a lot of very venemous anti-shippes in th XF world, but mostly comprised of people who liked Mulder/Krycek slash. A few were people who legitimately just wanted the show to show that a man and a woman can work together and be friends without having to get romantic, but my experience with those fans were that they weren't the most venemous.

The interesting thing about XF was that, as the show went on, the unspoken ship in the series got stronger - more hand holding, hugging, forehead kisses, etc. And as it got more and more unspoken yet obvious, a lot of the nastier antis slipped away to other shows, leaving mosty just shippers to carry on the fandom. (Unlike SG, the antishippers in XF realized that, when it was obvious on the screen, there's no denying it. Like it or not.) <g>
                                i've often wondered what other shows fandoms were like. i can't imagine another show's anti shippers being worse than ours, because our antis are actually shippers (but just want sam to hit the road so she won't be in the way of the couple they really want). now, of course, that doesn't apply to *all* antis, but the loudest voices are the ones i just decribed.

i've also noticed some of the rudest ppl i've come across are anti shippers. don't know why either... maybe because sam's the 'pete shanahan' of what they want, or just being anti romance makes them cranky.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X