This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

I sent you an invite to Yahoo Messenger...did you get it????

Quick Wee Announcement

Myself and Caty are discussing a possible Stargate Intel Contest, and I just wanna know...do you think it'd work?????????
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      LOL

I sent you an invite to Yahoo Messenger...did you get it????

Quick Wee Announcement

Myself and Caty are discussing a possible Stargate Intel Contest, and I just wanna know...do you think it'd work?????????
      Hi, yes I did get it. I've saved my email, and I'm about to set up yahoo messenger. LOL. Don't worry we'll be chatting on it soon.

Well it would work if you had clear rules, clear prizes as well. People always enter things when they're going to win something. Obviously you going to want people to enter it, to make it popular.

We could all promote it too, wherever we go online we could just pinpoint people to it.

Yeah, it would work.

Wendy
      Hugs
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yeah...we're still working out details (I only suggested the idea today!) but I've got prizes in mind
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah...we're still working out details (I only suggested the idea today!) but I've got prizes in mind
          Excellent!

It would be a fanfic contest?? I know I'd enter it already. LOL

Wendy
          Hugs
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hmm...not sure about fanfiction...

but you can put your stuff here

http://www.stargate-intel.net/fanfiction/cgi-bin/
            sigpic

Comment

Hmm...not sure about fanfiction...

but you can put your stuff here

http://www.stargate-intel.net/fanfiction/cgi-bin/
              LOL. Just throwing ideas at you.

Yeah, I write fanfiction. It never gets finished however, but I do try my best.

But I promise, when I do actually finish one, I will be posting it on stargate-intel.

Wendy
              Hugs
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

The only hope I have of them acknowledging Sam and Jack as a couple is on Atlantis. I am looking forward to Sam being on Atlantis. I think it will be good for the Sam character to get away from RCC and company.

1) The stories are better
                2) Better character development and team interaction
                3) They aren't afraid to write "techno babble"
                4) They aren't afraid to have a woman in charge
                5) Sam and Jack are not preceived as a threat. I know its a long shot but I am hoping there will be a acknowledgement that Sam and Jack are together.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hey all ,

Haven't been round here for ages. Maybe 'cos I have an exam next week and should be revising lol.

*waves to Wendy*

You know I had an idea you might be on here. My memory must be good 'cos I remembered that your birthday is tomorrow. If I am not around, I hope you have a good one. And I hope the surgery went ok.

Oh I a separate note, don't know if anyone else noticed...I got the Sky mag last week and realised that we will get to see that True science thing hosted by Amanda. They are taking off new eps for it just before xmas.

~Tracey~
                  Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 29 November 2005, 07:25 AM.

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I guess the question I would like to ask JM would be "Why only resolve the Jack and Sam relationship at the end of the series"? I'm sure they had a very good idea that RDA was going to be leaving the show, I mean come on his time on the show was dwindling with each passing season, so why the importance of bringing them together only at the end of the series? Lets face it the way JM is talking they aren't sounding too sure that RDA will ever be returning to the show, although I don't understand all of that talk about "leaving the door open" when RDA was leaving. My point here is why not have brought Jack and Sam together when RDA left, what harm would that have caused? We don't even know what Jack is doing, I mean his exact title to know if regs are even an issue for them or not anymore, so why the cloak and dagger routine? I mean if they honestly wait until after season 10 or the end of the series to bring these two together I think only the true diehard Jack and Sam shippers would appreciate it and even we would have to admit how out of place it would be. TPTB had to know that all of the changes were coming for season 9, but now realizing that they still have a fan base (although IMO I'm not sure why) and another season, now would be the time to resolve Jack and Sam and anything after that would be extra.

Comment

With the X-files even though DD left, he did return to keep his character alive and they did continue referencing to him when he wasn't there; so the proper resolution between him and Scully was still believable and not so out of place. If RDA is not going to be back then TPTB missed the boat and our chance of ever seeing a big honkin real kiss between jack and sam sailed off with it. The problem I have is that TPTB don't even seem to be working on any type of a storyline between Jack and Sam.

Comment

I also have a problem with TPTB saying that they don't have a story arc in mind for Sam and therefore to better use her talents they would be sending her sometimes to Atlantis. Okay correct me if I am wrong but aren't they writers and isn't it there job to come up with story arcs. Come on Sam is a vital member of the SG-1 team who has saved their lives countless times and suddenly they don't know what to do with her? Funny how when Jack leaves, they don't know what to do with Sam, and yet all along they didn't want Sams character to be attached to Jack because that would make her one dimensional and she was so much more than that. Well now is the time why not show us? Sam brought the science to the show, who now would be capable to do it in her place? IMO they honestly should have ended Stargate SG-1 and added another spinoff with these new characters and any of the old ones that wanted to return, at least the first would have ended with the respect and credibility that it deserved without all of the past hanging overhead.

Comment

i hate to be the one to sound the pessamist death knell here but...
                          a few highly personal opinionated observations of the show and the powers behind the throne.

they have this propensity to pick and choose which themes they are going to focus continuity on and which actions will have consequences. They are not long on sticking to anything that may actually force them to commit or acknowledge and I am feeling that the S/J thing is one of those anythings. Just look at how fast and loose they play with the "regulations" when they so choose. ie:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam telling Pete all about the program. hello??? she couldn't tell her dying father who was an Air Force General-but she could tell that stalking schlub?

frankly i think JM has been subtly and not so subtly trying to tell us that s/j is dead and not to expect anything at all for ever and ever and ever.

the reason why they are dancing around this whole issue is because they do not want to lose consumer base. We may not be the largest fan base they have-but we have money-it is green and it folds and it spends. just look at the changes they are going through because they short changed Threads.

As long as they can dangle the carrot ie:
                          Spoiler:
                          "not exactly"
                          -they will play this tune as long as they can.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                            With the X-files even though DD left, he did return to keep his character alive and they did continue referencing to him when he wasn't there; so the proper resolution between him and Scully was still believable and not so out of place. If RDA is not going to be back then TPTB missed the boat and our chance of ever seeing a big honkin real kiss between jack and sam sailed off with it. The problem I have is that TPTB don't even seem to be working on any type of a storyline between Jack and Sam.
                            Wow! Lots has happen in one night! Thanks Madeline W and Bri for backing us, it means alot. I'm for writing a Declaration of Shippiest , which states our position and our concerns about the S/J ship not being resolved. We have many talented writers in our mist and it would be fun and a way to send the message to TPTB about our concerns (We would have a signature list attached like the Declaration of Independence or the Magna Carta). Another way is send our concerns since they think we have no rights or say, is to track the commercials shown during SCIFI Friday. We can drop little letters to the advertisers that we are no longer going to purchase their product unless they stop advertising at that time period. SCIFI loses money and puts press on SG producers to give the fans what they want. We can ask our family members to participate in our boycott. It's the democratic way! It has been done before and made a difference. Don't give up on the ship and your shippy family yet. As Benjamin Franklin wrote "The pen is mighty then the sword!" We can do it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,

Seems we could use some cheering up! I know some of you are aware these sketches are a long time in coming. They took a long time to do! And they're a different style than some of the more realistic stuff. The genre is more comic book (esque), which means the lines are a little more definite and the features are a little less soft. I hope you all like it ! And if you LOL, then my work here is done, 'cause that's the intent! I guess you'll get a good idea of just exactly what kind of 'shipper I really am!

I now present you with...

An early HOLIDAY gift to you all...

Mr. and Mrs.,
                              General and Lt. Colonel,
                              Jack and Samantha
                              Carter-O'Neill !!!

Please do not remove or repost this sketch.
                              If you want a larger copy for personal collection only,
                              PM me and I'll see what I can do.

PS-> I posted a down and dirty, comic book heroine kick-yer-butt-into-next-week Sam Carter sketch to the SaGC thread as well, if you haven't seen it and want to, it's here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6913&page=1118

Much Love To All,
                              mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                I also have a problem with TPTB saying that they don't have a story arc in mind for Sam and therefore to better use her talents they would be sending her sometimes to Atlantis. Okay correct me if I am wrong but aren't they writers and isn't it there job to come up with story arcs. Come on Sam is a vital member of the SG-1 team who has saved their lives countless times and suddenly they don't know what to do with her? Funny how when Jack leaves, they don't know what to do with Sam, and yet all along they didn't want Sams character to be attached to Jack because that would make her one dimensional and she was so much more than that. Well now is the time why not show us? Sam brought the science to the show, who now would be capable to do it in her place? IMO they honestly should have ended Stargate SG-1 and added another spinoff with these new characters and any of the old ones that wanted to return, at least the first would have ended with the respect and credibility that it deserved without all of the past hanging overhead.
                                If there is a will, there is a way. It seems that TPTB don't have the will to write Sam or Sam and Jack.

I just want to know what they are going to do the next time they need to blow up a Sun? They are going to look at Vala and she make some snarky remark like "Lets make babies"?
                                Last edited by Rogue; 29 November 2005, 09:27 AM.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X