This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*poking head in*
    Hi guys! (most of whom probably have no idea I was once upon a time a huuuge shipper.... until they killed my enjoyment of it

Aaaaanyway, passing on a message from lostelf, I'm not sure if it's already been noted here, but apparantly she just bought the s8 box set of r1 DVD's and it contains the COMPLETE version of Threads - 1 hour and 5 mins of it

Now, if only they'd include the commentary so we could hear alllll about all the good conclusive shippiness.....

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
      *poking head in*
      Hi guys! (most of whom probably have no idea I was once upon a time a huuuge shipper.... until they killed my enjoyment of it

Aaaaanyway, passing on a message from lostelf, I'm not sure if it's already been noted here, but apparantly she just bought the s8 box set of r1 DVD's and it contains the COMPLETE version of Threads - 1 hour and 5 mins of it

Now, if only they'd include the commentary so we could hear alllll about all the good conclusive shippiness.....
      (((kiwigater)))
      Of course, we remember you !!!

I'm sorry they killed your enjoyment in SJ ship... I think they did it to a lot of us...
      Anyway, if you want to get back that happy feeling we were having some time ago, don't forget to join us on our next ship event : The O'Neill's First Christmas ! Also known as Shipmas !
      It's still a bit blurry right now (when will it be ? who's doing what ?) but we'll let you know when everything will be ready !
      (Note to the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team : we need to talk... )
      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Hi shippers

OT : but if you are in need of ship ( due to the lack of Sam & jack ship this season ) I have just made my First JAG Harm and Mac video ..it's shippy , shippy and shippy ..can't even be more shippy

"Don't know much " Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Jag.html
        nice!! great as always! thanks nice song and I see you've been playing with pics again cute

Originally posted by Catysg1
        and Flo the Celine Dion track if next for you and Marion but for Harm and Mac as I said before I may start it today
        I'm working on it but for Sam and Jack hope I'll have it done soon (Flo if you have any requirements for this vid, let me know by PM )

Comment

(((Kiwi)))

You're not a shipper anymore?
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I just re-read some of that "Threads...what's not to get" thread and I'm more confident than ever that TPTB actively made ship canon. Something JM said on the Solutions forum backs up the fact that Sam was NEVER going to end up with Pete. Further, JM said that "not exactly" did refer to Jack.

<<snip>>
            People should feel free to express their feelings and I'm for that of course but constant negativity is a surefire way to kill the shipper thread and that would break my heart.

So can I ask a favor? Can I make a plea for less negativity and for more positivity?

Let's celebrate Jack and Sam and the journey that took them from "I adore you already Captain" through to "There are no fish in this lake are there?"

We knew there'd be a dry spell without RDA around...so let's enjoy the memories that we have and the hope that before the show ends, we'll get to see something definitive about our favorite twosome.
            ÜberSG-1Fan, too late to green you (others did, though!) and I agree. I bumped the thread posted by Annunaki to help remind me that the ship was indeed intended and developing. Her analysis was thorough and nicely articulated. I hope other shippers re-read and reaffirm those helpful words.

Just sayin', let's return to the love. I like that suggestion, ÜberSG-1Fan.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

(((kiwigater))) fellow shipwreck survivor

I'm basically writing this post in tears. I just finished watching the last 4 eps of season 8 of The X-Files. After many threats and trevails from alien replicants/human replacements/super soldiers and Krychek, Scully just gave birth. And the ending scene had Mulder acknowledging his parenthood, holding his newborn and kissing his love, Scully.

Now, as a shipper, this is as good as it gets. And this is as good as it has ever gotten for this particular shipper. Almost all of my ships have gone down in flames or died a slow death of neglect. Shippers know they're going to be put through a lot. We know the writers are going to drag it out and put up roadblock after Pitfall-- but as long as we get a good resolution, all will be forgiven. As long as 'ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough and ain't no river wide enough' to keep our couple from being together in the end, us shippers can put up with almost anything.

All we ask is that TPTB give us our due. Just give us what we've been waiting for. Just show us the love for investing (literally) in your story and characters. Give us the respect to make it a priority that we get the payoff that we deserve.

Early last night I rewatched Grace. That's the episode that brought me to Gateworld because I was so disturbed by the idea that they had just killed the Sam/Jack ship. I went online looking to see what other people were thinking about what seemed like the most beautiful goodbye kiss ever. We all know now that it was the beginning of a very difficult time for Sam/Jack shippers-- and thank God for the shipper family that helped me get through it. The hugs and laughs and creativity were wonderful.

Then later, as I said, I relived one of the most romantic moments in tv history. Mulder and Scully were in love and showing their affection for each other and were now a family. I know things get complicated again later, but it doesn't matter. I got my payoff big time. I forgive all the confusion and everything else before that moment, because in the end they gave it to me. They gave me the big R. And I'm so grateful. I know as shippers you'll understand my wacky emotions and tears. It just means a lot to me that The X-Files PTB gave shippers a real solid for their devotion.

And it pains me that I will never get that for Sam and Jack. I'll get over it, like I have before, but I'll never understand why they just couldn't do it. I don't read spoilers, so even if there were some last minute attempt at a true, non-subtle resolution, I just know it would turn out half-assed and too little too late. They had their chance-- and like most of my other ships-- they took a dive. After seeing what The X-Files did, I can't help but think that the big R really could have been beautiful for Sam and Jack... if they had only tried.

so, so weepy,
              ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

I know, doesn't that stink? Shippers patiently waited through all these seasons, and now it just not on screen anymore, like *POOF*

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Madeline - I was really glad to read your thoughts on ship. It gives us a little glimmer of hope in a way since you're an anti shipper.

I think we're all in agreement that this storyline needs a resolution, and soon, if the show's going to move on. I'm never going to accept all the other changes otherwise.

i take it this is to do with the vauge SJ scene at the moment? (sorry i'm at uni and still i don't get the hang of doing homework!)

well then...

yeah i know what you mean we need deffinate resolution - although 'not really' was a very grin worthy comment in this weeks UK ep (bye bye barret! )

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                    I know, doesn't that stink? Shippers patiently waited through all these seasons, and now it just not on screen anymore, like *POOF*
                    ooo i know - i've never admitted it before but i'm a bit of a tension seeker (lol) even if it is just little smiles and looks and angsty little scenes

I NEED TENSION!

(though my chiropractor might disagree )

Comment

((((sacme))))
                      ((((mishy_mo))))

Long time no see ! What happened today that suddenly a lot of 'older' posters come back ? Not that I'll complain !

Please take a seat and stay with us for a moment !
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                        ((((sacme))))
                        ((((mishy_mo))))

Long time no see ! What happened today that suddenly a lot of 'older' posters come back ? Not that I'll complain !

Please take a seat and stay with us for a moment !
                        (((((((((((florence)))))))))))

Ta muchness for the nice welcome back

ahh thanks for the seat thought i'd need to stand all day lol - nice to be home !!

just thought i'd pop in and see whats going on (or rather if anything is going on with the smoke and mirrors deal that we've got with the SJ situ at the mo lol)

Mishy
                        xxx

Comment

Hello my fellow Shippers!

Long time, no see. I've been busy with RL, had a minor spine surgery and went on holiday so all in all I just haven't had chance to come and chat. But today I realised I had the chance to just pop on and say hi.

I hope you're all doing okay.

I haven't had the chance to read through the thread but I did notice a few newbies and I welcome them all.

Has everyone been watching Season 9? I like what I've seen and Sam is great. I miss Jack (only because he's not next to Sam)

Wendy
                          Hugs
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

(((SACME)))

Good to see ya!
                            sigpic

Comment

Heya Wendy

Haven't seen you in a while either
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Heya Wendy

Haven't seen you in a while either
                                ((((((((((((((Suz))))))))))))))))))

How are ya doing?

I know, I've been naughty. LOL.

Wendy
                                Hugs
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment