• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell

Jack: Sweet!!! Back on page One!!!

**thanks to Mala50 for cap**
    Sweet sequence, **nell**!

Just sayin', everyone else beat me to the green chip jar!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I just re-read some of that "Threads...what's not to get" thread and I'm more confident than ever that TPTB actively made ship canon. Something JM said on the Solutions forum backs up the fact that Sam was NEVER going to end up with Pete. Further, JM said that "not exactly" did refer to Jack.

We knew that with RDA not on the active canvas that seeing ship portrayed would be darn near impossible. I'm still hoping for an RDA guest visit or 50 that could be used to solidify ship even further...but as shippers we have to just acknowledge fo the time being that she and Jack are exploring a relationship offscreen.

Further, Joe said he essentially wants the series to end with them getting together...so maybe more like Harm and Mac after all.

My point is, I've seen more and more negativity posted here on the shipper thread which is why I've posted less and less here. I mean I get the frustration...heck I feel it too...but what's the point of wallowing in it?

People should feel free to express their feelings and I'm for that of course but constant negativity is a surefire way to kill the shipper thread and that would break my heart.

So can I ask a favor? Can I make a plea for less negativity and for more positivity?

Let's celebrate Jack and Sam and the journey that took them from "I adore you already Captain" through to "There are no fish in this lake are there?"

We knew there'd be a dry spell without RDA around...so let's enjoy the memories that we have and the hope that before the show ends, we'll get to see something definitive about our favorite twosome.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I apologize in advance for intruding, guys, but in light of Joe's latest answers, I felt the need to say something to you.

Handling of Major Ships:

ER: Takes the second most anticipated and one of the two most hotly debated ships in the history of the show, gives the shippers a few episodes, and promptly screws it up on purpose.

SG-1: Takes the most anticipated and the most hotly debated ship in the history of the show, gives the shippers two episodes, and
        Spoiler:
        promptly drops it like yesterday's Kleenex.

For what it's worth guys, I'm sorry. Truly and sincerely. I've felt what you're all feeling - the disbelief, the betrayal, the negativity, the anger - and I can certainly empathize.

I am sorry for intruding, but I just really wanted to let you guys know that you're not alone in what you're feeling, and to let you know how sincerely sorry I am that you're having to feel it at all.
        ~bri~

Comment

Yeah, what Bri said. And FWIW I think that there should be a definitive ship scene now. It annoyed me to have S/J around when they were both in the show, I admit, but now that he's gone it makes no dramatic sense to leave it hanging and no dramatic sense to end it with no actual relationship. It needs to be made canon.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Yeah, what Bri said. And FWIW I think that there should be a definitive ship scene now. It annoyed me to have S/J around when they were both in the show, I admit, but now that he's gone it makes no dramatic sense to leave it hanging and no dramatic sense to end it with no actual relationship. It needs to be made canon.
            wow. between you and bri... it makes a difference. i know both your feelings/thoughts on the matter, so for you guys to come here and say these things... thanks. both of you.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/switch26byKliggins.jpg
              Jack: No, no, no, no!!! I don't believe it! We're on the second page. FCOL, the Wraiths are on the first page!!! That is wrong on so many levels!!! Where are the Shippers???

**thanks to Kliggins for the cap**
              Hmmm, maybe I can say a few reasons...

1- GW has not been very nice lately. Sooooo slow !
              2- Some of us are sleeping ! And even when we're not, RL keeps getting in the way of our shipping... *curses RL*
              3- Über has said it better than I could in her latest post...
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Guess what? The rep system is working again! Darren got it working this afternoon. Green jello for all!
                THANK GOD ! Er, I mean Thank Darren !
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Wow ! I don't really know bri's thoughts on the subject (but after reading some of her past posts, I now have an idea) but I know yours.
                  Thanks. It means a lot to me, and to other shippers as well I think.

One of my best online GW friends is a non-shipper and we have already discussed about it. She and I agree on one point : we'd have liked to see a real resolution to the SJ ship. They are together or they are not. And we don't want a 'Not exactly' answer. We want a 'Yes' or a 'No'.
                  I think we're all adult enough to accept it, whatever the answer could be.

Comment

Hear hear Uber on all points. Although the JAG reference squicks me a little, but that's no-one elses problem

So.. in light of the positive.

Because even when it isn't... it is.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    I just re-read some of that "Threads...what's not to get" thread and I'm more confident than ever that TPTB actively made ship canon. Something JM said on the Solutions forum backs up the fact that Sam was NEVER going to end up with Pete. Further, JM said that "not exactly" did refer to Jack.

We knew that with RDA not on the active canvas that seeing ship portrayed would be darn near impossible. I'm still hoping for an RDA guest visit or 50 that could be used to solidify ship even further...but as shippers we have to just acknowledge fo the time being that she and Jack are exploring a relationship offscreen.

Further, Joe said he essentially wants the series to end with them getting together...so maybe more like Harm and Mac after all.

My point is, I've seen more and more negativity posted here on the shipper thread which is why I've posted less and less here. I mean I get the frustration...heck I feel it too...but what's the point of wallowing in it?

People should feel free to express their feelings and I'm for that of course but constant negativity is a surefire way to kill the shipper thread and that would break my heart.

So can I ask a favor? Can I make a plea for less negativity and for more positivity?

Let's celebrate Jack and Sam and the journey that took them from "I adore you already Captain" through to "There are no fish in this lake are there?"

We knew there'd be a dry spell without RDA around...so let's enjoy the memories that we have and the hope that before the show ends, we'll get to see something definitive about our favorite twosome.
                    Last edited by Myrth; 29 November 2005, 01:20 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                      Wow ! I don't really know bri's thoughts on the subject (but after reading some of her past posts, I now have an idea) but I know yours.
                      Thanks. It means a lot to me, and to other shippers as well I think.
                      That's sweet of you to say.

Madeleine

Comment

Madeline - I was really glad to read your thoughts on ship. It gives us a little glimmer of hope in a way since you're an anti shipper.

I think we're all in agreement that this storyline needs a resolution, and soon, if the show's going to move on. I'm never going to accept all the other changes otherwise.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

BTW - I'm gonna be making my first music vid soon

Sam and Jack shippy!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            Hear hear Uber on all points. Although the JAG reference squicks me a little, but that's no-one elses problem

So.. in light of the positive.

Because even when it isn't... it is.

Very nice... but could you edit your post please ? It's stretching the page... Thanks

Comment

Sorry... wasn't stretching mine out... price you pay for big monitors is inconsideration

Originally posted by florence
                              Very nice... but could you edit your post please ? It's stretching the page... Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi shippers

OT : but if you are in need of ship ( due to the lack of Sam & jack ship this season ) I have just made my First JAG Harm and Mac video ..it's shippy , shippy and shippy ..can't even be more shippy

"Don't know much " Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Jag.html

If you want to send feedback for JAG Harm & Mac , could you please do it in the JAG thread at Intel ..thank you .
                                http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_...p?showforum=50

and Flo the Celine Dion track if next for you and Marion but for Harm and Mac as I said before I may start it today

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X