This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Aw dang. Joe answered my question but it didn't answer the question...namely, I don't know whether or not he actually saw the question or not because I didn't ask if Sam would be actively involved with SG-1, but rather could we see small acknowledgements of ship next year to show Sam as a balanced individual with both her active SG-1 front burner storyline and her behind the scenes ship arc running simultaneously...

maybe that 'was' his answer....

sally (can't find right smiley face to use)
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      I agree parsifal.I do not want to see that even in a dream.Sam and Mckay in the same room gives me the creeps.I hate Mckay even more than Pete.It has nothing to do with the Actor.I will stay far away from this episode and I'am glad I do not watch Atlantis.I could not take seeing McKay drool over Sam next Year.I really wish AT and DH would tell TPTB enough of Mckay drooling over Sam.It's getting real old.People flip out if Sam and Jack are breathing the same Air but it's anything goes for Sam and another character that's not Jack.
      ses, don't you know that we can't have sam/jack in season 9, but we sure as heck WILL HAVE sam/other in season 9.

sally *insert 'whatever' face*
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
        Hi guys, I don't usually visit shipper threads but I'm totally for Sam and Jack so I guess I fit in not too bad here.
        I have a question I've been wondering for awhile and figure this is a good place to ask it. In Affinity, the scene where Sam shows Oneill the ring and he says that bit about "if it was different I wouldn't be here" what on earth does he mean?!
        WELCOME, solar wind!!!

The Shippers have entertained possible interpretations because TPTB are soooo vague and non-committal with The Ship! It's kind of late and I'm not thinkin' clearly so I'll look for the recent pages that discussed this and get back to you instead of trying to recall the hightlights and make mistakes.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, I don't usually visit shipper threads but I'm totally for Sam and Jack so I guess I fit in not too bad here.
          I have a question I've been wondering for awhile and figure this is a good place to ask it. In Affinity, the scene where Sam shows Oneill the ring and he says that bit about "if it was different I wouldn't be here" what on earth does he mean?!
          We discussed this a few weeks ago. Some said, if Charlie wasn't dead he would never had joined the SG and still be with Sarah. IMO-I think the question doesn't go beyond Charlie's death. I feel if they hadn't asked him to go on the first mission, he would have taken his own life. He wouldn't be there to meet Sam, he be dead. The scene is pretty obscure!
          sigpic

Comment

It's funny because we just had a big discussion about this a few weeks ago...

Here are two posts that outline my position:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=15739

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=15820

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              This is from JM question and answer thread:
              Originally Posted by chocdoc
              Hi Joe,

A number of fans think that you and the rest of TPTB are reducing AT's role in SG-1 to recurring status in season 10, and also having her make guest appearances in a recurring fashion in Atlantis, thereby effectively reducing AT's role to recurring in both shows only. Is this what is happening? And if so, isn't this a slight to Amanda Tapping who has given her all to SG-1 for nine years, and is partially responsible for its continued success all these years?

Thanks for your time.

"No and it isn't a slight."

His answer hit me wrong, I could have misunderstood-what do you think?
              Well like most things, it's up for interpretation.

My most positive spin is...No (we are not reducing Amanda to recurring) and (therefore) it isn't a slight.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                Guys where did JM say never again, definitly no Sam and Jack. In all his posts he never said never, he even told Carolina any thing is possible In other post he says,"The honest answer to that is "I don't know". Right now, we're focusing on other storylines and the Jack/Sam issue isn't at the forefront for a number of reasons, the chiefest being the fact that RDA is no longer a series regular."I don't know", doesn't mean never! If RDA doesn't agree to come back to do some shows, what's the point. JM is being as honest as he can be before being slapped down by the "OTHERS".
                that's true, trupi.

i guess i'm so down about not only ship but sam carter's future on this show... there's not much to look forward to.

sally *sighs*
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  It's funny because we just had a big discussion about this a few weeks ago...

Here are two posts that outline my position:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=15739

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=15820

thanks, Über! I couldn't find these pages.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    that's true, trupi.

i guess i'm so down about not only ship but sam carter's future on this show... there's not much to look forward to.

sally *sighs*
                    Sally believe me I'm not happy either. But if TPTB goes(Rep from SCFI channel are going) to Comic Con in NYC we need to write a Declaration of Shippiness! Read, give it or wall paper the convention site-whatever! Let them know we aren't going to give in to their disregards of the ship. Also, Nell and I have e-mailed the convention manager about trying to get RDA at the con to talk about the new game. The worst he can say is no but if we show lots of interest in seeing RDA, maybe he will broker a deal with RDA's agent. Maybe there we can relay the message how we feel. Once again -nothing to lose and maybe something to gain! (I'm for walking around the convention with penguin masks but we need a flock to make it effective). If anyone wants to try ( even if you are not going to the con) go www.nycomiccon.com and go to special events. The director's email will be listed.
                    sigpic

Comment

that's true, trupi.

sally *sighs*
                      *sighs* back with you Sally. It all seems to be going all to h*ll with our ship, and with Sam. I used to look forward to every episode of SG-1, but now I look from behind my hands covering my eyes as I wait for the next episode in trepidation as to what the writers will do next. *another big honkin' sigh*
                      sigpic

Comment

that's true, trupi.

sally *sighs*
                        I feel your pain!!! But, in spite of this dearth of Our Ship and Our Kicka$$ Sam, as long as Sam is on the show, I'll watch. And hope. That TPTB won't undo years of building up Sam's character and somehow, someway, someday give us some Ship worth SQUEE-ing about. **bows and steps off the stage**returns to her Sam and Jack fantasy world where they live happily ever after**
                        sigpic

Comment

I went back to Joe's Thread and found this in tonight's responses. I will take this as a possibility and hold it dearly for all I'm worth!! I'll check in with Joe from time to time about this as they firm up Season 10 and plan the 200th episode.

Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Nem2k
                          Will Rick be making an appearance in episode 200?
                          Too early to tell.
                          sigpic

Comment

question for my fellow shippers. i changed my sig and updated it to what i want for another season. the question is, is it good or sending the wrong message?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sally TPTB and most of the Actors always liked Sam/other over Sam/Jack.TPTB want to keep there characters single so they can use the guest Star of the week.TPTB can have McKay and every other character drool over Sam.TPTB do not want to Show a couple staying together for a while.TPTB think that's boring.TPTB used Sam/Jack to hook Viewers and keep them watching everyweek to see what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                                Just a quick visit to say...

Welcome ranchan2 and scifi_girl !

Happy birthday ElodySchumacher !
                                Thank you very much Florence ! It's so kind of you !
                                -SAM: Thank you sir !
                                -JACK: For what ?
                                -SAM: For being here for me
                                -JACK: Always

Comment

Working...
                                X