X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    I think MW made him do it...
    Oh boy - that would make poor Jumble have a heart attack!
    sigpic

Comment

Solitudes has just started on SkyOne here in the UK!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I think MW made him do it...
        Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Oh boy - that would make poor Jumble have a heart attack!
        I was going to write-don't tell her that! She'd hyperventilate and delay her recovery process! Thunking can be hazardous to one's health...you know, the end result of "thunk"
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

* Dazed thread member wanders into thread after several days' absence to make landmark post...

Hi, wonderful people! We certainly had fun on Shipmas, didn't we?
          Spoiler:
          Sorry I've been away since then, but I'm still trying to get my computer set up. Suddenly, it won't recognize my old (newly redownloaded) .pdf writer...and I can't find my Photoshop Elements. And without Elements, I'm just adrift...*sob*

But enough about me! I have downloaded all the lovely fan fiction written by you on Shipmas, and I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing over the next few days leading up to Christmas!

I must wander around Gateworld a bit more, but will return in earnest later tonight or tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
            That's so good of JM to dedicate his post to our Jumble! What a way to kick start the healing process!

((((((JM))))))
            Eeeeekkkk!!!! What's wrong with our Jumble?

Oh, dear...miss a day...miss a lot...

Welcome, Spooky Spice!!!
            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 18 December 2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
              Quote:
              John Manzione writes: “But, can you tell anything about the upcoming SG1 movie? Have the actors signed on? All or them? Some of them? Any chance at all that RDA is interested? Can we look to you for further information about the SG1 movie? Is February still a start date for it?”

Answer: February was never a start date. A more likely start of production would be summer of 2009. As for actor participation, I don’t know anything about any deals being closed but I do know that some of the actors have been approached and are looking forward to the project.

StellaByStargate writes: “Is the re-cut of SG-1 CotG still in the works and can we look for that to be released sometime soon? And also…since Brad and Carl seem rather busy with SGU for the time being, how is the SG-1 movie coming along?”

Answer: I believe the CotG is done. No idea when it will be released but I imagine very soon. As for the SG-1 movie - Brad and Carl broke the story together and now Carl is off writing the script. When he last reported in, Carl was about halfway through a first draft.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-was-my-idea/
              At Gatecon in August, RDA said, "I told Charlie Cohen that if he'd green light the third movie, I'd lose this 35 pounds I've gained. And he said ok." (RDA pats stomach cheerfully)

Charlie Cohen is one of the top NBC execs...so that brought out a huge cheer from the crowd.

So I'd say RDA is going to be prominent in this one. Somewhere else, I heard it was supposed to be Jack-centric...but I don't remember where. (hopex14)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Solitudes has just started on SkyOne here in the UK!

Okay, Solitudes has just finished. Fantastic episode! 'Ship classic.

Because of the late hour I had to watch it with subtitles on. I was very surprised at the end. When Sam comes back down to Jack after being on the surface, she cuddles up to Jack and I'm not sure but I think that Jack says "Sara"...but in the subtitles its down as "Sam"! I think the writer of the subtitles must be a 'shipper.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

80's ships OT:

Spoiler:
                  Jenn, I'm beginning to believe we were separated at birth - though you got to stay in the 'good' state! LOL

I, too, constantly search for Scarecrow and Mrs. King!

Welcome to the 80s: (OT)
                  Spoiler:

I'm waiting for Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Search it often, cause I've noticed they seem to pay attention to that sort of thing there.

And, for ontopicishness...more PolMath:

+

=

Which leads to infinity...

Siiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]*raises hand* Am I the only one who doesn't find the kiss incredibly hot? I mean, the real kiss. Not the gif which is contrived by being slow-mo and looped to be hot, but the actual thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wanna see those two kiss. It's just that knowing it's effectively her saying goodbye, and the way it's cut off so abruptly...
                    i can't see it as her saying goodbye. after she's rescued and then wakes up in the infirmary, she's still holding onto the illusion of her jack from the ship. yes, she was concussed and waking up not knowing where she was, but just the fact that she *wanted* that part of her experience to still be happening...

i honestly think that if jack had responded more overtly shippy, she wouldn't have closed up the way she did. i don't believe jack saying 'excuse me' was a repremand (not even the way he said it), just that sam realized right then and there that she was back in reality. but if jack had been shippy instead of just friendly, i think sam would have let her emotions and state of mind go free and tell him what happened (between them) on the ship.

i don't think she kissed him saying goodbye, but 'did' say goodbye in the infirmary when he was leaving. (((sam & jack)))
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn;9421271(hopex14)[/B
                      [/I]
                      So, can you explain the "14" to me? I read a fic recently where the author said they have SJ 14 times to mark chapter breaks and the folks on this thread would know.

Well...I'm on this thread and I'm stumped.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        At Gatecon in August, RDA said, "I told Charlie Cohen that if he'd green light the third movie, I'd lose this 35 pounds I've gained. And he said ok." (RDA pats stomach cheerfully)

Charlie Cohen is one of the top NBC execs...so that brought out a huge cheer from the crowd.

So I'd say RDA is going to be prominent in this one. Somewhere else, I heard it was supposed to be Jack-centric...but I don't remember where. (hopex14)
                        I think that was Brad Wright--from a GW article back in May...

Richard Dean Anderson will be getting some much-anticipated screen time in Continuum, and if executive producer Brad Wright has his way, it won't be the last.

"For me, an SG-1 movie should include O'Neill. That's how I feel about Stargate," Wright told us. Already a third SG-1 movie is being considered, and if nothing else, Brad says Jack needs to be back.

"[The third Stargate movie] is an O'Neill story, and I would include as many of our cast as we could, both financially and in terms of availability."

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...eed_onei.shtml
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          So, can you explain the "14" to me? I read a fic recently where the author said they have SJ 14 times to mark chapter breaks and the folks on this thread would know.

Well...I'm on this thread and I'm stumped.

Thanks!
                          Long story short: Last year, SGA S4, AT was in 14 episodes. That meant 14 opportunities for some shippy hint. Someone here said that if you said "I hope" 14 times what you hoped for would come true. Hence...HopeX14

(Did I get that right???? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...)
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks APA, you're zippy fast!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                            Long story short: Last year, SGA S4, AT was in 14 episodes. That meant 14 opportunities for some shippy hint. Someone here said that if you said "I hope" 14 times what you hoped for would come true. Hence...HopeX14

(Did I get that right???? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...)

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              I believe his name was Aden Corso, from "Forsaken".
                              Oh, that guy! I guess he never occurred to me because Sam didn't really seem interested in him, and while he flirted with her, she didn't flirt back. Nor did they have any kind of a date. <shrug>

Okay, somebody speak up and tell me how wrong I am. You know you want to!

Welcome to the 80s: (OT)
                              Spoiler:

Hunter

Of course, being cheap and lazy, I prefer (won't work for non-US I believe):

Remington Steele
                              Beauty and the Beast

I'm waiting for Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Search it often, cause I've noticed they seem to pay attention to that sort of thing there.

TBH, though, as I'm allowed to control the mouse as often as I was allowed to control the remote, we usually end up watching either this or this. Which isn't a complaint, and does tend to prove hubs has better luck with ships (of all kinds) than I do *sigh*
                              I know this is OT, but I'm not going to put it in spoilers. I hope you'll excuse it.

There's a great site that I haven't heard anybody mention called www.tvshowsondvd.com. You can go and sign up, and you can vote for the shows you want to see on DVD. The production companies refer to this to gauge the interest and then decide if a show will be released. It also lists what shows are already on DVD (that you may not even know) and if you sign up that you're interested in a show, it'll email you updates on when/if things are said regarding their release. They're great, and I highly recommend them, plus, if there's a show missing from their list (which is very rare), you can even have it added.
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                Eeeeekkkk!!!! What's wrong with our Jumble?

Oh, dear...miss a day...miss a lot...

Welcome, Spooky Spice!!!
                                A post from Jumble's daughter Suz about why Jumble hasn't been on in a few days...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X