This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
    Dinosaur here. How the heck do you make a bookmark??

J.
    You can use a photo editing program, or just use the old method : paste pics on paper
    But a lovely posting card could be fine too
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
      Here's a pic of The Cost of Honor by Sally Malcolm :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...y_flo/book.jpg

I can lend this book and 'A Matter of Honor' too. In fact, I'm going to lend 'A Matter of Honor' to Lys, so if someone wants to borrow it after, just tell me !
      As for 'The Cost of Honor', I'm going to lend it to nell first (I only need to finish reading it first ! ). Who's next on the list ? I've seen a few pages before that LOL4JACK, sg-1fanintn and gatebee were interested... Someone else ?
      I really love that idea of books traveling all around the world !
      florence....Oh, I am patiently waiting for you to finish the book!!! And I, too, like that we can connect with one another by sharing books and bookmarks in a tangible way!! Around the world!!!

So, after our mini-ship day, I will be sure to make a list of books available and borrowers. Then, we'll sort through folks setting up exchanges of addresses. OK?!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        florence....Oh, I am patiently waiting for you to finish the book!!! And I, too, like that we can connect with one another by sharing books and bookmarks in a tangible way!! Around the world!!!

So, after our mini-ship day, I will be sure to make a list of books available and borrowers. Then, we'll sort through folks setting up exchanges of addresses. OK?!
        No problem for me
        I have to work on my 2 bookmarks now... 1 not shippy for Lys (she's a non-shipper) and 1 very shippy for nell !
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
          I have returned. So where are these bookmarks?
          Cathain, if you would like to read the book just join the list... of Book 1 or Book 2, then when you receive the book the shipper that will be sending it to you, will also be sending you a shipper bookmark to keep...

PS: There are RL bookmarks and it's a way of sharing a little bit the ship outside GW

Anybody else has book 2 that they would like to lend the idea is that you will get it back with all the shippers messages that read it

I like the idea so much, that I might buy book 2 to lend it away

JafaCakes, thanks for the offering... Eu falo um poquinho mas eu quero aprender, voce e portuguesa?

PS: Shippers, don't forget to vote in the Shippy Poll

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

That is a great idea LOL4Jack! I already have the first four books and I'll be getting the fifth soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Hi Shipper Family, just reminding you of another Ship activity organized by Nell.... We have 2 books to borrow (if people have more and would like to share, please let us know... also if you would like to join... you need to do a bookmark

So, For Example, for Book 2, Flo will sign her book and make a bookmark...send it to Lys...

Lys, get's to keep the shippy bookmark.... signs the book and sends it to Nell, with her shippy bookmark as a present for Nell.

Nell, get's to keep Lys bookmark... signs the book and sends the book to Gatebee with a bookmark for Gatebee to keep

PS: Of course the signing and sending of the book happens after you read it...

That way when the book returns to it's owner, it will have messages from shippers all around the world and shippers from all around the world would get to keep a Shippy bookmark
              Carolina, I have a copy of "Matter of Honor" someone can borrow!
              sigpic

Comment

I'll play...

I just want to thank everyone for the green and bday wishes...I know I said this once, but I'll say it again. You guys ROCK!

I just got done writing FOUR papers for school, (took last week off from Gateworld so I have some time to possibly start creating another video...yea!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                My Stargate Videos
                It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                  I love the bookmarks guys !! thanks !! wonderful job !! I might need to borrow the second book some time

Nell : LMAO, I hope more is coming soon

GB, nice pinguins !!!

I asked this a few days ago and I haven't got an answer yet so I ask again
                  I think it could interest some other shipper family members
                  what songs remind you of J&S ?? i know one or two of you guys made a list, if you could share it (again... ) with us that would be awesome !!! thanks in advance
                  I haven't found the whole list yet, but there are two songs from the past year that I'd love to see translated into S/J videos, because they're perfect!

One is The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. (No, it doesn't sound country at all!)

The other is Memories of Us by Keith Urban (He's really starting to explode in the show biz world, so I hope you've heard of him). He's also dating actress Nicole Kidman.

I even have (in my mind) most of the clips I'd pull planned out on both of them! But so far, I don't have the DVDs (I've asked Santa for all eight seasons for Christmas) or any screencapping or video software.....so I'm really frustrated on this issue! If either of these interests you, PM me, and we can talk.

And I'll try to find the song list to post if someone doesn't beat me to it! With any luck, I'll be able to share it tonight!

Comment

Sorry not to have made it here before now & to have missed the party. It looks like everyone had a fantastic time and we have some really talented family members.

(((shipper family)))
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I haven't found the whole list yet, but there are two songs from the past year that I'd love to see translated into S/J videos, because they're perfect!

The other is Memories of Us by Keith Urban (He's really starting to explode in the show biz world, so I hope you've heard of him). He's also dating actress Nicole Kidman.

I even have (in my mind) most of the clips I'd pull planned out on both of them! But so far, I don't have the DVDs (I've asked Santa for all eight seasons for Christmas) or any screencapping or video software.....so I'm really frustrated on this issue! If either of these interests you, PM me, and we can talk.

And I'll try to find the song list to post if someone doesn't beat me to it! With any luck, I'll be able to share it tonight!
                      I know just how you feel! I don't have any video software really either. But there are plenty of songs I can think of. If you're interested we can PM

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                        That is a great idea LOL4Jack! I already have the first four books and I'll be getting the fifth soon though.
                        I have to give all the credit to Nell!!!!

And I would also like to give you more inside scoop

We brainstormed a lot during the earlier days of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops team we didn't even have a name yet...

We wanted first to have a mini ship day, because we were sad that there was no ship given by TPTB, so we were planning on shaking things up and bring the ship back to life to the Shipper Family.... Florence was in a quest for a shippy research... still in the making

We thought about a name for the event... Ship, Ship Hooray, then we thought why only one day? we should have more than one... so we were thinking of important milestone days in the Ship life, but it got so complicated that suddenly the idea of celebrating important milestones in Sam and Jack's life came... and gaves the perfect excuse to repeat this even during the year Xmas/New Year, Valentine, Easter, SHIP DAY of course, and Halloween and have these ship days with themes...

So, Nell came up with the idea of the bookmarks and we all loved it... we all also had a task to prepare... the invitation was put together by SG-1fanintn,, Pic by Lys, text by Nell/SG-1fanintn, Florence was going to initiate... and she had the idea to make it about what we were gratefull for... I was going to look for pics that had to do with food... table, dinner, drinks and start a countdown to get into the mood

And well, we also have some things up our sleves for the First Xmas with the O'Neills or as Sacme might call it... Merry ShipXMas

Thanks all for joining, nice to see some new and old shippers come back....

Love you all..... Squeee....

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Well, if it's per request I would love to see "In My Life" from The Beatles in a Ship Video....

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                            And well, we also have some things up our sleves for the First Xmas with the O'Neills or as Sacme might call it... Merry ShipXMas
                            Could it be what we were talking about yesterday on MSN ? If that's it, yes we really have some things up our sleeves for the next Mini Ship Day !

Comment

I have to leave you now... It's VERY late here (1:16AM ! ) and tomorrow is a work day so...

I had a lot of fun with you today ! Thanks to everyone for having made this Mini Ship Day a Great Ship Day !
                              But the day is not finished in US, so keep on with the fun ! I'll catch up with everything tomorrow !

Comment

Good night Florence and thanks for helping come up with the Mini-Ship day

Comment

Working...
                                X