X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    [LEFT]
    Brought some shipper friends to dinner![/CENTER]
    you look so nice all together !!! that's great !!!

Comment

first run back to the stargate from off world

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Hi Shippers, please remeber to vote in today's poll, you know there isn't a ship day without a poll

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=16085

Flo... Wooohooo, you made it... **Waves**

Caty, I LOVE your vid.... squeee... it's so shippy and happy and funny... did I mention that I love your vid

Suekay, I'm sorry you are missing today
        Yes ! I'm finally here ! Pheew, it took me a while to catch up with this thread ! (the fact that I had to chat with my ISP Tech Support didn't help either... )
        Thanks for reposting the link to the poll, I won't have to find it back !
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Well I've got to go get some sleep now back to work tomorrow. Why does the weekend pass so quickly? Happy shipsgiving to you all.

Shirley

Comment

From the Ship, Ship Hooray, Special Ops Team

SAM: Jack, do you think it's time to call the shippers to the table?
            JACK: Let's wait because they are flying from all over the world...

DANIEL: The plane, the plane

PEOPLE: OMG, you didn't tell me there were so many...

JACK: You see Sam, I told you we were popular...
            Last edited by LOL4JACK; 20 November 2005, 02:32 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              From the Ship, Ship, Special Ops Team*

The Thanksgiving Shipper's Poll

<snip>

Please vote for one and don't forget to tell us why?
              Very hard to choose... But I think I'll vote for :
              9* Beneath the Surface: The end scene, when Sam calls Jack, "Sir"

Because I love this episode, it has so many shippy moments (the 'head on shoulder' scene is probably my fav ship scene...). We can see how Sam and Jack could be like if there were no regs to separate them (even if we didn't get to see as much as what was originally written... )
              And that end scene is sooo sad... Back to who they are, back to the regs, back to not showing inapropriate feelings... *sigh*
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                Sam and Jack Forever
                Penguins are here ! The party can begin now !

(intentional repost of that pic cause they are so cute ! )

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  Okay, I'm going to try stopping my monologue here and start a little discussion...

I don't know a lot about Thanksgiving since it's a typical US holiday. But it seems to me that it has something about thanking, right ?

So I was thinking : What do we have to thank Sam and Jack for ?

I know I have to thank them for making me find out this great Shipper Family, with which I've had so much fun. My life wouldn't be the same without you guys !

And you ? What do you have to thank Sam and Jack for ? What did it bring to your life ?
                  And here I thought the Ship Special Ops Team had thought of everything! What ugly Americans we are!!!! A short explanation of Thanksgiving:

Around this time of year in 1620, ships filled with English pilgrims landed at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts. They hurried to build shelters from the approaching winter, and their stores of food didn't carry them as far as they had hoped. But they were befriended by the natives of this New World, who shared food with them and taught them to hunt.

In the spring, the pilgrims were able to plant crops, and after their harvest the next fall, they wanted to thank the neighbors who had helped them through the first hard winter. They invited the natives to share in a feast with them. This was the first Thanksgiving, and Americans have celebrated the holiday on the fourth Thursday in November ever since.

I hope that clears up any confusion on this, and apologize for being so culturally insensitive!!!!! So what am I thankful for this year?

Most of all, of course, I'm thankful for my family and that we are able to provide for ourselves. That's OT, but it seems wrong not to mention it.

As far as the Stargate universe goes, I'm thankful:

1. For Threads, and what it set in canon. Anyone who doubts what happened there is missing the obvious!

2. That I found this community of wonderful like-minded people. Like most of you, I don't know many people in RL who watch Stargate. And there's no one who is as interested in it as I am!

3. That I have made some wonderful new friends on three continents with whom I can share the highs and lows of our fandom. I found Gateworld by Googling the word, Stargate, after Moebius left me somewhat befuddled. Although I use a computer every day, I had never communicated with other people online before. I was looking for official information. I feared any people I encountered would be a little weird. Boy, was I wrong! I have met some of the nicest people here, from 16 to 60+!

Comment

well guys , bad news, I got to leave, it's been a tough and long day for me today, and it's already midnight here in France. I'll catch up on everything tomorrow (I hope...)
                    have fun, have a great dinner party and drink a little cup of champagne for me

Carolina, almost 1000

HAPPY SHIPGIVING to all of you and YAY for the O'Neills !!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                      well guys , bad news, I got to leave, it's been a tough and long day for me today, and it's already midnight here in France. I'll catch up on everything tomorrow (I hope...)
                      have fun, have a great dinner party and drink a little cup of champagne for me

Carolina, almost 1000

HAPPY SHIPGIVING to all of you and YAY for the O'Neills !!

Goodnight, lonely_star!!!

**thanks to Mala50 for the cap**
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorshrl
                        Well I've got to go get some sleep now back to work tomorrow. Why does the weekend pass so quickly? Happy shipsgiving to you all.

Shirley

Good night, majorshrl!!! Come visit us again!! You want some leftovers??

thanks Mala50 for the cap
                        sigpic

Comment

Whew! Wasn't sure I'd make it--arriving *fashionably* late, I guess! The table looks scrumptious.

From the Ship, Ship, Special Ops Team*

The Thanksgiving Shipper's Poll

During our last ship day, we voted for our top 3, non-hug, non-kiss and non-head on shoulder moment.... and below are the top 10+1, now I ask you to vote for your "1", "One", "Only One" "Uno" "Une" top ship moment in this category.... no cheeting, no picking more than one.... I will count the votes at the end of the day

Checked out the poll--how the heck am I supposed to pick just *one* of those scenes?? They were all great.

I guess if I have to pick, though, I'd go with the "Divide and Conquer" scene #1: "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" (though I *love* his face in the other scene, where he's walking down the corridor and looking back). Reason: it was totally unexpected, totally amazing, blew the whole ship thing wide open--and almost made me fall off the bed in surprise when I heard it. I had to replay the tape to make sure I'd heard correctly! It also made me race to the phone to call a Stargate-watching friend just to talk about it.

So, for sheer emotional rush, it gets my vote.

J.
                          Last edited by DarkQuee1; 20 November 2005, 04:47 PM.
                          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

A little post before I hit the sack
                            I finally caught up with the mini ship day pages and so glad it was a success I read through everything , saw all the lovely pics + Stories , bookmarks , links to fics ..ect ...except Elodie's video which I don't seem to be able to download ..wanted to reply individually to everybody but The green system does not seem to work today !!! Typical !!! and thank you for all your comments about my collage and Sam and Jack encyclopedia Video ( as Marion nicely said ) for ship day

Have a nice end of ship day Keep posting

Caty

Comment

Gatebee 4500 on Shippgiving Day!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                And here I thought the Ship Special Ops Team had thought of everything! What ugly Americans we are!!!! A short explanation of Thanksgiving:

<snip>
                                Thanks for the explanation !
                                So what am I thankful for this year?

Most of all, of course, I'm thankful for my family and that we are able to provide for ourselves. That's OT, but it seems wrong not to mention it.

As far as the Stargate universe goes, I'm thankful:

1. For Threads, and what it set in canon. Anyone who doubts what happened there is missing the obvious!

2. That I found this community of wonderful like-minded people. Like most of you, I don't know many people in RL who watch Stargate. And there's no one who is as interested in it as I am!

3. That I have made some wonderful new friends on three continents with whom I can share the highs and lows of our fandom. I found Gateworld by Googling the word, Stargate, after Moebius left me somewhat befuddled. Although I use a computer every day, I had never communicated with other people online before. I was looking for official information. I feared any people I encountered would be a little weird. Boy, was I wrong! I have met some of the nicest people here, from 16 to 60+!
                                I couldn't agree more with you !
                                I loved Threads and what it meant for the shippers ! No more and we got 'Always' and fishing !

Like you, I've made a lot of friends because of SG1 and Sam/Jack (and now because of Atlantis too). When I found GW, it was because I was looking for an SG1 episode guide. I had just found out SG1 and I wanted to know more about that show, and especially about Sam&Jack. I had only watched a few eps (I was watching the reruns on french tv, and they were at season 3 if I remember well... ) and I wanted to know what were the eps that I couldn't miss if I wanted to see ship
                                Then I had a look at the Forum section, found the Sam&Jack ship thread and lurked for a few months...
                                But this thread looked so funny and friendly that one day (it was 1 year ago... Sweet memories... ) I decided to delurk and after that, I've never stopped posting !

Comment

Working...
                                X