Clear All

Me too I 'm working on something ...
    -SAM: Thank you sir !
    -JACK: For what ?
    -SAM: For being here for me
    -JACK: Always

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Less than an hour to go till the big holiday event starts! Florence, are you awake yet? I haven't gone to bed yet...and it's after 3am in Nashville Tennessee, USA!
      my goodness-I know why I am up at this unholy hour (nightshift)-but why are you?

big doings today!
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ElodySchumacher
        Me too I 'm working on something ...
        Welcome, ElodySchumacher! It's always good to have new shippers join us! The people here are super, and it sounds like we're all working on something! I have a holiday story that's hot off the presses.....and in 20 minutes, I'm going to post it and scurry off to bed!

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          my goodness-I know why I am up at this unholy hour (nightshift)-but why are you?

big doings today!
          Hi, Rosemary! Good to see you! Well.....we just haven't gone to bed yet! Hubby has his laptop, and he's been working on some new software he bought for his business. I finished a new little fic, and figured since it was so close to start time, I'd just post it before catching some z's.

Now.....you're working tonight? Bummer! You're on U.S. Central Time too!

Comment

Clock is ticking… it’s almost time for The O’Neill’s First Thanksgiving party to begin…

While waiting, I’m going to tell you how this whole event was created…

Some time ago, in Shipper Town…

Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team member #1 (we’ll keep the names secret… ) : “Shippers are not very happy these days… No ship in season 9, no Jack… Hard to keep the ship torch burning… “
            SSHSOT member #2 : “Yeah, shippers are not happy campers… What could we do to bring back some happiness in Shipper Town ?”
            SSHSOT member #3 : “Let’s see… What do we need to make a shipper happy ?”
            SSHSOT member #4 : “A BIG HONKIN KISS !”
            SSHSOT member #3 :”Of course, that’s a must have ! What else ?”
            SSHSOT member #1 :”Food ! Food is very important in the SJ ship : blue jello for Sam and red jello for Jack (and when they kiss, we get purple jello !)”
            SSHSOT member #2 : “And ship cookies !”
            SSHSOT member #4 :”Lots of shipper cookies !”
            SSHSOT member #3 : “Okay. So far, we have a BIG HONKIN KISS and food… What else ?”
            SSHSOT member # 4: “Let’s mix the 2 together, and I’m sure we could get something interesting !”
            SSHSOT member #1 : “Eeeew ! I’m a SJ shipper but I don’t really want to know what they do with food when they’re alone together… Erm, scratch that, I want to know !”
            SSHSOT member #2 : “Me too… *sigh* Could we get back on topic please ?”
            SSHSOT member #3 : “Let’s start from the beginning… We KNOW that Sam and Jack are together, no matter what anyone can say about it. Even if we don’t SEE it, we shippers know the truth. Hey, it’s not really a secret, Sam and Jack live here in Shipper Town and they’re not really hiding… “
            SSHSOT member #4 : “Oh yes, they are so cute together ! Did I tell you when I met them holding hands in the park ? Awww so sweet…”
            SSHSOT member #1 : “Yeah, you’ve told us many many MANY times… Topic please !”
            SSHSOT member #4 : “Sorry… Ah yes ! We know that they are together now. So why not celebrate their 1st year together ?”
            SSHSOT member #2 :”1st year ? But they’re together since a few months only !”
            SSHSOT member #4 : “Okay, maybe not their 1st year, but there’s going to be a lot of 1st times this year !”
            SSHSOT member members : *collective shippy sigh*
            SSHSOT member #3 :”Back on topic ! We’re easily distracted today ! In fact, it’s a great idea ! We could celebrate their 1st Halloween, Christmas, Valentine and so on !”
            SSHSOT member #1 :”Halloween is too late, we’re already in November… But Thanksgiving could be a nice day to start this !”
            SSHSOT member #4 : “Yeah ! Thanksgiving ! Food !”
            SSHSOT member #2 : “Okay, it’s a date then ! We’re going to celebrate The O’Neill’s First Thanksgiving !”
            SSHSOT members : “WOOHOO !”
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

PS : for the newbies who don't know the whole history of Shipper Town, have a look here. (Thanks a lot again to Mala and Token for having built this town ! )
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Jack :"Sam ! Wake up ! Our friends are here !"
                Sam : "Uh ? What ? Why are they here ?"
                Jack : "Come on Sam... And I thought you were the brain in our couple... It's our 1st Thanksgiving and all our friends are coming to celebrate with us !"
                Sam :"Ah yes, I remember now ! Sorry but I'm still a bit asleep, we didn't have a lot of sleep last night..."
                Jack :

Comment

Is this micro working ? Yes ? Okay, here we go... *cough* I'm very honored and happy to declare The O'Neill's First Thanksgiving party... OPEN !

Comment

Hello, fellow shippers! In honor of our event, I decided to try to write a little fan fic (only my second). My muse must have been with me, because it came together a lot faster than the one I've been working on off and on for a month!

I hope you like it. It's short, just a little "slice of life" as to what I think Sam and Jack are probably doing now! Since Gateworld is having problems with the fanfic portion of its site right now, I uploaded it to fanfiction.net. I hope you like it! It's called Thanksgiving in the Springs. Here's the link!

Now, I'm off to catch some sleep! Back a little later today!!!!!

Comment

Well, I see that shippers and Sam&Jack friends are still gathering, so I'll go on telling you the history of this event...

We had an idea. We had food. But what else did we need for that party ?...

Noone ? Okay, I see that everyone is still sleeping... That's a good excuse for our friends in the US, but we in Europe have no excuse : WAKE UP !

What we need for this party is...

SAM AND JACK OF COURSE !

So the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team went to Sam&Jack's house and told them about their project...

Sam : What do you think about it ?"
                      Jack : "You know, as long as there's food and possibility of a BIG HONKIN KISS, I'm always ready !"
                      Sam : "You and food... "
                      Jack : "Ha ! I see that you have nothing against a BIG HONKIN KISS !"
                      Sam : "Of course ! Why would I have something against that ?"
                      Sam and Jack :

Comment

sg-1fanintn : Fic ! Great ! I'm going to print it and read it later, I'm too busy at the moment !

Next on the 'O'Neill's First Thanksgiving' project history...

We had an idea. We had food. We had Sam and Jack. What else ?

We needed to tell everyone about it ! If not, it would be a very small party !
                        So ne needed an invitation... That's when our non-shipper friend Lys came to help us. (because you can be a non-shipper and be friend with shippers... and vice versa ! )
                        Then after a lot of PSP manips, lots and lots of mails sent across the ocean between US and Europe, we had our great invitation ! (the one I've posted a little earlier)

Comment

It's a great honor as a shipper to be invited to the first O'neill's thanksgiving !
                          Attached Files
                          -SAM: Thank you sir !
                          -JACK: For what ?
                          -SAM: For being here for me
                          -JACK: Always

Comment

Okay, I'm going to try stopping my monologue here and start a little discussion...

I don't know a lot about Thanksgiving since it's a typical US holiday. But it seems to me that it has something about thanking, right ?

So I was thinking : What do we have to thank Sam and Jack for ?

I know I have to thank them for making me find out this great Shipper Family, with which I've had so much fun. My life wouldn't be the same without you guys !

And you ? What do you have to thank Sam and Jack for ? What did it bring to your life ?

Comment

I tried to find fics related to Thanksgiving and here's what I've found :

Stuffing Duty by moon_n_star : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...uffingduty.php

Never Alone : Family by Su Freund : http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...veralone2.html

A Snowy Adventure Part 1 by Suzanne Whitmarch : http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/8/asnowy3.html

Turkey Days Are Here Again by Seanchaidh : http://www.geocities.com/seanchaidh101/turkey.htm

A SG-1 Thanksgiving by Earllyn (GW name : gwenhwyfar)
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2149479/1/

If you know other fics, please share !

I have to leave you for a while. Today is a busy day for me, and when I say 'busy', think 'wallpaper, painting'...
                              Catch you all later !

Comment

Wohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Mini Ship Day aka.... "Thanksgiving with the O'Neills"

So I see that Florence, told you all about how it started... Well, basically we wanted ship and since we knew it was happening off-line we wanted to bring it on-line, Sam and Jack are together.... but we didn't want to wait until July 28th to celebrate Ship Day.... so we decided that why not have mini ship days during the year.... and when? well every family celebration

So we hope you will join us during this year to come to celebrate, Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year, Valentine (squeeee) Easter, Ship Day and Halloween, each of them with their own theme.... todays? Thanksgiving... Food, Family, Get together and overall, to be thankfull.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X