X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florence
    LOL at the pic !

No, we've not succeeded in converting Lys to the dark side... She's still a non-shipper. But she kindly accepted to help us for the invitation
    yeah it's what I thought Thanks Lys then guess you guys deserve a little something

gold pinguoin shipper medal by Lys, what would we do without Lys

(((((((((((((((((ship ship hooray special ops team )))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
      yeah it's what I thought Thanks Lys then guess you guys deserve a little something

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1...uincoin1pl.jpg
      gold pinguoin shipper medal by Lys, what would we do without Lys

(((((((((((((((((ship ship hooray special ops team )))))))))))))))

I wonder
      And so you know Marion, I'm still a hopeless case
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

OMG ! Almost forgot !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEKAY !!!
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

OMG ! Almost forgot !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEKAY !!!

florence, Just borrowing your Birthday Banner for sueKay!! SUEKAY 18!!!!!

AND, CONGRATS LOL4JACK ON 900 POSTS!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone..

As for the *ring* subject.. I dont have anything new to add, and Id probably just be repeating a lot of what has already been said.
            But I do think it was a great scene; so much tension too.. like they were both waiting for the other to say something.. or do something.
            Just watching the expentancy in their eyes.. *sighs*
            --oo that rhymed lol--

And...I do think that Oma's opinion was very interesting.. and really made me think -- which takes quite a bit

But that all seems a bit wasted.. now that Ive seen how S9 is going..

ANYWAY.. on a better note.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEKAY!

Yay for 18!!.. You can do so much now, lol.

So take advantage of it
            Sam&Jack
            ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
            ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
            TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              I'll bet there are as many different answers as shippers for this one! My take is this...

Sam: If things had been different.... I think she was meaning the chain of command thing / duty / goa'uld / replicators / etc ..... saying as openly as possible (given the situation) that she wanted a relationship with Jack, not

But then Jack went all deep and meaningful (not his normal reaction, but he knew this was important to her) and his "I wouldn't be here" makes me want to tear my hair out! The shipper in me says that he'd have left the SGC ages ago and commenced a relationship with Sam, but the Realist thinks that he meant Charlie. That's the biggest regret in his life, and IMHO the one thing he could change if he could - regardless of it meaning he'd never entered the Stargate programme. (snip)
              Oma, sorry I snipped... just to save some space....

Well, I have to say for a year or so, since this episode aired, that was exactly my opinion, "If things where different" Jack would be with Sarah and Charlie but then.... I bought the DVD S8 and heard the commentary from PDL and my Shippy heart was healed, he talked a lot about this scene, even the entonation of Jack's "Wouldn't be here" and he said that they really wanted to leave it open so people could understand what they wanted.

And he continues saying, yes, O"Neill says, I wouldn't be here, and why would that be? because if things where different I would be with you!!!! and THEN I saw it different...

Now, I also questioned myself on why did I take it so differently, me thinks the shippy heart in us feel that Regs can be worked out so we go deeper into what could really have them apart and it's Charlie being alive

Shippers, S8 is full of Shippy Director's Commentaries, I guess they thought it was really the last season and they wanted to close some stories and one of them was ship, there is ship through all the season, but damn I'm sure they changed that ending after they found out it had been renewed

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Congrats on your milestone LOL4JACK !!

Hey, you're a 'Dirty Dancing' fan ? Same here !
                Flo, I will age and I'll never get tired of Dirty Dancing, Pretty Women, While you Where Sleeping... land a couple of others... I mean, I'm a hopelessly romantic, there has to be love everywhere, like another of my favorite movies says... Love Actually... and well, Love, Shakespeare in Love, Notting Hill and 2 Weeks notice...Squeee to all.... OK, better stop... Jack has an important message

Jack: SueKay, I had a blast last night at the Stargate Intel party.
                SueKay: Thank you Jack, it was lots of fun....
                Jack: Sam keeps pushing me out of Bed, she wants to know at what time does your birthday party start...
                SueKay: Well Jack, I'm 18 now, it sarted at midnight and it will not end till midnight, Wooooohoooooo
                Sam: Jack, don't forget to tell her, you have to make it official....
                Jack: SueKay, before I forget....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  Flo, I will age and I'll never get tired of Dirty Dancing, Pretty Women, While you Where Sleeping... land a couple of others... I mean, I'm a hopelessly romantic, there has to be love everywhere, like another of my favorite movies says... Love Actually... and well, Love, Shakespeare in Love, Notting Hill and 2 Weeks notice...Squeee to all.... OK, better stop... Jack has an important message
                  YAY Hugh Grant !!!I guess i'm an eternal romantic too
                  talking about that, some of you if I remember made a list of songs that remind them of Sam and Jack. Could you give me that list ? i'm looking for great songs to listen to right now, well especially new songs, things I'm not used to listen. I discovered Tim McGraw my best friend and Remember me thanks to a fic and that was cool, so if you guys have ideas

and of course, SueKay :

Comment

Just thought I would pop in for this.......

Happy 18th Birthday SueKay!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEKAY!

What would we do without you?
                      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                      LOVE HIM-> DT
                      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Posted this on MW but in case you come here first ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUEKAY

Comment

Please don't tell me something like that ! I'm definitely not a Sam/Jack shipper when it comes to Without A Trace ! I love my Sam/Martin ship !
                          Well, I don't know anything about the show, but the interview does sound like nothing is settled between any of the characters. However, the whole quote in the actual interview about marrying Jack was longer and said she thought they should get married IN THE LAST EPISODE. Thought. Not would.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                            How about Q is for Question that Jack asks Sam?

How I wish that it had been Jack asking THE question and holding a ring he had bought.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              You know a lot of shippers hate the episode Affinity which is on tonight in syndication...and I do to mind you but not for shippy reasons. Just read my review of it under the Affinity episode thread for my full opinion.

There is however a very shippy scene in this episode...but it had a line I never could understand because I couldn't figure out what either Sam or Jack meant:

It is the Ring Scene....

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *she trails off*
                              Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here.

This back and forth never made sense to me...before tonight. If what things had been different? Her not dating Pete? If they had gotten together? And what did Jack mean by "I wouldn't be here?"

Then I realized what they were saying to each other and would like to share it with you here.

Let's put it into context. These are two people who've cared about each other for years but have ALWAYS put duty first. They knew they could not serve together and have a relationship while in the same direct chain of command...and therefore they would not be able to do what they needed to do to get rid of the Goa'uld and Replicator threats. Duty before personal interests.

With this thought in mind, let's re-examine what they were saying to each other...which now seems really obvious to me (my thoughts are in blue):

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *and the major threats against this galaxy had been taken care of so that we were free to move on from the SGC and explore a relationship with each other*
                              Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here. *because I'd leave the SGC so I wouldn't be your CO as I want to be able to explore a relationship with you too*

Enter Season 9. Goa'uld...gone. Replicators...gone. Pete...gone. Jack is no longer at the SGC and is no longer Sam's CO.

So my interpretation is...Sam's "if things had been different" actually scenario plays out and Jack follows through on his end..."I wouldn't be here."

So what do you think?

I like your interpretation. You know-- RDA could have said that phrase with different stresses. He said "I wouldn't BE here." Saying it with the stress on "here" at first hearing might sound like the same meaning, but to me it would be a bit different. There have been, of course, several interpretations. One of the GW reviewers castigated Sam for questioning Jack about Charlie,"tactless" and probably a non-shipper because the reviewer went on to talk about a 40 yr old woman, which Sam wasn't (Sam is Sam not AT and even AT wasn't 40), acting emotional, focussing on HER problems.. Threw in something about teen agers, though I don't remember the exact wording. Huh? romantic problems can strike at any age
                              Last edited by Gatetrixer; 12 November 2005, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Just throwing it out there-don't toss rocks-If Jack didn't go through the Stargate and join the program-he would have blown out his brains! He would be dead-maybe- don't kill....... and

Happy 18th Birthday SueKay
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X