This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple
    I missed my first new episode of stargate in 9 years last night and I have no desire to even find out what happened.....it's a sad day when I start feeling like this...I went out to buy a VCR JUST to tape an episode during season 8 when I was going to a gig and I didnt even think twice last night about recording the new season 9 episode...the show is lost...I don't think there's much hope for the future of the show...

TPTB have let all the power go to their head and care too much about money and making it the longest ever sci-fi show...I'm hoping for a Serenity 2 and hope to move away from Stargate...I have lost faith in the show I grew up with stargate, started watching it when I was 14 I'm now 22, spent thousands on my trip to Vancouver to Gatecon 2004, other cons, merchandise, dvds you name it I have it...re-runs will be my only stargate viewing from now on I think....
    Keep the faith, Purple! My kids feel the same way,let down! But I'm not giving in and will tape the show and watch when I have time. If we get good news then I think about watching it again when it airs. But right, now I don't even want to watch the reruns. Sad!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      I loved the episode and thought the show was ended very nicely! I wish that I could have gotten the actor's name but missed the credits but was definitly cute and worked well with RDA.
      He was Dalton James. There was another episode after that called "Mountain of Youth" which has nothing to do with Sam Malloy and seems like an episode tacked on after what was supposed to be the last one, what with RDA's voiceover at the end. Cast and resumes of all the eps can be found on RDAnderson.com.

Comment

Su Freund is an amazing writer...love her stuff...you can find all her stories here - http://www.ficwithfins.com

(((((Purple)))))))

I'm in the same boat...though I must say Atlantis is amazing...it's clear Brad Wright's not at fault...he's making SGA just as good as the early years of SG1
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Su Freund is an amazing writer...love her stuff...you can find all her stories here - http://www.ficwithfins.com

(((((Purple)))))))

I'm in the same boat...though I must say Atlantis is amazing...it's clear Brad Wright's not at fault...he's making SGA just as good as the early years of SG1
          Her stories are great! Have you heard from Gatebee?
          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone realize that Peter DeLuise has also gone to SGA to direct? It seems that anyone who favored Sam, Jack or Sam and Jack are being moved out for the "new storyline."

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              i'm already not watching-and friday nite was sacred in my house-you did not do anything in the room in which mother was taping -it was the same for monday nite-not anymore.
              I didn't answer the phone and totally ignored everyone else in the house on that sacred Friday night. Now it's 'Oh is it Friday? Let's do some thing fun.' Watching SG season 9 is like puting sharp sticks in my eyes (perhaps I exagerate but not much).
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Trupi - gatebee's only really at stargate intel most days, and she's been feeling a bit poorly so she hasn't been online much you'll find her here - http://forum.stargate-intel.net
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                  There is an article on Gateworld where RC is saying that the "Ori" has taken the show to new heights; are they kidding? Each and every season they say that new and spectacular things will be happening; then you watch and I find myself searching for the new and spectacular and I walk away feeling mislead and frustrated.

What really fries me is they had all of Season 8 with plenty of RDA, and although there may have been a couple, and I use that word loosely, episodes that were okay and yes we did get Jack and Sam but nothing of what we could have received. So much time wasted on both parts.

Pittsburghgirl the same went for our house as far as Friday and Monday nights; not only that but at the break I was counting the days, not now! You know I don't say that I am not going to watch the show when it does return out of spite and anger, I say it out of complete exhaustion and disappointment.
                  The Ori are a big bore. There must be intense wars or political manuvering with the minor Goa'uld lords, Jaffa coming into their own, technology abandoned on other worlds, decendants of Earth left floundering on their own without their 'god' and us struggling to establish our place in a position of power in the galaxy.
                  Lots of stories to address, all of which would involve our original team. But no we get King Arthur rehash and not a good one at that.
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Atlantis is getting better and better...it's like a chairlift at a skiing resort...season four of SG1 was like the middle of the ski-run...fast, exciting and *cough* slippery...(lol). Season nine's like the bottom of the run where it's all soggy and where most of the injuries occur...and the penguins can't tobogan at that bit so they're not happy either...me? standing in the chairlift queue for Atlantis...but I may decide not to go round again and may go buy some ice skates and go skating instead...much nicer and a greater chance of seeing RDA

ignore this...
                    sigpic

Comment

Season nine starts tomorrow night in Canada. I have watched some of the episodes on a computer screen (sorry, I know we are not supposed to mention other ways of getting Stargate but...) I have a feeling that the episodes on my big screen will just be 100 times worse. I can't believe how excited I was at the beginning of every other season. Counting the hours, making sure the VCR was set up...now , nothing. I feel like there is a huge hole in my life where Stargate used to be.

Comment

(((Stargate7777)))

I get more eager about watching Malcolm in the Middle or some british comedies than I do about SG1...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                          Season nine starts tomorrow night in Canada. I have watched some of the episodes on a computer screen (sorry, I know we are not supposed to mention other ways of getting Stargate but...) I have a feeling that the episodes on my big screen will just be 100 times worse. I can't believe how excited I was at the beginning of every other season. Counting the hours, making sure the VCR was set up...now , nothing. I feel like there is a huge hole in my life where Stargate used to be.
                          I'm with you all. I feel really sad that I no longer get excited about my favourite show. Now I worry about what TPTB are going to mess up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                            Please write them and let them know how you feel. If you don't they will never know how upset some of the fans are about S9! You got nothing to lose.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just a quick plug...We've got some good shippy stories at Intel now

you can read the newest stories at http://www.stargate-intel.net/fanfic...-bin/index.php

or

you can access the archive at http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

lots of S/J goodness btw
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                I didn't answer the phone and totally ignored everyone else in the house on that sacred Friday night. Now it's 'Oh is it Friday? Let's do some thing fun.' Watching SG season 9 is like puting sharp sticks in my eyes (perhaps I exagerate but not much).
                                Hey Zoser, long time no post!

We all pretty much feel the same way you do. Between, the poor writing, lack of RDA and no ship, season 9 has been a snoozer. I wonder how much fighting and compromising took place just to get the
                                Spoiler:
                                "not exactly" line.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X