X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/593f0927.jpg
    Sam: Sir, I have to know the truth, is your fishing pole a standard size pole?
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...acrifices1.jpg
    Jack: What do you think?
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/js2.jpg
    [img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/moeb31.jpg
    Sam: I think you're happy to see me!
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/3.jpg
    Jack: I'm getting too old for this!
    Sam: Come here and let me make it up to you!
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...i/NDVD_156.jpg
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
      What?! What?!!! There's a 1000 post hug? How did I miss that? Is it too late for a turn?
      No, not too late, but watch out for LOL4JACK!! She'll knock you over to get that hug!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        Add Jonas to this pic and I'm there. Without him, sorry. I have to draw the line somewhere, and I'm tired of seeing him excluded when he was a part of SG1. As far as I'm concerned, any team picture without him is incomplete. He's definitely preferable to the walking ego with glasses. <snark>

Nothing against you, suekay, but this is a sore spot for me and I'm feeling cranky tonight.

You are completely right Buc ..Jonas is part of SG1 and was a pretty damn good character

When you think that there is a pic of Atlantis with all the new guys and even Ronon (he is hot by the way ) who just turned up ..We surely could find a pic of SG1 with Jonas in After all, he is still alive and is still working in connextion to SG1 on that planet...Would love to see him again but TPTB Stargate and continuity don't live in the same house. It's pretty awfull really that they can't re-visit Jonas in season 9 or 10 ..I mean he was an established character and very interesting .

Shame Tptb can't be a bit more sensitive when it comes to the fans

and I don't think much of cameron so far ..Vala is over the top . She needs to calm down and think about something else than Sex . Teal'c needs to shout and Say "Hello , I'm here " . The new doc looks really nice but I haven't seen much of her ..Can't say more ..I will wait until Sam returns , will watch 2 or 3 episodes with Sam and according to how they handle Her , I will either carry on watching or stop .I reckon .....it will be more "Stop" than anything else and I'm looking forward to watch that new show "Threshold " instead

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 08 November 2005, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          STARGATE7777 your idea on approaching TPTB is 1000% correct.It's time to let TPTB know exactly what will happen if Shippers do not get there Sam and Jack Ship.IMO It's time to stop being patient and it's time to stop watching the Show no matter what happens.TPTB have taken advantage of the Shippers Loyalty for 9 Years and I for one will not watch Stargate again until I get what I want.Being Loyal and understanding Shippers has gotten us nothing.We watched the episodes and bought the DVD's.It's time to get a return on our investment.

You 're right ses ..All Sam and Jack shippers should stop watching or we may never get our Sam and Jack resolution ..I think it's the only way that we can get what we want at this stage of the show ..It won't happen otherwise !!! Shame

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            well, a good friend suggested i 'don't' make a new thread for this message. she said to just tell other shippers in other threads (threads that are ship-themed i guess).

well, guys, i don't know any other ship threads. i only play here and on the sam thread. so, would anyone tell other shippers on other threads about writing? just tell them our idea (without showing the example letter). what do you guys say?

(i'll tell whatever shippers i can find on the sam thread and pass along the message)

sally

I don't know how many Sam and Jack shippers there are in the whole world and how much they are dedicated to the couple ....and although letters may work !!!! only if when we say we will stop watching ..we actually do it ... and I'm not too sure ..Humm!!!

........but I think the best is to just stop watching NOW.
            If all shippers stop watching NOW then obviously , ( When I mean not watching , I mean not taping either ), it should make a drop in the ratings ..then through the letters , they will know whose fans lost interest ...and you can always watch the episode another way if you are really desesperate to watch it . Easy

If shippers do that ...then there is a really big big chance we'll get what we want ...but TPTB won't give it to us otherwise . ...not those TPTB because they are really vicious and we need to be vicious too That's all

Who is prepared to stop watching SG1 NOW and not come back to it after Christmas ?!!!

I'm without a doubt as I lost interest and feel very sad about Teal'c actually

Caty
            Last edited by Catysg1; 08 November 2005, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Buc - sorry the invite wasn't to your taste...obviously three hours of work wasn't enough. </snark>

I chose the most up-to-date piccies I could, and I couldn't find one with both MS and CN...I had a decision to make

If you don't like it...don't come along

sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Buc - sorry the invite wasn't to your taste...obviously three hours of work wasn't enough. </snark>

I chose the most up-to-date piccies I could, and I couldn't find one with both MS and CN...I had a decision to make

If you don't like it...don't come along

(((Suekay)))) You could always add Jonas to the pic !!! will make the Jonas fans happy too It's possible to do but it's your choice and you did very well to spend so much time on that invite more than I spend on SG1 artwork myself those days !!

Caty

Comment

You know what is funny in an odd way? Why is it when we shippers ask for more RDA appearances for more Jack and Sam, we are told that the show will never be "The Jack and Sam Hour"; but when the Daniel fans wanted Daniel back, they were NOT told that the show will never be "The Daniel Jackson Hour" even though I kind of think that that is exactly what it is now.

Like you and many others Ses, I can not watch Atlantis because if I am not satisfied with the original show that these writers write for why should I watch (and put more money in their pockets) another of their shows. For me the initial attraction to this show was and still is RDA, but these guys have even managed to screw up his appearances. His couple of appearances in Season 9 have been a total waste of his time as well as mine.

I know writing the letters may not give us shippers what we want, but it is hard to sit here idly when I honestly consider right now our last chance at getting a proper resolution. I kind of feel like TPTB are thinking the more time they can put in between RDA appearances and any Sam and Jack ship will make us forget about them and be hooked on the new and improved characters and I honestly don't want to be played like that. For them this is all business, for us it used to be quality time spent but not anymore. Even here on this thread things are changing, there is probably half the traffic now than it used to be and how many times can you go back to your "favorite.....what 6 big Jack and Sam moments" of eight years? (how sad). As it is now Caty I don't even watch the show; I did tape the episodes with Jack in them but after listening to you guys, I never watched them and have since deleted them, I also watched a couple of episodes with Sam in them but I don't know, I did get the impression that they don't know what to do with her character and I have to say I wasn't too surprised about their offer of Atlantis/SG-1 crossover. I think TPTB are writing Sam and Teal'c like two old blankets, you need them when you need warmth and comfort but then you just pack them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    I don't know how many Sam and Jack shippers there are in the whole world and how much they are dedicated to the couple ....and although letters may work !!!! only if when we say we will stop watching ..we actually do it ... and I'm not too sure ..Humm!!!

If all shippers stop watching NOW then obviously , ( When I mean not watching , I mean not taping either ), it should make a drop in the ratings ..then through the letters , they will know whose fans lost interest ...and you can always watch the episode another way if you are really desesperate to watch it . Easy

If shippers do that ...then there is a really big big chance we'll get what we want ...but TPTB won't give it to us otherwise . ...not those TPTB because they are really vicious and we need to be vicious too That's all

Who is prepared to stop watching SG1 NOW and not come back to it after Christmas ?!!!

Caty
                    i'm already not watching-and friday nite was sacred in my house-you did not do anything in the room in which mother was taping -it was the same for monday nite-not anymore.
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      You know what is funny in an odd way? Why is it when we shippers ask for more RDA appearances for more Jack and Sam, we are told that the show will never be "The Jack and Sam Hour"; but when the Daniel fans wanted Daniel back, they were NOT told that the show will never be "The Daniel Jackson Hour" even though I kind of think that that is exactly what it is now.

Like you and many others Ses, I can not watch Atlantis because if I am not satisfied with the original show that these writers write for why should I watch (and put more money in their pockets) another of their shows. For me the initial attraction to this show was and still is RDA, but these guys have even managed to screw up his appearances. His couple of appearances in Season 9 have been a total waste of his time as well as mine.

I know writing the letters may not give us shippers what we want, but it is hard to sit here idly when I honestly consider right now our last chance at getting a proper resolution. I kind of feel like TPTB are thinking the more time they can put in between RDA appearances and any Sam and Jack ship will make us forget about them and be hooked on the new and improved characters and I honestly don't want to be played like that. For them this is all business, for us it used to be quality time spent but not anymore. Even here on this thread things are changing, there is probably half the traffic now than it used to be and how many times can you go back to your "favorite.....what 6 big Jack and Sam moments" of eight years? (how sad). As it is now Caty I don't even watch the show; I did tape the episodes with Jack in them but after listening to you guys, I never watched them and have since deleted them, I also watched a couple of episodes with Sam in them but I don't know, I did get the impression that they don't know what to do with her character and I have to say I wasn't too surprised about their offer of Atlantis/SG-1 crossover. I think TPTB are writing Sam and Teal'c like two old blankets, you need them when you need warmth and comfort but then you just pack them away.

It's true Nickatell because what I saw so far up to "The tie that bound it's the Daniel/Vala show

and feel sorry for Teal'c to be in the back ground ..really

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        i'm already not watching-and friday nite was sacred in my house-you did not do anything in the room in which mother was taping -it was the same for monday nite-not anymore.

You know in the UK , the episode is repeated like 3 or 4 trimes during the week ..Until last year I used to watch the first showing but now I get the last one and even I'm not even keen to sit down and watch it ..I have to force myself to do it with my hubby

I didn't really like what I saw so far I will wait until Sam comes back next week , will watch a couple on the last showing if I have the enthusiasm ..but after that I think I will pack up and forget about the show as I have read that Sam has not much to do in the forecoming episodes ..Still I want to make my own opinion and then it will be good bye

and I will start watching a new show called "Threshhold" instead

Caty

Comment

Nickatell-you have hit the nail right on the head. They lost control of the show-taken leave of their senses-are 3 bricks shy of load-3 fries short of a happy meal...you get the idea.

you know-we get that the Ori are "evil"-did they have to show
                          Spoiler:
                          Harrid and Sallis being burned at the stake to make their point?

We know that Vala is the hooker with the heart of gold-I get that too

what I don't get is why they are kicking to the curb the shows history-if they wanted to pretend it doesn't happen or even ignore the last 8 years-they should have changed the name and went on-instead they are acting like they have split personalities and can't seem to tell if they are coming, going or gone.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            Nickatell-you have hit the nail right on the head. They lost control of the show-taken leave of their senses-are 3 bricks shy of load-3 fries short of a happy meal...you get the idea.

you know-we get that the Ori are "evil"-did they have to show
                            Spoiler:
                            Harrid and Sallis being burned at the stake to make their point?

We know that Vala is the hooker with the heart of gold-I get that too

what I don't get is why they are kicking to the curb the shows history-if they wanted to pretend it doesn't happen or even ignore the last 8 years-they should have changed the name and went on-instead they are acting like they have split personalities and can't seem to tell if they are coming, going or gone.

They surely have lost control of their show if they don't know what to do with Sam ..and as they killed Jacob it's even worth

What was the point of killing Jacob then ??!! I thought Jacob dying was so that Sam and Jack got closer ...right !!!! and now Jacob is dead and we do not know if Sam is with Jack because she says nothing about him !!! really , really weird!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Caty
                              Already done. Told my son to delete the timer for SG-1. It was just taking up space on my DVR.

For anyone else who is brave enough to watch it, here is a necessary tool for your survival:

Once again, thank Buc for the original Sam/Jack remote picture.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

There is an article on Gateworld where RC is saying that the "Ori" has taken the show to new heights; are they kidding? Each and every season they say that new and spectacular things will be happening; then you watch and I find myself searching for the new and spectacular and I walk away feeling mislead and frustrated.

What really fries me is they had all of Season 8 with plenty of RDA, and although there may have been a couple, and I use that word loosely, episodes that were okay and yes we did get Jack and Sam but nothing of what we could have received. So much time wasted on both parts.

Pittsburghgirl the same went for our house as far as Friday and Monday nights; not only that but at the break I was counting the days, not now! You know I don't say that I am not going to watch the show when it does return out of spite and anger, I say it out of complete exhaustion and disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X