• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo 300 posts!
    Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
    LOVE HIM-> DT
    ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Just helping Sam and Jack to stay on top!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Uber, if you read this; can i c/p your letter on the sam/jack yahoo group? i'm going to pitch the idea to them about writing (god help me) to see if anyone wants to take up the idea. but i'd like to use your letter as an example. and if i can, would you email it to me at [email protected] ?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

We really do need to post more...I mean I remember we used to have 1000 posts every 4 - 5 days...now it's more like 200 every 4 - 5 days...

how about a trip down memory lane? we all start at CotG and work our way through the eps!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Uber, if you read this; can i c/p your letter on the sam/jack yahoo group? i'm going to pitch the idea to them about writing (god help me) to see if anyone wants to take up the idea. but i'd like to use your letter as an example. and if i can, would you email it to me at [email protected] ?

sally
            Sure thing and will do.

I think if we angle the attitude of the letters to be focused on what's best for the show, the arcs, the characters and TPTB rather than simply on the fact that we REALLY want to see it because "they're meant for each other," the message might be received with a slightly more open mind.

Especially if they see that they can turn a perceived negative into a positive, be true to the characters and arcs they established and look good in the eyes of the fans. Plus at this point, because Jack is no longer around full time, whether or not Jack and she are in a relationship has no bearing on either the show or the team...so they have no reason not to follow through.

Ship is canon...let's encourage them to give us our reward and see some great shippy moments whenever RDA visits. Or even better...have him come in for a day and film a ton of scenes with Amanda...then spread them out throughout the year.

Because the fact is, if they ignore ship...truly, everyone loses...from TPTB to Sam to the fans because they will have negated the value of the arc they focused on for two years straight as Sam devolves into an all work/all the time two dimensional character and we will have missed out on something special.
            Last edited by Uber; 05 November 2005, 03:57 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Majorsal you are brave and I commend you. The more shippers writing the letters the better our chances of something happening. Sugarshaker I also wrote a couple of letters back then and felt the same as you do; but if we don't take a last stab at voicing what we want to happen, I'm afraid Jack and Sam will be a thing of the past. Majorsal, I also think that we should send letters to RDA asking him nicely if he could see fit to doing one or two more episodes for us. If someone could post his address again I would appreciate it. Now obviously none of us will really know who is going to send letters and who isn't so it will be an on your honor type of thing; but consider this if we do nothing, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Comment

I was listening to my friends commentaries from Season 7 Heroes Part two when Jack and Sam hug and RC can be heard saying (I don't remember exactly what he said word for word so I am pariphrasing) that when two people work as closely as these two they either develop a strong hatred or a strong bond (or love, not sure) and with these two it is a strong bond, but it will never be the Jack and Sam hour with Jack coming home from work and tripping over the ottoman and Sam coming out of the kitchen because that is not what this show is all about. As much as I know I don't think anyone of us has every asked for what he is implying. Also, when Jack and Sam are in the engine room in Lost City we were told that there was suppose to be a kiss there but since there was another season ordered that the kiss was dropped; so how come when they supposedly wrapped up the relationship with either Threads or Moebius 2 we still didn't get our kiss? Sometimes I am just not sure they realize what we are really asking for as dumb as that sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                  Majorsal you are brave and I commend you. The more shippers writing the letters the better our chances of something happening. Sugarshaker I also wrote a couple of letters back then and felt the same as you do; but if we don't take a last stab at voicing what we want to happen, I'm afraid Jack and Sam will be a thing of the past. Majorsal, I also think that we should send letters to RDA asking him nicely if he could see fit to doing one or two more episodes for us. If someone could post his address again I would appreciate it. Now obviously none of us will really know who is going to send letters and who isn't so it will be an on your honor type of thing; but consider this if we do nothing, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
                  I would certainly write. We need to let the TPTB know how we feel and that we're still here waiting. And you read my mind about writing RDA. I think that would be a great idea, after all he is a shipper.
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Well said Uber, applause, applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[email protected] or send letter to SCI FI MAGAZINE-128 BAYER ROAD, HEDGESVILLE, WV 25427.. Also send comments and questions to [email protected].
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        Don't know if these are all the relevant parties, but it's a start. (Thanks to Melyanna for the list.)

Stargate Productions
                        2400 Boundary Road
                        Burnaby, B.C.
                        V5M 3Z3
                        Canada

The Sci-Fi Channel
                        Attn: Bonnie Hammer, President
                        30 Rockefeller Plaza
                        New York, NY 10112

The Sci-Fi Channel
                        Attn: Mr. Dave Howe, General Manager
                        30 Rockefeller Plaza
                        New York, NY 10112
                        Viewer comment line: (212) 413-5000
                        Fax: (212) 413-6531
                        Here's more
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Shippers, Time to play with Sam and Jack!!!! Episode "2010" the way it should have been written......

Sam's come to her senses. Her husband *cough* has betrayed her trust and the world is doomed by his and others' secret pact with the Aschen. Sam leaves him and seeks out Jack at his cabin. She knows that he is very important to her and he can help save the Earth by undertaking a daring mission to change the timeline. Jack, however, is feeling defensive, after all Sam did not believe his prediction about the Aschen and she married Ambassador . Jack was hurt; his heart was broken. Whatever could Sam say to win Jack back? C'mon, ya know he wants her. But, what can she say?

**thanks galaxy for the cap**
                          Sam: I screwed up. I need you.
                          Jack: C'mere.

Just sayin', intriguing.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Sure thing and will do.

I think if we angle the attitude of the letters to be focused on what's best for the show, the arcs, the characters and TPTB rather than simply on the fact that we REALLY want to see it because "they're meant for each other," the message might be received with a slightly more open mind.

Especially if they see that they can turn a perceived negative into a positive, be true to the characters and arcs they established and look good in the eyes of the fans. Plus at this point, because Jack is no longer around full time, whether or not Jack and she are in a relationship has no bearing on either the show or the team...so they have no reason not to follow through.

Ship is canon...let's encourage them to give us our reward and see some great shippy moments whenever RDA visits. Or even better...have him come in for a day and film a ton of scenes with Amanda...then spread them out throughout the year.

Because the fact is, if they ignore ship...truly, everyone loses...from TPTB to Sam to the fans because they will have negated the value of the arc they focused on for two years straight as Sam devolves into an all work/all the time two dimensional character and we will have missed out on something special.

well, i'll ask the sam/jack yahoo group (bet i won't get one minute out of the gate with this before someone will turn it into an argument ). but i'm going to try and i'm going to send along your letter as an example.

BUT, i want to add addresses for ppl to send the letters to. i have scifi's and mgms and robert c coopers, but i don't have sony's. so, if anyone can tell me what sony's address is, i'll finally submit that post to the s/j list.

sally

ps - i think i'll also send along your above post (if that's alright) to be another guide. is that alright?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Just a thought. No matter how excellently, persuasively, and logically a letter is put together, if it is more than a paragraph or two long, I'd bet any PTB would be disinclined to keep on reading and get to the important parts. So, if possible try to be upfront at the beginning and keep it as short as possible. This makes it harder to be diplomatic, I suppose, but I just feel short would work better with them. Feel free to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                Sam: I screwed up. I need you.
                                Jack: C'mere.

Just sayin', intriguing.
                                Yeah, that's all it would take.
                                sig by PM

Comment

Working...
                                X