Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday, Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)! So...you're officially legal. Take this opportunity to go out into the world and cause some havoc. Just kidding. Hope you have a great day and you make a wish that comes true. Feel free to stop by Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons . On that thread, we definitely think Sam rules. There are some great people there: kind, talented and very sweet. Our motto is: Hic Comitas Regit, meaning kindness reigns here. Have a great day!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi

So proud and good looking in dress blues!
      Arent they always!!!!!!!!!!!!!((I meatn that in a good way)) *sigh* Any more pics?
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        Well I am on the fence as to whether to even continue watching season 9. I can't believe the are reducing Sam's role in favor of Vala. It stinks the way AT was treated concerning the matter. It makes we wonder if this has been in the planning stages since the beginning of the Season 8 filming. Both CJ and MS were pushing PU at the Dallas Con. Why would CJ push a ep he had no part in if TPTB didn't tell him to do so. They were setting us up for Vala.

It very hard to watch my favorite show go down the drain. It is even hard for me to watch the old eps knowing what is happening now to the team.

Jack didn't even get a proper send off and we still don't officially know what he is doing.
        Daniel has turned into someone we don't even recognize.
        Teal'c just blends into the background unless he has Jaffa business
        Sam has been reduced to a reoccuring role because they have no storylines for her. How about putting her back in command of SG-1 where she belongs?

I can't imagine what type of send off they will have for Sam if she decides not to sign.

I never liked that statement Sam made about the reproductive organs, but it seems there is alot of truth to that statement at Bridge Studios right now.
        Everone seems to be freaking out about season 10.
        I think that having Sam on both shows (SG-1 and Atlantis) would serve to enhance her character, not deter from it.
        C'mon, McKay may be smart, but he's just not an artist like Sam.
        Also, wouldn't it just piss Daniel off if Sam got to go and he didn't???
        There's ALOT of potenial with her being on both series.

waterfall's predictions for season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis:

Earth recieves more ass-kicking from the Ori and their followers and Atlantis gets the same from the Wraith.
        Discovered in Atlantis is a ZPM factory but McKay just can't get the formula right and almost blows up the city. Sam Carter is needed in Atlantis to figure out the problem and they are able to make several ZPM's.There will be a few shows dealing with natives to get the supplies needed to make the ZPM's and avoiding the Wraith in the process.
        Meanwhile Earth is still getting the ass-kicking of a lifetime by the Ori, Garek and his followers and a few Goa'uld. O'Neill has an epiphany about Atlantis and figures it flew to the Pegasus galaxy, why can't it fly home?? It's technology and weapons are needed in the fight.
        Carter and McKay work on the engines and are able to get them working again.
        Enter Stargate: the second movie about Atlantis coming home.

whadd'ya think??

Oh, and of course Mckay tries hitting on Carter and she'll just give him the "I'm not exactly single" line. and if AT decides not to stay on Stargate she could be written off as being in DC making babies with Jack.

waterfall

Comment

Spotted this in Joe M's latest blog. I think he realises it's caused quite a stir (he got 402 responses to his previous blog):

4. I'm not involved in the contract negotiations and so have no say in who is being offered what and when (If I did, I would have been asked to return for the show's 10th season by now). However, I do know that all members of the cast have made known their desire to return for a 10th season. Now, its just a matter of working out a deal that is amenable to all concerned. Hopefully, that will happen sooner than later.

5. Finally - I've always felt that Amanda has one of the toughest jobs on the show as she's the one usually relied upon to deliver reams of scientific exposition - and sound believable doing so. She does and - she does. Its a tough task, but she's done it time and again. So much so that we almost take it for granted she'll do an excellent job as we script those dense, chock full o' technobabble soliloquies. Like the characters of Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, and Mitchell, Samantha Carter brings more to the show than a mere area of specialty - so its ridiculous to suggest "we wouldn't know what to do with her character". HOWEVER, taken in the general sense, such a statement could apply to season 10 (the overall arc, the individual character storylines) because we can't really start work on season 10 until: a) our deals are in place so that we can begin spinning, b) the actors' deals are in place so that we know for certain who we are writing for. We're still in the preliminary planning stages, so before everybody gets bent out of shape regarding any proposed changes, be aware that, at this point, nothing is written in stone.

6. Oh, and - I've read the comments and concerns being circulating and, while I want to reiterate that nothing has been firmly decided re: season 10, I'm also going to come out an make a potentially heretical statement. As a fan of Samantha Carter and Amanda Tapping, I would be thrilled at the prospect of seeing her do some cross-over into Atlantis. There's no reason why she still couldn't travel off-world with the team (same old, same old), AND put in some appearances in the Pegasus galaxy as well (like she did in the upcoming Grace Under Pressure). If you stop to think for a moment - there were episodes (as evidenced by this season in which we had to service a number of new elements including the introduction of a new villain, a new team member, a new General, a new CMO, and an ongoing Jaffa storyline) in which the Carter character played a significantly smaller supporting role (and, of course, there were episodes in which she was in the thick of the action, like Horsemen I and II, Ripple Effect, and Camelot to name a few). So what if, rather than having Carter play the supporting role in a particular SG-1 episode, she were to, instead, play a more decisive role in an Atlantis story? We're not talking about minimizing Carter, but quite literally making the most of her character across two universes (and I dont' mean that literally). In fact, fans of the character would actually be getting more front-and-center Carter, not less. Again, nothing has been decided and when all is said and done this could be much ado about nothing but, personally, I think that, given the chance, it would be a shame not to make full use of the character's potential.
          The comments about his position are interesting too! If we've decided not to talk about this any more, just ignore this post.
          always and forever
          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
            Everone seems to be freaking out about season 10.
            I think that having Sam on both shows (SG-1 and Atlantis) would serve to enhance her character, not deter from it.
            C'mon, McKay may be smart, but he's just not an artist like Sam.
            Also, wouldn't it just piss Daniel off if Sam got to go and he didn't???
            There's ALOT of potenial with her being on both series.

waterfall's predictions for season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis:

Earth recieves more ass-kicking from the Ori and their followers and Atlantis gets the same from the Wraith.
            Discovered in Atlantis is a ZPM factory but McKay just can't get the formula right and almost blows up the city. Sam Carter is needed in Atlantis to figure out the problem and they are able to make several ZPM's.There will be a few shows dealing with natives to get the supplies needed to make the ZPM's and avoiding the Wraith in the process.
            Meanwhile Earth is still getting the ass-kicking of a lifetime by the Ori, Garek and his followers and a few Goa'uld. O'Neill has an epiphany about Atlantis and figures it flew to the Pegasus galaxy, why can't it fly home?? It's technology and weapons are needed in the fight.
            Carter and McKay work on the engines and are able to get them working again.
            Enter Stargate: the second movie about Atlantis coming home.

whadd'ya think??

Oh, and of course Mckay tries hitting on Carter and she'll just give him the "I'm not exactly single" line. and if AT decides not to stay on Stargate she could be written off as being in DC making babies with Jack.

waterfall
            Interesting ideas, indeed.
            always and forever
            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

I've just read JM's blog too and thought this was interesting:

"I'm not involved in the contract negotiations and so have no say in who is being offered what and when (If I did, I would have been asked to return for the show's 10th season by now)"

That's not good!! I hope he does come back - he is the only one we get straight answers out of if we ask questions, even if it isn't what we want to hear sometimes.

Comment

OMG

I just went into my controls to try and change the time zone cos our clocks have gone back 1 hour over here (plunged us into darkness at 5pm grrr) and I have loads of messages from ppl under "latest reputation received!!" I didn't even know that was there!!

Some go back to August so am so sorry for ignoring ppl saying nice things to me - I just didn't know you were

So sorry sorry sorry again

Comment

Hey all!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerin - lucky us in the UK are legal from 18...and I'm 18 in less than two weeks!!! yay!!!!!!!

I like JM, but I'm not going to read anything from his blog (unless it's icecream related ) why? because it seems pretty obvious to me that RC is the only one pulling the strings...

Buc252 - completely agree with you...Beau is the big name...not BB and CB
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hi, i hope you don't mind but i've just been over to www.amandatapping.com and Amanda herself has left a message on the front page, it's put the smile back on my face!
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Sheena
                      I've just read JM's blog too and thought this was interesting:

"I'm not involved in the contract negotiations and so have no say in who is being offered what and when (If I did, I would have been asked to return for the show's 10th season by now)"

That's not good!! I hope he does come back - he is the only one we get straight answers out of if we ask questions, even if it isn't what we want to hear sometimes.
                      That's not good at all.... hopefully he's just saying that jokingly....

Originally posted by tara3583
                      Hi, i hope you don't mind but i've just been over to www.amandatapping.com and Amanda herself has left a message on the front page, it's put the smile back on my face!

Aww, yeah that's put the smile back on my face too! Hmm...just in time for SG1 tonight!
                      Last edited by shelsfc; 01 November 2005, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                        That's not necessarily why I'm against it.

1. How likely is it that Sam (a character with gigantic presence) can be integrated into Atlantis without it being at the expense of any of the actors & characters now on Atlantis? That's not fair to either side.

2. For me, McKay is only likable when he's not interacting with Carter. I don't really want to bring that dynamic to Atlantis.

3. Isn't Sam already far enough away from Jack without sending her to another galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                          Thanks for passing the message
                          Yes, it makes me smile because one more time, I can see that Amanda is an amazing woman... BUT I'm still worried. Not because of Amanda's carrier (I always thought she was going to do that 10th season) but because of what it would mean for SGA. I've already said it, I don't want Sam in SGA.
                          Why ? Probably for the same reasons parsifal has just told, especially the 1st one.
                          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Well...I'm happy AT's happy...but...

I'm VERY worried about Atlantis.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is a direct quote from Amanda's Site. Her exact words.

"HI Everyone;

I just wanted to say how great it was to meet those of you who were able to attend GABIT's event this past weekend. It was a fantastic event and I had a wonderful time.

The o*nly negative thing to come out of the weekend is a rumour that needs to be put to rest. First of all, I have every intention of returning to Stargate next year. No, my contract has not been signed, but I fully expect that it will be soon. Yes, I have been offered the possibility of working o*n both SG-1 and Atlantis. To what extent still remains to be seen, but I will be doing a total of 20 shows or a full season. Am I happy about it? You betcha! Yes I have been offered another series but I will participate in it o*nly if it they are willing to work around Stargate's schedule. Stargate starts as this series wraps up. If it can work, then great. If not, then I will not be doing the other series. Stargate is a wonderful series to work o*n and I have every intention of staying with it. I hope that this clears up any erroneous speculation.

Now back to GABIT. It was great! Thank you to everyone for your generosity. The gifts, the letters, the cards are so greatly appreciated. I hope you all had as wonderful a time as I did.

With much love,
                              Amanda"

This should answer all of your questions about Amanda/Sam in season 10.

Joanne

Comment

We've already read it, but thankies for posting it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X