Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought of this as a shippy moment, but it sure makes a good shippy picture:

(from Singularity)

Don't they make a lovely family?

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

how about this???

Sam and Jack...in the bushes...all alone...

actually they're hiding from Daniel...again
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Jack telling Sam he's going after Daniel in Evolution pt. 2:

They say so much without saying a word.

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
          Oh! Oh! Here's another one. I haven't seen this one in a long time, so I forget the exact words, but in The Tok'ra, Martouf wants to take Sam to the surface, and Jack puffs his chest out and acts all concerned about her safety and tells him to have her home by 11:00. I loved that scene! OK, this sounds weird but notice his lips in that scene - they're very full and sensuous. A lot of times he looks kind of thin-lipped to me, but in that scene, they're so lush and full and sensuous and oh - someone stop me!
          No, please continue. Let's see, you were describing Jack's lips.....!

Yes, I loved how he told Martouf to have her home by 11!!!
          sigpic

Comment

oh I know...the expressions say it all...like this...

lol!

sigpic

Comment

DON'T MESS WITH MY WOMAN!!!!

(From Into the Fire)

sigpic
              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

and now I gotta go!

more CotG memories tomorrow
                sigpic

Comment

I wish I didn't have to go. I've enjoyed our little posting party. Shippy hugs everyone!

sigpic
                  s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Just thought I'd draw your attention to this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=19045&page=4
                    Thanks, sueKay. Interesting!
                    sigpic

Comment

So proud and good looking in dress blues!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                        IMO, I really think it's NBC and the SCIFI channel doing all the changes. They see$$$$$$$ and want to make the most by selling toys, games,and bringing in big name actors like BB, CB and Beau Bridges. They think big names brings in the fans but they didn't do their homework on Stargate. Except for RDA (and maybe DD who did US TV) the rest of the crew was unknown and still is in most places in the US. However, BB,CB and Beau are big names here in the states so~~~~. If we don't start making a fuss, especially the US side of the fandom, ship is going to go down real fast!
                        Trupi, I hate that I'm disagreeing with you again, but . . . <g>

I don't truly think that BB and CB are the "big names" that the GWers think they are. The fact of the matter is, the average man or woman on the street has probably never heard of Farscape. Beau is a big name, no doubt about it. He has a lifetime's worth of feature motion pictures to his name. But Ben and Claudia aren't even names most people would recognize, in just the same way that Michael Shanks or Chris Judge aren't. A science fiction fan would know these names, but the average television viewer probably wouldn't. I mean, how many times have you heard somebody mention "Richard Dean Anderson" and the only thing that people come up with is "MacGyver." Nothing wrong with Mac, for certain, but because it's a cable TV show, and not in the "Sex in the City" level of fame, most people simply do not know what "Stargate" is.

I'd love to do a survey on the street and see how many people knew these performers. I think that's partially what undid MS's intentions when he left the show. Because he was popular on SG, he expected the world to be waiting to give him jobs and parts, when the fact of the matter is, even a starring roll on a cable show isn't necessarily a ticket to big-time fame and fortune. He found this out the hard way, and came back to the show (despite what I would have rather had <g>).
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Happy Halloween Sam

Ah-Thanks Sir!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good night shippers! Remember they are still fishing in our hearts!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              Trupi, I hate that I'm disagreeing with you again, but . . . <g>

I don't truly think that BB and CB are the "big names" that the GWers think they are. The fact of the matter is, the average man or woman on the street has probably never heard of Farscape. Beau is a big name, no doubt about it. He has a lifetime's worth of feature motion pictures to his name. But Ben and Claudia aren't even names most people would recognize, in just the same way that Michael Shanks or Chris Judge aren't. A science fiction fan would know these names, but the average television viewer probably wouldn't. I mean, how many times have you heard somebody mention "Richard Dean Anderson" and the only thing that people come up with is "MacGyver." Nothing wrong with Mac, for certain, but because it's a cable TV show, and not in the "Sex in the City" level of fame, most people simply do not know what "Stargate" is.

I'd love to do a survey on the street and see how many people knew these performers. I think that's partially what undid MS's intentions when he left the show. Because he was popular on SG, he expected the world to be waiting to give him jobs and parts, when the fact of the matter is, even a starring roll on a cable show isn't necessarily a ticket to big-time fame and fortune. He found this out the hard way, and came back to the show (despite what I would have rather had <g>).
                              Yep, I never heard of them before they were introduced on Stargate. I had heard of Farscape, but just from the commericals on Sci-fi. Beau Bridges is a big name, but I don't think people are going to tune in just because of him. It seems that TPTB are counting on the Farscape/BB/CB fan base to support them. But that won't last long with the poor writing and character development.

It is hard enough having to deal with the lose of RDA, but now we find out that AT may be reduced to a reoccuring role. IMO, the rating were decent the first part of season 9 because us SG-1 veterans have stuck around to see how it plays out. We suffered through the Daniel/Vala hour knowing that Sam would be back and the team would be together again. The team is together, but it still isn't the same. They seem to still be 4 individuals, a carry over from season 8. Jack was the glue that kept the team together.

I wished they had renamed the show, so when I finally decide to turn the channel I won't feel so guilty.
                              Last edited by Rogue; 01 November 2005, 02:04 AM.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

<snip>

It is hard enough having to deal with the lose of RDA, but now we find out that AT may be reduced to a reoccuring role. IMO, the rating were decent the first part of season 9 because us SG-1 veterans have stuck around to see how it plays out. We suffered through the Daniel/Vala hour knowing that Sam would be back and the team would be together again. The team is together, but it still isn't the same. They seem to still be 4 individuals, a carry over from season 8. Jack was the glue that kept the team together.

<snip>
                                I think you're absolutely right about Jack, and here's what I think the problem is - they never really started to develop the relationships between the other characters till a couple of years ago, when it became clear that Jack was going to be in it less. From day one, we saw the relationship between Jack & Daniel, Jack & Teal'c and of course, Jack & Sam, but we didn't see very much of the relationships between the other three until S6 IMHO. I think if they had spent more time developing those relationships in the earlier seasons, the show might have much more of a 'team' feel to it now. But then we might never have gotten any ship....

Comment

Working...
                                X