This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    Hi Terrah, report from Gabit came in and AT said that she was suprised to hear that CJ, MS, CB and BB had been approached already to be part of S10 but not her... so she went to Rob Cooper to ask him what was happening and he said that they where not sure what to do with Sam's character...
    . . . and that it's likely that they'll split her 20 episodes between SG1 and Atlantis.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      I don't *entirely* agree, Trupi, but I definitely see where you're coming from. It's not up to us how it turns out, but if it turns out badly and we took no action, we adopt partial responsibility for not speaking out. If we speak out, and go unheard, *then* we have every right to complain. It's like voting: if you don't vote, you have no right to moan about the results.

Okay, so I'm wordier. <g> But you know what I mean.
      Mary, isn't what you said what I mean?
      Last edited by trupi; 30 October 2005, 08:03 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

It just seems like they're so completely ignoring everything we've been waiting for so long, just when it finally started getting good. A reference here and there won't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          To all of you

Sam Power !

Caty
          Great pic Caty! Sam Power rocks.

Disgraceful that tptb don't see that - and that their lame attempts at ship in S7&8 have caused the problems. I think we should send Sam with the hand device along with the penguins. Then TPTB might just see what a strong character they have in Sam.

IMO this bodes badly for the ship too. If AT doesn't re-sign for S10 (who could blame her for moving on now?), then "Not exactly" is going to be it. S9 is already done and dusted, and somehow I don't think they'd get either RDA or AT back for extra shots.

In the light of the revelations this weekend, its not hard to see why JM might walk away and do something else. And I'm positive a lot of the fans will too. I find it incredibly disappointing that tptb have so completely lost touch with the show that has been so fantastic for so many years. First , then Jack's leaving not being dealt with at all, now this "we're not sure what to do with Sam next season". Not to mention Vala as a regular. If they don't give her an actual character instead of just innuendo, that's a terrible injustice to the show and CB. Just one blow after another.

And to think I was so optimistic that we would get our shippy ending.

Sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said - I'm still 3 pages behind
          Last edited by Oma-1; 31 October 2005, 01:07 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Well...I have no hope for anymore S/J ship...so I have a suggestion...

Why don't we turn this thread into a place to remember *our* SG1 *our* Sam and Jack...to look back to the first seasons and to just remember the good times...we HAVE to stick together to show TPTB that the ship community is as strong as ever
            Fantastic idea. Then we can call it our happy place again. Anyone fancy some shipper jello?

And a little reminder of what made SG-1 so great

sigpic

Comment

Hi Oma-How are you feeling? Pretty sad what's going on. I just don't know what they are thinking! I guess they are just money hungry.
              sigpic

Comment

O'Neill, the penguins have reached the rendevous point.

All ahead chaps! Ready to march?. Marching song "theta" I think.

"We're penguins marching off to war
                To give the powers that be what for
                How dare they treat Sam 'n' Jack like that
                Gonna to teach them to write better than that!"

Jack: Great, we're nearly ready. Radio when they're in position. You and Dad bring 'em in.
                Teal'c: Acknowledged.

Okay chaps, just awaiting the signal.

Teal'c: JacobCarter, the penguins are in position.
                Jacob: Good. Radio Jack. Let's get this show back on the road.

Jack: Is everyone ready?
                Sam: Yes Sir!
                Teal'c: Indeed.
                Daniel: All set here Jack.
                Jack: All units we are GO! GO! GO!

Sam: I have RCC & BW cornered Sir! Shall I proceed with stage 2?
                Jack: Good work Carter. Hold while I get status reports. T, Daniel, where are we?
                Teal'c: The penguins have the remaining powers that be under control O'Neill.
                Daniel: Cast & Crew are secured Jack.
                Jack: OK Carter, proceed.

So do we bother with demands for resolution of the ship, better kicka$$ storylines for Sam or do we just let her zap 'em with the hand device? :evil grin:
                sigpic

Comment

i cant believe how this season is turning out (season 9)... i wanted it so badly to be great, but i am agreeing with the majority... i am less than impressed...althought kudos to CB and AT... TPTB suck at this point in time concerning SG1... just my opinion
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Hi trupi. I'm fine. It's a shocker. I sincerely hope tptb come up with something a lot more tempting than "recurring character" in both series for Amanda. It's looking like we'll be holding the fort here with only past seasons to go on. I've lost a lot faith in tptb to show us anything else shippy now.

Still trying to be positive though. At least we got eight years of moments to draw on - and a
                    Spoiler:
                    fishing trip!
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy

Halloween
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

Jack: Great, we're nearly ready. Radio when they're in position. You and Dad bring 'em in.

Jack: Good work Carter. Hold while I get status reports. T, Daniel, where are we?

So do we bother with demands for resolution of the ship, better kicka$$ storylines for Sam or do we just let her zap 'em with the hand device? :evil grin:
                        OMG OMA! My kids are standing right behind me singing the "Battle Hyme of the Republic" and saluting the screen. That's the funniest, worth not putting url on!
                        sigpic

Comment

Gabit attendees reported that Amanda said that Sam belonged to Jack!!! Makes my day!!!
                          Happy Halloween!!! Gotta go to work!!! Sam and Jack Forever!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                            I don't *entirely* agree, Trupi, but I definitely see where you're coming from. It's not up to us how it turns out, but if it turns out badly and we took no action, we adopt partial responsibility for not speaking out. If we speak out, and go unheard, *then* we have every right to complain. It's like voting: if you don't vote, you have no right to moan about the results.

Okay, so I'm wordier. <g> But you know what I mean.
                            If the number of comments on Joe M's latest blog are anything to go by, then people are speaking out -232 comments,when I last checked with a large proportion of those re Amanda. If I remember correctly, his blog didn't actually mention it.

Although Joe seems to be more 'on our side' than the rest of them and as such doesn't deserve to be attacked personally, I hope he passes the message on that a lot of people are not happy.
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

IMO, I really think it's NBC and the SCIFI channel doing all the changes. They see$$$$$$$ and want to make the most by selling toys, games,and bringing in big name actors like BB, CB and Beau Bridges. They think big names brings in the fans but they didn't do their homework on Stargate. Except for RDA (and maybe DD who did US TV) the rest of the crew was unknown and still is in most places in the US. However, BB,CB and Beau are big names here in the states so~~~~. If we don't start making a fuss, especially the US side of the fandom, ship is going to go down real fast!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/tsethsmall.jpg[/IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...guinssmall.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...seth2small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...guinssmall.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...jsethsmall.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../sethsmall.jpg

http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/5...h2small9bu.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3088/sethsmall5ae.jpg

Oma-I love this so much. Made my day, it did. I really think TPTB should somehow see it.

(I would send you some green-if I knew how to.)
                                always and forever
                                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Working...
                                X