X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Good night everybody I'm off too and

Amanda power

still ....Sam power with Jack if possible !!!

Caty
    ((((Caty)))) You rock!!! I'm with you!! If Amanda goes to another series, I'll follow her, too!!! I am, however, sad that we may not get our Sam and Jack Ship!!! nell
    sigpic

Comment

Someone asked a few days ago what was the saddest moment in SG-1 and the answer is IMO the death of Sam/Jack characters and SG-1. Why would a franchise try to kill off two character who has brought a series success for 8 years? What are they proving and what is the purpose? They must be insane! Instead of going into movie mode they are drawing out a series which should have ended two years ago. Frankly, I never watch Farscape and I don't want to see BB and CB. I don't care if MS or CJ stay on the show for the next ten years. I turned into SG only to see RDA and then fell in love with how the team worked together. TOGETHER. Not one or two but the four put together. Then I fell for the Jack and Sam ship. ( It's not imagery, like some fans have said, it existed.) My children, husband and myself would watch SG-1 every Saturday at 12am on syndication, when we didn't have cable. My children stayed up, yes at the age of 11, 8 and 6, becaused they loved the show. It was part of the family! What do we have now-Half a team, two actors who are fine actors but who has no connection with the family,DD, PW and TR gone. Whats left, nothing we remembered or loved. Sad, real sad and what did TPTB prove, they can disappoint, lots of people.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        ((((Caty)))) You rock!!! I'm with you!! If Amanda goes to another series, I'll follow her, too!!! I am, however, sad that we may not get our Sam and Jack Ship!!! nell

On the contrary (((nell))) ..If Amanda decides to leave the show ..it may push TPTB to have a scene of Sam and Jack together to say bye bye to the others ...but I would not expect a kiss ...probably something a la JAG finale with the whole team around them ..probably even less cuddly as we haven't seen Sam and Jack on screen together for a while ...but still they could be standing next to each other and whatever ..show us that they are an item ....unless tptb decides to do the exit a la NCIS remember the Kate character when Sasha Alexander , the actress decided to leave the show just a few weeks ago

Caty

Comment

Well...I have no hope for anymore S/J ship...so I have a suggestion...

Why don't we turn this thread into a place to remember *our* SG1 *our* Sam and Jack...to look back to the first seasons and to just remember the good times...we HAVE to stick together to show TPTB that the ship community is as strong as ever
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

If TPTB wants the show to be remembered as one of the best show in history , like JAG , x-files is ..they'd better deliver the goods on the Sam and Jack for the end ...if they don't , they will loose .

I don't think shippers are asking for too much now ...I think all we can expect now is just a scene at SGC where the new team will be there ..Sam and Jack will be there too in dress blue ..probably to pass the torch ..Sam and Jack will both leave together ...I'm not even sure if TPTB can write Anything else as they are cowards ...

.....but if Amanda decides to quit ( HOPE SHE WILL , CROSS FINGERS ) , they should do a Sam and Jack scene at SGC at least in their dress blue and possibly make it clear they are an item . ..like holding hands may be or Jack rubbing Sam's back as she speaks and says good bye ..Whatever !!!! but something . ..

....I know it will never be as sexy as the JAG finale ...but a nice good bye would be great ..shame it was not at the end of season 8 though ...the perfect timing !!!

My hopes are very low but if they want to do the right thing , they should do that !!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Someone asked a few days ago what was the saddest moment in SG-1 and the answer is IMO the death of Sam/Jack characters and SG-1. Why would a franchise try to kill off two character who has brought a series success for 8 years? What are they proving and what is the purpose? They must be insane! Instead of going into movie mode they are drawing out a series which should have ended two years ago. Frankly, I never watch Farscape and I don't want to see BB and CB. I don't care if MS or CJ stay on the show for the next ten years. I turned into SG only to see RDA and then fell in love with how the team worked together. TOGETHER. Not one or two but the four put together. Then I fell for the Jack and Sam ship. ( It's not imagery, like some fans have said, it existed.) My children, husband and myself would watch SG-1 every Saturday at 12am on syndication, when we didn't have cable. My children stayed up, yes at the age of 11, 8 and 6, becaused they loved the show. It was part of the family! What do we have now-Half a team, two actors who are fine actors but who has no connection with the family,DD, PW and TR gone. Whats left, nothing we remembered or loved. Sad, real sad and what did TPTB prove, they can disappoint, lots of people.
              ((((trupi)))) You're right! This is the saddest if no hope of Sam and Jack Ship in any form!!! If things deteriorate any further as we are speculating with Amanda's departure as lead of SG-1, I agree that SG-1's series finale will have been Moebius2. That's the memory of the show that I will keep. The Team sharing a long awaited respite together at Jack's cabin after defeating the Goa'uld.
              sigpic

Comment

On the contrary (((nell))) ..If Amanda decides to leave the show ..it may push TPTB to have a scene of Sam and Jack together to say bye bye to the others ...but I would not expect a kiss ...probably something a la JAG finale with the whole team around them ..probably even less cuddly as we haven't seen Sam and Jack on screen together for a while ...but still they could be standing next to each other and whatever ..show us that they are an item ....unless tptb decides to do the exit a la NCIS remember the Kate character when Sasha Alexander , the actress decided to leave the show just a few weeks ago

Caty
                Caty that would be sweet if Jack could be on screen and directly, no matter how small the gesture, demonstrate that he and Sam are together. BTW, I still haven't watched NCIS!!!! I forget to tape it. I guess I've been a one-series gal but now out of necessity I may have to go where I've not gone before!!!! Another channel!!! Hee, hee!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Why don't we turn this thread into a place to remember *our* SG1 *our* Sam and Jack...to look back to the first seasons and to just remember the good times...we HAVE to stick together to show TPTB that the ship community is as strong as ever
                  As a matter of fact, sueKay, several of us have banded together to plan a Shippy celebration. We've been chatting since before the Amanda gabit news flash!! Now more than ever we need to pull together. More to be announced in the near future!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    ((((trupi)))) You're right! This is the saddest if no hope of Sam and Jack Ship in any form!!! If things deteriorate any further as we are speculating with Amanda's departure as lead of SG-1, I agree that SG-1's series finale will have been Moebius2. That's the memory of the show that I will keep. The Team sharing a long awaited respite together at Jack's cabin after defeating the Goa'uld.

Yes , and I will make a couple of manips with Sam and Jack kissing by the fish pond and stick them at the end of Mobieus 2

Caty

Comment

Yes , and I will make a couple of manips with Sam and Jack kissing by the fish pond and stick them at the end of Mobieus 2

Caty
                      Thanks, honey!!!

Hey, dipsofjazz, how was Gabit for you???!!! What other Shippers and Samandans did you meet?
                      sigpic

Comment

More bad news folks from the SG1-Solutions blog

Spoiler:
                        We already knew there were doubts over MS's return, but now...it's gotten worse...According to them, Claudia Black has signed on as a regular

I'm beginning to wish I never started watching this show...I got into this show because I trusted TPTB...I'd been badly burned by Voyager, and even up to the end of s8, this lot weren't as bad, but now they're just a bunch of F\/(K!|\|G A$$holes. They've obliterated a show that we loved...they've destroyed it and tarnished it...I can't sit down and watch one of the old eps, because I keep remembering what the show's become now, and I mean...everyone's RL's hard enough, but when even TV programs mutate into vile and hideous creatures, you've got to seriously wonder if it's all worth it. I'm beginning to regret spending money at cons and collectors fayres, and buying all the DVDs, videos, books and assorted memorabilia, and my website...TPTB have made at *least* £500 from me, and I've NOT GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH

I'm done...I'm finished...I can't stand this mediocre cr!p anymore. I could cry it's gotten so bad.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

More bad news folks from the SG1-Solutions blog

Spoiler:
                          We already knew there were doubts over MS's return, but now...it's gotten worse...According to them, Claudia Black has signed on as a regular

I'm beginning to wish I never started watching this show...I got into this show because I trusted TPTB...I'd been badly burned by Voyager, and even up to the end of s8, this lot weren't as bad, but now they're just a bunch of F\/(K!|\|G A$$holes. They've obliterated a show that we loved...they've destroyed it and tarnished it...I can't sit down and watch one of the old eps, because I keep remembering what the show's become now, and I mean...everyone's RL's hard enough, but when even TV programs mutate into vile and hideous creatures, you've got to seriously wonder if it's all worth it. I'm beginning to regret spending money at cons and collectors fayres, and buying all the DVDs, videos, books and assorted memorabilia, and my website...TPTB have made at *least* £500 from me, and I've NOT GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH

I'm done...I'm finished...I can't stand this mediocre cr!p anymore. I could cry it's gotten so bad.

Chill out Suekay Do like me ..breath in , breathe out ...Better !!!!!
                          Right .

I think it's important not to get the show gets to you ..Just watch something else for a while Suekay ..you 'll feel a lot better ..I did that and now ..I feel fine about SG1 ...if Sam and jack are on screen at the end ...great and it will be a proper ending to the show ...if not ..TPTB will loose and JAG, x-files would have been better shows at the end of it ..I really wonder if they want JAG and X-files to be remembered as better shows ( because of proper ending ..although for X-files ...50%).. ...I don't think so . ...therefore they'd better make sure RDA does an really nice cameo even if he costs them a lot of money to do it .....it 's all in the DVD sales afterwards and the reruns .

I won't be there to help any of those 2 if they don't end up the series with some Sam and Jack ship along the line .

On the other end , I don't care ..I will be sad for the characters in a way but I enjoy other great series too right now with Good ship ..so I'm alright .I'll be able to cope with it ...Shame though .

I hope TPTB will do the right thing by giving the fans a scene with Sam and Jack at SGC

Caty

Comment

re: Claudia Black

Listen I believe that she is a talented actress that has to deal with garbage. It isn't her fault that Vala is written the way she was and I wish that they would make better use of her talents. She and BB have been horribly mismanaged on that show-not to mention the rest of the cast-including those that have been a big part of the show from the very beginning.

I always felt that RDA and Gecco pulling out of Stargate totally was indicative of some really bad vibes and with what the word is out of GABIT and the mediocre season thus far-I am convinced that they not only jumped the shark-they shot it and are serving it for dinner.

I am willing-becuz I do have some residual affection for the show-to wait and see how season 9 plays out-but seriously folks, unless it blows me away-and not because I am trying to run away-this is my last season. Fan fic-both the kind I write and the kind I read will carry on.
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I like that idea. I think, that as a result of the lack of season 9 ship, we've been doing that already to a certain extent.

I still think that the majority of the first 8 seasons of Stargate SG1 are amongst the best TV I have ever seen and the sam/jack ship was at the centre of that.
                              always and forever
                              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                                Repeating my post from last Tuesday, guys! It's up to us how this turns out! If we remain quiet it's our fault, if we howl, at least we tried our best!
                                I don't *entirely* agree, Trupi, but I definitely see where you're coming from. It's not up to us how it turns out, but if it turns out badly and we took no action, we adopt partial responsibility for not speaking out. If we speak out, and go unheard, *then* we have every right to complain. It's like voting: if you don't vote, you have no right to moan about the results.

Okay, so I'm wordier. <g> But you know what I mean.
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X