X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1

Wow, that's really a scary collage.
    AT should play a role in a horror movie...now that she is jobless.
    Thanks Caty!!!

Comment

I completely out-raged by what their doing to AT and most people have said exactly what i feel about it. She spent so long on the show and dedicated so much to it and now their just treating her like dirt just because they don't have the capability to expand her character further.

Personally i think that sam is the best character on the show at the moment and they could do so much with her, like in the earlier seasons. IMO if they lose her, TPTB are going to lose a very large part of their audience and sg1 will end up getting cancelled.

Daniel and Teal'c (from the original cast) are not enough to keep the show going, they're charcters imo are just not interesting enough as i've seen the first three eps of season 9 and am greatly disappointed with them, i hope the rest of the season gets better after AT returns.

Well thats my opinion on the bad news but at least there was some good news to take away the 'bitter taste'. I love the fact that AT gave all those shipper-type comments at the auction and i think somebody else mentioned this before, but was the sam and jack wedding pic sold at the auction? and if so, how much did it go for?

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Yes galaxy ..the collage is very scary .Sam can be scary sometimes and I hope Amanda will scare TPTB big time Here is a copy of what I posted in the Sam's thread .

I have read the report on the Gabit ... Amanda and about her contract /SG1/SGA .I can't believe they said that they do not know what to do with Sam next year ..well I know ...make sure she goes on a well deserved holiday with the man of her choice

I feel very sorry for Amanda and I hope she will not sign for SG1 AND SGA ..TPTB is a disgrace to actually say that they don't know what to do about the character ..I feel like crying for Amanda as I find it disrespectul to not actually talk to her about it . Amanda doesn't need that bunch of * whatever you want to call them * .

Amanda please sign for your new series ..we will follow you wherever you go .I would love to see you in another show .

Please run fast from Stargate SG1 and SGA ..If TPTB wants Vala to be the one , then leave it to them ..As soon as you go from Stargate , I will go too ..I'm not interested in watching Vala and Daniel at all .

I promise I will watch until the end of season 9 because you are in there .

only FOR YOU Amanda

AMANDA POWER

Comment

spoilers for s7, s9, and current season of atlantis

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
          my GOD!!! i really dont come here any more( i am over on the Atlantis threads,) but the way that AT has been treated this year is quite appauling and i think that AT deserves better... i think that it should be her commanding SG! and i dont think that she belongs in ATlantis, they are their own show now..... i wonder what is gonna happen on atlantis in season 3 if sam is gonna be there.... *bottom lip trembles* aww i am getting all upset now *tear*
          i don't watch atlantis, but i would if sam/amanda went there. (might not be watching 'grace under pressure', though, because of the maybe sam-mckay ship aspects). but anyway...

even if i don't watch atlantis, i know enough that i can't see how sam would fit in WITHOUT HER PUSHING ANOTHER CHARACTER'S WORTH ASIDE. and seeing as i've seen how that goes this season (mitchell vrs sam, and vala vrs sam), i would NEVER want to put another preferred character through what has been going on for me.

so now i'm lost as to what i want to happen here. in this season alone, i've lost jack/rda, lost sj ship, had sam/other shown in 2 of the five eps sam's been in so far (and with the second half of 'fourth horseman still do, that leaves another sam/orlin ship ep to look forward too). i also know that martouf's coming back in 'ripple effect', and there's sam-mckay ship to be afraid of on the atlantis front.... and now i'm being told that my sole reason for staying with fargate -i mean stargate- is also going by the wind.... this is the most miserable fan experience i've ever been through, and the downfall actually started before season 7 even aired (started with a lovely **cough** amanda interview about how wonderful **gag** it was filming the bedroom/morning after scene for chimera). since then, it's been a slow fall from grace.

can it really get worse?

yep.

sally :/
          sally

sigpic

Comment

i think i've got spoilers for sg1 and atlantis, but i'm not sure what the heck i'm talking about anymore. so just be careful for future spoilers for both show. (proceed at your own risk)

Originally posted by galaxy
            Yeah, they treat her horribly!
            It seems like they don't know what to do with her character since Jack is gone and I hate that.
            That's exactly what AT was afraid of: that Sam is just an addition to Jack and not a character of her own.
            We know that this is not true. Sam is an awesome character!
            Maybe the most interesting in the whole show and as much as I'm a shipper: her role works with our without Jack!
            It's a shame that TPTB don't seem to have as much faith in her role and in her as we do.

I think Atlantis should stay Atlantis and not become an asylum for the poor, ejected, disrespectfully treated Stargate characters, for which there is no place in the "new" show anymore...

It's so sad, what they do with my favorite show. *weep*

let's see, what could sam carter do for/in season 10 (and 9):

*sam resumes command of sg1.

*sam starts up a relay with jack o'neill. (can be mostly done off camera until/if rick decides to grace us with another ep)

*sam's jolinar experience can come into play again. you know, it's been ignored for years, so bring it up again AND make use of it.

*sam could command the beta site. the whole base. no need to infringe in atlantis and upset the fans.

*joe mallozzi joked one time about sam finding out she had latent telepathic powers (was a joke spoiler section from one of his blogs). but it sounded like a great idea to me!

*cassie could make appearances because sam's now her guardian. the opportunities for exploring the sam-cassie relay are great.

*bring back replicarter. there's so much life in this idea alone (and so much for amanda to do).

there's more, but i'd like to hear others ideas.

what it looks like is all of sam's story ideas have been given to someone else --

sam and jacob: opps, we killed him off. let's give it to landry and lam.

sam having memories and powers because of her jolinar experience: opps, we ignored that, and besides, we've given vala that power/situation now.

sam commanding sg1: opps, amanda went on maternity leave and we had to have *someone* take over for her while she was gone. let's give it to the new guy and let him keep it.

sam and jack: opps, rick left the show and we don't *want* to write sam/jack ship without him. let's give it to vala and daniel to hold up the shipper end.

where does sam fit in when they've taken all her roles to play? can't they come up with new things? doesn't look like they even want to try.

i'm sorry, shippers, if i'm sounding so down, but that it because i am. i'm appalled by all of this, going right through the entire stargate franchise. amanda has been treated like sh*t by a show that wouldn't be where they are without her contribution. if anyone sees a way out of this mess that works for amanda AND atlantis/sg1, please share your wisdom.

what i do know is if amanda does join atlantis, i'm going to stay right where i am and not set foot in their fandom. i can't take another group of ppl dissing on sam carter/amanda tapping. i'm not saying it would happen, but the ingredients are ripe. (just look how the sam fans have reacted to mitchell/vala). i can't take it anymore.

guys, just let me get this all out of my system. i'll eventually shut up.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i think i've got spoilers for sg1 and atlantis, but i'm not sure what the heck i'm talking about anymore. so just be careful for future spoilers for both show. (proceed at your own risk)

*sam starts up a relay with jack o'neill. (can be mostly done off camera until/if rick decides to grace us with another ep)

*sam's jolinar experience can come into play again. you know, it's been ignored for years, so bring it up again AND make use of it.

*sam could command the beta site. the whole base. no need to infringe in atlantis and upset the fans.

*joe mallozzi joked one time about sam finding out she had latent telepathic powers (was a joke spoiler section from one of his blogs). but it sounded like a great idea to me!

*cassie could make appearances because sam's now her guardian. the opportunities for exploring the sam-cassie relay are great.

*bring back replicarter. there's so much life in this idea alone (and so much for amanda to do).

what it looks like is all of sam's story ideas have been given to someone else --

sam having memories and powers because of her jolinar experience: opps, we ignored that, and besides, we've given vala that power/situation now.

sam commanding sg1: opps, amanda went on maternity leave and we had to have *someone* take over for her while she was gone. let's give it to the new guy and let him keep it.

sam and jack: opps, rick left the show and we don't *want* to write sam/jack ship without him. let's give it to vala and daniel to hold up the shipper end.

where does sam fit in when they've taken all her roles to play? can't they come up with new things? doesn't look like they even want to try.

i'm sorry, shippers, if i'm sounding so down, but that it because i am. i'm appalled by all of this, going right through the entire stargate franchise. amanda has been treated like sh*t by a show that wouldn't be where they are without her contribution. if anyone sees a way out of this mess that works for amanda AND atlantis/sg1, please share your wisdom.

what i do know is if amanda does join atlantis, i'm going to stay right where i am and not set foot in their fandom. i can't take another group of ppl dissing on sam carter/amanda tapping. i'm not saying it would happen, but the ingredients are ripe. (just look how the sam fans have reacted to mitchell/vala). i can't take it anymore.

I love all your ideas Sally Sorry apparently can't give you any greens !!!
              TPTB are really stupid if they can't think of a way to carry on the Sam character . You , I and all shippers should give TPTB all our ideas ..but then thinking about it , Now is probably better to let Sam and Amanda go to more important business .

I wish Amanda all the best in her future career and I will follow her in any other shows ..Not sure I will follow her in Atlantis though as I'm not that keen on the show itself ..but another series and a lead role too ..YEAH ....Go amanda

Caty

Comment

Honey, alot of us have very raw and strong feelings. Samanda and S&J Threads are safe places to express ourselves. You are doing so with respect for others feelings and that is the least we can do as we share with each other.
                sigpic

Comment

Amanda . if you read that ..please go away ..Do not return to SG1 and don't go to SGA either ...Go and do your other show where they will all treat you with more respect ...I will follow you there

Caty

Comment

So basicly they are telling us that Sam will no longer be a member of SG-1 because they don't know what to do with her character. Well how about what she has been doing for the past 9 years, SAVING THE GUYS BUTTS!
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      The thing that really gets to me is that Amanda wasn't contacted but the boys were. What boys club!! That really bugs me. To be completely honest, she and RDA were always my favourite. With him gone, there's no contest. She's number one. Having met her, I think she's one of the most amazing people.
                      She's too good to have people leave her in the dark like this. She came straight back to work as soon as possible after having her baby. Amanda deserves more respect than this!
                      Exactly!!
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        I won't be watching SG-1 if AT is gone and especially if they replace her with Vala.
                        I don't care who they replace AT with, I won't be watching SG1, SGA or BG! They could go on for another full season, at least, with a long distance relationship with Sam & Jack. Then she could be just the science, soldier character that she started out to be in season one. They could fill in with phone calls,maybe shoot scenes in L.A. with both of them, if RDA was willing. He said he respects her so much, shouldn't he feel just a little bit sorry for how they're treating her now? Or is something really rotten in Denmark? (Play on words there)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          Amanda . if you read that ..please go away ..Do not return to SG1 and don't go to SGA either ...Go and do your other show where they will all treat you with more respect ...I will follow you there

Caty
                          I agree with Caty, Amanda. if you should read this, leave the whole darn bunch of them - ! You worked before SG1 and you'll work after SG1-without them. Take time to have another baby, spend quality time with Olivia and Alan. Let them sink without you. I swear-without AT on SG1, I'll never watch that show again!

Comment

You know...there is NOTHING left of SG1 anymore...

no goa'uld
                            no Jack
                            no ship
                            no abydos
                            no janet
                            no cassie
                            no hammond
                            little or no sam
                            no 'gate
                            no sense of wonder
                            no geeky daniel and 'out-of-place-but-funny' Tealc

all we have now is:

the ori..bad guys made up in a hurry for s9
                            some guy with a scowl and bad attitude that wears Daniel's glasses
                            some bimbo who hasn't got two brain cells to rub together
                            Teal'c who's also completely different
                            some hollywood 'royalty' decked out in a general's uniform
                            some other guy with a lot of potential that TPTB are squandering
                            and Sam, whom they have done many MANY injustices too

There's more SG1 in Atlantis than SG1...that's how sad the state of affairs is...

Well...I hope season ten crashes and burns.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                              I agree with Caty, Amanda. if you should read this, leave the whole darn bunch of them - ! You worked before SG1 and you'll work after SG1-without them. Take time to have another baby, spend quality time with Olivia and Alan. Let them sink without you. I swear-without AT on SG1, I'll never watch that show again!

Hahahaha ..well said Don't want Amanda to drown with them ..no, no ,no ( imagine me raising my finger from left to right !!!) ......She has a precious little one to look after ..Besides , if she leaves the show at the end of Season 9 , we may see Sam holding hands with Jack as an exit for her !!! .

I hope they will do that kind of exit at least and not the exit a la NCIS for
                              Spoiler:
                              The kate character ...When the actress Sasha Alexander asked to be out of her contract , TPTB said "Ok , I'm gonna kill you then " Sasha was stunned ..and they did it ..in a terrible and most shocking way ..I'm still sad about it and can't get over it

Caty

Comment

hiya guys,

what's this news about Amanda going to sga ?????????

I am so annoyed now!!!

Why oh why have we such c*** writers going on at the moment,this was about the team not the teal'c and Daniel show with vala the vampire in it!

As much as i love teal'c and Daniel this wasn't suppose to happen!!!

i miss Jack ssooooo much it's just not the same,but with Sam goin aswell it won't give me that much incentive to watch it anymore.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Working...
                                X