Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is at the AT site waiting for more infor. .This could work to our advantage as far as the ship is concern. But I'm not surprised they are doing this to AT since RDA is gone. Maybe that is why she has been flip-flopping with her opinions about the ship,she saw it coming and was trying to placify TPTB.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      Everyone is at the AT site waiting for more infor. .This could work to our advantage as far as the ship is concern. But I'm not surprised they are doing this to AT since RDA is gone. Maybe that is why she has been flip-flopping with her opinions about the ship,she saw it coming and was trying to placify TPTB.

How would it work to the advantage of Sam/Jack ship? Would like it to.

The AT site is speculating about AT's other offer. Somehow I can't see AT leaving Vancouver just now and it got me wondering what other shows are filmed there(besides the sci-fi ones). Pretty sure "House" is. Would love to see AT as a doctor, kicking butt, not literally on the poor patients, but holding her own with male doctors, administrators, etc.

Comment

My guess is that this is her punishment for not towing the party line on RDA this year. We've noted before that she is the *only* one who's said positive things about him, including just how much she missed him. I'm sure TPTB aren't too pleased with her for that.

I hope I'm wrong, but . . .
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
          My guess is that this is her punishment for not towing the party line on RDA this year. We've noted before that she is the *only* one who's said positive things about him, including just how much she missed him. I'm sure TPTB aren't too pleased with her for that.

I hope I'm wrong, but . . .
          I think you're right Mary. That is why she changed her mind about the ship, so as to make TPTB happy, so they leave her alone. But if she is on both shows, that gives two places for RDA to make a guest appearence.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            What do the letters in GABIT represent? Been wondering for many month.

Yeah, if that is how they treat AT then we should march on Bridge (along with the penguins).
            Get
            Amanda
            Back
            In
            Town

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey - on a happy note - heard tell that Amanda made some really shippy comments during the auction. To paraphrase, they were auctioning off a Sam and Jack dogtag set and (from what I gathered) Amanda said something to the effect of not being able to auction off Sam herself because she "belongs to Jack"... So anyone who read an interview lately that bothered you, there you have it from the lady's mouth. lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Hey - on a happy note - heard tell that Amanda made some really shippy comments during the auction. To paraphrase, they were auctioning off a Sam and Jack dogtag set and (from what I gathered) Amanda said something to the effect of not being able to auction off Sam herself because she "belongs to Jack"... So anyone who read an interview lately that bothered you, there you have it from the lady's mouth. lol
                Yup...According to GABITeer ForeverSG1 (in a note to me):

You'll be happy to hear MB that Amanda made several shipper comments about Sam belonging to Jack during the auction that erupted in a roar of applause although the MC of the auction was definitely NOT a shipper.

They actioned off a Sam and Jack dog tags and they came in a little wooden box and she wore them both and walked around showing everyone and she kept saying 'Oooh Sam and Jack'... together at last... as it should be.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey everyone!! *hugs* I know it's been ages since I've been here, but I was just over in the Sam Thread and I was just thinking about the possibilites for ship over at Atlantis. Wait..hear me out.

Let's face it, we get nothing over at SG1. RDA's outta sight, outta mind apparently. But, if Sam goes to Atlantis, seems like she would talk more freely about it, wouldn't ya think? I mean someone's gotta say...hey how's Jack or something!! Or wouldn't you think she would rebuff McKay's attempts like she did with Barrett?

I'm just sayin.....

Comment

AT said that TPTB are going to make her work between SG-1 and SGA. Giving her twenty episodes but what was upsetting to the fans was she had to approach them to ask what was happening to her character. They had already notified CJ MS BB and CB about SG but not AT.
                    Maybe its time for her to get off the sinking ship. Like I said in a previous post, it doesn't seem like Sam Carter fits in with the new SG-1. They aren't interested in writing a intelligent, strong women character. IMO, Atlantis is a better show right now anyway. As far as the ship is concerned, they are making us use our imagination, so we can imagine that Sam gates back and forth to visit Jack.

But your right, not notifiying AT does stink.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      ((((minigeek)))) Now that's wonderful news!!!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

You'll be happy to hear MB that Amanda made several shipper comments about Sam belonging to Jack during the auction that erupted in a roar of applause although the MC of the auction was definitely NOT a shipper.

They actioned off a Sam and Jack dog tags and they came in a little wooden box and she wore them both and walked around showing everyone and she kept saying 'Oooh Sam and Jack'... together at last... as it should be.
                      ((((ÜberSG-1Fan))))Hearing that AT said that about Sam and Jack is the good news this evening!!! Great news, actually!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, I'm trying to stay OT for Sam and Jack focus.

Perhaps TPTB see Sam's character as a dead end because she is in an implied relationship with Jack and he is not physically present for the UST/RST dynamic. And, Carter can't have a romantic interest with another character because Sam and Jack are loyal and true to one another. Which is as it should be. So, they are stymied and stuck because the formula for a successful series is to include UST at least. Now Vala can deliver that for them.**cough** I.Won't.Go.There.

Foolish.Silly.TPTB. We have lots of ideas to keep Jack active in the series and Sam's and Jack's relationship going and he doesn't even have to be present. Well, I want him to be but RDA can't or won't right now. Ya know, one-sided phone calls and conversations about what Sam and Jack did on their vacation to the cabin. Ahem, fishing....

So, what's my point? What is my point? Oh, yeah. This is what I wrote on Joe's blog because I think that they don't know what to do with a single, professional woman over 35 who's in a healthy, loving relationship. Heck, RDA was 45 when he started as Jack O'Neill. What is it with this sexist stuff in these times?

Originally posted by nell
                        SAM CARTER ROCKS!!! The Stargate franchise can take credit for creating a brilliant, competent, confident,interesting, assertive, brave, loyal, loving and kicka$$ female character!!! We've seen the scientist/soldier/woman develop over the past 9 seasons through the talented interpretation of Amanda Tapping. Go all the way and continue to expand Carter's role. Single, professional women can be attractive and powerful lead characters when the scripts maintain their roles through intelligent storylines. Be Bold, Amanda's talent and Sam's character can break the mold in stereotypes for women actors/characters. 'Nuff said!!
                        OK, I'm treading on being or maybe I am OT so I'll stop here.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't believe how shoddily they're treating AT at the moment...that is downright diabolical!

Well...at the moment, AT (and CJ) are too good for SG1...get them to Atlantis...you know that place with the round spinny thing that you actually see in some eps.

I think this could be good for us, and good for Atlantis...and very very VERY bad for SG1, so no real harm done!

[/snark]
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

YES !!! The good news of this week !

I won't even comment on the other thing cause it's probably not the best place (I think I'll go to the Sam thread to tell my point... I'll just say that I'm very angry with TPTB... )

Oh yes, something else : were they not planning to auction the SJ wedding pic too ? I'm sure it went high !
                            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I can't believe how shoddily they're treating AT at the moment...that is downright diabolical!

Well...at the moment, AT (and CJ) are too good for SG1...get them to Atlantis...you know that place with the round spinny thing that you actually see in some eps.

I think this could be good for us, and good for Atlantis...and very very VERY bad for SG1, so no real harm done!

[/snark]
                              Okay, I've just said I won't comment about that but I couldn't let this one go...
                              I love Sam and I love Amanda... but I don't want her in Atlantis. At all.
                              Why ? Because I want SGA to be a show completely different from SG1. I don't want my now favorite show (SGA) to only be the kid sister of the 'big show' SG1. I want SGA to live by itself.
                              That's why I don't want any SG1 character to come in SGA (and vice versa).

As for Sam... well, if she's not in SG1 anymore, I think it will be the end of SG1 for me. Sam and Jack were my favourite characters. Without even one of them in the show, I'll say 'bye bye' to SG1. No season 10 for me.
                              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Yeah...to be honest...AT just doesn't belong on Atlantis...but Atlantis is the better show and I will be watching regardless...I've already stopped watching s9 (even though I like Cameron and Carolyn) because in all honesty it's utter tripe.

C'mon PTB...GET THE FINGER OUT!

I'm actually feeling pretty sorry for JM, cos he's not happy either...that much is obvious...GET BW AND JM BACK IN THE DRIVING SEAT

and RC...ha!

[/snark]
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X