This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Except that networks are run completely differently than they were in that era; which not everyone realizes. Those "good old days" are no longer here. Even the way ratings are scored and weighed differs these days. It's no longer as simple as waging a campaign (even a wide-spread, empassioned fan campaign). There was actually a pretty interesting filmforce article written a while back about this very thing (though it concerned Farscape most specifically). It's well worth the read if this sort of thing interests you. I believe I read this one through Uber.

Farscape & Trek share a myth.
    http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/559/559272p1.html

mini
    Very interesting read. Thank you.

Personally, I've always thought the Neilsen ratings suck hind tit. But that's just me. Actually, I think they make up the ratings. Tell me, does anyone have one of these boxes or know anyone who has one? Anyone? Okay, I'll behave.

Correct if I'm wrong, really, please do, but hasn't the majority of SG-1 fans always been female? So, if this is true, why was there a change of direction for the show? Why did whoever feel the need to attrack a completely different demographic? Please don't tell me because of the almighty advertising dollar because I know that most advertising is aimed at females. This is because females are the biggest buyers. I just do not understand this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Hmmm, maybe here lies the problem.

Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper will return as executive producers on both series. Wright co-created SG-1 with Jonathan Glassner in 1997. Wright and Cooper then created the spin-off series in 2004, with Wright becoming Atlantis's day-to-day showrunner while Cooper stepped into that duty for SG-1.
      Yeah, that's the nauseating part of it. Too bad, too, because Cooper was one of my favorites earlier on. I don't know what happened, big head maybe, but he's been completely to me for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
        Hey, y'all the Ship Family likes to take a kinder tone. Many shippers are frustrated that "Stargate" lingers on without any chance of a full and complete resolution for Sam and Jack. Still, others just like the show with or without ship. But we can be gracious to each other without sniping.

Bucky
        beautifully said, bucky.

kindness rules.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          It's weird that JM didn't know they were going to announce the renewal of SG-1. on GW yesterday. GW mentioned Cooper and Woods coming back but didn't mention JM. Maybe he's out of the loop because he isfighting for the ship and TPTB want to get rid of it.
          That could very well be true, but I'm more inclined to think that JM was just playing it close to the vest so the announcement would be a surprise.

Personally, I'm very disappointed in the renewal because it means no movie, and therefore, no RDA/ship, for at least another year. And then, when I posted my sadness on the samandjack list, I was pretty viciously attacked for it.

I may get frustrated here sometimes, especially when people bash Jack, but at least I know that most people here won't tell me that I'm not a fan of SG1 and am selfish, etc.

<sigh> Maybe I should just hibernate for a year . . .

- Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Besides! NOTHING is hopeless. In fact, I'd put money on the probability that we will see some form of positive, on-screen affirmation for Sam & Jack before the show goes off the air.

mini

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              That could very well be true, but I'm more inclined to think that JM was just playing it close to the vest so the announcement would be a surprise.

Personally, I'm very disappointed in the renewal because it means no movie, and therefore, no RDA/ship, for at least another year. And then, when I posted my sadness on the samandjack list, I was pretty viciously attacked for it.

I may get frustrated here sometimes, especially when people bash Jack, but at least I know that most people here won't tell me that I'm not a fan of SG1 and am selfish, etc.

http://bestsmileys.com/sad/11.gif
              Please don't be sad and don't hibernate either. I was also hoping there wouldn't be a season 10 and that they would start on a movie and that RDA would sign up for it and that Joe would lead it and... *sigh* Oh well, we'll just hang out here for another year and maybe then... *sigh*

Comment

Erised actually made a really cool prediction in another thread. She said she thought Sam & Jack might get married in episode 200! Hey, how SWEET would that be?? I'll root for that!

YES!!!

and i also noticed a wonderful question on joe's thread about a sam/jack wedding for the 200th ep in season 10. yeah, baby!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Mary you are not the only one to get attacked, for your opinions. Lately, I feel like I'm talking to myself since I posted some things which were later quoted by others and they got the response. Mary, we can't make everyone happy but we do have a right to our opinions! Please keep posting because some of us do consider your opinion important.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottishshipper
                    Oh dear well if At did leave the show i would then def stop watching it.I was real upset to find there was going to be a s10 .lack of Jack this season is killing me but i live in hope that he will make a guest appearance in the finale or before and as for the ship aspect just a call from s/j or j/s would keep me happy.I am going to the Gabit event this weekend and if i get a chance i will ask AT if the ship has sailed.
                    smiles
                    mary xx
                    As much as I almost wish that RDA would do a guest appearance as Jack, I almost fear it. Because it seems pretty clear that TPTB don't know how to use what time he gives them well, and that for *sure* means no ship. What we've seen so far of the time he gave to S9 was nothing less than dreadful as far as usage of his talent is concerned. It may be wishful thinking, but I have no hope that we can rely on them to do any better in the future.
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

spoilers for s9's (can't remember ep) - some ep from season 9!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

ROTFLOL!!!!! Exactly! That's one of the things that's out of place:
                      Spoiler:
                      the team "leader" touching things before anyone has had time to evaluate the consequences!!!
                      i like the way you stated that. i can't see jack or sam doing something like that, but then again, jack had years of leadership to fall back on, and sam had years of jack's mentoring to fall back on.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow, I've read the last pages and I don't know how to react... rbut I can say that I love Stargate SG-1 it is and will always be one of my favorite shows... I try not to miss a SciFi Monday and whenever it's on even though I have all Seasons on DVD I can't stop watching, buy now I know every moment, every step, what the actors thougth, what the writers wrote, what the directors wanted to achieve, it's a show that had action, great storylines, standalone episodes and best of all, great, great characters and relations... the bonus, it had Ship!

Now, for me SG-1 ended in S8...

S9, S10, S11 is another show that I happen to like too, as another show, is it my number 1 show? No... do I run every Friday night to watch it...? No, but it's still a good show, I still like it and I will still keep watching.

Regarding the Ship, well for me the Ship arrived and is here to stay we did not have our on-screen moments, but we know they are together, everything points towards it, is there anything that says the contrary?

So I thank TPTB for giving me 8 wonderfull years, I thank RDA for sticking so long, I thank the actors for staying around... I even thank MS for coming back! and in this thanking note and come backs...

(((((Oma)))), (((((Mad_Gater))))), ((((((Wynter))))))... well come back!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are here to stay to
                        Last edited by LOL4JACK; 25 October 2005, 07:23 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

mary, don't leave!!

it's a *completely* different atmosphere over here. stay with your shipper friends and find acceptance and understanding.

and yes, like you, i wasn't thrilled by the renewal. i'm thinking it has more to do with *10 seasons of stargate!* bragging rights than anything else. and i 'do' love the idea of sg1 hitting that mark, but there has to be a LOT of improvements to make it something to be proud of. and i mean the show's substance to be worth being proud of.

but like i've said before, i'll still give it a try. as long as sam remains, so do i.

and if we get a little sam/jack wedding as a 200th ep gift... i'll die a happy woman!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

PS:

S if for Sam.... The girl I envy to death... *cough* *cough* Oops Sorry...

S is for Sam, the love of Jack's live....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Something OT but something I have been thinking about Citizen Joe. When Joe finds out that Daniel has ascended and he begins to cry outside his house, was that Jack's private reaction to Daniel's death or Joe's? (Or was it a combination of both).
                              sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's citizen joe

Originally posted by trupi
                                Something OT but something I have been thinking about Citizen Joe. When Joe finds out that Daniel has ascended and he begins to cry outside his house, was that Jack's private reaction to Daniel's death or Joe's? (Or was it a combination of both).

it was joe's reaction. all of joe's reactions were joe's in that ep.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X