Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Sam/Jack Ship Day - Ninth Annual Celebration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #44

The proverbial cat that ate the canary. From the resignation, frustration to a brief moment when Jack takes the chance to realize everything he wants - and he finds out that Sam wants him too. I've always felt bad that on some level he has the security of knowing what she feels while later, she struggles with trying to figure him out.

I'm also struck by seems to me to be pure adoration. The way a lover looks at his beloved. There's a peace in his eyes, a satisfaction, something rare and that we won't see again for a very long time.

Comment

Jack Look #45

This one is from when he is ordering Sam to turn the naquadah generator into a bomb. This is the first time they have really, truly come into conflict. Sam's had moments before (notably refusing to leave and choosing to help deal with Jonas), but here, she knows he's playing fast and loose with Hammond's orders. In Jack's eyes he studying her again - a look we haven't seen since last season. How far will she follow me? - he seems to ask himself. And ultimately she does what he requests... but I think Sam's expression is incredibly telling as well:

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #46

Without barriers, without rules and regulations, Jack is naked (go for it Bren, Jann). He let's his emotion for her play on his face. I have to wonder if on some level Jack enjoyed the life they lived there. He's a man who works with his hands and he had the company of a woman that meant the world to him. Here, his eyes look *happy*.

Comment

Jack Look #47

Remember I mentioned that if they weren't bound by the military they would do things like this? Although we can't see his face dead on, I sense peace in his presence and a comfortable air between them. Jack's not in a hurry with their relationship - these moments carry a lot of weight with him.

Comment

Jack Look #48

And... reality comes to slap him in the face:

Comment

Jack Look #49

There's a pleasure in Jack's eyes as he talks with Sam here. If you've been following this progression, you can see how much he's changed in the way he watches her from the first few seasons. The first two there were a lot of friendly, "innocent" looks - and then we have "Nemesis" and now - his looks hold so much more weight. He *knows* how he feels about her and it colors the way he interacts with her. And as we'll see, it affects how he makes decisions about her.

Comment

"Lunch"?

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #50

So many of Jack's expressions can be picked up from his body language alone. I've picked a lot of caps where you can't see his face dead on and this is one where I *wish* we could. Sam's smile and her eyes speak to what she's reflecting from him. I think it's true that a woman's confidence is deeply affected by her lover. It's what I find insane about their relationship - they're *not* lovers but their body language screams that they should be.

Comment

Super slow Grace kiss...

sigpic

Comment

Sam grabbing Jack's side-arm....

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #51

One that never happened.... 2010 - I selected this cap for the regret we see in his eyes.

Comment

Jack Look #52

Like the determined look from "Upgrades" this one has that fury that hints at Jack's sordid past. I imagine that had the entity not been in Sam's body he would have ripped its throat (if it had one) with his bare hands. As much as they pretend they left it in the room, as we see in this, and in the next few, it is very much not in the room. Jenn's pointed this out and I agree - the entity knew that Sam was important to Jack. Too important.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #53

I see fear and a hardening in his eyes. His worst nightmare is coming to life before him...

And he makes the choice. You see it in his eyes, the hesitation and the resignation...

Comment

Working...
                                X