Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Sam/Jack Ship Day - Ninth Annual Celebration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #9

I love the way his eyes light up when they're fixed on her. There isn't anything beyond good chemistry, a sense of comaraderie, and just a smidgen of that "click" essence you feel when you meet someone and you just *know* you're going just fit together perfectly. Plus, she's already introducing him to her father LOL

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #10

This is my other "studying" her look. She's talking about dreams and planets and Jack is trying to weigh what she says against what he knows... as well as what he knows about *her*. In the end, it's *Sam*. I wonder if we could think of this as that first time he's willing to hang his hat on something way out there that Sam is sure about.

Comment

Bikini...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #11

I love his intense gaze, the way he's completely focused on her as she talks.

Comment

Jack Look #12

Sam wants to approach her father about taking Selmak. In Jack's eyes I see that look again - the "studying" look as well as deep concern. I really feel like here his trust boundaries with her have widened extensively, yet at the same time, we see that he still has some degree of objectivity when he's dealing with her. Something, I think we'd agree, becomes a little more vague as time goes on...

Comment

Jack Look #13

Selmak is trying to heal Sam's father. Martouf refuses to leave and Sam refuses to leave (despite Jack having offered to stay). What I find so intriguing about this sequence is that *he leaves her behind* - something he will be unable to do in the coming seasons. Here, I think, you can see the beginnings of that in his eyes... but we're not there yet.

Comment

Jack Look #14

The classic "confused" look we've all come to know and love - and know is a complete farce. This comes from a sequence that I would call efinite *flirting* - I have to pause when I come this though and ask myself, is this the first time Jack has gone out of his way to flirt with her? He generally does it in the midst of regular work, but here he has specifically pulled her aside with an excuse to talk to her. And of course, who can blame him when he gets that beautiful Sam Carter smile as a reward:

Comment

Jack Look #15

This picture is so much more than just Jack's complete attention on Sam. What makes his look so much more powerful is the proximity of their body, their body language (turned into each other), and her complete attention on him. Here we see how their progression of being of similar spirit has now progressed into a connection that is just starting to be incredibly nonverbal. Just to compare here are some other shots:

This is from the same scene - notice how close they are whereas everyone else has a decent distance between them.

From another episode:

While Sam and Daniel share a close proximity, their body languag towards each other isn't nearly as open or as connected. It definitely shows that they are close in a friendly way, but they lack that "kindred soul" that I've mentioned before - something we'll see them butt heads (just a little) about later in Season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X