Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Sam/Jack Ship Day - Ninth Annual Celebration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's time for our first favorite fanfic award!

We'll start with Holiday Fics! Shippers have great holidays that produce so many wonderful fics.

And the Award goes to . . .

Comment

I was inspired by Nynaeve's brilliant and insightful 100 Looks of Jack O'Neill as He Beholds Sam to create my own 100 Looks of Sam for Jack.

It is far below the quality of the original inspiration (and highly recommand you check it out), but here it is:

100 Looks of Sam Carter
      as he beholds Jack O'Neill

Comment

Well, I'm off to bed! Keep posting and I look forward to all the pages I'll have to go through in the morning!

sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I made this first clip for Valenship in 2009 but thought it might be ok to share for Ship day 2011.
          Have you ever really loved a woman

This second clip was made for Ship Day 2008...can't get old...can it?
          Marry Me
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Look # 1

The first time Sam beholds her new commanding officer. She’s young, eager, inexperienced, and with a slight chip on her shoulder. She’s determined to prove to Colonel O’Neill and everyone else that she is the right person to take on this mission and go through the gate, and no one will stop her this time.

Comment

I quite often think about what kind of songs would be really cool for Sam & Jack...most of them are old songs but this one was playing on my ipod before:

From a Jack to a King
              From loneliness to a wedding ring
              I played an Ace and I won a Queen
              And walked away with your heart

From a Jack to a King
              With no regret I stacked the cards last night
              And lady luck played her hand just right
              To make me King of your heart
              For just a little while
              I thought that I might lose the game
              Then just in time
              I saw the twinkle in your eye

From a Jack to a King
              You made me King of your heart

For just a little while
              I thought that I might lose the game
              Then just in time
              I saw the twinkle in your eye
              From a Jack to a King
              You made me King of your heart
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Look # 2

Same briefing, we see a chink in the armor that will only widen with time. The first time Sam has to hide her amusement with one of the Colonel’s truly awful jokes.

Comment

Look # 3

Sam is not amused with the Colonel’s admiration for her in “the dress” (or the use of her full name “Samantha”). She believes it’s yet another sign that he still doubts her abilities. But no matter how much she may want his approval and respect, she is determined to stand up and challenge him to do what is right because she doesn’t yet trust him to do the same.

Comment

Look # 4

OK, so she was under the influence of an alien virus and was completely embarrassed about the whole thing afterward. But don’t tell me she hadn’t thought about it (Jack is hot), and didn’t enjoy it at the time.

Comment

Look # 5

At this point Sam really doesn’t know her commanding officer very well, but she is given a very rare glimpse into his personal life. She sees Jack’s pain and knows a little of that kind of deep and lasting loss herself (from her mother’s death); she is in complete sympathy with him.

Comment

Look # 6

We see here one of the few times Sam is actually disappointed in Jack. Finding him in such a position is a big letdown for her because she had come to believe that he was different than other male officers she had served with.

Comment

Look # 7

This comes in a series. I couldn’t help but see a comparison between two hall scenes. One where Sam is trying to convince Jack to listen to her that Hathor is bad news. The other in Sacrifices where they are discussing the relocation of Ishta’s people. In both they are walking next to one another, discussing the situation on base, and there is touching. In the first, Sam is still trying to be respectful and prove herself to him, even though she knows something is wrong. In the second you can see and feel a closeness and connection between them; they are on equal footing.

Comment

Look # 8

Sam can’t fix the DHD, Jack is dying and he is ordering her to leave him and save herself. You can see the pain and devastation in her eyes. She’s failed and she’s going to lose him. Later as she’s climbing Jack tells her it was an honor to serve with her. She’s spent the year trying to prove herself to him. To earn his trust and respect. Now that she knows she has it, she believes it’s too late.

Comment

Look # 9

Jack is incredulous about being engaged to Sam in an alternate reality and can’t get past it. Sam is wondering why this is such a hard thing for him to come to grips with, and perhaps even a little annoyed. “It is theoretically possible.”

Comment

Look # 10

Jack has just told Sam he’s not ordering her to go with them to the address Daniel found in the alternate reality. She appreciates him looking out for her best interests, knows she is risking court martial and the end of her career, but she’s determined to go. She won’t let him or the rest of her team down. Echoes of that first mission when she insists on taking her place on the team and going through the gate. Of course, back then Jack didn’t want her there. Now he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X