• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A picture within a picture

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
      I love this cap...Awesome...and Sam and T in front...that even makes it better

Comment

If anyone is still up for the 'watching from the very beginning' thing than that would be great because I am now free from exam/essay shackles
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          If anyone is still up for the 'watching from the very beginning' thing than that would be great because I am now free from exam/essay shackles
          I was going to restart watching it from the beginning yes.. I am willing to do it together with you... so who wants to join in?? and when do we start?? and how many days between eps??

Comment

If we can get a list of people together- spread the word (you might want to do an OT post in somewhere like Samanda)- and then we can get a general consensus of how many eps a week (I think we speculated previously that two would be an OKish number) and also what days are suitable. At them moment I'm thinking one at the weekend and then another mid-week if we're doing two. We can always bump the number up at bit, because to watch from the beginning in this way people will really have to have all the DVDs or tape recordings, so the eps will be shorter without ads and also no pesky TV time slots to limit when you have to watch them
            sigpic

Comment

I'm in - I think two a week is doable for me. Do we want to make it a day during the week and a day during the weekend?

resurgamlaura
              RepliCartertje
              SG Gato

Comment

I thought that would be a good idea, as most people have at least one day free on the weekend and hopefully one afternoon/evening during the day when they're not absolutely bushed Should we say provisionally Wednesday and Sunday and any comments are to be made throughout those days, due to time differences?
                sigpic

Comment

I thought that would be a good idea, as most people have at least one day free on the weekend and hopefully one afternoon/evening during the day when they're not absolutely bushed Should we say provisionally Wednesday and Sunday and any comments are to be made throughout those days, due to time differences?
                  I was thinking comments made maybe the next day in case you're watching the show late on the weekday. I think making comments on Sunday is good.

Comment

Yeah well I don't have a day free in the weekend It all depends for me...I just have a stupid work schedule so But I think I can fit in an ep while I am working don't be afraid

And I think it would be a good idea if you say like Wed. and Sun. the new ep start...so people have enough time to watch it in these few days...and then we can discuss the ep we've seen Although maybe a stupid question...but what to do with the 2 parters I mean do we see them as one ep or not...Cause they are longer and I know for once if I work, I will not be able to watch 1 hour and a half...unless I get more days

And question that is most important... when do we start?? and do we make a new thread for it?? and advertise as much as possible or not? I want to make a banner or so to advertise...so people can see it in our sigs...
                    Just an idea eh...Cause I mean now we are all Sam fans...but it would be nice to have other fans who don't come in Samanda

just a thought eh

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Yeah well I don't have a day free in the weekend It all depends for me...I just have a stupid work schedule so But I think I can fit in an ep while I am working don't be afraid

And I think it would be a good idea if you say like Wed. and Sun. the new ep start...so people have enough time to watch it in these few days...and then we can discuss the ep we've seen Although maybe a stupid question...but what to do with the 2 parters I mean do we see them as one ep or not...Cause they are longer and I know for once if I work, I will not be able to watch 1 hour and a half...unless I get more days

And question that is most important... when do we start?? and do we make a new thread for it?? and advertise as much as possible or not? I want to make a banner or so to advertise...so people can see it in our sigs...
                      Just an idea eh...Cause I mean now we are all Sam fans...but it would be nice to have other fans who don't come in Samanda

just a thought eh

I'm a little confused . Are you saying we should start a new episode on Wednesday and Sunday and discuss let's say Wednesday's episode from Wed to Sun and Sun's episode from Sun to Wed?

I'm all for spreading the word.

Res, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                        I'm a little confused . Are you saying we should start a new episode on Wednesday and Sunday and discuss let's say Wednesday's episode from Wed to Sun and Sun's episode from Sun to Wed?

I'm all for spreading the word.

Res, what do you think?
                        Argh...I am confusing again eh Yep this is so my second nature

And yeah that is what I mean actually...to give us a few days to discuss the ep we are at So it gives more time to the people who have strange hours of work and strange schedules... I know a lot of them will want to join in but will not be able to do so if they only have one day...
                        So if you give them a few days to watch and discuss, the more that will join in...and I will make banners, once we know when we start...I would say how about now Sunday???

Comment

Sorry for the double posting

So since no one replied, I thought that we should start on Wed...that gives us enough time to let everyone know that we are starting to discuss all the eps...and rewatch them...maybe it is a good idea to tell everyone you know... that way we will have a lot of people who discuss the eps... the only thing I am afraid of is that people will get negative...and that it will end up in a discussion that way...while I don't want this so... we shall see I guess...

I made a sig (banner) you can use if you are going to join and maybe link to this thread...although maybe it is a good idea if we make a discussion thread about the team, so we can discuss in there, and let the thunking in here go on...

so what do you think?? plan or no plan?? or need there be any changes??

oh and this is the sig I made:

Comment

Sorry for the double posting

So since no one replied, I thought that we should start on Wed...that gives us enough time to let everyone know that we are starting to discuss all the eps...and rewatch them...maybe it is a good idea to tell everyone you know... that way we will have a lot of people who discuss the eps... the only thing I am afraid of is that people will get negative...and that it will end up in a discussion that way...while I don't want this so... we shall see I guess...

I made a sig (banner) you can use if you are going to join and maybe link to this thread...although maybe it is a good idea if we make a discussion thread about the team, so we can discuss in there, and let the thunking in here go on...

so what do you think?? plan or no plan?? or need there be any changes??

oh and this is the sig I made:

Cool sig

I think Wed and Sun, starting this Wed, and yes, allowing comments throughout those days and for a couple of days after. Two parters I think we can decide when we get to them, but I'm for doing them separately unless they're one big ep (like the S6 and 68 openers). Do we want to start a separate thread? As this idea started here, in a thread which was made to appreciate the team-and by saying this I don't want to make people feel unwelcome or that their opinions aren't appreciated- should we have a disclaimer that any criticism of character, etc should be argued coherently and in relation to that ep and previous character/plot development, as opposed to bashing or blinkered favourtism. I mean, the ones who have signed up all like Sam, but I think I'm right in saying that we appreciate the other team members and can see things in a way which is not Sam-centric (I definately don't). So, no bashing, no ship wars, no flaming, but an interesting, if not sometimes cheeky and silly, retrospective. Would that work?
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool sig

I think Wed and Sun, starting this Wed, and yes, allowing comments throughout those days and for a couple of days after. Two parters I think we can decide when we get to them, but I'm for doing them separately unless they're one big ep (like the S6 and 68 openers). Do we want to start a separate thread? As this idea started here, in a thread which was made to appreciate the team-and by saying this I don't want to make people feel unwelcome or that their opinions aren't appreciated- should we have a disclaimer that any criticism of character, etc should be argued coherently and in relation to that ep and previous character/plot development, as opposed to bashing or blinkered favourtism. I mean, the ones who have signed up all like Sam, but I think I'm right in saying that we appreciate the other team members and can see things in a way which is not Sam-centric (I definately don't). So, no bashing, no ship wars, no flaming, but an interesting, if not sometimes cheeky and silly, retrospective. Would that work?
                              That would work indeed!!! I like the idea...and the only reason why I would do it in another thread, is cause this thread is a thunk thread So people who like to thunk and not read a lot of discussion will leave the thread...and that would be sad...that is why I would say, I start a new thread, calling it Team discussion thread or something like it...and from Wed. on we can start discussing the eps... and then we can also give people the link to that thread... just an idea eh
                              And I would also suggest that in the thread we put up some rules...to prevent things go the bad way...

I will start this thread now then and also use my sig and link to that thread and put up the introduction and rules... and from Wed. they can start discussing...

btw Children of the God's is one ep right???

Comment

That would work indeed!!! I like the idea...and the only reason why I would do it in another thread, is cause this thread is a thunk thread So people who like to thunk and not read a lot of discussion will leave the thread...and that would be sad...that is why I would say, I start a new thread, calling it Team discussion thread or something like it...and from Wed. on we can start discussing the eps... and then we can also give people the link to that thread... just an idea eh
                                And I would also suggest that in the thread we put up some rules...to prevent things go the bad way...

I will start this thread now then and also use my sig and link to that thread and put up the introduction and rules... and from Wed. they can start discussing...

btw Children of the God's is one ep right???
                                Thanks for setting that up- do you like your username shortened? Its nearly as bad as mine (shorten mine to res if you need to, btw). I think the understanding must be that its about the team overall over the last decade. Of course characters will come to the fore in certain eps, but we should look at them in context and not go crazy- state your opinion for and against in a way that isn't a rant. Its a discussion, folks I know some people hate certain things about the show at various points (haven't most of us?) but lets be sensible- no childish bashing, no annoying gushing- but discussion which is thoughtful but also fun, because being serious all the time is not what us and the show are about.
                                And yes, Children of the Gods is one ep.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X