No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASH!!!!! Where have you been? Here is your Christmas present Video from the Fruitcake Exchange. You have gotten me hooked on this quirky song girl. I'm replaying it over and over. Everyone play it in High Quality. It is a great Video.

Twisted
    Last edited by SundaySusans; 28 December 2008, 12:40 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
      That always struck me as funny too!

Huh. 27 languages? Back in the s2 ep '1969' he said to Jack "I speak 23 languages, pick one." Either he learned four new languages in approx seven years, or there's a mix-up somewhere.

Or the "I speak 23 languages" doesn't count the dead ones like Latin and Ancient.

Beautiful, Susan!

Lovely! That's really sweet!

Dropping off a new wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

The 27 languages comes from 200 when Puppet General Hammond is listing off what the program needs. Something like an adventuring archaeologist who speaks 27 languages. Although, considering the number of offworld languages and dialects he's learned over the years, I think it's probably more.

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
      Coming on Hot, Chapter Eight is now up. I know but the alternative was cupboards. I still don't know how to post the link. Fanfic net, DV romance, M section. Enjoy! Well it made me chuckle.

If anyone wants an alternative way of dealing with Daniel after he's been mortally insulting (Unending anyone) see if you like this any better.

Mag
      Sweet! I'll be there to check it out soon!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Sorry Hoppity, Merry, I think you'll find it's thirty one.

Mag
        Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
        LOL..... Yeap 31. hehe
        I don't get it...

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
          I don't get it...
          Chuckles, okay Merry, you've counted up to 30 right but you have failed the anorak test because ..... I'll put it in spoilers for those that want to try and work it out for themselves:

Spoiler:
          Every supergeek learns Klingon

So there you are 31.

Qapla!

Okay, I've been cleaning cupboards and there were fumes. A question for the houseproud, I'm thinking LC. Does it make sense to clean the cupboard with canned food when you've eaten all the tins. Then Flashwipe, tada. Otherwise you have to take them all out, don't you?

Whispers: Sue, your anorak fitting ... need an appointment luvvy. Nice orange one with tight hood like Kenny in South Park.

Mag
          Last edited by Magnecite; 28 December 2008, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Chuckles, okay Merry, you've counted up to 30 right but you have failed the anorak test because ..... I'll put it in spoilers for those that want to try and work it out for themselves:

Spoiler:
            Every supergeek learns Klingon

So there you are 31.

Qapla!

Okay, I've been cleaning cupboards and there were fumes. A question for the houseproud, I'm thinking LC. Does it make sense to clean the cupboard with canned food when you've eaten all the tins. Then Flashwipe, tada. Otherwise you have to take them all out, don't you?

Whispers: Sue, your anorak fitting ... need an appointment luvvy. Nice orange one with tight hood like Kenny in South Park.

Mag

HEHE Mag, I looked up British slang for Anorak. Hm???? So I am this....

Spoiler:
            In British slang an anorak is a person, typically a man, who is an enthusiast interested in information regarded as boring or unfathomable by the rest of the population. The best known explanation of the term, is the use of anoraks (a type of rain jacket) by train spotters, a prototype group for this seemingly unfathomable interest in detailed trivia.

I think I am proud. But not the bright orange one. I want the BRIGHT RED one. hehe
            Spoiler:

Edit: Oops, I forgot to D/V my post.

D/V Video Break:
            Crash and Burn
            Last edited by SundaySusans; 28 December 2008, 05:29 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by Toomi

Comment

Milena asked that I continue the discussion for her...so here goes!

Let's Begin: Day 7 - Beachhead!

1. What was your favourite scene? Why?

2. What is your favourite cap/pic?

3. What was your favourite quote?

4. What made Vala take that cargo ship? Did it just need to be done? Or was it to prove herself?

5. What do you make of the basketball game, compared to the rest of the episode? It seems friendly and casual, with everyone comfortable with Vala around, and later only Daniel seems to be frustrated...why?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I've a question. The Ark of Truth. Was it specified that it only revealed that the Ori weren't gods? Or did it reveal other truths as well? Mom is borrowing my copy of the movie, so I can't check.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  I've a question. The Ark of Truth. Was it specified that it only revealed that the Ori weren't gods? Or did it reveal other truths as well? Mom is borrowing my copy of the movie, so I can't check.
                  I'm kinda puzzled by the question Misi....what other truths were you thinking of?
                  sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                  http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

I thought that bit was muddled over. It seemed to suggest it was a weapon that could be used to change peoples beliefs .... and presumably that means any belief which is why it was considered a dangerous weapon, it took away free will. There was that ethical bit at the beginning with the Alterans talking about that issue, then it got locked away to be studied...... So, for the sake of the film it dropped the scales from the eyes that the Ori were gods but equally, I assumed it could be programmed to say Spam is wonderful and we'll eat it every day. And of course that is true according to the glowy box I bought at the jumble sale.

Mag
                    Last edited by Magnecite; 29 December 2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

hey cakes!!!
                      great to post again, i'm sooo behind on the re-watching. the last ep i watched was Avalon 2 with nat we were too busy to watch dvds hehe

nat's in scotland since yesterday, brought her to the aiport and waved goodbye ( ) haven't heard from her since, but think she's okay

and LOL, never knew there was another meaning of "Anorak" *giggles* thats really funny.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
                        hey cakes!!!
                        great to post again, i'm sooo behind on the re-watching. the last ep i watched was Avalon 2 with nat we were too busy to watch dvds hehe

nat's in scotland since yesterday, brought her to the aiport and waved goodbye ( ) haven't heard from her since, but think she's okay

and LOL, never knew there was another meaning of "Anorak" *giggles* thats really funny.
                        Hi, Maggie, well we're all DV anoraks really. Perhaps we should have a fruitcake anorak, I'm still with bright orange. Easier to get into that than the Vala suit, I'm thinking and useful when it's raining.

Beachhead. I didn't record it because I thought they were all Meanos.
                        And didn't deserve Vala's heroic act.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                          I'm kinda puzzled by the question Misi....what other truths were you thinking of?
                          I thought that bit was muddled over. It seemed to suggest it was a weapon that could be used to change peoples beliefs .... and presumably that means any belief which is why it was considered a dangerous weapon, it took away free will. There was that ethical bit at the beginning with the Alterans talking about that issue, then it got locked away to be studied...... So, for the sake of the film it dropped the scales from the eyes that the Ori were gods but equally, I assumed it could be programmed to say Spam is wonderful and we'll eat it every day. And of course that is true according to the glowy box I bought at the jumble sale.

Mag
                          Well a plot bunny hit me this morning after being up half the night. So I'm not sure if it'll hold water. The bunny went something along the lines of, at the end of the movie, when they opened the ark, Daniel and Vala each see the "truth" that they love the other - or maybe that the other loves them and will allow them to take the chance on acting on those feelings.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure if I can write it. I haven't really tried to write DeVilish before.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well a plot bunny hit me this morning after being up half the night. So I'm not sure if it'll hold water. The bunny went something along the lines of, at the end of the movie, when they opened the ark, Daniel and Vala each see the "truth" that they love the other - or maybe that the other loves them and will allow them to take the chance on acting on those feelings.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure if I can write it. I haven't really tried to write DeVilish before.
                            Well, they could think they'd discovered that truth!!! And then find out it wasn't working. Sorry, interfering. My Daniel and Vala usually boot each other around the room before they make up. I say, go for it.

Mag

Comment

Well, they could think they'd discovered that truth!!! And then find out it wasn't working. Sorry, interfering. My Daniel and Vala usually boot each other around the room before they make up. I say, go for it.

Mag
                              Well, TV life is not like real life. I can only write like what I know. People find it easy to get together. Hard to stay together. So I think that if they have something to give them the courage to get together, then they can fight like cats and dogs on how to stay together.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, TV life is not like real life. I can only write like what I know. People find it easy to get together. Hard to stay together. So I think that if they have something to give them the courage to get together, then they can fight like cats and dogs on how to stay together.
                                WOOF! Will we see said fighting?

Mag

Comment

Working...
                                X