X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natalia View Post
    HIYA!!!

...you're not invisible i promise

Oven Hint # 9893: i find it helps to post big pics of our darling couple in order to draw attention to your post...more people read it that way i think lol
    rofl, thanks for that enthusiastic greeting

Danke, danke.

Lol, seems to work that way, don't it? That or you mention fics, or vids

'sup, Nat?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
      rofl, thanks for that enthusiastic greeting

Danke, danke.

Lol, seems to work that way, don't it? That or you mention fics, or vids

'sup, Nat?
      well i've just been summoned for dinner so food...then finished the second to last chapter i need to write for my frelling giraffe!fic most likely

you?
      My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
        Love the pics. Yes, I love PU and Season 9 Vala. It was Season 9 Vala that blocked the Supergate and nicely for her got pregnant but unfortunately for the script. Why they couldn't just have waited for Season 10 ..... and left the Daniel inhabiting Vala/Ori baby bump out I don't know. I would say the same for Teyla in SGA. The baby plot is tedious, Adria plot was tedious. Vala as Vala, learning the errors of her way was so much more fun. It's to CB's credit, she managed to bring all the stray personality quirks together so Vala is still recognisable as she is haphazardly written that should be congratulated.
        I agree—PU and Season 9 Vala is excellent! OTOH, I love the way that the Adria arc was done with her—forcing her to break down those barriers that she had with relationships (Tomin and then Daniel) and not giving her a choice about being part of the bigger picture. And then her association with the SGC broke down even more of those defensive barriers, showing the very young woman beneath whose life had been stolen and twisted by Quetesh who was then able to mature. By the time we get to Dominion, Unending, and the Ark of Truth, Vala's come full circle into secure maturity. Of course, now I'd love to see her indulge in that old snarky sneaky Vala we loved first.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

well i've just been summoned for dinner so food...then finished the second to last chapter i need to write for my frelling giraffe!fic most likely

you?
          Heh, I gotta wait for my sis to finish the dishes before I can even begin to hope for food...

Hahaha, I'm working on my own frelling fic at the moment, since I've gotten over my writer's block.

That, and I'm waiting for a response in my RP game from a friend of mine... My character is causing his character some serious pain, even if it is to help him...
          Spoiler:
          (the pair has just escaped a monster, and my friend's character's been hurt)

REBECCA(me): "Your majesty? I like the sound of that" Rebecca says, as she opens the door to the building, and pulls Billy in, and promptly forces him into a chair. She considers which injury to deal with first; his chest or jaw.... possible broken bones first... gashes later she decides "This is going to hurt" she says, before proceeding with causing said pain by using her fingers to try and determine the extent of the damage to his jaw. If it was simply dislocated, it was an easy fix- albeit an excruciating one- if it was broken, there wasn't much she could do...

BILLY (friend): Billy bites his lip.

"G'dmn!" he utters through clenched teeth

REBECCA: "Sorry," Rebecca mutters, "Just dislocated... It's going to hurt, but I can snap it back into place..." she pauses, as she situates her hands properly, "Okay... On 3" she says, whilst thinking oh, you're going to hate me for this... "One... two," as she says "two" she wrenches his jaw back into place. Had she actually waited until 3, she knew he'd have tensed up, or tried to clench his jaw, which could have hindered putting it back in place...

Comment

FOR MAGNECITE:
            Spoiler:
            Before I was gollumed, I was trying to talk about how Vala would develop if she exited SG1 but stayed as a guest character. I, like others, would hate to see her exited completely or partially but I'm not sure being a member of SG1 truly suits the character.

And, Stef, it's not really fair to fret and then tell others to shutup (Gollumed) because you don't want to fret anymore. Although, I forgive you because I don't like the thought of Vala being sidelined either and understand your feelings.
            It shouldn't occur here but what happens is that folks are so involved with DV that they see debate on the future as a threat. I understand that but it makes it difficult to say well ---- if this happens, what do you think, without being a naysayer or doom mongerer.
            OH. MY. GOD!!!!!! What do I have to do to convince you that the whole Gollum picture was a JOKE?! A. JOKE. Do you want me to define that word for you? Do you want me to go back an delete that picture so you feel somehow less persecuted?! I NEVER asked you to stop talking about it...I only said that at that moment I wasn't in a mood to be depressed, so I "wasn't listening." Obviously I don't care what you say, I mean, I'm gonna disagree with you about it (as you will notice I REPLIED to your Vala speculation in the very same post you seem to condemn in just about EVERY reply) but I respect your right to the opinion - I'm not trying to shut you down, censor you, or "gollum" you as you so frequently put it.

Debate is most certainly not a threat to this thread (I've debated with at least a dozen people on this thread over a variety of different topics)...it's people who create unwarranted PERSONAL conflict and are disrespectful to their fellow shippers that is the problem. Not everyone has to like what you say, not everyone has to agree with your POV, but just because they don't doesn't mean they are attacking you. If that is somehow offensive to you, I am sorry...but I won't apologize for not wanting to hold a funeral for Vala just yet. You can talk about it all you like, but if I don't feel like getting down on Continuum with you, I honestly don't have to.

And for the record, I don't think it's necessary for you to be going into other threads and "subtly" bashing the people in here who don't prescribe to your preferences (you know what I am talking about). Complain about the change in Vala's character? Fine, go for it. Complain about your fellow fans behind their backs? You're getting into murky water. And your passive-aggressive digs at me don't make things any better, I assure you.

Is that clear enough now? Do I still have to read about how I'm a horrible thread Nazi who keeps censoring you in every post?? You want to go off on how you think Vala is going to die a horrible, fiery death in Continuum, be my guest. But you'll have to pardon me if I don't particularly want to read that.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Back to the D/V discussions...

You know one thing I have a feeling I'm going to feel sad about in regards to Continuum...
              Spoiler:
              ...that Vala can't remember her time as Qetesh. I mean, it's good for the character because well, that's something horrible for her to go through, but from a viewer's perspective I love the idea of the conflict there. Granted, I doubt Continuum or any future movies would really address her emotional/psychological state in any depth. But still....

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

....so i'm just...living in my happy place...and posting a pic run and a vid link for anyone who wants to join me in my happy DV place...

VID: What You Don't Know

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Back to the D/V discussions...

You know one thing I have a feeling I'm going to feel sad about in regards to Continuum...
                  Spoiler:
                  ...that Vala can't remember her time as Qetesh. I mean, it's good for the character because well, that's something horrible for her to go through, but from a viewer's perspective I love the idea of the conflict there. Granted, I doubt Continuum or any future movies would really address her emotional/psychological state in any depth. But still....

-Stef
                  ah but that's what fics are for! *ponders whether to write movie tags when she finishes giraffe!ficcing*

Comment

Dude, did you just try to sneak a vid pimp in there?? Niiiice I don't think I've actually seen that one!

Speaking of vids I've never seen...there's a Vala one on the front page of Gateworld called "THERE WAS A GIRL"

ah but that's what fics are for! *ponders whether to write movie tags when she finishes giraffe!ficcing*
                    Darn it! I had those giraffe!fics open on my browser the other day but then I restarted my computer and forgot about them Forgive me?? I'll read them when I get back from dinner. And I say go for the Continuum tags

Oh, and for anyone who is interested, it looks like they've released the FINAL Continuum cover (so they say for now ): CHECK IT OUT HERE

-Stef

Comment

Darn it! I had those giraffe!fics open on my browser the other day but then I restarted my computer and forgot about them Forgive me?? I'll read them when I get back from dinner. And I say go for the Continuum tags
                      hhaha no worries darlin! i've only posted 2, hopefully 3, and with divine intervention 4, by the end of tonight

i'm thinking continuum tags will be a must

Comment

I have returned from dinner...

Wondered when you'd finally get annoyed, Stef...

Need more Giraffe!fic, Nat!

Comment

hhaha no worries darlin! i've only posted 2, hopefully 3, and with divine intervention 4, by the end of tonight

i'm thinking continuum tags will be a must
                          Indeed Surely there's a whole D/V story that will be happening behind the scenes! Well, there is in my head...

-Stef

Comment

Indeed Surely there's a whole D/V story that will be happening behind the scenes! Well, there is in my head...

-Stef
                            oh mine too i just have to figure out what that story is...and write it...

*attempts not to hurl her computer and fic out the window*

...did I mention i hate writing Daniel? with a passion? it's really two bad he is half of this couple since i could write vala all day but daniel makes me want to hurt someone...

*goes back to fic*

Comment

FOR MAGNECITE:
                              Spoiler:

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!! What do I have to do to convince you that the whole Gollum picture was a JOKE?! A. JOKE. Do you want me to define that word for you? Do you want me to go back an delete that picture so you feel somehow less persecuted?! I NEVER asked you to stop talking about it...I only said that at that moment I wasn't in a mood to be depressed, so I "wasn't listening." Obviously I don't care what you say, I mean, I'm gonna disagree with you about it (as you will notice I REPLIED to your Vala speculation in the very same post you seem to condemn in just about EVERY reply) but I respect your right to the opinion - I'm not trying to shut you down, censor you, or "gollum" you as you so frequently put it.

Debate is most certainly not a threat to this thread (I've debated with at least a dozen people on this thread over a variety of different topics)...it's people who create unwarranted PERSONAL conflict and are disrespectful to their fellow shippers that is the problem. Not everyone has to like what you say, not everyone has to agree with your POV, but just because they don't doesn't mean they are attacking you. If that is somehow offensive to you, I am sorry...but I won't apologize for not wanting to hold a funeral for Vala just yet. You can talk about it all you like, but if I don't feel like getting down on Continuum with you, I honestly don't have to.

And for the record, I don't think it's necessary for you to be going into other threads and "subtly" bashing the people in here who don't prescribe to your preferences (you know what I am talking about). Complain about the change in Vala's character? Fine, go for it. Complain about your fellow fans behind their backs? You're getting into murky water. And your passive-aggressive digs at me don't make things any better, I assure you.

Is that clear enough now? Do I still have to read about how I'm a horrible thread Nazi who keeps censoring you in every post?? You want to go off on how you think Vala is going to die a horrible, fiery death in Continuum, be my guest. But you'll have to pardon me if I don't particularly want to read that.

-Stef

I don't think you are a thread nazi but if you follow me about the board, finding things to get cross about, I might change my opinion. I suggest you expend your considerable talents elsewhere. Life's too short. I also think Shell Game might have a short shelf life if fieryness ensued. Another thing, I've noticed, when people get cross, they don't read your posts properly.

I am putting on my forgiving hat. Now be nice and put on yours. There that's better. A little smile. I know you can. Here's mine Mag
                              Last edited by Magnecite; 13 May 2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

ok folks, let's get your personal stuff out of the thread.

on thread is to be about daniel and vala. Personal issues need to go to PM or e-mail
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X