Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    LC
    Did I see that you had another chapter of "The Best is Yet..."? I still don't see it at AllDanielFic. *pouting now*
    Yes,...posted at my LJ...and it's been submitted to 'alldaniel' but is taking much longer than usual to actually get posted...dunno, maybe the mods of 'alldaniel' actually have real lives that require their attention.
    Hope by the end of the weekend...will definitely drop in here when I get notified.
    and by the way, thanks for being eager for the next chapter...it keeps me writing, knowing that people are actually willing to stay with this past the 'main event'.
    LC
    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
      Dudes!! You guys saw that the SFA posted the winners right? Congrats to all who won!

In completely unrelated news, Stef and I have decided to create our own itty-bitty awards that would include categories of fic, art and vids for SG-1 and SGA...well, the whole shebang really!

We are, however, still in Stage 1 which consists of getting a domain name and we've come up with a selection of titles we think might work. In no particular order:

The Stargate Creativity Awards
      The Stargate Unity Awards
      The Singularity Awards
      The Crystal Skull Awards
      The Trinity Gate Awards
      The Stargate Trinity Awards
      The Stargate Alliance Awards
      The Stargate Treasure Awards

We are leaving it to you
      , dear Fruitcakes, because we know you and value your opinions. So just let us know which title gets your vote and we'll tabulate them in a day or so I guess. And we're open to new suggestions if you guys have ideas for a name that might work better than those listed so get your thinking caps on!
      I like the Alliance one myself and somehow my brain can't stop thinking of it as The Stargate Fruitcake Alliance!
      Puppet Hammond: Sergeant, make it spin.
      Puppet Walter: Spin? Sir, it doesn't spin.
      Puppet Hammond: What? It has to spin--it's round. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the General, I want it to spin. Now.

sigpic

Comment

Oh nice! Yeah, better eyesight is probably worth the pain, I hope she's got good stuff to bring it down though

That's such a cute scene
        Indeed, indeed....

And she's already taken a valium, an actual sleeping pill, and several pain meds... she's been out for a couple hours now, but it took awhile for all that stuff to kick in XD

Hahaha, the scene I posted? Indeed... Too bad it doesn't stay cute... there is a reason Nate isn't supposed to be picking up bugs... That's the third fic in the series I'm working on, and the world had pretty much ended in that one... Alot of the population is zombies... Unfortunately, the virus that makes the zombies affects insects, and spiders too... So, if one is infected, and bites one of the kids, well, you're screwed

.... Actually, Nate wouldn't be, since he's got something different about him- hence why the bad guy being after him will be the focus of the story- but, his mother doesn't know that

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          Yes, I get 'what's the point of the other awards'....
          but since there are several other awards(lol, I wanna say 'shows' here),
          is there some new bent to the 'unity' awards to make them special/different/warranted?
          LC
          Oooooooh, that's what you meant. Well yeah There is a meaning behind the "Unity" as we saw it.

In a sense, what would separate us from the other Awards, is the fact that we'll be making an effort to include ALL members of ALL teams as in Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, Jonas, Cam and Vala from SG-1, and John, Teyla, Rodney, Ford, Ronon, Carson, Keller, Weir, etc from SGA. That's kind of what we saw for "Unity", that it would also serve as an Awareness thing to show people with biases that the other sides aren't evil

Mostly though we're hoping that our efficiency (once we [see: Stef] get a hang of the programming) will distinguish us from other Awards programs.

Originally posted by PirateBijjy View Post
          I like the Alliance one myself and somehow my brain can't stop thinking of it as The Stargate Fruitcake Alliance!
          Hey Bijjy!! How are you?

LoL, nice! I so wish we could call it that! I swear I had to keep reminding myself that we wanted to spread awareness and be equal and fair to all groups so we couldn't have "Fruitcake" in the title anywhere

But I'll add your vote to the list One for Alliance Thanks for voting!!
          ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
            Indeed, indeed....

And she's already taken a valium, an actual sleeping pill, and several pain meds... she's been out for a couple hours now, but it took awhile for all that stuff to kick in XD

Hahaha, the scene I posted? Indeed... Too bad it doesn't stay cute... there is a reason Nate isn't supposed to be picking up bugs... That's the third fic in the series I'm working on, and the world had pretty much ended in that one... Alot of the population is zombies... Unfortunately, the virus that makes the zombies affects insects, and spiders too... So, if one is infected, and bites one of the kids, well, you're screwed

.... Actually, Nate wouldn't be, since he's got something different about him- hence why the bad guy being after him will be the focus of the story- but, his mother doesn't know that
            Oh lol, dude! Harsh!! Suck me in with cuteness and then turn them rabid I tip my hat to you, you tease

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Oh lol, dude! Harsh!! Suck me in with cuteness and then turn them rabid I tip my hat to you, you tease
              Hahahaha, yeah, well, I'm not known for my stories being particularly happy... until the end ... Hell, even my jokes are kinda morbid... example:

"No," said Ada, firmly, "Get someone else to do it. I'm sure Hunter is dying to impress you."

"You put him in the infirmary this morning," Wesker replied, as calmly and coolly as if he were commenting on the weather, and not a man currently lying on a hospital bed with a shattered kneecap, several missing teeth, whom would have to forgo ever reproducing... All for a pair of wandering hands- both of which had suffered broken fingers, "If he's dying, it's not to impress me."

... Yes, for Wesker, that qualifies as a joke

Hehehe, tease am I? You should read some of my fics sometime... See if you, like so many others, begin to hate me for my nasty habit of ending chapters of the most evil of cliffhangers. (it's so odd. I HATE it when other authors do it, but I LOVE ending something on a cliffie, myself...)

Comment

Hahahaha, yeah, well, I'm not known for my stories being particularly happy... until the end ... Hell, even my jokes are kinda morbid... example:

"No," said Ada, firmly, "Get someone else to do it. I'm sure Hunter is dying to impress you."

"You put him in the infirmary this morning," Wesker replied, as calmly and coolly as if he were commenting on the weather, and not a man currently lying on a hospital bed with a shattered kneecap, several missing teeth, whom would have to forgo ever reproducing... All for a pair of wandering hands- both of which had suffered broken fingers, "If he's dying, it's not to impress me."

... Yes, for Wesker, that qualifies as a joke

Hehehe, tease am I? You should read some of my fics sometime... See if you, like so many others, begin to hate me for my nasty habit of ending chapters of the most evil of cliffhangers. (it's so odd. I HATE it when other authors do it, but I LOVE ending something on a cliffie, myself...)
                Oh no, it's not odd You get this maniacal sense of revenge when you inflict a painful cliffhanger on others I get it

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Oh no, it's not odd You get this maniacal sense of revenge when you inflict a painful cliffhanger on others I get it
                  Hahaha, yeah it could be that... or it could just be that I'm evil in general...

Y'know... Going and watching some of my videos has brought to my attention something that has probly been brought up before: anyone else notice the extreme lack of anyone with brown eyes in tv shows/video games?... Using SG-1 and RE as an example:

SG-1

Blue (and shades of grey and turquoise )
                  Sam
                  Cam
                  Daniel
                  Vala
                  Landry(not entirely sure about him....)
                  and doesn't Hammond have blue eyes too?

Brown:
                  Jack

RE:

Blue: (again including various shades of grey and turquoise)
                  Jill Valentine
                  Leon Kennedy*
                  Rebecca Chambers*
                  Albert Wesker
                  Billy Coen
                  Claire Redfield

Green:
                  Ada Wong*
                  Rebecca Chambers*
                  Leon Kennedy*

Brown:
                  Ada Wong*
                  Chris Redfield
                  Carlos Oliveira

*: the colors were changed, as the games progressed. Rebecca originally had green, as did Leon. Both were changed to blue later on. Ada originally had brown, but it was switched to green later....

anyone see anything wrong with this picture? .... statistically speaking, the majority should be brown, with blue coming in second, and green in last (which is about the only correct thing amongst those lists... Green's the least of em all)

EDIT: I'm out. Night

Comment

I've noticed that there are an abnormally large amount of actors with blue eyes in comparison with the population at large. I often speculate why that is.

Oh, and doesn't Teal'c have brown eyes? I know they aren't blue...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hahaha, yeah it could be that... or it could just be that I'm evil in general...

Y'know... Going and watching some of my videos has brought to my attention something that has probly been brought up before: anyone else notice the extreme lack of anyone with brown eyes in tv shows/video games?... Using SG-1 and RE as an example:

SG-1

Blue (and shades of grey and turquoise )
                      Sam
                      Cam
                      Daniel
                      Vala
                      Landry(not entirely sure about him....)
                      and doesn't Hammond have blue eyes too?

Brown:
                      Jack

RE:

Blue: (again including various shades of grey and turquoise)
                      Jill Valentine
                      Leon Kennedy*
                      Rebecca Chambers*
                      Albert Wesker
                      Billy Coen
                      Claire Redfield

Green:
                      Ada Wong*
                      Rebecca Chambers*
                      Leon Kennedy*

Brown:
                      Ada Wong*
                      Chris Redfield
                      Carlos Oliveira

*: the colors were changed, as the games progressed. Rebecca originally had green, as did Leon. Both were changed to blue later on. Ada originally had brown, but it was switched to green later....

anyone see anything wrong with this picture? .... statistically speaking, the majority should be brown, with blue coming in second, and green in last (which is about the only correct thing amongst those lists... Green's the least of em all)

EDIT: I'm out. Night
                      Jerks!! Always shunning the Green eyes! What did we ever do to them??

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      I've noticed that there are an abnormally large amount of actors with blue eyes in comparison with the population at large. I often speculate why that is.

Oh, and doesn't Teal'c have brown eyes? I know they aren't blue...

-Stef
                      True...Granted SGA is mostly Green/Blue eyes

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I hate MySQL. That is all.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I hate MySQL. That is all.

-Stef
                          I share in your hatred and I bring with me my utter ignorance.

And now I'm going to bed, tomorrow...new day...sun shining...such and such. G'night!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

So I was listening to the latest Mandy Moore album (which is surprisingly not as cheesy and sappy as I would have expected/hoped) and I came across this song and thought it just sounded so perfect for Vala and Daniel:

"Can't You Just Adore Her"
                            Spoiler:

She likes chocolate in the morning
                            She drinks her coffee late at night
                            You can sense that she is guarded
                            But that's alright
                            She'll fall asleep while your still talking
                            With unfinished books beside her bed
                            She'll cancel all of her appointments
                            And go shopping instead

And in spite of what is right
                            Far beyond what she'd except
                            When the moon begs the question
                            Will you have the answer yet?
                            Can't you just adore her?

She loves to watch the sunset
                            But she is partial to the rain
                            With those tears and that umbrella
                            Her allure goes unexplained
                            You made dinner in your apartment
                            You both assume that she'll be late
                            She always has the best intentions
                            Her goodness is innate

Will you have the answer yet
                            Why can't you just adore her?

I like chocolate in the morning
                            I drink my coffee late at night

-Stef

Comment

Oooooooh, that's what you meant. Well yeah There is a meaning behind the "Unity" as we saw it.

In a sense, what would separate us from the other Awards, is the fact that we'll be making an effort to include ALL members of ALL teams as in Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, Jonas, Cam and Vala from SG-1, and John, Teyla, Rodney, Ford, Ronon, Carson, Keller, Weir, etc from SGA. That's kind of what we saw for "Unity", that it would also serve as an Awareness thing to show people with biases that the other sides aren't evil

Mostly though we're hoping that our efficiency (once we [see: Stef] get a hang of the programming) will distinguish us from other Awards programs.
                              So what?....Are you implying that the other awards are biased in a specific direction?...not kidding here...I haven't paid enough attention to all the winners of the SGF awards to notice a pattern.

And now that I've bumped us back to page one, I also get to do this:
                              (finally)

http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...e=0&chapter=10

Enjoy.
                              LC
                              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

So I was listening to the latest Mandy Moore album (which is surprisingly not as cheesy and sappy as I would have expected/hoped) and I came across this song and thought it just sounded so perfect for Vala and Daniel:

"Can't You Just Adore Her"
                                Spoiler:

She likes chocolate in the morning
                                She drinks her coffee late at night
                                You can sense that she is guarded
                                But that's alright
                                She'll fall asleep while your still talking
                                With unfinished books beside her bed
                                She'll cancel all of her appointments
                                And go shopping instead

Will you have the answer yet?

She loves to watch the sunset
                                But she is partial to the rain
                                With those tears and that umbrella
                                Her allure goes unexplained
                                You made dinner in your apartment
                                You both assume that she'll be late
                                She always has the best intentions
                                Her goodness is innate

Will you have the answer yet
                                Why can't you just adore her?

I like chocolate in the morning
                                I drink my coffee late at night

-Stef
                                oooooh gorgeous stef i'm intrigued...and i'm also trotting off to my itunes to check out the album
                                My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Working...
                                X