• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    LoL, well I can tell from your description that you were simply blown away
    I was.

(AoT)
    Spoiler:
    I was a bit worried that it would wind up feeling like a regular episode that was just a little longer, but they managed to cram enough action into where I didn't really mind the length. I liked that there wound up being two major problems that needed to be dealt with: the Ori and the Replicators (whom I completely, somehow, managed to not see spoilers about); made the hour-and-a-half or so seem a lot more 'movie-ish' than I expected.
    I really like how they split the team up, too; thought it worked well.

Oh... And uh... All the DV moments. Those were good, too.
    -marble

Comment

OMG!!!!!

YT vid called "Stargate Theme (with lyrics)"!!!

The Description: "Sung by Joe Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, and Peter DeLuise."

I DARE you not to laugh your butt off!!!

LYRICS:
      Spoiler:

Stargate, it's a great big whirl with a great big swirl and you step inside to another world.
      We're talking Stargate, it's a crazy trip, you can go quite far and you don't need a car or even a ship.
      There's Colonel O'Neill and Carter and Daniel and Teal'c.
      Look out for that Gogogogogo-gogogogoa'Uld!
      -marble

Comment

gonna go to bed now. Night cherries

~Sig by the wonderful ElephantGirl~ FOREVER

Comment

Steffy, duckling, button, pooky...I'm so not! I saw the title, got excited cuz I like the song, watched the vid and then went "hoooold up...this ain't right"...cuz I talk like a cowgirl in my head and then I had the urge to listen to the version I'm used to but I haven't yet I think the fact that you don't realize it's a different version is a definite sign that you haven't touched that vid in too long
          Milena, sweetums...pumpkin...sugar-muffin. You're just plain wrong. How could my version possibly be different when I ripped it from that exact vid? *blinks sweetly* Did it somehow morph on my computer to the version of the song I don't like? I should hope not!

Cheese then. Don't you like Gouda, Stef?? Cat and I do
          I like chocolate syrup.

Is your keyboard covered in soda?
          If I was drinking soda, most certainly

Originally posted by marbleC View Post
          I was.

(AoT)
          Spoiler:
          I was a bit worried that it would wind up feeling like a regular episode that was just a little longer, but they managed to cram enough action into where I didn't really mind the length. I liked that there wound up being two major problems that needed to be dealt with: the Ori and the Replicators (whom I completely, somehow, managed to not see spoilers about); made the hour-and-a-half or so seem a lot more 'movie-ish' than I expected.
          I really like how they split the team up, too; thought it worked well.

Oh... And uh... All the DV moments. Those were good, too.
          So you loved the D/V then?

EDIT: Night, Sarah!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

G'night Sarah!!

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
            Goodnight Sarah.
            OMG!! Susan!! What's that little white alien thing across Vala's hand, on Daniel's chest in the picture? It's got a face and everything!! That's not from the actual show is it??

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Milena, sweetums...pumpkin...sugar-muffin. You're just plain wrong. How could my version possibly be different when I ripped it from that exact vid? *blinks sweetly* Did it somehow morph on my computer to the version of the song I don't like? I should hope not!
            *eyes suspiciously*

Lies, buttercup! Lies!

I like chocolate syrup.
            *nods wisely*

As do I, as do I...

If I was drinking soda, most certainly
            Awesomeness! I didn't want to have to find something else to get my revenge

And with that, I'm gonna follow Sarah's lead and hit the hay. G'night Fruitcakes!
            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Brilliant! I loved this vid, great job Stef and thanks for posting it Susan

Comment

OMG!! Susan!! What's that little white alien thing across Vala's hand, on Daniel's chest in the picture? It's got a face and everything!! That's not from the actual show is it??
                For a brief moment I thought the producers were giving a small nod to "Farscape" by overlaying a picture of Moya onto the screen, then I realized that I was giving the producers too much credit and surmised that it was most likely the bottom portion of Sam's cello. I like my idea better...

*eyes suspiciously*

Lies, buttercup! Lies!
                Oh, gingersnap, I'm sorry that your complete and utter humiliation is so painful for you (and yet so deliciously wonderful for me).

And with that, I'm gonna follow Sarah's lead and hit the hay. G'night Fruitcakes!
                *glares* I can't believe you just left!! It's only like...3:30am!! Come on, the night is young!!

I guess that I will watch some more of S1 of "Brothers & Sisters." Anyone else here watch that show? I've become addicted

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well, dust-up in the sense that I was upset by his/her actions and let the person have what I thought of the whole situation. Who knew I could be so chatty when I get going....except for you guys of course...and anyone else who knows me moderately well

Sorry, do you need me to send the e-mail again? I know you said you couldn't access your mail...and I wrote out instructions for getting into the site on there. Granted, that doesn't negate the fact that the site may prove confusing at first.
                  -Stef
                  See you've been rehabilitated in the Pro Season 10 thread.

I've got my email account back at long last, well b-in-law did with the aid of a magic box that recovered my documents and email from the old, sadly drowned computer.

Problem is, I think, I now have two emails one old Outlook Express which I use for fanfic net and another which is hotmail. I've tried to sign in with both but it wont let me.

Thanks for your suggestions too, Milena but you have to remember you're dealing with someone who thinks the internet is magic.

I might ask the b-in-law to get me in but there's only so much of one's net activities one wants to share with the world.

Mag.

Comment

Hey guys!
                    Did anyone mention this new interview with CB? Found the link over at Stargate Solutions.
                    http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1219
                    Spoiler:
                    (Poor girl. Mind you, it explains why we will see so little of Vala in Continuum)

Djay
                    He's her Lobster!
                    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Dude you so did!!!

Congrats Fruitcakes for 39,000 posts!!!

AND

Congrats to Kris for posting it!!!

*grin* Thanks Milena. I do love your little celebratory banners. They're all colorful and bouncy and stuff. And I am easily entertained

Gotcha covered

Again with the pretties?!!...*happy sigh*

Originally posted by sg1cat View Post

Darryl! There you are I knew you'd pop up eventually...the right amount of nudging, batting of eyelashes, and an opportunity to post a silly picture usually does the trick *smirk*

cheap? CHEAP?!?
                      *doe eyes* What?

Cheap my 4$$...I had to pay a premium for those classes...!

(who knew it was a scam? I guess I should have been suspicious when the guy said his name was Darth Grifter...)
                      *snort* Yeah that's explains A LOT.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Erin Honey, I love that part too.

Spoiler:
                        The understanding looks to each other. There is one episode where they have a lot of looks to each other too. Here are the AOT pics. I do think that is one of my favorite parts of the movie also. Love all the D/Vness.

Wonderful pictures Susan..thank you!

And Oh!....me too! me too!

Spoiler:
                        Though I think it took Erin to remind me of that scene. I almost completely forgot about it And now I have to place it it right up there with AoT's top five DV moments

Originally posted by mrs.Jackson982 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I like the part in AoT when they are all in the room and Adria appears, then daniel and Vala look at each other.
                        Spoiler:
                        And that would be up in that top five too. What can I say? Hot, knowing glances is all it takes to make me a happy fruitcake. As previously stated...I'm easy to entertain

For everything you just said? LOL. Actually, I think AoT epitomizes part of what I love about them....their banter. I adored it in S9 and was sad to see it scaled back a bit in S10 (even if it needed to be in order for them to form a friendship). I think it's like MS said in a behind-the-scenes thing, that underneath all of that witty banter and antagonism, you really see that these two people care about each other and there's a depth of emotion there.

Conceptually, they shouldn't work as well as they do. I mean, Daniel tends to go for sweet girls...but Vala most certainly is not sweet. Good-hearted, sure. But perhaps that's what works so well, that this is kind of the reverse of the usual roles (sweet girl tries to change/reform bad boy). I think Vala breathes life into Daniel in a way that no other character can...and I think we see a more vulnerable side to Vala when she's with Daniel that nobody else is ever really able to bring out. That's what I've always loved about my favorite ships, that they balance each other out. That they bring out something good in the other person that nobody else can.

-Stef
                        I've actually never thought of it that way, but you're right, Stef. The banter was scaled back in s10, which is why i think most of my favorite episodes were in early s9. But I understand why it was done. Like you said, the friendship needed to be established, and with Vala's insecurities and worries about being part of the team and having her Ori child out there somewhere bent on galactic domination, she needed Daniel more as a friend rather than a combatant. Which is why I think I was soo happy with AoT.

Spoiler:
                        They really did manage to combine both the banter and the friendship so seemlessly. It only makes me look forward to seeing how they've worked out their relationship in Continuum and hopefully there on.

The second bolded part? I love how you stated that...kind of a sweet turn on the roles that are usually played out in most classic love stories. And they were able to do it in a way that made Vala so completely likeable... which can be hard to do when the woman is the 'bad girl.' I think the banter, and Daniel's reactions/interaction with her is responsible for that. It created that the balance for both the sexual tension and friendship. AoT certainly made sure to continue that lovely trend.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Is your keyboard covered in soda?
                          that is a very entertaining smiley -stares at it for hours-
                          Me= Easily amused

Comment

anybody there? -hums to self-

Comment

For a brief moment I thought the producers were giving a small nod to "Farscape" by overlaying a picture of Moya onto the screen, then I realized that I was giving the producers too much credit and surmised that it was most likely the bottom portion of Sam's cello. I like my idea better...
                              Moya? With a creepily smiling face? Sam's cello? With a creepily smiling face? You're reaching lambikins

Oh, gingersnap, I'm sorry that your complete and utter humiliation is so painful for you (and yet so deliciously wonderful for me).
                              Honeybuns, I think our pet names are influencing our other yummy vocabulary And can I just say that Janet Fraiser saying "Honeybuns" is one of the highlights of the entire series for me

*glares* I can't believe you just left!! It's only like...3:30am!! Come on, the night is young!!
                              I know! I'm getting old! I'm freakin' legal now! Next step: death.

Milena, I saw that too. Just thought it was a hallucination. So other people see the little alien too? hum?
                              LoL! You didn't even know where it came from? Well now we have to look at Unending with a magnifying glass

Originally posted by djay View Post
                              Hey guys!
                              Did anyone mention this new interview with CB? Found the link over at Stargate Solutions.
                              http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1219
                              Spoiler:
                              (Poor girl. Mind you, it explains why we will see so little of Vala in Continuum)

Djay
                              Hey Djay!! Long time no see! Yeah we saw that article Poor CB.

Originally posted by fluffypigeon View Post
                              *grin* Thanks Milena. I do love your little celebratory banners. They're all colorful and bouncy and stuff. And I am easily entertained
                              LoL, as am I

Originally posted by mrs.Jackson982 View Post
                              that is a very entertaining smiley -stares at it for hours-
                              Me= Easily amused
                              LoL, that's why you fit in so well here!
                              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Moya? With a creepily smiling face? Sam's cello? With a creepily smiling face? You're reaching lambikins

Honeybuns, I think our pet names are influencing our other yummy vocabulary And can I just say that Janet Fraiser saying "Honeybuns" is one of the highlights of the entire series for me
                                I didn't want to say anything, but I found/find your nicknames offensive. Just because I'm a woman you think you can call me "sweet bottom?" It's entirely inappropriate. Oh, and I suppose you're going to say you never called me "sweet bottom" well, maybe you didn't....but you were planning on it. I can read you like an open book with big font and pretty pictures!!

BTW, what episode was that?

Oh, and stop getting us all off-topic. Ha! I was about to do my Alice In Wonderland line again "let's talk of other things..." *shudders*

So, how bout them D/V scenes in AOT, huh? Pretty nice, right?

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X