No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, haven't caught up but I just read a passage in my studyage that I thought I would share with you all...D/V related I assure you

From the book Analyzing Cultures, Chapter 2: The Field of Cultural Semiotics:

"As Prometheus predicted in Aeschylus' great ancient drama Prometheus Bound, the capacity for lying has ensured that 'rulers would conquer and control not by strength, nor by violence, but by cunning.'" --made me think of Vala

And man were the PTB spot on in choosing that title for 8x12 or what? Okay, back to the book that isn't as achingly dull as I thought it was
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

So glad your dad's okay Susan, best wishes from me too. I'm off to work may be on later tonight, bye lovely Fruitcakes.

Banner by Stef
      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

OMG

*smashes head against concrete wall until blood leaks from ears*

I just spent the last FOREVER reading the dry Semiotics book that's not even due for tomorrow....the 108 pages of Sociology that I haven't looked at ARE due tomorrow however

Could somebody post that picture of Vala when she looks broken, right before she says "Not serious feelings." in Unending in the pre-rant? Cuz that's how I'm feeling...

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
          Just got in from the hospital and everyone here is in bed. I appreciate all the thoughts all of you have had for me and my family. Also thanks to those that sent their messages by PM. My Dad had a blockage in one of his arteries but they cleared it today. Yesterday he had to be taken to the hospital after passing out from dehydration but when the doctor's were checking his heart they found the blockage. It is good that this happened before he had a heart attack. Some things work out for good. He will stay in ICU for another day, then to a room, then he will be glad to get back home.
          Oh gosh, what is going on this week with our parents? Sorry to hear about yuor dad's problems, but I'm glad to see that something good came out of it My thoughts are with your family.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
          From the book Analyzing Cultures, Chapter 2: The Field of Cultural Semiotics:

"As Prometheus predicted in Aeschylus' great ancient drama Prometheus Bound, the capacity for lying has ensured that 'rulers would conquer and control not by strength, nor by violence, but by cunning.'" --made me think of Vala

And man were the PTB spot on in choosing that title for 8x12 or what? Okay, back to the book that isn't as achingly dull as I thought it was
          Ha! And here I thought they just chose it because they wanted a cute play on words! Looks like some scholars among the SG-1 writers

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
          I just spent the last FOREVER reading the dry Semiotics book that's not even due for tomorrow....the 108 pages of Sociology that I haven't looked at ARE due tomorrow however

Could somebody post that picture of Vala when she looks broken, right before she says "Not serious feelings." in Unending in the pre-rant? Cuz that's how I'm feeling...

Oh, I know your pain! I used to do that all of the time...or I'd gamble and pick one thing and hope that was the one that I would be quizzed on. I usually guessed right, but sometimes I wouldn't...and boy did that hurt! I remember studying for a Psych exam all night and then getting to the class only to find out that she had pushed it back a week. Yes, I read it all...but I'm a last-minute studier and I am only able to retain thing for 24-hours But that sucks that is was something so dry and boring I steered clear of semiotics, business, and other really dry topics (for me). I'm much more of a theories person...better at remembering abstract ideas and applying them to things (or remembering symptoms for mental illnesses...that was a strength).

So I was just watching Eureka and did anyone else think it was funny when MS' character mentioned Atlantis (or even Babylon)? I was like "You've been there!" Plus, he was obsessed with history...sounds familiar! Wow, I'm such a geek.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            ....no....

Just saw a little snippet of MS on Eureka. Oh. My. Sweet. Lord. It was better than I imagined it to be. Ah, he was just standing there being smug and arrogant...and then he climbed a ladder. Clearly the people behind Eureka know what we want (unlike the makers of Megasnake). Can't wait to watch the rest of it at 12:30am when it repeats--I was watching "Reaper" during the original airing at 9pm.

So, my dad has just bribed me into cleaning the basement for tomorrow with promise of a season of a show. Ha! I was going to do it for free...but since he offered...what should I get? I'm thinking Farscape: Seasons 3 or 4, but not sure.
            -Stef
            Same here Stef, I only caught a few minutes because Bones was on and I've been going crazy waiting for it. My LJ is proof of that, I made an entry and completely regressed into teenage fangirl mode.
            You're my hero I had no clue they'd be showing Eureka again tonight.

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
            Just got in from the hospital and everyone here is in bed. I appreciate all the thoughts all of you have had for me and my family. Also thanks to those that sent their messages by PM. My Dad had a blockage in one of his arteries but they cleared it today. Yesterday he had to be taken to the hospital after passing out from dehydration but when the doctor's were checking his heart they found the blockage. It is good that this happened before he had a heart attack. Some things work out for good. He will stay in ICU for another day, then to a room, then he will be glad to get back home.

Ren, you know what I am going though because of your father's time in the hospital. How is your father doing?
            *hug*
            I'm so glad they found the blockage before it caused a heart attack, I hope he's feeling better soon. Other than that, how is his health now?

We're all back at home now. My dad went through a bunch of scans and tests, had a colonoscopy and a few other things that sounded vastly unpleasant- and after all of that the doctors could only say an appendectomy would have a 50/50 chance of stopping the pain. He decided he didn't like those odds, and since surgery was the only thing they could recommend, we're going to try some natural remedies and see how it goes.
            Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

*Hugs to Susan ( I got that right, right?) and Odakota (I'm sorry, I can't remember....)*

I need a teeny bit of help.... for any French speaking/writing folks out there....

reason d'etra... I know what it means but have I spelt it right???? I know there's supposed to be a ^ on the top of the e after the d' but I have no idea how to do that....

Really, it's on topic... it's for a fic...lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                Same here Stef, I only caught a few minutes because Bones was on and I've been going crazy waiting for it. My LJ is proof of that, I made an entry and completely regressed into teenage fangirl mode.
                You're my hero I had no clue they'd be showing Eureka again tonight.
                Ha! Wait, you like...write entries in your LJ? I treat it more as a website than a blog. I guess I figured nobody would want to read my rantings on movies and TV shows...even if I enjoy reading theirs Mostly because mine go on and on...and are fairly random. I like to write down the first thing that comes into my head most of the time (I think we all know that by now).

Glad I could alert you! Yes, SF always replays their line-up

We're all back at home now. My dad went through a bunch of scans and tests, had a colonoscopy and a few other things that sounded vastly unpleasant- and after all of that the doctors could only say an appendectomy would have a 50/50 chance of stopping the pain. He decided he didn't like those odds, and since surgery was the only thing they could recommend, we're going to try some natural remedies and see how it goes.
                Wow, that sucks There's nothing worse than when the doctor can't figure out what's wrong with you! I hope he finds something to help with the pain though

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ha! Wait, you like...write entries in your LJ? I treat it more as a website than a blog. I guess I figured nobody would want to read my rantings on movies and TV shows...even if I enjoy reading theirs Mostly because mine go on and on...and are fairly random. I like to write down the first thing that comes into my head most of the time (I think we all know that by now).

-Stef
                  I never did at first either but then recently I started to. I like to babble and as no one around me listens when I begin my Stargate or Farscape babblings I thought I"d post. Plus sometimes it's stuff I want to say but can't or feels good to get down somewhere.... Yeah, I know, I"m wierd, crazy etc...

On that note, are there any D/V communities on LJ? Are there any specific fic communities?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, there's THE D/V community where I go to find my fics/art/etc which is located HERE. Not sure about other sites...I mostly stick to D/V and maybe some C/S every now and then.

EDIT: Is it wrong that I have a desperate desire to change the heading on the D/V LJ? It's not bad or anything...I just want a new one

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                      *Hugs to Susan ( I got that right, right?) and Odakota (I'm sorry, I can't remember....)*

I need a teeny bit of help.... for any French speaking/writing folks out there....

reason d'etra... I know what it means but have I spelt it right???? I know there's supposed to be a ^ on the top of the e after the d' but I have no idea how to do that....

*grin*
                      I'm Ren. Or Renny, or about 350 other nicknames my friends have dropped on me at one point or another lol.

Glad I could alert you! Yes, SF always replays their line-up

Wow, that sucks There's nothing worse than when the doctor can't figure out what's wrong with you! I hope he finds something to help with the pain though

-Stef
                      *gigglesnort*
                      I know! Imagine that. I always post long rambly episode summaries I guess. A couple of my friends live in other countries and have to wait a long time for episodes to show. So I go on on and about them in typically random fashion

Yeah.. I'm thinking we really need House right about now..
                      Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                      Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

*gigglesnort*
                        I know! Imagine that. I always post long rambly episode summaries I guess. A couple of my friends live in other countries and have to wait a long time for episodes to show. So I go on on and about them in typically random fashion

Yeah.. I'm thinking we really need House right about now..
                        Good to know I'm not the only rambler in the thread Ah, HOUSE! That's what I forgot to watch tonight. Darn it! Must try to find it...through other means...

-Stef

Comment

Thanks Stef. Added it.

Anyone bored? I'm looking through my icons on LJ and have none that are for Daniel or D/V. Coupla J/A, C/V, S/J and a bunch that are just pics of mine.... I was gonna wait until I got the lappy back but I have no idea on how long that's going to be and this thing is too old and stupid for me to even bother trying....
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know your pain! I used to do that all of the time...or I'd gamble and pick one thing and hope that was the one that I would be quizzed on. I usually guessed right, but sometimes I wouldn't...and boy did that hurt! I remember studying for a Psych exam all night and then getting to the class only to find out that she had pushed it back a week. Yes, I read it all...but I'm a last-minute studier and I am only able to retain thing for 24-hours But that sucks that is was something so dry and boring I steered clear of semiotics, business, and other really dry topics (for me). I'm much more of a theories person...better at remembering abstract ideas and applying them to things (or remembering symptoms for mental illnesses...that was a strength).
                            Thanks Stef! That's the pic of despair I think I'm getting nauseous from speed-reading, is that even possible?

Well that really sucks but lots of natural remedies end up working really well so here's hoping for you!

Here you go Toomi, courtesy of my Canadian keyboard Raison d'être. The reason for existence...which would be D/V

On that note, are there any D/V communities on LJ? Are there any specific fic communities?
                            There sure-diddly-are...wow...mid-morning speed-reading has turned me into Ned Flanders *shudders*

Daniel&Vala Livejournal Community

That's the best one I know...and by 'best' I mean the only one I know but it's pretty great. Mostly good to great fic quality can be found there as opposed to FF.net

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Thanks Stef. Added it.

Anyone bored? I'm looking through my icons on LJ and have none that are for Daniel or D/V. Coupla J/A, C/V, S/J and a bunch that are just pics of mine.... I was gonna wait until I got the lappy back but I have no idea on how long that's going to be and this thing is too old and stupid for me to even bother trying....
                              Is that a subtle hint to get me to make some? LOL. I'm actually in need of new ones myself...when and if I manage to finish cleaning up this basement, I'll head back up to my computer...I could easily make extras for you to chose from if you like

-Stef

Comment

Is that a subtle hint to get me to make some? LOL. I'm actually in need of new ones myself...when and if I manage to finish cleaning up this basement, I'll head back up to my computer...I could easily make extras for you to chose from if you like

-Stef
                                No, not a subtle hint, just if anyone has any they aren't using and fancy posting them and don't mind me snurching. If you happen to make some and end up making some extra and don't mind me snurching, then by all means. I just find myself clicking on the J/A icon when I post a D/V fic so have stopped using icons coz I get myself confused...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X