Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
    <sigh>...ya know anytime I go wandering thru those threads the same name is always appearing(ya'll know which one I refer to, so we don't have to actually type it out loud) waxing on and on about the loss of Sam and Daniel's friendship and making a big to-do about how she's so sad that almost everyone except her thinks that Sam and Daniel will always be just sister and brother...<sigh>really does become quite tiresome...anyway beyond that the attitude(and not just her's, it seems to be the same with almost anyone is Pro S/D and Anti-D/V) seems to be that the only legitimate Daniel is pre-S6...after descension he just isn't Daniel anymore because all of a sudden he isn't the young, naive archeologist but gradually takes on a more military stance...and yeah the stuff that excites young Daniel fascinates me too, BUT how would it be possible for someone to work in that environment with those people day in and day out for 5 years and NOT be changed somehow...I wonder how the people who can't handle the change in him, handle things and people changing in their own lives???????
    So their biggest problem with D/V always appears to be that <gasp>their pre-S6 Daniel(the supposedly only true Daniel) would NEVER be attracted to Vala...she would throw him for a loop...which is true she would...and to a certain extent even in post-S6 Daniel there are glimpses of pre-S6 Daniel because at times he still doesn't know what to make of her...especially in S9.

Lately I've been reading all those weird little relationship/dating articles that come up on MSN and Yahoo...sorta like research for the pieces of my 'Lifetime' series...and I read an interesting one about what attracts a guy...the one item that really twigged D/V wise for me was "challenges him"'...lol...oh yeah big time, from the get go she challenged him...to...to be the leader he could be?...because certainly in S10 I see him as having a more overt leadership role in the team...Cam might be the military leader, but Daniel is almost the leader beyond that.
    I think what I'm trying to say is that basically they don't like Vala because she represents the changes in Daniel that they don't like.
    And look I rambled AGAIN instead of inputting the next two sections of 'first day' into 'alldaniel'.
    night
    LC
    I love your rambles LC, so keep them coming

You know what gets me about the people saying that Daniel isn't the same and blah, blah, blah, well, I would like to see them die, ascend, decend and still be the same person. There have been so many life altering events for Daniel that it would be impossible for him to be the bright eyed archeologist that he was at the beginning.

I agree that she challenges him, but he also challenges her. They really are a great balance for each other and have a great dynamic.
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
      Just saw the cover art for Stargate Atlantis season 3:

WTF?? They can fit five characters on Atlantis but not on SG1 with Vala included?!!!
      Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Not happy.

DJAY
      I agree.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Oh, we know that they could fit her in if they wanted. I did! They were just lazy. Which makes it all the worse.

-Stef
      That they were....

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
      Okay everyone....here is my first attempt at using Photoshop

Fits in perfectly with There'sDay
      Awesome!
      sigpic
      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/lobster2.jpg

Novice, indeed! You did a fantastic job! (Watch out though. It's addictive!)

DJAY
        (who actually went to work today and did some REAL work!)
        He's her Lobster!
        LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Novice, indeed! You did a fantastic job! (Watch out though. It's addictive!)

DJAY
          (who actually went to work today and did some REAL work!)
          It is extremely addictive. I have made a total of 4 this evening

This one is going to be my new sig for a while(because I am changing my sig all the time...LOL)

Last edited by DJgirl; 12 July 2007, 08:44 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

The changes in Daniel are inevitable because of the life experiences he has had in the last ten years.
            To compare- look at Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. An innocent farm boy in the original movie to the Jedi Knight he became by the end of Return of the Jedi. Not the same person at all.

Life changes people and we grow and adapt with the events that we face and overcome. It's called character development.

Some people are just resistant to change.
            (I like this quote about change:
            "Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.")

DJAY
            He's her Lobster!

Comment

Oh, that is cool! What effect did u use?

DJAY

Edit: Can u post the other ones?
              He's her Lobster!

Comment

Oh, that is cool! What effect did u use?

DJAY

Edit: Can u post the other ones?
                I used the negative of the picture for 3 of them. Then I just adjusted the birghtness on the other four to very light. Then I used the marble effect over top and changed the color gradient to the blue and greens. Wow after writing it out, it sounds so much simpler then it really was

Sure I can post the other 2 that I made tonight

Spoilers because one if OT...
                Spoiler:

This one only took me 10 minutes, and it shows!

sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

The changes in Daniel are inevitable because of the life experiences he has had in the last ten years.
                  To compare- look at Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. An innocent farm boy in the original movie to the Jedi Knight he became by the end of Return of the Jedi. Not the same person at all.

Life changes people and we grow and adapt with the events that we face and overcome. It's called character development.

DJAY
                  at the Quote!!

I think the character development is what makes the whole show. So many tv shows keep characters exactly the same(or take them to the extreme, Kelly Bundy, Married With Children: Joey from Friends) that is makes it no fun to watch the shows. All the characters in SG-1 have had very realistic developments over the years. I think it felt natural for all of them, and Daniel most of all. Let's face it, most of the really bad stuff has happened to him over the years!

I liked your comparison of Daniel to Luke. They are very similar in the change over the years!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Great first attempt. You're getting a arty girl

<sigh>...ya know anytime I go wandering thru those threads the same name is always appearing(ya'll know which one I refer to, so we don't have to actually type it out loud) waxing on and on about the loss of Sam and Daniel's friendship and making a big to-do about how she's so sad that almost everyone except her thinks that Sam and Daniel will always be just sister and brother...<sigh>really does become quite tiresome...anyway beyond that the attitude(and not just her's, it seems to be the same with almost anyone is Pro S/D and Anti-D/V) seems to be that the only legitimate Daniel is pre-S6...after descension he just isn't Daniel anymore because all of a sudden he isn't the young, naive archeologist but gradually takes on a more military stance...and yeah the stuff that excites young Daniel fascinates me too, BUT how would it be possible for someone to work in that environment with those people day in and day out for 5 years and NOT be changed somehow...I wonder how the people who can't handle the change in him, handle things and people changing in their own lives???????
                    So their biggest problem with D/V always appears to be that <gasp>their pre-S6 Daniel(the supposedly only true Daniel) would NEVER be attracted to Vala...she would throw him for a loop...which is true she would...and to a certain extent even in post-S6 Daniel there are glimpses of pre-S6 Daniel because at times he still doesn't know what to make of her...especially in S9.
                    Dear, I love your ramblings. You're very good at ramblind
                    I'm %100 with you. Their(not just one person, it's all like train wagoon, people jumped right into it) accussations about S/D friendship and supposedly why it was ruined(because of D/V) are ridicilious at best. It's so tiresome, because they keep saying basicly the same things every damn thread.

But I don't wanna make my awesome thread full with out of topic discussion, so for now this is the last time I'm talking about them here.

You know what gets me about the people saying that Daniel isn't the same and blah, blah, blah, well, I would like to see them die, ascend, decend and still be the same person. There have been so many life altering events for Daniel that it would be impossible for him to be the bright eyed archeologist that he was at the beginning.
                    Yeah, changing is a natural path of growing-up. Whether you like or not.As I said before the bright eyed, geeky archeologist was cute and fun but after all things who can blame him being more cynical, more jaded, more haunted. If he had stayed in the same way, that would have been some unbelievable.

DJAY
                    Great comparision, djay.
                    But I'm remembering Luke's whining to Obi-Wan when he said he needed his help ANH. lol, silly farm boy
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      (even more than my personal fav "Farscape" video "Fix You" that I sent her a link to!).
                      Ok why haven't I seen that vid yet?! I need a link too because I couldn't find it on YouTube or through Google.

Lately I've been reading all those weird little relationship/dating articles that come up on MSN and Yahoo...sorta like research for the pieces of my 'Lifetime' series...and I read an interesting one about what attracts a guy...the one item that really twigged D/V wise for me was "challenges him"'...lol...oh yeah big time, from the get go she challenged him...to...to be the leader he could be?...because certainly in S10 I see him as having a more overt leadership role in the team...Cam might be the military leader, but Daniel is almost the leader beyond that.
                      I think what I'm trying to say is that basically they don't like Vala because she represents the changes in Daniel that they don't like.
                      And look I rambled AGAIN instead of inputting the next two sections of 'first day' into 'alldaniel'.
                      night
                      LC
                      I know exactly who you're talking about and agree 100% with your sentiments. Daniel is not the same and FYI it's not Vala's fault. Quit trying to blame his change on a character and try looking at the writers and if it really bothers you that much...STOP WATCHING THE SHOW!

DJAY
                      Very well said DJay! Luke is a perfect example.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
                        Ok why haven't I seen that vid yet?! I need a link too because I couldn't find it on YouTube or through Google.
                        Not sure if this is the same video but I found it at the Stargate Community site. Great song.

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/Med...emId=42594&p=0

DJAY
                        He's her Lobster!

Comment

It's interesting when we start disecting our favourite ships. Many of us also ship John/Aeryn and that "Fix You" video just reminded me how they, like Daniel and Vala, come into the relationship full of flaws and insecurities.
                          I/we seem to be drawn to disfunctional couples!

PS That video of John dying is sooooo sad it makes me kind of hope for...(spoilers for the movies)
                          Spoiler:
                          A Qetesh/alternate Vala death just to put Daniel through that kind of angst. So he will appreciate his Vala when he returns to the present timeline! I'm EVIL!

DJAY
                          He's her Lobster!

Comment

oooh it's been ages when I came into this threat! the pond and the lounge have controll over me! ha how's everyone doing in here any of the shippers gonna be in chicago ?

Comment

(spoilers for the movies)
                              Spoiler:
                              A Qetesh/alternate Vala death just to put Daniel through that kind of angst. So he will appreciate his Vala when he returns to the present timeline! I'm EVIL!

DJAY
                              Hah! Truthfully, I'm secretly waiting a scene like this in Continuum.
                              It would be awesome!

Pic run.(Thanks to my fellow queen)
                              Spoiler:

(her smile adorable)

(leather pants!! Yay!!)

(bad*** Vala! Go!)

(She's a goddess)

(Lol!! It's been a while since we saw her sprawled on his workbench. It's hilarious. Look at her legs)

(Here comes spanking)

(Andd she sat on on his workbench)

(And I adore this scene. I'm %100 sure that she shook her buttom too while she was talking. It's fan-freaking-tastic.)

(She's a tease)

Wendy, thank you so much again, for letting me use your pics. I'm soo loving this
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Ok, I've just finished capping Avalon today. So I'll share a few pics too:

Spoiler:

DJAY
                                Last edited by djay; 13 July 2007, 03:10 AM.
                                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Working...
                                X