No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know how you forget how much you like songs? Then you listen to them again and remember exactly how good they were? I was listening to random songs and came across this one, think it fits Vala and it's so heart-wrenching... tagged for lyrics.

Spoiler:

Fleetwood Mac, Landslide

I took my love, I took it down
    Climbed a mountain and I turned around
    I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
    till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
    What is love
    Can the child within my heart rise above
    Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
    Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing
    'cause I've built my life around you
    But time makes you bolder
    Children get older
    Im getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
    Climb a mountain and turn around
    If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
    Well the landslide will bring it down

If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
    Well maybe the landslide will bring it down

And the listen links ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6WHvxTYHs for the live version, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYqXwHOWs4 for the recorded version.

I just love Stevie Nicks' voice so much. PS, I checked if a leyton vid had been made and I don't think so, lol! Fleetwood Mac must be a little too not-of-the-moment or something However there has been a Naley one Seriously, has this show been vidded for every single song???

kay x

Comment

I love that song, Kales...and the amount of other artist that have done covers of it show what a classic it is. For a long time, I thought that song was by the Dixie Chicks, because that was who I heard it by first

Anyway, I also read your fic, and I loved it! But I certainly wouldn't complain about reading a new or different version of

Spoiler:
      the morning after

All Images Made By Hopalong

Comment

Originally posted by ObsessiveShip View Post
        I love that song, Kales...and the amount of other artist that have done covers of it show what a classic it is. For a long time, I thought that song was by the Dixie Chicks, because that was who I heard it by first

Anyway, I also read your fic, and I loved it! But I certainly wouldn't complain about reading a new or different version of

Spoiler:
        the morning after

ooh I've heard the Dixie Chick's version, was good even if they did sing almost the whole thing in harmony And far less objectionable than the horrible (no offense meant, JIMO) Smashing Pumpkins version. Yes, I know, I'm a rock fan, lol. But some people aren't meant to sing *cough, growlmuttershoutruin, cough* some songs.

Hehehehe... I'd love to see someone else's take of it *is that a Hint! I spy there? Why yes, Captain, it is! Onscreen, fan army!*

^ can you tell these census records are boring me now...?

Oh well. On topic and in the aim of discussion-sparking...
        Ark of Truth
        Spoiler:

Can I just throw something out here? I know Tomin's marriage to Vala ... Tomin's existence *did I say that out loud?* ... might be seen as a barrier to DV, but honestly, I haven't felt that way since Flesh and Blood.

I guess this is where people's religious views might kick in, so I hope I don't offend, but generally speaking, as a society, we don't hold estranged couples as immoral if they move on prior to divorce. He chooses the Ori over Vala, or she chooses SG-1/anywhere else over him, and although in Line in the Sand he seems to still love her ... Well, there seems to be a recognition there of how impossible their situation is should it have been mutual, which she makes clear it certainly isn't now, especially with the clarity with which they state that Tomin's issue with Origin is in the interpretation by warmongering Priors (wow, how topical...) and not with Origin itself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would class them as estranged and don't really see it as an obstacle. Maeve, ... and everyone else... what do you think?

Oh and a small question of less discursive nature:
        Do we want them to release each other from vows or him to die? Personally, I like him and think he's a surprisingly sympathetic character, so would prefer for them to agree it's over and him to go home to piece together his galaxy without the Ori and for her to move on... to Daniel, clealry

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
          ooh I've heard the Dixie Chick's version, was good even if they did sing almost the whole thing in harmony And far less objectionable than the horrible (no offense meant, JIMO) Smashing Pumpkins version. Yes, I know, I'm a rock fan, lol. But some people aren't meant to sing *cough, growlmuttershoutruin, cough* some songs.

Hehehehe... I'd love to see someone else's take of it *is that a Hint! I spy there? Why yes, Captain, it is! Onscreen, fan army!*

Ark of Truth
          Spoiler:

Can I just throw something out here? I know Tomin's marriage to Vala ... Tomin's existence *did I say that out loud?* ... might be seen as a barrier to DV, but honestly, I haven't felt that way since Flesh and Blood.

I guess this is where people's religious views might kick in, so I hope I don't offend, but generally speaking, as a society, we don't hold estranged couples as immoral if they move on prior to divorce. He chooses the Ori over Vala, or she chooses SG-1/anywhere else over him, and although in Line in the Sand he seems to still love her ... Well, there seems to be a recognition there of how impossible their situation is should it have been mutual, which she makes clear it certainly isn't now, especially with the clarity with which they state that Tomin's issue with Origin is in the interpretation by warmongering Priors (wow, how topical...) and not with Origin itself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would class them as estranged and don't really see it as an obstacle. Maeve, ... and everyone else... what do you think?

Do we want them to release each other from vows or him to die? Personally, I like him and think he's a surprisingly sympathetic character, so would prefer for them to agree it's over and him to go home to piece together his galaxy without the Ori and for her to move on... to Daniel, clealry

kay x

basic plot from ark of truth and line in the sand spoilers
          Spoiler:

I think their marriage has been over since he chose to fight for the Ori. Up until Line In the Sand, it was pretty obvious where the marriage stood, but of course with his actions at the end of LITS, there might be some possible rekindling there. I think Vala really does love Tomin, but its a different love than what she has for Daniel, and I'm really looking forward to AOT so that we can see some Daniel jealousy.

As far as Tomin dying, I think that would be bad. If he died, she'd have a mourning period that Daniel would think her untouchable, and I'd much rather he live and go back home with her being the one to end things so that we can see some Dala snogging!
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I'm not sure if they are spoilerish but tagged anyway
            Spoiler:
            Well, to me this marriage means nothing. Nada. Zero. She got married because she had to. As for the promises there are promises of Ori blief. For Vala they have to mean nothing. I guess i'm looking them like a divorced couple, nothing more.
            And I still don't forget how he did leave her at the altar for three days while he was believing that she was pregnant with his child.
            And i think he loves Vala but not the real Vala. I mean he knows nothing about her or her past. He loves only the woman Vala acted. and that Vala is not her.
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

I have been thinking about the movies and some of the plots I have read about them as it pertains to D&V. Spoilers and speculation for both movies
              Spoiler:
              I wasn't happy about Tomin comming back for the first movie but if it will help resolve Vala's marriage to him so she can be with Daniel I am all for it. I was thinking if Tomin dies protecting SG-1 and Vala is upset Daniel will see that she has geniune feelings and will confort her and maybe they could address their feelings now that Tomin is out of the way and Daniel will see it is not a game for her. For the second movie I was thinking D&V together in this timeline for real and then when Teal'c and Vala disappear cuz of Baal messing with time I have read that Vala will be Qetesh Baal's queen well we know that SG-1 must try to set it right well I was thinking this could make it full circle for Daniel because you know he was devasted by the loss of Sha're but if he get's Vala back it would make it better because he saved her unlike Sha're and bring it full circle he would save his wife just his second one.

I am working on fan fiction but I am not sure if I could NC-17 for my first one.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Ark of Truth
                Spoiler:

kay x
                My Thoughts...
                Spoiler:
                I think that the kiss at the end of LITS was the end of their marriage. He even said good-bye to her(if I remember correctly). He didn't know if he would live or not, and I think that was to signify that it was okay for her to move on and live her life. In those moments, I think he relieved her of their vows.

The movie will be an interesting dynamic to see what they do when he comes back. I really want a very jealous Daniel...to the point of another rant so he can realize just how much he loves her....then there can be some snoggin'
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  I have been thinking about the movies and some of the plots I have read about them as it pertains to D&V. Spoilers and speculation for both movies
                  Spoiler:
                  I wasn't happy about Tomin comming back for the first movie but if it will help resolve Vala's marriage to him so she can be with Daniel I am all for it. I was thinking if Tomin dies protecting SG-1 and Vala is upset Daniel will see that she has geniune feelings and will confort her and maybe they could address their feelings now that Tomin is out of the way and Daniel will see it is not a game for her. For the second movie I was thinking D&V together in this timeline for real and then when Teal'c and Vala disappear cuz of Baal messing with time I have read that Vala will be Qetesh Baal's queen well we know that SG-1 must try to set it right well I was thinking this could make it full circle for Daniel because you know he was devasted by the loss of Sha're but if he get's Vala back it would make it better because he saved her unlike Sha're and bring it full circle he would save his wife just his second one.

I am working on fan fiction but I am not sure if I could NC-17 for my first one.
                  Nice ideas poundpuppy...
                  Spoiler:
                  I didn't even think about him coming full circle. That would make for a great ending to the movie. Him saving the woman he loves from the clutches of the Gou'ald.

Well whenever you are done with your fic(no matter what the rating), I know I will want to read it
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    Yay!! I hope it will be NC-17
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Comment

DJgirl, ITA
                      Spoiler:

I was thinking along the lines of LITS being the end of their marriage ...[EDIT for clarification: LITS being confirmation that it was over, but Flesh and Blood being where it stopped impacting Vala's actions i.e. faithfulness, since they basically both choose something else over the other.]

Do we think it was for Vala at least? She didn't know whether he was alive or not, after all. If so, it would be interesting to see how she would react to him appearing back in AOT.

Poundpuppy, can't wait to read it! And LC mentioned doing one as well... *grins at thought of all that fanfic goodness*

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                        My Thoughts...
                        Spoiler:

The movie will be an interesting dynamic to see what they do when he comes back. I really want a very jealous Daniel...to the point of another rant so he can realize just how much he loves her....then there can be some snoggin'
                        Spoiler:
                        I have my doubts. I'd like to see a jealous Daniel but i dont think that's gonna happen. I think at best they will kill him at the Ori Galaxy while he's protecting the team or Vala. I would be more happy if he didn't show up, i guess..
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by Stef

Comment

DJgirl, ITA
                          Spoiler:

I was thinking along the lines of LITS being the end of their marriage essentially.

Do we think it was for Vala at least? She didn't know whether he was alive or not, after all. If so, it would be interesting to see how she would react to him appearing back in AOT.

kay x
                          Spoiler:
                          I do think it was for Vala as well. I think she was just using Tomin as an excuse in Bounty. She wasn't ready to admit that she had feelings for a another certain Hottie! There are way too many longing looks from Vala geared at Daniel for her to think that her marriage was still there.(I hope this makes sense)
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I have my doubts. I'd like to see a jealous Daniel but i dont think that's gonna happen. I think at best they will kill him at the Ori Galaxy while he's protecting the team or Vala. I would be more happy if he didn't show up, i guess..
                            AOT/LITS
                            Spoiler:

I also don't think we're going to get a jealous Daniel. And honestly, I don't want to see a jealous Daniel in this one.

AOT: I would like to see a caring Daniel as in Dominion, knowing when things are upsetting her even if she's in denial, and knowing that even when her head is saying there's no link or no reason, she's still upset. Also, it'd be nice if she opened up a bit and let him know she was affected by the whole Tomin thing, meaning there would be a progression between the Dominion conversation and that one.

Continuum: Now this one I also want to see a full circle for Daniel, in the sense of Sha're/Janet/Osiris refs in that he couldn't save them from the goa'uld or he saved Sarah, but she was lost to him anyway, but in saving Vala he comes full circle against the goa'uld. AND I think we have more potential for jealous or outraged Daniel in this one - thinking here about Intruders, where Katesh and Baal clearly have a history - and how that would play out. I.e. I'd really love for Daniel to either go pale or go very angry when Baal makes some form of move on Katesh, because that's still Vala's body and she cannot be happy about that and she can't do anything about it, a little like his hatred for Apophis and his reaction to Sha're's pregnancy in Secrets.

kay x

Comment

AOT/LITS
                              Spoiler:

I also don't think we're going to get a jealous Daniel. And honestly, I don't want to see a jealous Daniel in this one.

AOT: I would like to see a caring Daniel as in Dominion, knowing when things are upsetting her even if she's in denial, and knowing that even when her head is saying there's no link or no reason, she's still upset. Also, it'd be nice if she opened up a bit and let him know she was affected by the whole Tomin thing, meaning there would be a progression between the Dominion conversation and that one.

Continuum: Now this one I also want to see a full circle for Daniel, in the sense of Sha're/Janet/Osiris refs in that he couldn't save them from the goa'uld or he saved Sarah, but she was lost to him anyway, but in saving Vala he comes full circle against the goa'uld. AND I think we have more potential for jealous or outraged Daniel in this one - thinking here about Intruders, where Katesh and Baal clearly have a history - and how that would play out. I.e. I'd really love for Daniel to either go pale or go very angry when Baal makes some form of move on Katesh, because that's still Vala's body and she cannot be happy about that and she can't do anything about it, a little like his hatred for Apophis and his reaction to Sha're's pregnancy in Secrets.

kay x
                              Interesting...
                              Spoiler:
                              Very interesting Kales! That might make for a better jealousy senario. I didn't even think about Ba'al putting the moves on Vala/Katesh.

Everyone is bringing up some great ideas and thoughts today. It really has me thinking now
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I do think it was for Vala as well. I think she was just using Tomin as an excuse in Bounty. She wasn't ready to admit that she had feelings for a another certain Hottie! There are way too many longing looks from Vala geared at Daniel for her to think that her marriage was still there.(I hope this makes sense)
                                Bounty/Unending
                                Spoiler:

I agree with this as well. The fact that she makes the first move, albeit clumsily, in Unending and the seriousness in the way she throws herself out there in "Something we should have done a long time ago" suggests she knew long before Daniel that she had significant feelings for him.

In fact, i think the fact that she was so clumsy about it - inadvertantly giving the wrong impression - was because it meant so much to her. I mean, she was a thief for a living and seduced items out of men BY convincing them of deep feelings and trust. So the fact that she falls back on so direct and unsubtle a method of seduction says she's trying to be genuine and sincere for once, but isn't quite sure of how.

Are we writing off the end of Bounty, when Cam asks about how many times she's been married, as another time when she lies or makes it up for the sake of amusement? Because if she's been married for convenience loads of times, it would make her marriage to Tomin a lot less significant. Or maybe not, since before it was personal gain and this time he actually showed her kindness: Crusade: "One of the kindest, gentlest men I have ever known." I mean, the thought of him being corrupted makes her cry.

kay x

PS. EDIT: Padfoot, *waves* hello!

Comment

Working...
                                X