No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love nicknames but it has to suit the character. I love Vala's use of "Muscles" and BB's "Sunshine" and "Sparky" (Farscape), Sawyer's "Freckles" (Lost)
    When it works it works, when it doesn't...well, some of the nicknames Daniel has gives to Vala in fanfic just make me laugh too!
    Daniel doesn't seem to be the nicknaming type. He's too serious. But maybe in some playfull banter. You never know.

DJAY
    rambling...
    He's her Lobster!
    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Yet another Unending Missing scene here:

http://community.livejournal.com/dan...31.html#cutid1

Enjoy!

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Ok, Maeve. Now I'm Googling Egyptian dictionaries for terms of endearment!
        (I'm bored)
        And I gotta say, the Egyptian language is not the language of love!

How about these little gems?

Wife: Hemet
        Daniel: "Vala, will you be my Hemet?"
        Vala: "Yes! I would be so proud to be your Hemet!"
        (I don't think so!)

Love: Merwet
        Daniel: "Vala, I merwet you!"
        Vala: "I merwet you too, Daniel!"

(LOL!)
        DJAY
        He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
          (I'm bored)

(I don't think so!)

(LOL!)
          DJAY

That's because it is not our native language so it sounds odd to our ears. Also Egyptian phonology is different than English so the words are not interchangeable. Daniel would know this and probably use the Egyptian in completed thoughts. Egyptian is an Afro-Asiatic language and English is an Indo-European language so not in the remotly the same classification. (Sorry hubby is an ametur linguist and it has rubbed off on me.)

LC, I'm glad I could be of help.
          sigpic
          thanks Stef
          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

(I'm bored)

(I don't think so!)

(LOL!)
            DJAY
            <snort>...other than French I have problems with just about any other language he's supposed to know...I've done the online translation thing with Spanish(which isn't too bad), German(which is not good) Dutch(which is just as bad as German) etc...and since I have no idea about stuff like ancient Aramic etc. that's out.
            Ooo...Galahad?....can only hear it in jest...sorta the same way I hear 'goddess'.
            and <sigh> so I think it's Daniel or darling(anyone notice the last time she actually called him that?) or something similar.
            LC
            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
              <snort>...other than French I have problems with just about any other language he's supposed to know...I've done the online translation thing with Spanish(which isn't too bad), German(which is not good) Dutch(which is just as bad as German) etc...and since I have no idea about stuff like ancient Aramic etc. that's out.
              Ooo...Galahad?....can only hear it in jest...sorta the same way I hear 'goddess'.
              and <sigh> so I think it's Daniel or darling(anyone notice the last time she actually called him that?) or something similar.
              LC
              LOL! I think it would be darling from vala, although I can "hear" her call him Galahad to tease. daniel would probably call her vala or maybe "sweetheart".... he seems a sweetheart kind of guy!

Comment

Hey everybody,

Well, I've got some thank you's to write.

Hi Stef, it's good to feel at home here, and I have to say (once again), your latest vid is sooo good! I love Evanesence.

Hi djay, thanks for the friendly welcome BTW your wallpapers are awesome! Loved, loved, loved "Sacrifices" and "Adria" was beautiful too, she shoulda stayed 3 or 7 years old, those two little girls were so adorable!
                Oh and here's a somewhat OT question
                Spoiler:
                did the little girl that played 2 or 3yr old Adria also play a little girl from the bombed Jaffa village in Talion?

Hi Maevebran, thanks for the photobucket tip
                Hi giola, I like cookies especially chocolate chip!!

Hi DJgirl, thanks for the welcome =) I'll have to find a way to post my fic (if I can work up the courage to let you all see it) maybe I should get a livejournal account, you think?

Hi Isabel, your latest vignette was beautiful, pure poetry!!
                Hi Rach, <waving back> I like it so much here!!
                Hi iheartvala, this has got to be the best thread
                Hi LC, don't know what to say, you are a genius!! I had read "Shattered" about the same time as "first day" and while I also thought it was genius it was also so incredibly sad, not usually a place I like to go with D/V but it's still really, really good - very believable

So, I think I said 'hi' and 'thank you' to everyone. You all are really great people, I think I'm gonna have fun at the "cool kids' table"!!!

See ya tomorrow,
                Erin

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  did the little girl that played 2 or 3yr old Adria also play a little girl from the bombed Jaffa village in Talion?

Hi LC, don't know what to say, you are a genius!! I had read "Shattered" about the same time as "first day" and while I also thought it was genius it was also so incredibly sad, not usually a place I like to go with D/V but it's still really, really good - very believable.

See ya tomorrow,
                  Erin
                  WOW...I've never in my entire life been considered a 'cool kid' lol...thanks for that ego boost.
                  Yeah 'Shattered' isn't the way I usually go...altho some angst is always good to make the sap seem more vivid, but I saw that ending as a very real possibly and I just wanted to prepare people for the possibility.
                  Now after our discussion last week about who confesses their feelings first etc...I've reached another conclusion just as tragic as Vala dying....and I can so see TPTB going this route so they can get away with never giving us back the resolution of "Unending' because Daniel's reaction will be in character. He just shuts down completely because he can't face the possibility of losing her yet again.
                  And in answer to your OT question...I think yes it is...my husband even made that comment. I also think the guy that Teal'c threatens in the bar and then later has tied to the chair is the same guy that plays Tomin, but I just haven't had the time to check the cast list for that episode.
                  LC
                  sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                  http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

About your OT question, Erin.
                    I'm sure I read an interview somewhere that the girl originally cast for the young Adria could not perform on the day, so they hastily recast her with the grandaughter of one of the producers or something? Anyone else remember this story?

DJAY
                    He's her Lobster!

Comment

Here it is! Found it on Wiki!

Emma Rose is the daughter of Stargate SG-1 Executive Producer Robert C. Cooper and filled in as Adria when the young actress originally hired for the role froze during filming.

DJAY
                      Cool, huh!
                      He's her Lobster!

Comment

Anyone up for me sending them my very first little fic to read??? I have never written a fic before and am extremely self conscious and would like to have someone else read it before I post it for all the world to see!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
                          Yet another Unending Missing scene here:

http://community.livejournal.com/dan...31.html#cutid1

Enjoy!

Lisa Michelle
                          Awwwww, that brightened my mood
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

ErinB... WELCOME! Always glad to have a new face 'round here...

...and as Djay pointed out, yes some of us ARE closet Vala/Tomin shippers (er- myself included--- Vala needed that relationship to gain some perspective and responsibility which in turn helped her relationship with our dear Daniel!)
                            sigpic
                            Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                            |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Is there anyone out there who has a photobucket account of season ten caps that I would be able to use with my wallpapers? I would really appreciate it. ( I know of one website but I don't like to snurch without permission)
                              Please PM me if you would feel happy for me to borrow some.

DJAY
                              He's her Lobster!

Comment

(I don't think so!)

If I were drinking milk, it would have come out my nose right now!! I know Maeve said that it wasn't accurate linguistically, but I think it would be hilarious if someone actually wrote them saying that in a fic

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                                Hi Stef, it's good to feel at home here, and I have to say (once again), your latest vid is sooo good! I love Evanesence.

Hi djay, thanks for the friendly welcome BTW your wallpapers are awesome! Loved, loved, loved "Sacrifices" and "Adria" was beautiful too, she shoulda stayed 3 or 7 years old, those two little girls were so adorable!
                                Spoiler:

<snip>

So, I think I said 'hi' and 'thank you' to everyone. You all are really great people, I think I'm gonna have fun at the "cool kids' table"!!!
                                First off, thanks for the comment I was surprised when I realized I hadn't made any vids to Evanescence (I made a couple of banners with their lyrics though).

You know, my friend also asked me that question about "Talion." Having watched F&B 100 times now, I would say that it isn't the same girl.

Ha! "The cool kids table", that's certainly what we are...cool

Here it is! Found it on Wiki!

Emma Rose is the daughter of Stargate SG-1 Executive Producer Robert C. Cooper and filled in as Adria when the young actress originally hired for the role froze during filming.
                                Wait, I never knew that!! Are they talking about the cute little curly-haired girl who heals Vala or the one she gives the name to?

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                                ...and as Djay pointed out, yes some of us ARE closet Vala/Tomin shippers (er- myself included--- Vala needed that relationship to gain some perspective and responsibility which in turn helped her relationship with our dear Daniel!)
                                ITA! I love Tomin/Vala...there's a kind of "classic" aspect about them. This tragic relationship between two people who fall in love despite all of the obstacles between them. Tomin really helped her mature, and she kind of reawakened Tomin after years of isolation and loneliness. And I have to imagine that his role as Adria's stepfather helped him secure a position in the army. All of their scenes are just so great....and heartbreaking. I'm kind of looking forward to and dreading AoT at the same time.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm afraid that Tomin will die, will sacrifice himself for Vala. Which is good because then Vala can move on, but also sad because I don't want him to die!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X