No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now see, this is why I love you guys so much. Even when I make a vid that's for another ship/fandom, I still get wonderful feedback As any "artist" (and I use that term loosely), I appreciate opinions on what I do...it makes me know that people are actually watching my vids and/or viewing my wallpapers!

That was always the frustrating thing when I made vids for other ships or shows....I knew people were downloading my vids or saving my wallpapers, but nobody made a noise about either, which suggested one of two things to me: A) My vid/wallpaper was horrible and there was nothing good to say about it, B) My efforts weren't appreciated.

I mean, I'm not saying it takes me years to make these things, or that I am making some sort of great masterpiece, but sometimes I make vids and don't recieve a single comment. I'll tell you what, that can really destroy your morale, and keep you from venturing down that road again. Hence, why I stopped making SGA and BSG vids and now focus almost exclusively on DV. On YT, I had more comments in one day for some of my DV vids than I did in 6 months for others (ones with larger hit counts, mind you).

So, to summarize, you guys are AMAZING....and are the reason why I keep making these vids It's always nice to feel that what you do is appreciated, and this thread has always been appreciative of people's efforts. Whether it's someone's fanfic or a couple of icons, I can't remember the last time I saw someone's work go unnoticed without a compliment or a thank you. Let me tell you, that is a rare thing indeed.

Gosh, I'm gushing again!! I just wanted to let everyone know that even if you don't make icons or videos or write fics, you are still contributing something to this thread and, at least for me, you are one of the major reasons why I keep doing what I do (that, and an obsessive need to create!)

Oh, and I AM going to marry Nathan Fillion someday. That is all.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      -Stef
      Niiiice! Just slipped that in there. Hey since you started it...

I AM going to marry...oh who am I kidding...the first guy who proposes thats who. Dangit...all the ones I like are married.

And...uh...this ties in to D/V because...Nathan Fillion played Mal on Firefly who liked Innara played by Morena B-somthinsomethin who plays Adria on Stargate who is Vala's daughter who just wants to get into Daniels pants. I know its a long shot...
      sigpic
      by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Now see, this is why I love you guys so much. Even when I make a vid that's for another ship/fandom, I still get wonderful feedback As any "artist" (and I use that term loosely), I appreciate opinions on what I do...it makes me know that people are actually watching my vids and/or viewing my wallpapers!

That was always the frustrating thing when I made vids for other ships or shows....I knew people were downloading my vids or saving my wallpapers, but nobody made a noise about either, which suggested one of two things to me: A) My vid/wallpaper was horrible and there was nothing good to say about it, B) My efforts weren't appreciated.

I mean, I'm not saying it takes me years to make these things, or that I am making some sort of great masterpiece, but sometimes I make vids and don't recieve a single comment. I'll tell you what, that can really destroy your morale, and keep you from venturing down that road again. Hence, why I stopped making SGA and BSG vids and now focus almost exclusively on DV. On YT, I had more comments in one day for some of my DV vids than I did in 6 months for others (ones with larger hit counts, mind you).

So, to summarize, you guys are AMAZING....and are the reason why I keep making these vids It's always nice to feel that what you do is appreciated, and this thread has always been appreciative of people's efforts. Whether it's someone's fanfic or a couple of icons, I can't remember the last time I saw someone's work go unnoticed without a compliment or a thank you. Let me tell you, that is a rare thing indeed.

Gosh, I'm gushing again!! I just wanted to let everyone know that even if you don't make icons or videos or write fics, you are still contributing something to this thread and, at least for me, you are one of the major reasons why I keep doing what I do (that, and an obsessive need to create!)

-Stef
        I love your work I think I have all of your Wallpapers and Banners for D&V on my computer. I love Nathon Fillion too I remember him from One Life To Live as Joey and I loved him in 2 guys and a girl a t.v. show in the 90's.

Minx Monday well Vala was talking about being one here but Daniel was not amused
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Had a very busy day at the beach with my two nephews. Played video games, went on the bumper cars (twice! Haven't done that since high school!) and mistakenly went on the bumper BOATS only to end up SOAKED! But haven't had so much fun in ages! Felt like a kid again!

DJAY
          Ok, this it OT only because a day at the amuzement park would make a great DV fic!
          He's her Lobster!
          LTS: Life's too short

Comment

So, going through my music library again...and I found this song by The Fray that I think is wonderful for DV:
            Spoiler:

"All At Once"

There are certain people you just keep coming back to
            She is right in front of you
            You begin to wonder could you find a better one
            Compared to her now she's in question

And all at once the crowd begins to sing
            Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Maybe you want her maybe you need her
            Maybe you started to compare to someone not there

Looking for the right one you line up the world to find
            Where no questions cross your mind
            But she won't keep on waiting for you without a doubt
            Much longer for you to sort it out

Maybe you started to compare to someone not there
            Maybe you want it maybe you need it,
            Maybe it's all you're running from,
            Perfection will not come

Sometimes
            We'd never know what's wrong without the pain

Maybe you've started to compare to someone not there
            Maybe you want it maybe you need it
            Maybe it's all you're running from
            Perfection will not come

Maybe you had her maybe you lost her to another
            To another

Here's the song....it's a Jack/Kate vid from "Lost." But I chose to just ignore them (mostly because I hate Jack......and Kate)

I guess I'll just add that to my list of potential songs. Gosh, I have so many right now. Maybe I should just tell you guys and you can pick one

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

A few Minxy Monday caps before I go...

Night all!!

-Stef

Comment

Mornin' campers!!

welcome piratebijjy

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                Just dropping off the latest Domino Motion before bed:
                (15 losing the world)
                Another nice update!! Thank you, sweety

Originally posted by djay View Post
                More videos?? Eeeek! Oh well, looks like I'm gonna run out of download MBs this month again!

DJAY
                Same here with me. fortunately at work we don't have any quota thing:d

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                Well it wasn't exactly meant as a rant Gioia,
                Spoiler:
                I was just pointing all those strange conversations/exchanges in the rest of S10 that I thought stemmed from that one comment in 'Shroud'

And yeah they definitely need to have serious conversation...hmm...maybe I can fit that into the 3rd section of my '...those who wait' fiction.
                LC
                Ohh, I didn't mean it as if you're bubbling some senseless things but well sometimes i'm using the words while not meaning exactly mean them
                Do I make any sense? give it to my poor english, please

Nice caps, people
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Making vids if a funny thing. Sometimes it can take weeks to finish one and all along the way, you feel like ripping your hair out (such as with these two recent DV vids), and then other times, you can finish a vid in the span of a couple hours and find that it was actually enjoyable to make! The latter is actually the case with my very first Cam/Sam vid. Maybe it's because it's my first vid for them, or maybe it's because of the song, I don't know....but I managed to turn this one out in only a few hours, and I'm really pleased with it. Next to DV, C/S is my favorite relationship/friendship But that's enough about that video...

*cough*DOWNLOAD*cough*
                  Stef, you're amazing!! A Cam/Sam vid!
                  Recently I'm enjoying Sam/Cam --blame Kales, she's writing them so wonderful-- so I'm sure I'll like your vid much. I'm not able to watch it now but when I turn back to home, it will be my first thing to do.

Btw, I love your banner!!! Hot Vala!!
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Comment

I just found out the name of the song Claudia Black sang at an old convention. It's called "Throw your arms around me" By an Aussie band called Hunters and Collectors.
                    Its a real aussie classic (it's the kind of song everyone ends up singing after a few too many drinks at the pub, because everyone seems to know the words!) I just love it! It would really suit her raspy voice. Has anyone ever heard her sing? Is she any good?
                    (PS Isn't if funny, that every love song you hear reminds you of DV?)

It's here if you want to sing along, wave your arms in the air, hug your neighbour etc etc (Aussie traditions!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XahjfsyJs

DJAY
                    He's her Lobster!

Comment

I also read in the con report that Claudia does yoga. (I knew it! She is so toned!) Apparently it's the Yoga that you do in a heated room, so you sweat like a pig! Bikram yoga, I think it is called.
                      I tried Yoga once. My body just doesn't do that.

DJAY
                      He's her Lobster!

Comment

DJAY
                        I didn't even bother trying I can tell you now, my body will never do that...

Comment

I just found out the name of the song Claudia Black sang at an old convention. It's called "Throw your arms around me" By an Aussie band called Hunters and Collectors.
                          Its a real aussie classic (it's the kind of song everyone ends up singing after a few too many drinks at the pub, because everyone seems to know the words!) I just love it! It would really suit her raspy voice. Has anyone ever heard her sing? Is she any good?
                          (PS Isn't if funny, that every love song you hear reminds you of DV?)

It's here if you want to sing along, wave your arms in the air, hug your neighbour etc etc (Aussie traditions!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XahjfsyJs

DJAY
                          Hah!! It sounds pretty nice tradition

I also read in the con report that Claudia does yoga. (I knew it! She is so toned!) Apparently it's the Yoga that you do in a heated room, so you sweat like a pig! Bikram yoga, I think it is called.

DJAY
                          Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                          I didn't even bother trying I can tell you now, my body will never do that...
                          You know theorically it would be so good to able to make your body in those awkard positions but seriously it's too late for me now.
                          I tried it once too but after one session every part of my body ached for days and all this mediation thing bored me to death. I guess I'm not a spiritful person
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post

You know theorically it would be so good to able to make your body in those awkard positions
                            You could seriously send me into the gutter with that comment!

DJAY
                            He's her Lobster!

Comment

You could seriously send me into the gutter with that comment!

DJAY
                              Hah!!! Where do you think i was when i wrote that Frankly, my all yoga adventure was based on reading Kama Sutra......

You know what you and me, djay, are the most wicked women on this thread, i guess. when we're all alone here, our topic is always going into gutter

Ok, I'm soo shutting the hell up now
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                                Hah!!! Where do you think i was when i wrote that Frankly, my all yoga adventure was based on reading Kama Sutra......

You know what you and me, djay, are the most wicked women on this thread, i guess. when we're all alone here, our topic is always going into gutter

Ok, I'm soo shutting the hell up now
                                LOL!
                                Who me? *smiling innocently*

DJAY
                                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Working...
                                X