Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kales View Post
    Me too Any length at all. I posted a Sparky one - snow does strange things to me, including meaning I write shameless fluff - of about 400 words, which although short, I liked quite a bit.
    You know when i hear word Dala/Snow, my mind directly get in the gutter but then really, it does not get out of it much this days
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

i make a other music video,the song is ''i still believe'' and the singer '' Jonatan Cerrada''
      Just caught up with this video, Sydney. Beautiful job. (saving to my faves too)
      And I love the song. He's got a great voice.

DJAY
      He's her Lobster!
      LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
        Who needs a good laugh?
        I found another new vid at YT called "The Daniel and Vala chronicles (Pt 1) It's such fun! 9 minutes of our DV.
        It reminds me of those old black and white slapstick movies (like Charlie Chaplin or something!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RGeZ9njYI4

DJAY
        Haha, LMAO. Reminds me of that absolutely hilarious one of DV to "Ain't That A Kick In the Head", which had this amazing little slowed down bit from Avalon 2 of Daniel doing this hand action/talking thing. Just brilliant.

kay x

Comment

ok..here again, a few rec. from me. all of them from same author, she is just amazing writer. and if you've not read her work before, believe me you missed so much thing.
          here her Dala pieces. they are friendship and mostly UST but, they are amazing.
          fisrt one: http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=715 (this is the best Dala i've ever read.)
          second one: http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=783
          and the last: http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=748 ( very hot and in character)

Enjoy and take a look the other fics of her. they are also amazing
          sigpic
          Banner made by Stef

Comment

Good morning everyone! I've been putting a little thought into the whole Vala/Tomin/Daniel triangle thing! I'm putting it in spoilers cause knowing me when I get started I will say something without thinking about it...lol!

Spoiler:
            First off I believe that relationship between Vala and Tomin needed to happen. When she first got to the Ori galaxy she was using him in order to protect herself. Towards the end though she really felt something for him. I'm not sure if it was full blown love, but she truly cared for him. She tried to stop him from going off to war with the Ori, and was truly hurt when he chose that over her. This showed Vala that she can care for someone in a deeper, more then sex, type of way.

Also another small point I thought of, and to quote someone else on here (sorry I don't remember who it was). Do they have divorce in space? Marriage isn't the legal thing out there like it is here. We keep looking at it like they live here, where getting a legal divorce is different then just the marriage splitting up. I think of it more of a religion thing, like in the mid-evil times here on earth. The church has to say if they can split up or not. I don't believe the Ori allow this (the whole "you must walk the path together" thing), but Vala really isn't in that religion. She was just playing it like that. Now I see their relationship (and this probably comes from living in America where separation and divorce are the norm) as estranged. They are no longer together. People are able to move on to other relationships without getting an actual divorce. Tomin, I believe, will not move on as easily, but Vala can. She does care for Daniel and would be with him if everything worked out (like in Unending). In other words "the stars must align" again!
            GLD

Thanks to Wendy for the Thunkworthy siggy!! And Thanks to Neelan for the wonderful saying!!

My Clones!

My PhotoBucket
            Snurch if you want!

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
              ok..here again, a few rec. from me. all of them from same author, she is just amazing writer. and if you've not read her work before, believe me you missed so much thing.
              here her Dala pieces. they are friendship and mostly UST but, they are amazing.
              fisrt one: http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=715 (this is the best Dala i've ever read.)
              second one: http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=783
              and the last: http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=748 ( very hot and in character)

Enjoy and take a look the other fics of her. they are also amazing
              Ooh I've read these ones before. 'Believe' got an Isis last year, I think.

kay x

Comment

Goooooood afternoon all you levely people!

All these fics are making me all lovey dovey. Hmm...must remedy.

Tomin...
                Spoiler:
                Love Tomin and I hate the thought of him getting hurt. Ache! My heart tears for how this all has to end for him. Sadness. As for Divorce...I think they both know their marriage is almost over if they don't see it as over already. I don't see divorce I see death for him or a mutual "thanks its been great" kinda thing.

Future speculation...
                Spoiler:
                Okay no matter what the movies do in my head D/V end up together and Daniel is too cute to not be a dad. So can you imagine him tucking in a little girl one day and her asking if he loved mommy right away??? What a conversation/story that would be.
                sigpic
                by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
                  Goooooood afternoon all you levely people!

All these fics are making me all lovey dovey. Hmm...must remedy.

Future speculation...
                  Spoiler:
                  Okay no matter what the movies do in my head D/V end up together and Daniel is too cute to not be a dad. So can you imagine him tucking in a little girl one day and her asking if he loved mommy right away??? What a conversation/story that would be.
                  *waves* And why?? No! You are condemned to be a hopeful romantic! Forever! Mwhahaha. So say we all, lol.

Future speculation
                  Spoiler:

Too true! Awww... can you imagine that question, "Mum, how did you and Dad meet?"

I totally see them as parents. I love the idea of them as parents, actually. I think they'd be great at it. Can you see the arguments over names???

Hmm fic rec on that note, www.fanfiction.net/~FBIbones, title is Savoir Aimer. It's a long one, i warn you.

Hmmm it's making me think I should watch Under the Mistletoe, which I said I would save until after doing this essay.....

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by GottaLoveDaniel View Post
                    Good morning everyone! I've been putting a little thought into the whole Vala/Tomin/Daniel triangle thing! I'm putting it in spoilers cause knowing me when I get started I will say something without thinking about it...lol!

Spoiler:
                    First off I believe that relationship between Vala and Tomin needed to happen. When she first got to the Ori galaxy she was using him in order to protect herself. Towards the end though she really felt something for him. I'm not sure if it was full blown love, but she truly cared for him. She tried to stop him from going off to war with the Ori, and was truly hurt when he chose that over her. This showed Vala that she can care for someone in a deeper, more then sex, type of way.
                    Spoiler:
                    I guess, you are right when you said that Vala cared for him. Still cares for him but i don't think it's love or that kind of thing. She was another evil-wise galaxy, pregnant with the Will of Ori and she was frightened. He was the only person who cared for her and she had only him besides those heretics. But their relationship was always intense. I still don't get how one person can let her wife with his child out of there without food and water for three days. I know at least he rescued her but still. You see my point, he is just so clueless, i wanna smack his head hard.
                    Another point, He loved or still loves the Stepford!Vala. Teh woman who made his bed, his meal and all that jazz. he has no idea who she really is. she is the woman who fell from the sky and sent to him by Gods. Yes, he knows she escaped with his enemies and chose the other side but that's all he knows. I don't suppose he knows about her past( if i'm not seriously wrong) What would he feel if he knew that she was a liar, a thief, a con artist, a seductress who likely slept the half of the galaxy for nothing but personal gain. I don't suppose he would be ok with all of that. that's one of the reason why i've found this particular relationship soo at the dead end.

Originally posted by GottaLoveDaniel View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Also another small point I thought of, and to quote someone else on here (sorry I don't remember who it was). Do they have divorce in space? Marriage isn't the legal thing out there like it is here. We keep looking at it like they live here, where getting a legal divorce is different then just the marriage splitting up. I think of it more of a religion thing, like in the mid-evil times here on earth. The church has to say if they can split up or not. I don't believe the Ori allow this (the whole "you must walk the path together" thing), but Vala really isn't in that religion. She was just playing it like that. Now I see their relationship (and this probably comes from living in America where separation and divorce are the norm) as estranged. They are no longer together. People are able to move on to other relationships without getting an actual divorce. Tomin, I believe, will not move on as easily, but Vala can. She does care for Daniel and would be with him if everything worked out (like in Unending). In other words "the stars must align" again!
                    Spoiler:
                    Well, i also think this marriage on the religous level doesn't mean anything to Vala anymore. She does not believe in Ori or any other religous belief. On the divorce thing, i dunno it seem so unlikely to me that they support divorce.
                    what i'm trying to see is that it's so dead for Vala, IMO. She may still care for him and according to Spoilers for AOT, she does. Maybe she wants to rescue him unlike Adria.
                    but most importantly for me this marriage holds nothing aganist Dala. Daniel knows why it happened and in Unending he never mentioned her marriage as a problem for them. If he had believed in her marriage for a second, he certainly wouldn't have make a move on her after the bashing.

ok. I talk a lot. Bear with me if my grammer sucks. I'm just typinp right now without any grammer control.
                    Last edited by gioia; 19 March 2007, 07:57 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Comment

From gioia
                      Spoiler:

but most importantly for me this marriage holds nothing aganist Dala. Daniel knows why it happened and in Unending he never mentioned her marriage as a problem for them. If he had believed in her marriage for a second, he certainly wouldn't have make a move on her after the bashing.
                      I agree mostly with this but I don't think it had any bearing on
                      LITS/UNENDING
                      Spoiler:

the events of Unending because after LITS, they basically assumed Tomin was dead, therefore if there had been an objection on that level, it was over by then.

kay x

Comment

I agree mostly with this but I don't think it had any bearing on
                        LITS/UNENDING
                        Spoiler:

the events of Unending because after LITS, they basically assumed Tomin was dead, therefore if there had been an objection on that level, it was over by then.
                        hehehe..when you said like that. It's highly possible
                        But i like my version more..Dala unstoppable( is that a word?)
                        Last edited by gioia; 19 March 2007, 08:05 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by Stef

Comment

Ooh I've read these ones before. 'Believe' got an Isis last year, I think.

kay x
                          Really? that's a good news. I actually fell in love that story
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Comment

Well thanks As long as people are respectful maybe I will still stick around...

I guess for me it's hard to believe that people are friends when it doesn't get shown. I mean sure people could say, "well they never had a falling out on screen so we just assume they are still friends, so why do you need to see it still?" I thought that was sorta the whole point of television, though... to see things play out on screen. And I just think it's funny when people tell me that but for D/V the reverse can't be true... like in the final episode just show Daniel welcoming Vala's advances in the beginning, show us that they are now a couple, and then don't show many scenes at all of them together for the rest of the episode. I mean, it seems like a one-way street here ... either we show Daniel and Vala always together, or we show Daniel interacting with his friends. Why can't we have both?

As for the brotherly/sisterly thing, and I've mentioned this before so everyone just ignore me, lol it's something that escapes me in part because I have no siblings, but in my mind a brotherly/sisterly thing isn't as strong as a friendship. Most of the people I know who have siblings don't get along and aren't close, and would probably never ever bother with each other if they weren't related. I could never really see Sam and Daniel like that because I haven't seen them really bicker a whole lot, and despite what people say about them in S7 and 8, I still saw a close friendship... me personally that is. I know everyone views it differently.

As a shipper of them (*ducks*) I always saw a close, comfortable friendship, and possibly more depending on how you view any subtext (if you think it exists at all). But that is how I saw it. Yes, I didn't like everything I saw, but imho that's why we have fanfic, and I take things a step further or try to fix them in that realm.

As for saying why I don't think D/V works... I've talked about it here before and I'm afraid of saying anything because I don't want to offend anyone. All I'll say is that I'm not crazy about Daniel when he's with Vala and to be totally honest I never really saw anything between them other than friendship, at least on Daniel's end. But that's just my opinion, for what it's worth - I know others see it differently and that's fine.

See, I enjoyed the Jack and Daniel banter too. But I never hated when Daniel and Sam or Daniel and Teal'c were paired up because it meant an end to that banter. Actually for the record Daniel did banter with Sam...not a whole lot, but it was there, like in The First Commandment, Message in a Bottle, and even more so in the later episodes. We couldn't have Jack/Daniel banter in every ep, or at least not the same amount of it in every ep, because then that would mean Jack and Daniel would have to be paired up in evry ep. That's what I loved about the early days - we had a great variety of things as far as pairings and interaction went. Nothing really felt one-sided and these guys seemed like a real family. I'm not seeing that anymore these past couple of seasons especially, and it brings me down. Daniel and Vala banter a lot, true, but I don't need to see a ton of it in every episode. I understand why fans of the pairing or of their banter would, but I personally don't.

So, um.. yeah I guess I've covered pretty much everything. I was mostly upset by the final episode because I expected them to pay some kind of tribute to the old friendships. No matter what the state of Daniel's friendships with Sam and Teal'c back through the history of the show, the fact of the matter is that they've been together for ten years (give or take) and have been through a lot together. To not pay any tribute to that is a crime IMHO. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people and that's fine, but it did bother me personally and makes me wonder if either TPTB don't care about the old friendships at all, or we're made to believe that they no longer exist.

And I apologize for the ranting I've done here recently.. as I said I was in a bad mood and it's been a really depressing season for me as a Daniel/Sam fan. Again I am so thankful they can't take fanfiction away from us. I am hoping there will be some nice interaction in either of the movies but after Unending I'm not really holding my breath.

Comment

Hehe but of course. Dala is unstoppable. Invincible. Eternal!

*fields of Dala foot soldiers chant in agreement*

kay x

EDIT: whoop! 700! I hit 600 during the Unending party and totally didn't notice lol.

Comment

Hehe but of course. Dala is unstoppable. Invincible. Eternal!

*fields of Dala foot soldiers chant in agreement*

kay x

EDIT: whoop! 700! I hit 600 during the Unending party and totally didn't notice lol.
                                eheh Dala foot soldiers.. LOL
                                that's exactly what Unending does. It makes you forget things..Nice
                                congrads on 700!!!
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X