No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that question would be top of my list too. Would love to hear MS and CB's take on how the whole thing went down and if they agreed with the writers.

DJAY
    He's her Lobster!
    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by FaithStars View Post
      Crap, crap, crap......I can't find the episode! If I don't see it soon I am going to go insane and I'm taking you all with me!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!

Happy Posting
      Faithstars
      lol, I was feeling the same way, Faithstars...and DJ was the one to help me out, too! Happy viewing!

All Images Made By Hopalong

Comment

D: If you wore that top so you could distract me, it's not going to work.
        V: It already has.

Comment

V: Watch me jiggle, Daniel.
          D: Nope...not this time.

Comment

Seen enough to know that congrats are in order over here? Happy for you guys!

Comment

Spoiler:
              I'm watching that scene again of Daniel and Vala in silhuette saying goodbye. i can't help but think of that scene from "The Sound of Music" where maria and Captain Von trapp start to sing "I must have done something good"!!

DJAY
              He's her Lobster!
              LTS: Life's too short

Comment

I just thought of something...

Spoiler:
                this means that in the movies, Teal'c will still be older, and have all the memories of the fifty years they spent together on the ship, right? This could be interesting, and if nothing else definitly gives ideas for fanfiction *hint hint to all writers*

All Images Made By Hopalong

Comment

I was a *little* spoiled before I saw the episode... I saw lots and lots of new posts in this thread and I know something had happened. With a lot of squeeing that had to be good So.. seeing the episode.. I just had a huge grin on my face while and afterwards (still have when I think of it)

I do feel sorry for teh J/S-shippers, I never been into that ship, but I'm sure I would have been devestated if the position was reverse. There's 2 movies coming, keep your happy thoughts

Not much else to say, since you all mostly said it all, over and over again.

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess I won't leave, but I still feel alone in the way I think, like I have no one on my side. It kind of bugs me but I guess I shouldn't let it.

I got your PM Stef, and thanks. I'm glad you guys liked all the D/V scenes and all - I personally found the first one a bit hard to believe, but I guess I'm ignorant or something

And hope you don't mind me saying this Deeds (or anyone else) but I still don't think they portrayed the friendships (except for D/V and maybe Sam/Teal'c) well. I personally don't find it a good way to end the show. It feels to me like something has died, or like tptb have forgotten their roots, how the great team dynamic (back then, Jack/Daniel, Jack/Sam, Jack/Teal'c, Daniel/Teal'c, Daniel/Sam, Daniel/Teal'c, and all of them together) made the show so wonderful.

I'm being too cynical I guess but as for that one S/D moment that I'd guess lasted about 1.5 seconds long, I'm thinking that RCC just threw that in there to appease the S/D fans and I feel a bit insulted because (again from what I've read and heard) it doesn't portray their friendship well. Or maybe it's to show how their friendship has so weakened recently, I don't know.

I'm sorry for being such a pessimist. I'm just so disappointed by the ending and I hope they'll be nicer to the friendships in the movies but I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm really really sorry

Comment

Thank you Stef!!!!
                      (you know what for )

Ok, everybody has mentioned most of what I wanted to talk about but just to throw in another nugget, that I don't think was mentioned about Unending . . .

Spoiler:
                      When Vala is bugging Teal'c at the end to tell her who she hooks up with she never mentions Daniel's name, she mentions everyone else on the ship but Danny boy. I have a very good feeling that TPTB are going to keep this ship going because there has really been little bad feedback about it. And WOW, MS and CB did an awsome job with THE SCENE!

I'm so happy/sad, and I've watched it at least 5 times completely through now. Now that I say that out loud, it sounds a little sad.

Love, love, love, all you need is love, dum du da da dah

Spoiler:
                      The last time I was this board I took prisioners!
                      sigpic

Banner liberated from Stef

My Place for friends

Comment

Well my comments were on the ship aspect in reply to the previous post....

As for "team moments"....well for me they were fine in the context of the episode.....apart from that I can't really comment on it.....we all have our individual feelings on any episode.....and where there have been wonderful team moments in the previous 9 Seasons for some, I may well have not seen the same thing... ......all I can comment on is how I found the last ever episode of Stargate in relation to comments made in the various relevant threads....

All I can say is that I've been satisfied with Stargate the TV series as a whole as all round entertainment for a long time....and I'm sad to see the end of something that's bought such immense pleasure to me....

And my final thoughts are that I think all the cast, crew and people involved with this wonderful series are to be applauded for their hard work, skill and devotion in bringing storylines (whether liked or disliked) and characters to life....

Deeds xx
                        Last edited by discodiva; 14 March 2007, 07:39 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I'm happy for you, really. I am sad to see the show end, but more so on the note that it ended on.

I thought they would at least acknowledge the old 10-year friendships and the only one they did was Sam/Teal'c... so I'm sad to say I don't have a lot of hopes for the dvd movies.

I know I let this bother me too much, but I can't help it... it feels like they killed off something that really made me enjoy the show all these years and I don't know if I can forgive them for that. The friendships just didn't seem up to par with the way they'd been even in S8.

Then again maybe I'm just seeing it wrong or am totally blind. Sorry for being such a pest.

Comment

I just saw the episode and WOW......I mean, Wow..........!
                            Spoiler:
                            First:The Asgaurd dying broke my heart.....*wails*.....Thor!

Second: We are now the Fifth race. Kinda sweet, with the exception of anyone outside of the stargate program not knowing it

Third: Loved the all of the music that played in this episode

Fourth: I'm more than a little frustrated that there was NOTHING for me in the Sam/Jack area. Now my hopes rest on the Movies for that!

Fifth: I really enjoyed the team moments, wish there had been a bit more with Sam/Daniel and Sam/Teal'c

Last but most certainly not least: Daniel and Vala......Holy Hannah!!!!!!!!!!!! I never got my hopes too up, I was hoping for a fight and kiss. To recieve so much more....it was such a wonderful gift! I am thrilled beyond belief. Man, what Daniel said to Vala had me open mouthed in shock at first....but hey, whatever cathartic move he had to make to be with her! So we recieved:

A: An amazing fight
                            B: A kiss
                            C: Sex.....and I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one,LOL!
                            D: Some incredibly sweet and tender moments
                            E: " 20 years Today"......
                            F: They were not together for 40 years because they were stuck on a ship. They were together because they LOVED eachother

Last edited by FaithStars; 14 March 2007, 08:11 AM.
                            It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

What an episode! this is a great ending for a series but not for SG1! Loved Dala scenes, they are so cute!

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
                              Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
                              March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
                              Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

Djay and aaobuttons, Thank you for *You know what*......much love and appreciation to you!
                                It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Working...
                                X