No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus, I have a lit paper due Friday, which should be fun! Who doesn't love a discussion of Yeats, Oedipus, and Chekhov?! Nobody.
    *shudder* Ugh. That's unpleasant. The one I'm now working on... due in 11 hours... is on Dante and Florentine politics. Kill me.

OT: MS looks rather... sunned... in that pic

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      So, I'm going to attempt to respond to ideas/posts from the three pages I've missed...so bear with me

I've always loved the idea of Vala/Shep. Obviously, I love my DV, but a triangle between them would have been fun! Or maybe just have Vala and Shep flirt with each other, but in a totally friends way, and see how mad it drives Elizabeth and Daniel. I've read a couple of good Shep/Vala fics (there was a thread for them around here somewhere). But maybe some of our oh-so-talented writers could take a shot at it....merely as a means to getting DV together, of course

Why am I winking so much?

And here's a nice litle matching expression for ya:
      Spoiler:

Now see, Kales, when you mentioned bodies pointing towards each other, I automatically jumped to Clueless:
      "Would you look at that body language? Legs crossed towards each other. That is an unequivocal sex invite."

Yes, I just dumbed us down You were trying to go all deep and I just brought us back to sex.

Way to be on the writing, Kales! I just had to submit a short story proposal for my Sci-Fi class. Creative writing? Definitely not my strongest suit. I couldn't think of anything, so I just babbled on about a society that has monthly mind-erasing and how that connects to issues of dominance, subordination, and patriarchal control of society, blah, blah, blah. As long as I can BS the analysis of what I write, I should be fine. I'm really not banking on the originality of my concept (because I'm perfectly aware it's not unique). I honestly just want to get this assignment done!

Plus, I have a lit paper due Friday, which should be fun! Who doesn't love a discussion of Yeats, Oedipus, and Chekhov?! Nobody.

Question: Why do some of the names of the people vieing this thread have "+" next to their name? I feel inadequate without one

-Stef
      Great pic Stef!!!

A "+" next to names? You mean down at the bottom?? I have never seen that before...hmmm Mine doesn't show it right now either.

sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

I have no +s either. Now I feel un-special. I don't see any either. How strange.

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
          *shudder* Ugh. That's unpleasant. The one I'm now working on... due in 11 hours... is on Dante and Florentine politics. Kill me.

OT: MS looks rather... sunned... in that pic

kay x
          Ah, good ole Dante. Are you reading one of the Divine Comedies? I've had to read Inferno for like 3 classes since starting college...and actually write a paper looking at the politics & religion within the story and how it reflected Dante's life/environment. If I recall, I almost did kill myself while writing that paper. So I feel your pain,Kales

And yes, MS does look VERY tanned in that pic/scene. Must have made it to the tanning bed that day. Although, CB looks pretty "sunkissed" in the last scene of that episode. So, I guess it was just a party down at the tanning salon

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You have a plus next to your name right now, Kales. I did save people to my friends list recently (I don't know what that does exactly) but maybe that's the reason? I didn't save myself, hence the empty void next to my name

Okay, going to take a nap and then watch "Heroes." What an exciting life I do lead.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ah, good ole Dante. Are you reading one of the Divine Comedies? I've had to read Inferno for like 3 classes since starting college...and actually write a paper looking at the politics & religion within the story and how it reflected Dante's life/environment. If I recall, I almost did kill myself while writing that paper. So I feel your pain,Kales
              That's almost exactly what I'm doing right now for medieval history. And I mean exactly. If someone had mercy, they would kill me right now I swear.

And "party at the tanning salon"... Either it's the way you said it or my sleep-deprived brain but my mind just slipped into the gutter...

Ah right. I haven't discovered the whole buddy listing thing yet.

kay x

Comment

Hey all I found another D&V Vid I didn't make it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcegpw6n_rQ

no he can't escape her love lol.
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Cool, thanks for the link poundpuppy. I thought about using that song awhile back....then backed off for some reason. Glad to see someone used it though I really liked the little captions, it's like a video version of the game we play here

So, after watching and AMAZING "Heroes" I'm finally getting back to editing my Vala video. Hopefully, I'll get this done soon. I suppose I could also post my fic....but I'm such an insecure writer that no matter how many times I fix/proof read it, I'm still never confident enough to publish it

Anyway, I'll be lurking around...if anyone cares.

-Stef

Comment

Here's an old wallpaper I'll use to *bump*
                    Spoiler:

Time for bed, talk to everyone tomorrow...hopefully with someone throwing us a bone for "Dominion"

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                      Hmmm isn't there an intellectual - or gleaned from Cosmo theory - that people who are in tune/ fancy each other rather a lot mimic each other unconsciously??? Or that they unconsciously point towards each other, like if you're sitting opposite them their feet will be pointing at the other one???

Intellectual discussion. We're just that good

kay x
                      OMG...yes. Daniel and Vala do mimic eachother and it happens in real life too. After 3 1/2 years my fiancee and I have taken on eachothers quircks and phrases and mannerisms quite a lot...its totally cute....

*new ep tomorrow*

Oh I can't wait...hope there's good Dala moments with a bit of Daniel angst and some Vala whump....
                      sigpic
                      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Ok, seriously, last wp.....just trying to get everyone pumped for tomorrow/today! This one I actually made tonight. I'm trying to challenge myself by making wallpapers using only one pic. Difficult task. Anyway, here ya go:
                        Spoiler:

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                          OMG...yes. Daniel and Vala do mimic eachother and it happens in real life too. After 3 1/2 years my fiancee and I have taken on eachothers quircks and phrases and mannerisms quite a lot...its totally cute....

*new ep tomorrow*

Oh I can't wait...hope there's good Dala moments with a bit of Daniel angst and some Vala whump....
                          Do you see it live or Alternitive methods because if you see it live could you give spoilers Pretty please with suger on top.
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hmm. Favourite Daniel/Vala moment. I love these two because they do drama/angast so well but also can do comedy schtick with the best of them.

Favourite angst: Def the burning scene in "Avalon 11" and that moment afterwards when Daniel held her in his arms. Sigh!
                            Favourite (of many) comedy scenes- I like 'frustrated Daniel' so I like the scene in Promethius Unbound where he goes to get Vala out of the cell to help and she is just standing there with a cheshire cat grin on her face!
                            (Note- apparently when they filmed the scene where MS carries CB over his shoulder he wacked her head into the steady camera! She said they immediately filmed the cheshire cat scene afterwards and she was still dazed!)

DJAY
                            He's her Lobster!
                            LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrow's epi. I just hope we get some angst if Vala is in danger or her fate unknown.
                              Still mad at TPTB for DV's crap reunion when Vala returned from the Ori Galaxy. She was supposed to be dead! And Daniel didn't even say thank you for saving our buts, let alone it's nice to see you alive. Grrrrr!

DJAY
                              He's her Lobster!
                              LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Good Morning Shippers second page can't have that "Bump"'

Dominon is today I really can't wait. I hope they give good recaps in the ep discussion thread or if one of you shippers still have SkyOne and wasn't screwed by them could tell us what happens that would be very cool. I think we will get some good D&V today.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X