No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved that! The way that she was wearing a scarf on a military vessel and the way he took it off her - such an old-married-couple moment And the way Cam and Sam and the others were clearly amused in the background. ((((DJGirl for the zen-making reminder))))

I'm thieving this from the Sparky thread because it's a nice motto for all shippers: ZEN, OPTIMISM AND BLIND FAITH

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
      I loved that! The way that she was wearing a scarf on a military vessel and the way he took it off her - such an old-married-couple moment And the way Cam and Sam and the others were clearly amused in the background. ((((DJGirl for the zen-making reminder))))

I'm thieving this from the Sparky thread because it's a nice motto for all shippers: ZEN, OPTIMISM AND BLIND FAITH

kay x
      I like that motto!! I need it around work today too...LOL

Oh yeah, I love it when the others have little smirks or looks at each other when Daniel and Vala start bickering and stuff. Just like in MM when he goes on and on about how it wasn't a "date"...hehehehe

Just another random moment I liked...LOL
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
        Good Day all!!

Sorry (((JaneC)))

.... Now I can't tear myself away from spoilers.

I will go into the episode thread on Tuesday and will be more then happy to report back!! I just will be doing NO POSTING in those threads because I don't like the atmosphere!!
        Thanks.

I cant tear myself away either. Ive no willpower. I dont know the episode thread too well on this board. What I might do is check out another board where they have the first post as a poll and just see how many excellent/ good/bad etc votes there, to give me an idea of how it went. Its going to kill me trying to avoid the reviews though !
        Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

We can do it, JaneC. We can. Honest. Willpower. We have that

"Just because I have a less than perfect reputation doesn't mean I-"

"You told me you stole them!"

"Did I?...Oh."

I just rewatched that scene in Beachhead, lol, and there's an almost implied "Vala, dear, this is a military vessel..." Don't ask me why. I think it's the fact that she says darling and his tone mirrors it that makes me think there's a 'dear' there when there isn't

Or my 'shippy little mind.

kay x

Comment

We can do it, JaneC. We can. Honest. Willpower. We have that

"Just because I have a less than perfect reputation doesn't mean I-"

"You told me you stole them!"

"Did I?...Oh."

I just rewatched that scene in Beachhead, lol, and there's an almost implied "Vala, dear, this is a military vessel..." Don't ask me why. I think it's the fact that she says darling and his tone mirrors it that makes me think there's a 'dear' there when there isn't

Or my 'shippy little mind.

kay x
            Having a shippy mind is a fun thing Especially when it comes to these two. There is so much to work with!!!

I love that scene. You know as I was thinking of my favorite scenes of those two, I gotta say that I love them all. There is just an electricity that is very obvious the moment those two are on screen together.

"Now, where's my Daniel?"
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Ha Ha, also like that motto Although, I think we can go on more than blind faith at this point.

Favorite DV moment? There are so many.....

Still like the beat in "Avalon Pt. 1" where they are looking at the pots and Daniel goes:

"Give me a minute." [Pause. Vala, growing impatient, reaches for a pot] "Not a minute." [Vala backs off...but still eyes the pot] "Still not a minute."

Although, I also enjoy the scene in "Company of Thieves" when Sam comes into the room to talk to DV about a plan to escape:

Vala: Well, it's better than our plan. [Looks at Daniel, who concurs]
              Sam: What is that?
              Daniel: We don't have one.

There are plenty of other favorites though Okay, well, off to class. Talk to you guys later.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                Ha Ha, also like that motto Although, I think we can go on more than blind faith at this point.

Favorite DV moment? There are so many.....

Still like the beat in "Avalon Pt. 1" where they are looking at the pots and Daniel goes:

"Give me a minute." [Pause. Vala, growing impatient, reaches for a pot] "Not a minute." [Vala backs off...but still eyes the pot] "Still not a minute."

Although, I also enjoy the scene in "Company of Thieves" when Sam comes into the room to talk to DV about a plan to escape:

Vala: Well, it's better than our plan. [Looks at Daniel, who concurs]
                Sam: What is that?
                Daniel: We don't have one.

There are plenty of other favorites though Okay, well, off to class. Talk to you guys later.

-Stef
                TeeHeeHee...I love that Avalon scene!! I totally forgot about the scene in "COT" Looks like I have some new ideas of eps to start rewatching!!!

See you later Stef!!
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                  "Now, where's my Daniel?"

love that line SO much.

favourite D/V scenes for me....err well all of them ! Particularly love their Avalon scenes. Love the part when Vala comes back to life. Also love their Shroud scenes. Probably my favourite of all is in Quest part 2.. (Am I right this needs spoilers as not aired everywhere ?)
                  Spoiler:
                  The part where Daniel is getting weakened finishing Merlins work, Vala is almost in tears at what is happening. And theres that lovely moment when he touched her face and says I know you. ahhhh, my shippy heart skipped many a beat in that episode
                  Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

Aw, JaneC, that was a cute scene

For some reason, I always tend to pick up on little moments more than anything. Although, I did love these two bits from MM:
                    Spoiler:
                    VALA
                    Well, I don't mind telling you, I've been looking forward to this little date all week.

DANIEL
                    I wouldn't exactly call it a 'date'. It's—

VALA
                    Oh, I've watched enough of your television to know what a date is, Daniel. It's a romantic event typified by dinner, movie and/or karaoke and, usually, culminating in a night of…

WAITOR
                    Tonight's featured martinis are the chocolate, passion fruit, and shochu plum.

VALA
                    They all sound wonderful. So… one of each, then?

DANIEL
                    (jumping in)
                    Yeah, I— I think we're gonna pace ourselves. She'll do the… passion fruit.

[Vala gives a playful growl.]

Okay, seriously, off to class.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by JaneC View Post
                      love that line SO much.

favourite D/V scenes for me....err well all of them ! Particularly love their Avalon scenes. Love the part when Vala comes back to life. Also love their Shroud scenes. Probably my favourite of all is in Quest part 2.. (Am I right this needs spoilers as not aired everywhere ?)
                      Spoiler:
                      The part where Daniel is getting weakened finishing Merlins work, Vala is almost in tears at what is happening. And theres that lovely moment when he touched her face and says I know you. ahhhh, my shippy heart skipped many a beat in that episode
                      Love both those scenes...The one from the Quest 2 got to me...
                      Spoiler:

V: "It's me, Vala" awwww

And of course this moment from The Shroud was classic. I chuckled when I first her like that...
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

With the spoilers thing, I usually just put them whenever I'm unsure. *shrugs* doesn't matter to those who want to know, but if there's someone who's sensitive, then it saves them being spoiled.

see? I can feel a sort of zen-like "awwww" atmosphere in the air in this thread now... love it!

I love how they bring out the child in each other - Daniel needs that! He's too serious most of the time I'd really like him to start flirting back and making innuendos at Vala sometime soon - the banter-match would be hilarious and the look on Vala's face if he actually started making comebacks on a level would be so cute.

EDIT: Can anyone recc any fics that do that???

EDIT: I really wanted - in Pegasus Project - a scene where Shep flirts with Vala and she plays back - I think that would have been funny. Especially if Elizabeth and Daniel had stood at the side watching rather uneasily and perhaps jealously ... Both my 'ships in one scene!

Can I just say I love that smile of Vala's? It's so infectious. You get the feeling if someone grinned like that at you you just couldn't help but grin back

kay x

Comment

Stef... "off to class"???

Comment

With the spoilers thing, I usually just put them whenever I'm unsure. *shrugs* doesn't matter to those who want to know, but if there's someone who's sensitive, then it saves them being spoiled.

see? I can feel a sort of zen-like "awwww" atmosphere in the air in this thread now... love it!

I love how they bring out the child in each other - Daniel needs that! He's too serious most of the time I'd really like him to start flirting back and making innuendos at Vala sometime soon - the banter-match would be hilarious and the look on Vala's face if he actually started making comebacks on a level would be so cute.

EDIT: Can anyone recc any fics that do that???

EDIT: I really wanted - in Pegasus Project - a scene where Shep flirts with Vala and she plays back - I think that would have been funny. Especially if Elizabeth and Daniel had stood at the side watching rather uneasily and perhaps jealously ... Both my 'ships in one scene!

Can I just say I love that smile of Vala's? It's so infectious. You get the feeling if someone grinned like that at you you just couldn't help but grin back

kay x
                            The zen in here is amazing. There are so many other threads in here that you can feel the hostility. This is so relaxing and fun. That is why I have been spending way more time in here

OMGosh, that would be an awesome fic. I can see Daniel getting that cute pouty face of his as he is watching Sheppard and Vala. That would be a fun one to read. Wish I had writing skills...LOL
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Semi OT....

Speaking about all this Zen reminds me of Happy Gilmore when Kevin Neelan's character is talking about "feeling the flow" and "it's circular".

Sorry the weirdest movie things pop in my head all the time. Just had to share
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Shep reminds me of Vala in some ways - they both remind me of cats and they both have that whole flirty, fun, smiling thing going on. And Elizabeth and Daniel both sort of balance them.

More than that, they're both kids at heart who like to play... so I think they'd be incredibly cute to watch together and the Daniel-pouting thing woul be so good. His "I'm frowning because this isn't right but I can't put my finger on why" thing That would be because de Nile isn't just a river in Egypt *cough, "not a date" yeah right cough*

I'm so happy now. This thread makes me smile. Thank you - you all give me warm and fuzzy feelings, even if I do have 4000 words due in tomorrow

kay x

Comment

Working...
                                X