No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about the wedding thing. I'd even see it as something more akin to...
    Spoiler:
    the Sam/Jack wedding in "200." It looked more like a small, intimate gathering of friends. Of course, since Vala has no real friends or family outside of the SGC...it wouldn't be too big.

But I could also see them doing a civil ceremony Of course, the fact that they'd be getting married at all would be enough for me

Congrats, Kales!!!

On a side note, they kicked off Vala in the H&H game, let's not let them do the same to DV They are beginning to slip. They were in second, now they're in fourth. Nothing against Spanky, but I'm trying to keep them down, within our range to overtake. Once a couple gets going, there'll be no chance in catching them (SJ, Sparky). I'm taking this game too seriously What can I say? I'm very competitive (growing up with two older brothers will do that to you).

-Stef
    Last edited by Stef; 03 March 2007, 01:42 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stef, that's so pretty!!! You totally spoil us. Ugh, I know, I'm trying in the H&H game.

Hehe, at least we can win in the isis awards, they don't allow SJ or Sparky because they'd take over...

Okay, i'm voting in the H&H game then logging off. 2000 words to write for tomorrow, and yes, I know, it's a Sunday, welcome to my private hell, a timeline created just for me

kay x

Comment

Congrats on 500 posts Kales
        I know how you feel Stef I vote every day and it doesn't seem to help. I will keep voting till the end. Kales do you have Skyone still? I am really looking forward to the next 2 eps they sound good. I hope the movies do well. I really don't want to lose my fav ship. I hope that Daniel & Vala are at least one of the possiblites for the third series.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
          It is good, isn't it?
          Spoiler:

It would fit, given the little scene in tonight's ep:

VALA enters DANIEL'S OFFICE, carrying cardboard box.

VALA: "That's the last of them."
          DANIEL: "Thanks. Can you sit down?"

... and then they talk about her past/her dad etc. rather seriously, it's a nice return to the phrasing of the Memento Mori conversation - "falling into your old ways" etc. etc. and she talks about being a different person than two years before, "because I wanted to change"

Hmm... cross ref that with Morpheus .. ."because someone believed in me"............................... who could THAT be????

kay x
          Oh I loved that moment....and the entire episode....but especially that moment... and I agree with you about the 'someone' reasoning

Originally posted by Kales View Post
          I've grown up with stargate ... literally. I mean Buffy I drifted in and out of... loved but not with quite the same fervour. But I was ten when it started and i'm nineteen now - i've literally grown up watching it, as strange as that sounds.

When my history-geek obsession - hopefully going to evolve into a career - kicked in, I found a kindred spirit in watching Daniel, lol... the excitement of it all.

And Vala is just fun. Anyone who pulls off leather like that is worthy of admiration.

(((DJGirl))) hope you're feeling a little better since you kept me company during my down turn last night with fun caps...

kayx
          Kales, we're the same age, I had no idea- and we had the same motivation for going into History...Daniel... ^_^ I'm 19 too and taking a combined classics/history major with a comp lit elective this term and althrough I've only been watching stargate for four years (since season 7) it has felt like I grew up with it because it is SUCH a TOTALLY amazing series.... ^_^

OMG RONJA.... *snicker* ...that picture, way to funny...

As for my ships...well for SG1 I ship (in order of importance and working backwards)
          Daniel/Vala (since Avalon) OTP
          Cameron/ Sam (since the road not taken and line in the sand)
          Cameron/Carolyn (seasons 9 & 10)
          Daniel/Sam (seasons 1-PU)
          Jack/Sam (season 1-10)

and SGA
          Sparky(OTP) and Spanky are my two main romantic ships and I love the inter-team dynamic of all of them..

and as for family ties
          Spoiler:
          I thought that Daniel was just being a friend, sure he was a little stand-offish, but I could see that he was just tyring to get Vala to give her father the same chance that he had given her....whether Jacek actually wanted to change or not ...and I do agree with Kay and DjGirl. It IS entirely possible that Daniel was trying to get her to see his side of things by beeing stand-offish....

Oh and what is this lobster thing?

OH! And as for Unending...
          Spoiler:
          I hope its like that Farscape episode that I caught a couple months back- whith Aeryn and the locket with John's picture in it and the whole 'he's the love of my life' and the way Aeryn died in Chriton's arms and the way he broke down...god... and imagine at that moment they left the field and she was alive again...AND they had 50 years worth of memories even though they are their own age again....that would be SOOOO great!

But that might be my shippy mind working on overload....

...and now, to the first of 6 essays....
          sigpic
          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

The Lobster thing is an analogy from the show Friends. Phoebe uses it to describe the relationship between Ross and Rachelle. (But it fits our DV too)

Phoebe: Hang in there, it's gonna happen.
            Ross: What? Okay, now how do you know that?
            Phoebe: Because she's your lobster.
            Phoebe: Come on, you guys. It's a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You know what? You can actually see old lobster couples walkin' around their tank, you know, holding claws like...

So when they finally kiss and get back together she calls out "See, she's his lobster!" (or something like that.)
            Very romantic!

DJAY
            He's her Lobster!
            LTS: Life's too short

Comment

I'm loving all the theories behind how they could get together in "Unending" Personally I'm a big fan of angst but also LOVE someone's idea of a huge fight and then they just throw themselves at each other. (gonna write that one Kaye??)

DJAY
              He's her Lobster!

Comment

In regards to the Family Ties thing. I hate the line "Come here and sit" or whatever. It is too formal. Would have prefered he visit her quarters or something. (Hehe!) But I think he was just looking out for her.
                But it was a great opportunity for a hug and we didn't get one.
                Would like to have seen some interaction between the father and the future son-in-law (I wish) if he had picked up on some vibes about the two of them. Might have made for some good comedy. (What are your intentions towards my daughter etc etc) But maybe a little too early for that!

DJAY
                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                  The Lobster thing is an analogy from the show Friends. Phoebe uses it to describe the relationship between Ross and Rachelle. (But it fits our DV too)

Phoebe: Hang in there, it's gonna happen.
                  Ross: What? Okay, now how do you know that?
                  Phoebe: Because she's your lobster.
                  Phoebe: Come on, you guys. It's a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You know what? You can actually see old lobster couples walkin' around their tank, you know, holding claws like...

So when they finally kiss and get back together she calls out "See, she's his lobster!" (or something like that.)
                  Very romantic!

DJAY
                  djay. Thanks for taking the time to type out the scene.

sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

[QUOTE=Anjirika;6398581]
                    and as for family ties
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought that Daniel was just being a friend, sure he was a little stand-offish, but I could see that he was just tyring to get Vala to give her father the same chance that he had given her....whether Jacek actually wanted to change or not ...and I do agree with Kay and DjGirl. It IS entirely possible that Daniel was trying to get her to see his side of things by beeing stand-offish....

QUOTE]
                    I totally agree with you!!! I really don't understand why some of you are so worry about that scene! Actually, I am more worry about Dominion....I am afraid that TPTB screwed up our ship
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                      Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                      and as for family ties
                      Spoiler:
                      I totally agree with you!!! I really don't understand why some of you are so worry about that scene! Actually, I am more worry about Dominion....I am afraid that TPTB screwed up our ship
                      I guess I can see some of your points, but...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...I still felt like the mood of that scene was WAY off. The dialogue was questionable, but I suppose if you just look at that aspect, the scene might not be too bad. Maybe if MS has played it differently or if it had been directed differently, I might be more lenient towards the scene as a whole.

I don't know, it just sounded more like a lecture than an actual conversation. And while I understand what Daniel was trying to do/say, it came off a lot harsher than what I think Vala deserves. She's proven herself time and time again, and saying that she is still no different than her father is a bit insulting. That's just my interpretation though...I am VERY protective of my Vala

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

If you haven't voted today in the H&H Ship Game, make sure you do so

It seems that the Sam/Jack contingent is striking out....

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                          If you haven't voted today in the H&H Ship Game, make sure you do so

It seems that the Sam/Jack contingent is striking out....

-Stef
                          I already voted today. It seems that everytime I vote, the very next person comes and pretty much nulls mine

sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

Ohhh, loving all the wedding talk, he he. Takes me to a happy Danny/Vala place. He he.

This will be it untill wednesday folks, 2 days without internet, ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! But then I'll be back and be reading all the GREAT spoilers about Dominion. Yay!!!!!! And pics and wallpapers *is being VERY positive* ha ha.

But for now, I found these, and i love behind the scenes things so I thought Id share these piccys just whilst I had all those Michael/Claudia friendship thoughts in my head. Thanks Kales, in the commentary they discussed how Claud stayed and lived with him, thats cool.

Soooo, behind scenes shippy pics:

Prob be my last post for today, so ta ta all, And see you in 2 days, hurrah!

And shall check out the ship game now and vote!!!

Spoiler:
                            Thanks Stef for the great banners!!

My StarGate Music Vids: http://www.freewebs.com/padfoot_001

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics, Padfoot I guess we'll see you around here come Wed. But you'll miss out on the "exciting" discussions we'll be having about "Dominion" on Tuesday

Hopefully, I'll have my Vala vid posted by then

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                                Thanks for posting the pics, Padfoot I guess we'll see you around here come Wed. But you'll miss out on the "exciting" discussions we'll be having about "Dominion" on Tuesday

Hopefully, I'll have my Vala vid posted by then

-Stef

Congrats on 700 posts Stef
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X