No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of fics, here's something you all may want to read. It has lots of angst. If that's your thing, then you're in luck.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lmi...82.html#cutid1

Oh, it's a post-ep for Avalon 2.

Comment

It's definitely my thing, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Given what's happened to Daniel and Vala through Avalon, part 2, I think they'll get closer. What do y'all think?

Thanks, Kalliope for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
          Given what's happened to Daniel and Vala through Avalon, part 2, I think they'll get closer. What do y'all think?
          We'll see... here's a piece from Michael Shanks' interview for About.com - "Shanks says the way Black plays Vala brings out a side of Jackson we haven’t seen “a whole heckuva lot of," that sort of "Oh, my God" frustration on Daniel’s part. “But there is still something about her that intrigues him,” Shanks says, “and you see that there is this burgeoning friendship there.”"

Comment

Hmm, what to say? I haven't seen Prometheus Unbound, only heard opinions on the episode, and was curious what a continuation of Vala/Daniel dynamic would be like. I've only seen up to Avalon Part 2 but I was really touched by
            Spoiler:
            the sequence where she was burned alive and how Daniel went to her. Mainly because most of their screen time is them sniping or bantering back and as much fun as that can be I think if they go for more dramatic character driven scenes like that one that I could certainly start to get into the dynamic more and perhaps go for shipping the pair, in fanon at least.

So I'm not totally convinced of the ship being one I might like but that said if anyone can recommend some more serious/character-driven fanfic for the ship then I might be more convinced. Or at least I get the inkling I might enjoy the darker/serious take on this ship. Might be odd of me but I'd like to read some to see and figure someone here might have some fic recs for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              ...I'm not totally convinced of the ship being one I might like but that said if anyone can recommend some more serious/character-driven fanfic for the ship then I might be more convinced. Or at least I get the inkling I might enjoy the darker/serious take on this ship. Might be odd of me but I'd like to read some to see and figure someone here might have some fic recs for that.
              I wish I could help on the fic front; I'm not even sure how much is out there.

But I don't find it the least bit odd that you'd want to read some serious stuff in order to get your bearings. Certainly no odder than my not being all that interested in reading any fic until I see more of the actual onscreen dynamic, see where they go from here.

After the last two episodes, I have to admit to being quite ready to sit back and laugh through the next episode, and the
              Spoiler:
              scavenber-hunt
              plotline made for two of my all-time favourite episodes of M*A*S*H. It's a "favourite old sweater" of a storyline and I'm looking forward to see what these writers have done with it, as well as looking forward to seeing if, with Daniel and Vala
              Spoiler:
              being returned, somewhat, to their more comic-banter "roots," there's any kind of shift in tone after the extraordinary and harrowing experience they've shared. If it's as antagonistic as ever, antagonistic with undertones of something different, less antagonistic and more obviously playful, or something else entirely.
              It's like I haven't yet reached that jumping off point where I can say, "Okay, this is what they are, now let's see what other people do with them."

We all have our little peccadilloes.

There are others who are far more up-to-speed with fic in general than I am. Hopefully, someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Tucker

Comment

There's a couple of fics here...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/daniel_vala/

and if you're a livejournal addict, I would also recommend joining the community. It's still kinda small, but it's growing
                Last edited by GalaxyBeyond; 30 July 2005, 10:20 PM. Reason: cause I spell like a moron...

Comment

I think Daniel likes Vala more than he knows...he acts like he hates her, but you know that he doesn't...
                  The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainStigmata
                    I think Daniel likes Vala more than he knows...he acts like he hates her, but you know that he doesn't...
                    I think you are right. When he near Vala, he is like a child

Comment

Wow a Daniel/Vala thread!!! Woot Woot!! Score!

I thought Daniel/Vala was so stupid when i saw prometheus unbound but i started LOVING it in s9
                      Spoiler:
                      avalon2 when vala was burned and daniel went to her.... it was really emotional and i was surprised at myself but
                      that scene made me a shipper
                      "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                      and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterONeill
                        I thought Daniel/Vala was so stupid when i saw prometheus unbound but i started LOVING it in s9
                        Spoiler:
                        avalon2 when vala was burned and daniel went to her.... it was really emotional and i was surprised at myself but
                        that scene made me a shipper
                        Yeah, we'll be sending clips of that one out in all the recruitment packages.

Once we get our promotional division in order, that is. Right now, we've pretty much got a post office box, some high hopes and little to no resistance to temptation.

She's getting under his skin, alright. The boy's not even doing such a hot job of acting like he hates her. Still, I like how
                        Spoiler:
                        even though he seems to just roll with the punches with her now (although we see how long that lasts), some small thing can still surprise him: Her offering the apple to him in pure Garden of Eden fashion, or echoing his words in contributing "The universe in infinite" to the discussion of higher beings above higher beings (love the little double-take he did on that, while she just grinned at him). He might be growing accustomed to her face, but he's such a long way from figuring her out.

Tucker

Comment

Thanks, GalaxyBeyond for pimpin' the Daniel/Vala Community. That's where I post my fics.

Origin wasn't as good as the last two eps, but there were some good parts:
                          Spoiler:
                          Vala eating the apple "I'm starving." LOL! As she turned the page of the book, she gave Daniel an unrestricted view of her cleavage, didn't she? The looks they gave each other when the bracelets were off said it all, didn't it? They *so* want each other. I was disappointed that there wasn't a good bye scene between them. However, I remedied that with a fic (in aforementioned community). How about those previews? Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Can't wait for the new ep!

Comment

My pleasure

Comment

Exactly. They're made for each other, they just don't know it yet...

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                                Speaking of fics, here's something you all may want to read. It has lots of angst. If that's your thing, then you're in luck.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lmi...82.html#cutid1

Oh, it's a post-ep for Avalon 2.

Nice little filler. Thanks for sharing.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X