No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so over Ben and Claudia being a "couple" on screen. Been there done that. Bring on the Daniel/Vala ship!!

Don't get me wrong, I liked John/Aeryn, but I'm ready to see what Ben and Claudia can do when their characters are NOT involved with each other. So far...I'm totally loving S9 of SG-1!!! Rock on Claudia (yeah, you too Ben)!!!
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
      Okay... so I finally decided to stick my nose in here.

I'm on a hunt for D/V fic... and I'm guessing that digging through this thread is a good place to start.

Am I a D/V shipper? Well... for the answer to that question, I refer you to my sig.
      LOVE your sig!!!

Comment

Okay... so I finally decided to stick my nose in here.

I'm on a hunt for D/V fic... and I'm guessing that digging through this thread is a good place to start.
        You know, I haven't yet felt compelled to actively start hunting down Daniel/Vala fic. I know I'll get there, I'll be on the prowl the moment she leaves - particularly if
        Spoiler:
        she's presumed "dead" after 'Beachhead,' because there are just so many ways to plot that reunion, given the prickly, playful nature of the relationship. It'll be like the lead-in to 'Fallen' all over again, when I couldn't read enough pre-canon variations on Daniel's return before the show writers stuck their hand in.

But, right now, it's like I'm in some kind of 'Avalon'/'Origin' holding pattern, because it's all one episode, really, and it isn't over yet. This is the foundation laying, for me, and I need to see it done, and see how they emerge and have my take on in locked in before I'm ready to see where someone else goes with them (so I can apply my usual "Does this ring true or not?" criteria, I guess, when I'm reading the fic).

Which, I know, is completely antithetical to the way a lot of fic writers feel, when faced with a (mostly) blank canvas such as this. Seems wrong, when you think on it, wanting to box writers in with more of "other people's material." I don't write fan fic myself because I bristle under those kind of constraints - but, then, the stories I love the most are the ones that leave me most in awe of how fantastically the writer has worked within those boundaries and still found their own voice. That's the challenge I'm looking to see met.

Picky, or what?

Am I a D/V shipper? Well... for the answer to that question, I refer you to my sig.
        That sig is a thing of beauty.

Tucker

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
          LOVE your sig!!!
          Thank you.

I've been hoping that MGM would release a full-size cast photo of Vala, or at least one team pic that she's in, so I could make a wallpaper of them. Apparently, that's never going to happen, though, so I decided to go small.
          ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
            You know, I haven't yet felt compelled to actively start hunting down Daniel/Vala fic. I know I'll get there, I'll be on the prowl the moment she leaves - particularly if >snipped for spoilage<...
            I've only ever read Courser's fic, and there is only one word for that story... hot. Not just hot, but dang hot. Did I mention it's hot?

I'm not looking for any serious, committed, fireworks-going-off, feel-the-earth-move, soulmate romance between these two... not at all. Mainly because they'd have to tone Vala down quite a bit to pull that off, and I don't want them messing with her at all. She's perfect just the way she is.

Onscreen, I want absolutely nothing to change between them.

But offscreen, in fic? Oh my my... I've got this feeling that things are about to heat up pretty good for "her" Daniel. And that's what I'm looking for, really. The archeologist and the dominatrix... they were made for fic.

Originally posted by Tucker Case
            That sig is a thing of beauty.

Tucker
            Thank you.
            ~bri~

Comment

Thank you.

I've been hoping that MGM would release a full-size cast photo of Vala, or at least one team pic that she's in, so I could make a wallpaper of them. Apparently, that's never going to happen, though, so I decided to go small.
              Have you seen the cover of TV Zone Special #64?

Comment

Have you seen the cover of TV Zone Special #64?
                I have now. Ooooooo... purdy...

Now if I just knew someone who had a copy of it, and a scanner, who would be willing to make me a decent-sized scan of it.
                ~bri~

Comment

Here's some of my favorite moments from the episode:

Spoiler:
                  The arm-in-arm walk into the village. Yay! They fell into that husband and wife role pretty nicely, didn't they? I knew the fire scene was going to happen. Poor Daniel having to watch Vala being burned alive. Yet another woman he wasn't able to protect/save. Poor Daniel. Loved the hug/cuddling at the end. Oh yeah, I'm watching that scene of my tape a lot.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

I have now. Ooooooo... purdy...

Now if I just knew someone who had a copy of it, and a scanner, who would be willing to make me a decent-sized scan of it.
                    A copy of it is laying on my desk, I'm watching at this beautiful photo now Unfortunately I don't have a scanner at home, so I'll take it to the office tomorrow (today actually, as it's already Monday here) and scan it. What size of scan do you need?

Comment

A copy of it is laying on my desk, I'm watching at this beautiful photo now Unfortunately I don't have a scanner at home, so I'll take it to the office tomorrow (today actually, as it's already Monday here) and scan it. What size of scan do you need?
                      Oh, thank you, Kalliope. That would be great!

What size? I don't know for sure... large enough to end up with a pic of Vala that's around 800px tall above the lettering. So what would that be? Maybe 2000px tall for the whole cover? Is that possible?

I would owe you so big. Thank you!
                      ~bri~

Comment

Oh, thank you, Kalliope. That would be great!

What size? I don't know for sure... large enough to end up with a pic of Vala that's around 800px tall above the lettering. So what would that be? Maybe 2000px tall for the whole cover? Is that possible?

I would owe you so big. Thank you!

I'll see what I can do about the size.

Comment

I've only ever read Courser's fic, and there is only one word for that story... hot. Not just hot, but dang hot. Did I mention it's hot?
                          So, it's hot, then?

This is the NC-17 take on 'Prometheus Unbound,' right?

I'm not looking for any serious, committed, fireworks-going-off, feel-the-earth-move, soulmate romance between these two... not at all. Mainly because they'd have to tone Vala down quite a bit to pull that off, and I don't want them messing with her at all. She's perfect just the way she is.
                          See, I could probably go the soulmate route, eventually. But, then, I don't think they'd necessarily have to tone Vala down all that much - if at all - to pull that off.

She is perfect just the way she is, and I think Daniel could grow close to her just the way she is. I just think there's more to her than meets the eye, and discovering what "more" there is doesn't mean we have to lose any of what meets the eye.

On the contrary, it can lead to a greater appreciation of what meets the eye.

I think Daniel learned a little something about how Vala's practiced resilience and wicked humour works for her - how it can work for both of them -
                          Spoiler:
                          when, in the aftermath of what was surely the most horrific and terrifying thing she's ever experienced, she was right there with the quip. As loaded with innuendo, and at his expense, as ever, and he can't have been anything but glad to hear it. He was there in all his gentleness, humanity and compassion, she in all her brass and bawdiness, and they meshed just fine. No "corrupting" him, no "purifying" her, they don't need it.

That said, I wouldn't mind at all if, in some episode down the line, and all else having failed, Daniel were to get himself out of a sticky situation by asking himself, "Okay, what would Vala do?"

Onscreen, I want absolutely nothing to change between them.
                          I'm thinking I should have a better idea of what I'm looking for from them after the next episode. Things should shift, a little, between them after this latest incident - but not too far. That's too easy and obvious. They're both more complicated - and stubborn and prickly and guarded - than all that.

But offscreen, in fic? Oh my my... I've got this feeling that things are about to heat up pretty good for "her" Daniel. And that's what I'm looking for, really. The archeologist and the dominatrix... they were made for fic.
                          Well, I suppose fic is the best place for that particular scenario.

They're going to have to get her clearance to leave the base, though, if he's going to keep
                          Spoiler:
                          leaving the whip at home.

Tucker

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
                            Bored with Jack/Daniel/Thor, and now think I see Daneil/Vala sparkage. Bring on the fic and onscreen innuendo. Anyone else shipping for Daniel/Vala yet?

Later,
                            Graculus
                            HEAVENS NO! Please no! fanfic, sure, Onscreen - NOOOOOOOO!
                            Please visit our website: http://www.geocities.com/shutvalaup

Comment

Yep, Courser's NC-17 PU fic is very hot. She wants to write more smut, but RL is getting in the way. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go beg her.

I'm not ruling out doing some D/V smut, but I don't feel it's the right time yet. I have lots of ideas for fic, but they're set in the SGC and since this is one continuing ep, I'm going to have to shelf those for awhile.

I don't know any spoilers, but I'm starting to worry about how they're going to get Vala out of the show. I hope it'll just be that she leaves for parts unknown, so I can do some AU stuff. I really like missing scenes and post-eps, so it's going to be hard for me.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

The last ep for now with Vala is going to be "Beachhead", so after this one will be the best time for a loooooot of fics, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X