No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Tucker Case]Um...what exactly did Mitchell say, if I may ask?

Nice outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
      Nice outfit.
      Ahh. Spare, simple and to the point - and, ultimately, all in the delivery.

An actor's line.

Excellent.

Tucker

Comment

Can we talk about the ep or can we not spoil the UK people?

How amazing was it? I think our ship's off to a good start, isn't it? The banter was priceless, wasn't it? *bows down to writers*

Comment

I'm sure we can if we use spoiler tags. I thought it was great! Vala and Daniel are so cute together.

Spoiler:
          I loved it when someone(Mitchell, maybe?) suggested they get married, and Vala says "Yes! Let's make a baby!".
          The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

I loved how she
            Spoiler:
            totally ignored all the "testosterone at my disposal" and just wanted to know where "my Daniel" was! And how she just lit up when he entered the room, priceless! And of course, when she found out they were marriage bracelets, she had to think of Daniel. Vala is quickly becoming my favorite character, and her wry, witty sense of humor just makes me miss Jack. But it's nice to know Vala has taken his place as Daniel's verbal sparring partner. I don't think I've quite warmed to Mitchell yet, but that's another thread entirely.
            Last edited by Porthos1013; 16 July 2005, 12:15 PM.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
            McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
            Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
            McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Can we talk about the ep or can we not spoil the UK people?
              Engage your spoiler tags and talk away.

Please.

It'll be a while (three months and twenty-three days, but who's counting?) before this airs in Canada - and it's a touch bittersweet to think that Vala will be "gone" by the time I first see her again - but I have no intention of being in the dark until then.

I'll be hunting down screencaps of that
              Spoiler:
              lighting up in the briefing room at the first sight of "her" Daniel
              moment with the sort of hungry determination that'll make a honey-badger in a beehive seem indifferent by comparison.

Tucker

Comment

How exactly are you doing these spoiler tags?

Comment

^ do this: [spoiler_] write in the spoilery text here [/spoiler_] (but remember to remove the underscores.)

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                  McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                  Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                  McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                    ^ do this: [spoiler_] write in the spoilery text here [/spoiler_] (but remember to remove the underscores.)
                    Thanks!

Now I can discuss Avalon, as thanks to the "wonders of technology" I've watched it earlier today!

Comment

I loved it, of course, and can't wait for next week's ep which looks kind of scary & sad.

My only question about 'Avalon Pt1' is:
                      Spoiler:
                      Why did Daniel not once dispute/deny Vala's repetitive claims/inuendos that he & she had sex on Prometheus? Surely, he was just ignoring her, right? Hmmmmm....
                      CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
                      Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection: "May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
                      http://skchwojko.livejournal.com/
                      http://www.myspace.com/skchwojko

Comment

Ever hear the term "no reason to justify that with a response".
                        I am sure Daniel is a confident guy that knows that any attempt to argue with her about such things will just give her ammo to keep going. So he takes the Adult approch and just ignores her. He knows everyone knows shes lying and those that dont aren't really worth his time anyway.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I guess I can try the spoiler tag. I hope I don't screw it up.

Spoiler:
                          The banter was great. Loved the way Vala made her appearance, too. I laughed through most of their scenes together. Kind of worried about the next ep, though. I don't know too many spoilers and am trying to keep it that way.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

I guess I can try the spoiler tag. I hope I don't screw it up.

Spoiler:
                            The banter was great. Loved the way Vala made her appearance, too. I laughed through most of their scenes together. Kind of worried about the next ep, though. I don't know too many spoilers and am trying to keep it that way.

Lisa Michelle
                            good luck wite the spoilers

Comment

Oh, how could I forget:

Spoiler:
                              "Where's My Daniel?" That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Also, should I post links to my post-ep fics here, even though not everyone has seen the new eps yet?

Comment

My opinion on the D/V front is that there is definate spark there, and the characters seem to be enjoying the banter- although it's not the fanciest footwork I've seen in the banter department, but that the writers' fault and not the characters'. I like the witter, snarkier, less angelic side Vala brings out in Daniel. I mean, I love sweet Daniel, he's got marvelous integrity, and diplomatic smarts, but really- you have to have more than one setting for a character, and it's nice to see him doing more than stammering or reeling off facts at break-neck speed. Especially since some of his facts were of questionable validity, or at least, questionable pronunciation... but that's topic for a different time. Vala shines light of some of Daniel's less aired angles. And she's played by Claudia Black, which for me is reason enough to like her.

I think Vala has potential. And my mind is busy churning out backstory for her. Something I haven't seen anybody mention here is that she must be very smart or clever, or at least her mind must go very quickly, because she sure does spin a good lie, and she must be very good at planning or very good at improvisation, or both, otherwise, when you do the things that she does, you get caught and you get sent to jail. Yes, the sex jokes get old, and i hope they tone it down after a bit, but I'm a veteran of the Buffy universe too, and she's nowhere near as bad about it as Anya was, and I could stomach her couldn't I? And the outfits, well, i don't really approve of that either, but i suppose it's keeping with her character- but i still see it as the stargate costume department trying to appeal to a teenage male audience with skimpy, tight clothes.

the bottom line is that i like their chemistry, and while it's something i've seen done a time or two before, it's not something i've seen done before on stargate. I hope the keep all their options open for Vala to become a reoccuring character.

Although, who know, maybe i'll see future episodes and change my mind completely... But i seriously doubt it.

Also about Avalon?
                                Spoiler:
                                I thought that Daniel should try to pull the sword from the stone... if anyone could, it would be daniel. but he didn't even try...

Magic is a flick of the wrist...

Comment

Working...
                                X