• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kalliope
    At BBC Cult website there's new interview with Claudia:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/i...k2/index.shtml

"Working for the enemy
    What was it like playing Vala on Stargate?
    I found it interesting. I only did my scenes with Michael Shanks, I didn't really meet any of the other actors, but I found that he was, professionally, very similar to Ben.
    They were very open-minded on the set about the banter between me and Michael and what we could improvise if required, but it was a very well-written episode.
    And there's a possibility you might reprise the character?
    It was funny because the crew said to me at the time, "Your character doesn't die in this episode, so you might come back," and they're very consistent in Stargate, they do bring a lot of guest characters back.
    So there's definitely the scope for Vala, and I'll be interested to see what they come up with. And I'll be very interested to see Ben and Micheal Shanks working together.

A beautiful partnership
    If both you and Ben end up working on Stargate, there'll be a campaign to have you acting opposite each other within moments.
    Oh god! That's a really frightening prospect.
    Won't 50 per cent of the shippers want the dynamic to be exactly what they know and love from Farscape? I don't know, maybe 100% will be hoping it's the same dymanic, and I don't know how I feel about that. What an interesting propect!
    I would work with Ben in an absolute heartbeat. What I would like to do is test my range and his range, which I know goes way beyond the scope of what we were doing. Farscape gave us a lot of scope and a lot of opportunity to try many different things - the blind episode, the crazy episode. But I'd love to test our respective ranges.
    For me, as an actor, I really want to get into a realm where I'm taking huge risks, and I know that I can do that with no one more so than with Ben, so if the opportunity arose for me to go back, work on Stargate, and work closely with Ben, I'd really want to mix it up a bit and have a play."
    Love reading it, thanx . (there's more to read in the link)

Its a really funny pic...lol...Moya...hehehhe

Comment

I interupt this thread to post a link to one of the D/V vids i did.

http://www.fieryhands.com/vids2/Complete.wmv
      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
        I interupt this thread to post a link to one of the D/V vids i did.

http://www.fieryhands.com/vids2/Complete.wmv
        keep interupt
        love the video, good work!!!

Comment

From the bEN'S SG1 interview, he said
          Thus far Ben has yet to even set foot on the set of Stargate, but he is confident everything will be fine when he does. "Claudia speaks very highly of her time that she spent there in Season Eight," he said, "otherwise she wouldn't be back for Season Nine. If she didn't enjoy the process and didn't enjoy working with the people up there and with Michael then she wouldn't be back, so that speaks volumes."
          i like it!

Comment

more on Clauida/SG1 -

CLAUDIA BLACK joins SG-1

Claudia Black will appear in at least five episodes of STARGATE SG-1 as a character named Vala, reports SCI FI Wire. Vala will be introduced in the 12th episode of season eight ("Prometheus Unbound"), which airs in January.

The executive producer of the show, Robert C. Cooper, praised Claudia's acting. "It will air in January [28]," Cooper said in an interview. "It'll be the second episode back in our run on SCI FI. And we thought she was absolutely wonderful. The character really worked out. She had wonderful chemistry with Michael Shanks. She plays opposite [Shanks'] Daniel Jackson in the episode."

Black will return in five season nine episodes. "We are having to ... deal with a brief absence of Carter, [played by] Amanda Tapping, who's pregnant," Cooper said. "And we had already discussed a storyline that involved the return of Vala, ... the character played by Claudia. And so we thought it worked perfectly to have that sort of miniarc play out maybe while Amanda was less available to us."

Cooper also added that she will play several scenes with Ben Browder. "She's [a] human from another planet," he said. "And she's a bit of ... an enigma. You're not quite sure what her true story is in the episode 'Prometheus Unbound.' She's a bit of a rogue who tells a long story about her planet and her people and her past, and then in the end you're not really quite sure whether it's true or not. So she's a bit of a wild card. She's a very ... sexy character, who isn't afraid to take whatever ... she wants in any given situation. And we had a lot of fun writing the role, and I know she had a lot of fun playing it, and we're going to try very hard to maintain the integrity of that character and still have her sort of join up with the team, but still sort of keep the essence of that wonderful friction that went on between her and Daniel, and I'm sure it'll continue to sort of play out with the rest of the characters as well."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"She's [a] human from another planet
            so Vala is a human...intersting! i can't wait to see her allready

i have seen season 1 and 2 only...i guess i'll wacth season 3 and on now...
            when i have the time...i'll do so

Comment

Daniel and Vala have greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat potential as Thor would put it. One of my favourite couples ever is Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade and those two remind me of them a little.
              Although I don't see them living happily ever after or anything but, hey DANIEL COULD GET A LITTLE FREAKY! It wouldn't kill him...
              I hope.
              Homer Simpson: I'm not a religious man, but if you're up there... save me Superman!

Michael Shanks concerning his character:
              "O'neil is a warrior, Carter is a warrior, Teal'c is a warrior... somebody has to be the damsel in distress "

Stargate SG1 is my happy place.

Comment

I'm just goint to brunch in here (mind you I haven't read any of the posts) - just to say why ship for Daniel/Vala, if from what I hear that Vala will only be in 5 episodes next season

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                  I'm just goint to brunch in here (mind you I haven't read any of the posts) - just to say why ship for Daniel/Vala, if from what I hear that Vala will only be in 5 episodes next season
                  So what? It's quite possible that Daniel is going to miss Vala so they can meet in Season 10 again

Comment

Unforunately, I get the funny feeling that the Stargate PTB will probably kill Vala off at the end of season nine five episode arch. But, hey, it's science fiction...no one ever said she'd have to stay dead

Oh, yeah...US premiere in t-minus four days! (or is it five?)

Comment

Well... Claudia sort of promised us that her next characters won't die Shazza in "Pitch Black" didn't stay down and was eaten by flying monsters, Aeryn was "killed" in "Farscape" Season 2 Die Me Dichotomy episode, Pandora in "Queen of The Damned" was killed too, that's enough! Plus, even if you know that the actor/actress won't be back for the future episodes, it's not neccessary to kill the character off. There're lots of other ways to say goodbye to the character. Killing somebody off is the easiest one. I hope SG-1 PTB are more creative...

Comment

I have just seen 'Behind.The.Stargate' and Vala's epsiode was there, couple of scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                          So what? It's quite possible that Daniel is going to miss Vala so they can meet in Season 10 again
                          here's hoping for a season 10!

Comment

There are 2 new interwiews with Claudia!

http://www.ukfarscape.com/yenrug/downloads/sfx127.pdf
                            http://www.ukfarscape.com/yenrug/dow...lttimes113.pdf

Comment

new vid... well old one that I just got online

www.fieryhands.com/vids2/SFHM.zip

warning it has cursing in it and alot of Vala kicking Daniels butt
                              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                                new vid... well old one that I just got online

www.fieryhands.com/vids2/SFHM.zip

warning it has cursing in it and alot of Vala kicking Daniels butt
                                Vala!!! the clip was so funny..LOL LOL
                                the song was perfect 'she fuc*ing hates me'
                                great work!
                                can't stop laughing

and Kalliope, thanx for the interwiews, Claudia is so funny and wild. now i love her even more

Comment

Working...
                                X