Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
    I agree with Sue, Maggie...love that banner...pairing the pic of Daniel sleeping at his desk with 'ain't no sunshine when she's gone' is perfect!
    And Sue...I love "Ain't No Sunshine" too.

Matter-a-fact here's a link to my favourite version
    I'm sure you(and all the other Retrobabes) will recognize the name and the voice,lol.
    I found recordings of it on YT from recent concerts but the amateur recordings don't do justice to his voice, plus in one, his voice was drowned out by the person recording it singing along...blech!lol

http://searchbeta.playlist.com/track...avid%20Cassidy

Now even the recording doesn't compete with actually seeing him perform it in person...the swing of hips to that slow, sultry beat.........
    UH...what was I saying??????????????

LC(who is smirking that she got to link her two fandoms.lol)
    Ok that was a walk down memory lane... the hair, the unbutttoned shirt, oh how time has flown! (actually the only pop star I had the major hots for was andy gibb.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

I too want to continue keeping the oven open, just because she isn't in ONE measley ep (or movie) is no reason to pretend our favorite pairing doesn't exist!

LOL no stuffing my bra after I turned 13...

now F & B -
    favorite scene- when daniel grabs vala while beaming out.
    favorite line is the same one Hero used
    I do think Vala had maternal feelings for adria the entirety of the final season. It must have been very difficult for her to watch adria being used by the ori as she was used by Qetesh. I don't think she understood why adria supported the ori, but it hurt her to watch it.

lovely artwork hopalong. you do a fine job. *gazes in admiration*
    Last edited by Rac80; 05 January 2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Well I actually managed to watch Flesh and Blood today

Nicole's got my fave quote and cap on her post
      I believe that to an extent Vala does have motherly feelings towards Adria. As she is being taken away the first thing she asks for is to hold her baby which shows a degree of affection. She is also trying to get her to stop following the will of the Ori and possibly trying to protect her. Part of this is because she is the Orici so she is trying to stop her from causing devestation in the galaxy, but at the same time I think she is following her maternal instinct with Adria.
      I also enjoyed the team feeling to the episode and the way in which they all worry about each other when they are unsure of their fates. Its nice to be able to see this portrayed on screen.

Well I found this the other day and seeing as it is a drawing from this episode I thought I'd show it
      vala-img.jpg

Comment

good evening cakes!!

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post

Maggie!!!!
        Now I have a new favorite song from LC with a Fic to reread too. Nat honey...... are you home safe?

*making plans*..... Listen to song .... read matching fic... listen to song.... think about video to song...... Listen to song. Dream about it all. Yeap, tonight is all planned out for me.

Edit: Did I say how much I love your new Banner Maggie? *runs to find that wonderful RetroSong - Ain't No Sunshine* Woohoo.
        thanks!!!
        love it too, its really a great one love that song too

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
        i love that fic!!! it's absolutely amazing. I htink i'm going to go and re-read it now.
        me too!! its one of my favourite fics, gonna have to re-read it too

I agree with Sue, Maggie...love that banner...pairing the pic of Daniel sleeping at his desk with 'ain't no sunshine when she's gone' is perfect!
        And Sue...I love "Ain't No Sunshine" too.

Matter-a-fact here's a link to my favourite version
        I'm sure you(and all the other Retrobabes) will recognize the name and the voice,lol.
        I found recordings of it on YT from recent concerts but the amateur recordings don't do justice to his voice, plus in one, his voice was drowned out by the person recording it singing along...blech!lol

http://searchbeta.playlist.com/track...avid%20Cassidy

Now even the recording doesn't compete with actually seeing him perform it in person...the swing of hips to that slow, sultry beat.........
        UH...what was I saying??????????????

LC(who is smirking that she got to link her two fandoms.lol)
        thank you!
        heard the song when i was having breakfast and thought "this is so the perfect song for it!"

still have to post my favourite scenes of the last eps i watched, here they are

Ties that bind

Favourite scenes:

there are so many in this ep!

Vala's "miss me?" scene at the beginning is awesome

then vala and daniel in dr. lee's lab

spoiler for size
        Spoiler:
        JACKSON: look I know we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but it's not like we have a lot of choice, unless you happen to know someone else who understands this technology! *she sighs and turns away, they both look at her* You know someone? Someone who can help us?

VALA: …No. *he stands up* and…yes… *he pulls the electrodes off*

LEE: ut um…wait We're not done here yet.

JACKSON: *walks over in front of her putting on glasses* Who?

VALA: a Scientist who was studying the bracelets at one point.

JACKSON: *He grabs her arm and pulls her to her feet* Well let's go see them.

VALA: No! Out of the question.

JACKSON: Why?

VALA: I'd rather not say.

JACKSON: He's the guy you stole the bracelets from, right?

VALA: How dare you assume that I acquired those bracelets through anything but honest means. I may have a less than perfect reputation…

JACKSON: *closes eyes* You told me you stole them! *opens eyes*

VALA: Did I?

JACKSON: Yes!

VALA: Oh. Anyway, he won't help us.

JACKSON: Correction. he won't help you. *small grin*

VALA: Fine! But if we're going *looks him up and down* we'll need a change of clothes.

JACKSON: Fine! *he heads off*

VALA: Fine *follows*

and the scene later where vala is in daniels room hehe
        valas innocent question "isnt this my room?" is brilliant. and daniels reaction to "shall we make the best of it?" is just awesome, i imagine hes considering for a second before he then answers "no we shalln't" hehe

Powers that be

Favourite Scenes

in this episode there is also a great speach of daniel, i love it when he does that, hes got such a passion for talking and making people understand

and later in the ep theres such a wonderful scene where vala talks to daniel, and is desperate because she cant help these people. its a beautiful scene that makes her character so much more human

Beachhead

Favourite Scenes

daniel and valas conversation when they get aboard the prometheus.
        daniel: vala this is a military vessel.
        vala: i know, darling, ive stolen it before.
        daniel: try to be ...
        vala: my charming self?
        daniel: a little less talk, a little more shut the hell up

and then he takes her scarf hehe, wonder if he still has that

ohh and at the end of the episode when daniel says "well, we wanted to send them a message", i love that part.

Comment

Hey Fruitcakes! Anyone see this?

Brad Wright (Yes....theee....Brad Wright) visited Gateworld today...in the Joe Mallozzi Blog Thread!

Originally posted by Brad Wright View Post
          No, you're right, I just hated how it looked and where we decided to put them. I liked the concept a lot.

And now that I'm here, let me use this obscure thread I happened upon while waiting for my 18 hours delayed plane to clarify a couple of other things from the q/a:

I am immensely proud of Atlantis.

I like Vala. If I thought there was a role for her character in the third movie, she would be included.

I meant no disrespect when I suggested that fan reaction to such things as cancellation was predictible.

There were many, many factors that went into how we moved forward. Please know that we chose what we thought was the best path considering all of the financial and creative variables, some of which you will never be aware of. It very very easily could have been nothing. No Atlantis, no SGU, no movies.

I meant no disrespect to fans in general, but it was clear from several of the questions that many of you have no respect for me. I thought I was just giving as good as I got. The condensing comment was a joke. Go back and look at the question.

I probably shouldn't do anymore q/a's.

Brad Wright
          So....if he says he likes Vala. Then.....how come he can't find a place for her in the third movie? You'd think that if he liked Vala that much you think that he would try very hard to put her in the movie.

What do you Fruitcakes think?
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post

Brad Wright (Yes....theee....Brad Wright) visited Gateworld today...in the Joe Mallozzi Blog Thread!

So....if he says he likes Vala. Then.....how come he can't find a place for her in the third movie? You'd think that if he liked Vala that much you think that he would try very hard to put her in the movie.

Now, that seems final and does seem to be his choice and not the choice of the Actress Claudia Black. Now I am very sad. I was wishing that it was because of commitments she had for other projects.

As for Mr. Wright.... We do see that he reads the threads and is rather sensitive to criticism. I guess all the debates did get him to respond as to "why" but I really don't see that it has swayed him in any way to change his mind. Maybe he will change his practice of reading forums.
            Last edited by SundaySusans; 05 January 2009, 04:58 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by Toomi

Comment

As for Mr. Wright.... We do see that he reads the threads and is rather sensitive to criticism. I guess all the debates did get him to respond as to "why" but I really don't see that it has swayed him in any way to change his mind. Maybe he will change his practice of reading forums.
              I'm glad he isn't openly against her, although from his writing I wonder which Vala he likes, since it certainly doesn't seem to be the one we all do. I was disappointed that he's that sensitive to criticism and felt like lashing out was appropriate...not the way to endear yourself even to fans who already liked you.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                I'm glad he isn't openly against her, although from his writing I wonder which Vala he likes, since it certainly doesn't seem to be the one we all do. I was disappointed that he's that sensitive to criticism and felt like lashing out was appropriate...not the way to endear yourself even to fans who already liked you.

*waves* Hey Merry, I have reread his post and I do wonder if I am the only one reading something into the financial thing..... How many main players are part of SG1 etc...... I wonder if financially they decided to drop the one with the least seniority? Hm???? Does seem they way of the world now.

I made a poster for support.

Edit:
                Of course I have to leave a Vala Video too. I do love this one. Good versus Evil.....
                Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
                Last edited by SundaySusans; 05 January 2009, 06:09 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig by Toomi

Comment

I already said my peace about it. Though my inital post could've indeed used more tact and I appologised for it in the other post. But I didn't appologise for what I said, but the way I said it. Cause how I feel about it isn't gonna change. But I could've indeed said it better. *nod nod*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post

Well I guess I'm going to be the dissenting, reasonable voice on this issue. I'm not having a lot of issues with this decision.
                    It's already been established the third movie is Jack-centric and as long as no one outright says that Vala had died or left the SGC or it has Daniel being overtly interested in someone else then I'm okay with Vala not being in the movie...just means that whatever the mission is that the movie is centred around she was occupied with something else...an upcoming chapter of 'Best' taking place during late November 2010 would suggest that she isn't allowed to take part because she's pregnant.
                    NOW, if a fourth movie comes along and she's NOT in that one, then I'll be rethinking my attachment to this franchise.
                    LC
                    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

*waves* Hey Merry, I have reread his post and I do wonder if I am the only one reading something into the financial thing..... How many main players are part of SG1 etc...... I wonder if financially they decided to drop the one with the least seniority? Hm???? Does seem they way of the world now.

[/SIZE][/B][/URL]
                      I would have been happy to chip in for the added expense of having CB. My enthusiasm for this third movie is.... sincerely diminished now.
                      sigpic

Comment

How can they not have Vala in the thrid movie Maybe Claudia is unavailable...

Comment

Well I guess I'm going to be the dissenting, reasonable voice on this issue. I'm not having a lot of issues with this decision.
                          It's already been established the third movie is Jack-centric and as long as no one outright says that Vala had died or left the SGC or it has Daniel being overtly interested in someone else then I'm okay with Vala not being in the movie...just means that whatever the mission is that the movie is centred around she was occupied with something else...an upcoming chapter of 'Best' taking place during late November 2010 would suggest that she isn't allowed to take part because she's pregnant.
                          NOW, if a fourth movie comes along and she's NOT in that one, then I'll be rethinking my attachment to this franchise.
                          LC
                          *nods nods* yep what she said.

Comment

LC
                            Especially after reading that entry by BW, I'm kinda here too. I'm still about the whole no Vala thing. But I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude and see how Stargate 4 comes out.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Well, I still say that Vala should be in. In AoT they made a diffrent storyline for just Cam and Sam. I mean, if not possible, just tag her along with the rest of them and make her shoot something. She's very good at that
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

oh my god, i cant believe Brad Wright himself made a post on Gateworld on that issue. Wow, we DO INDEED have some power thats awesome! but on the other side i wished he hadnt, cause that post didnt make it any better, maybe even worse.

i have to say i agree with you LC, if shes not gonna be in the 4th movie (lets cross our fingers theres gonna be one) then this is the final confirmation that there is something wrong.

i also agree with you gioia, if BW would really like Vala, he would find a place. For characters you like you ALWAYS find something they could do, even if they're just present and help the others with their problems.

i'm also so proud that i see so many siggys for valas support! go us!

Comment

Working...
                                X