Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
    Travelers? Is that the SGA one with the Vala clone that just wasn't funny, or as sincere like Vala in the end. Her looks at Daniel at the end make me weak. Or was the sincerity or was she playing with him. HEHE
    Yep that's the one.....That's 43 minutes of my life i'll never get back

It was a very poor imitation of this ep....Where this ep was fun Travellers was, um well...hmmm.....There's language barriers here, right

Travellers had no chemistry between Shep and Larrin, it was boring, it was as funny as getting teeth pulled....Yeah it was the complete opposite of this
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Yep that's the one.....That's 43 minutes of my life i'll never get back

It was a very poor imitation of this ep....Where this ep was fun Travellers was, um well...hmmm.....There's language barriers here, right

Travellers had no chemistry between Shep and Larrin, it was boring, it was as funny as getting teeth pulled....Yeah it was the complete opposite of this
      Exactly.... After Prometheus Unbound they made it happen for Claudia Black to come back.....

Larrin came back I know for at least one other episode and all I could think was... oh wait... can't say that here.... But she just wasn't funny and the Way Sheppard looked at her was more like a piece of , oh, can't say that either. hehe

After Avalon the D/V ship really took off here. Is there a Sheppard/Larrin ship thing going? Don't think I ever saw that.

This is the quality of Michael Shanks and Claudia Black when she returned. This is when I became a Fruitcake.
      The Avalon Scene
      Last edited by SundaySusans; 03 January 2009, 03:54 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Toomi

Comment

Exactly.... After Prometheus Unbound they made it happen for Claudia Black to come back.....

Larrin came back I know for at least one other episode and all I could think was... oh wait... can't say that here.... But she just wasn't funny and the Way Sheppard looked at her was more like a piece of , oh, can't say that either. hehe

After Avalon the D/V ship really took off here. Is there a Sheppard/Larrin ship thing going? Don't think I ever saw that.

This is the quality Claudia Black returning.
        The Avalon Scene
        Yeah the ep she had him um, tied to a chair (and I say that very loosly) with rubber something or other.....It was a really ridiculous scene, he could have shook the binding off him Shep looked constipated every time he looked at her

Yeah I think there is a Shep/Larrin ship thread but it's not very active most of the time

I love Claudia, she's a great actress....I saw her in Pitch black a few years ago too
        sigpic

Comment

Hi all! Just stopping by to spread hugs and sympathy over the recent news about Vala and the third SG-1 movie.

Very saddened by this news.

Technically, I consider myself a "non-shipper" in that I really would rather not see any true ship on screen, but I do have a soft spot for DV (and the subtlety of the DV ship is part of the reason for that). And MS and CB had wonderful chemistry. Even without shipy scenes, it was still obvious that the two characters felt a great deal for each other (ack! why am I talking past tense here?). Don't know why BW wouldn't want to take advantage of Vala's energy and enthusiasm in the next movie. The character had so much potential and worked so well with the other characters (yes, especially Daniel, but also Cam and Teal'c).

So yes. I'm sad too. *hugs* to all.
          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
            Hi all! Just stopping by to spread hugs and sympathy over the recent news about Vala and the third SG-1 movie.

Very saddened by this news.

Technically, I consider myself a "non-shipper" in that I really would rather not see any true ship on screen, but I do have a soft spot for DV (and the subtlety of the DV ship is part of the reason for that). And MS and CB had wonderful chemistry. Even without shipy scenes, it was still obvious that the two characters felt a great deal for each other (ack! why am I talking past tense here?). Don't know why BW wouldn't want to take advantage of Vala's energy and enthusiasm in the next movie. The character had so much potential and worked so well with the other characters (yes, especially Daniel, but also Cam and Teal'c).

So yes. I'm sad too. *hugs* to all.
            I love what you are saying Khentkawes. We do need all the hugs around here. *wipes nose on sleeve*. It is so great to have other GW'ers talk about the Chemistry of these two actors and the characters they portray. We are very lucky with Daniel and Vala being so touchy all the time. Great pics and wonderful vidoes are made from just a couple of years on screen. Here is one of the best of the D/V videos.

Time Takes It Toll On Us

sigpic
            Sig by Toomi

Comment

Mag, Just read Chapter nine. I loved.
              Spoiler:
              Sam's talks with both of them.
              sigpic
              Sig by Toomi

Comment

oooo!!! that's one of my absolute favorites!!!! Stef is so amazing when it comes to d/v videos!!!!

(it feels good to be back in the nice and cozy oven!!!!! i've been away for wayyyy too long!!)
                thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                  oooo!!! that's one of my absolute favorites!!!! Stef is so amazing when it comes to d/v videos!!!!

Nicole!!!!!
                  ! Girl, I have missed my Video Buddy. Boooooo that school.....hehe You work hard so you can have D/V break times. k?

Hey girl, I just left a video rec on your page. I adore ChristianGateFan's new one. Not just D/V but I posted it in the Devilish off topic thread.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Toomi

Comment

Nicole!!!!!
                    ! Girl, I have missed my Video Buddy. Boooooo that school.....hehe You work hard so you can have D/V break times. k?

Hey girl, I just left a video rec on your page. I adore ChristianGateFan's new one. Not just D/V but I posted it in the Devilish off topic thread.
                    i've missed you too Susan!!!! i hate school this year so much. too much work, but hopefully soon i'll have some more time in the oven!!

i got the link, and i loved the video!!!! thanks for the rec!!
                    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Similarities of the dismissal of the Character of Elizabeth to the Dropping Vala out of the next Movie. Does this writer have a clue on how to develop female characters or does he just drop them?

LC, Tash, Merry, Sue, Rac, Gioia, Maggie....... Group hug..... another one. Females unite!!!! Burning the bra now.......
                      Jirl power! (Farscape reference if you didn't know) In all honesty, I don't think BW knows what to do with women characters. Looking at the episodes he's written, while he may not totally destroy their characters most of the time, the women are written quite flatly or in very small parts. Seeing him in interviews, I'm not sure he has any intuition about characters who aren't like him.

*Waves* Thanks Linda for stopping by. I am a huge farscape fan also and people don't kill me either.... I only liked Ben as Cam in the last movie. I still see him as John.....hehe.
                      Why would being a Farscape fan make people want to kill you? Especially in the one thread where we all love Claudia Black. I watched FS after loving Cam and Vala and wanting to see more of them...I truly don't get the roles confused, though.

Travelers? Is that the SGA one with the Vala clone that just wasn't funny, or as sincere like Vala in the end. Her looks at Daniel at the end make me weak. Or was the sincerity or was she playing with him. HEHE
                      I have to admit, I liked Travelers. I didn't make the connection to PU, just enjoyed the Sheppard/Larrin chemistry, which was its own unique brand. If they had continued on with her character like they did with Vala's, I think she could have been great.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Hey everyone, for some reason I had a weird feeling some of you might be interested in this

We need all the support we can get!
                        ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

yay for creating that thread!
                          also finished my keep vala siggy

Comment

I know the Oven's pretty down right now...do we want to continue with the rewatch just yet? The last episode was Crusade, so, technically Camelot has Vala, but do we think that counts enough to discuss?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Yes, it does!! We must keep The Oven open and up!!!!!!!!!!
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                                I know the Oven's pretty down right now...do we want to continue with the rewatch just yet? The last episode was Crusade, so, technically Camelot has Vala, but do we think that counts enough to discuss?
                                Merry, thanks so much. Do you think that we should try to keep things going so when old memebers that return for "the fight" can jump in and play too? I hate to think that we drop all the things we love about Daniel and Vala just because of one Movie. Many of us don't care for the moives compared to the episodes anyway. I don't think that there was going to be the great D/V moments in the movies that we have had from the televison episodes or in our fandom fics etc.

Edit:
                                Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                Yes, it does!! We must keep The Oven open and up!!!!!!!!!!
                                AMC. I just saw your post. Woohoo!!!!! I feel the same way.... KEEP THE OVEN OPEN !!!! Woohoo.

How can we seem sincere of our love if the Oven is Closed or Empty.

Back in a few minutes with a Video to add music to the Oven.
                                Last edited by SundaySusans; 04 January 2009, 07:17 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Toomi

Comment

Working...
                                X