Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello all. Happy New year!!!
    The siggie and icon were great weren't they? It 's so nice to know talented people who don't mind sharing their talents with the less fortunate!

Ok crusade-
    Great ep in general.
    Favorite scene... when vala (in Daniel's body) walks into the men's locker room smirking at people.
    Favorite quote-
    Cam: Jackson, is there something I should know?
    (the way he says it just makes me giggle, every time)

Does Vala love Tomin? Yes in a way I think she does. He rescued her ,fed her, kept her safe, and married her when she needed him to. I think they shared a lot and that built bonds of trust, respect, and affection between them. She seems sincerely worried for him and bothered by the fact he was such a kind and gentle man and now is going to kill others. She even thought he was attractive as she told the SGC. She seemed drawn to his gentleness and caring ways. I don't think she had ever been treated as kindly and sweetly as he treated her. IF she had not been able to get back to the SGC (And Daniel) I think she could have contentedly stayed with Tomin.

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRUITCAKES!!!

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
      I made these for Rache and couldn't help but to show them off. lol So yeah. Critique? WHat do you guys think? Think Rache will like them?

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12095

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12094
      sooo pretty!!!

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
      Happy New Year Mag and all Fruitcakes in your Time Zone.
      Maggie.... Happy new year an hour ago.
      Nat and Kath, Hope you are having a wonderful Scotish New Year. Woohoo

thanks!!
      looking forward to many great vid postings from you this year

we are already at crusade?! oh dear, ill never catch up
      just watched Origin today.

Origin

Favourite Scene:

Daniels speech to the ori doci, thats so awesome

spoiler for length
      Spoiler:
      DOCI: The book of Origin says, those who seek the path of enlightenment must NOT be led astray.
      DANIEL: Right. See, that can be interpreted a number of different ways. I think maybe I know what the Ori are, ah... who they are. Um, and I’m not denying that they’re powerful beings, but if I’m right... they’re not gods. They’re like the Ascended beings I know. They simply have a greater understanding and knowledge of the universe.
      DOCI: What is a god, but a being that is worshipped by those beneath? Is great power, knowledge, understanding not enough for you to revere the Ori?
      DANIEL: Respect, yes. Certainly. But that doesn’t mean I’d murder innocent people in their name. I guess what I’m trying to understand is whether the Ori have spoken to you directly and told you to worship them, or whether you’ve misinterpreted some evidence you found along the way and developed this religion on your own. I can’t speak for everyone in my galaxy, but in my own humble opinion, I don’t believe that any individual or society can achieve enlightenment through fear-mongering and force and servitude no matter what power is presented as evidence. That’s something the Ascended beings I know seem very clearly to understand. Don’t get me wrong, we should all be trying to better ourselves, if Ascension is the ultimate end we’re all trying to achieve then so be it, but we should all be allowed to get there or not of our own free will. Kill me for saying that, but that is what I believe. Nothing you say or do will ever change my mind.
      Last edited by sg-daniel; 02 January 2009, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Crusade

1. What was your favourite scene? Why? When Tomin rescues Vala after three days chained up...it's really the first moment when we see that he's not going to be just a bad guy, but instead is a 3D character.

3. What was your favourite quote? "Darth Vader" (And Cam's answer, followed by Sam's incredulity at them missing one kind of important reference. )

4. Does Vala love Tomin? What kind of love? I think Tomin was Vala's first real mature love, apart from her infatuation with Daniel. She did not want to have that kind of love or life, and would have run away fast if she had a choice, but she didn't. She had to play along. But the thing about playing along is, you can't remain totally objective. If you're acting as if you're happy, it's going to help you feel happy. And so I think Vala did fall in love with Tomin, as she said to him in LITS. A quiet, comfortable love, perhaps, and maybe it would have fallen apart in time—but it was there. Like Sha're was for Daniel, it was real and valid, but in hindsight its purpose was to prepare for a better love.

5. Did all those months living a totally different life from her usual one prepare Vala for fitting in at the SGC? I think Tomin scared Vala sober, in a way. She was forced to live as an ordinary person, as someone surrounded by people who were just as affected as her by the Ori, people she learned to care about who were then hurt. And once you have names to faces, you can't just run away and ignore the problem. So when Daniel comes along in F&B, she stands and fights for what's right and for him, and the layer of seriousness that she forgot she had shows through in Morpheus only a few days later. It's what kept Cam/Sam/Teal'c from rejecting her offhand as Daniel's pet project.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

To the question of Vala's feelings for Tomin. It's that guy that loves you, that you know you should love but somehow don't. Not in the way of the grand passion. And then of course, her simple, besotted suitor turned and became an Ori zealot.

Tomin was played very well by Tom Guinee. I think there was a lot of fudged morality in Stargate but I liked his speech when he stood up to the Prior.

Mag

The Blue Moon Awards are up again. Link is on LC's sig. Anyway, if you've got an appropriate fic, please nominate it. Me and LC are already there but there are a lot more fics out there that need a mention. If you have a favourite nominate it. I would say, LC and I but I'm anti-posh. LC isn't. She won't admit to saying 'hoose.' And we know all Canadians do that.

Mag
          Last edited by Magnecite; 02 January 2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
            I made these for Rache and couldn't help but to show them off. lol So yeah. Critique? WHat do you guys think? Think Rache will like them?

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12095

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12094
            So pretty!!!

Hello Fruitcakes!!! Happy New Year!!
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I should quote you guys but I'm going to be lazy and just talk. Sleeping all day was wonderfully awful. Plans are being made now to stop being a vampire..... oh oh.... i love vampire shows.... hehe.

I'll wave to you guys and hugs to everyone on this page. Sue, Wendy, Serena, Rac, Maggie, Merry, Mag, and AMC. I am getting all sentimental. I know that Nicole said it all a few pages back. You guys and this thread are extremely wonderful. ok. more hugs. hehe. GROUP HUG.

Video of 2009

Another new one. This one is for you younguns. hehe Miley Cyrus. Pretty good song actually.

In My Place

OK, I'm starting the new year now....... off to do good stuff. hehe
              sigpic
              Sig by Toomi

Comment

*hugs SundaySusan*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  *hugs SundaySusan*
                  AMC, I love hugs.

Hey girls, I still haven't discussed my favorite Vala episode. I am going to rewatch it after I get some New Year Cleaning done. Yes, don't be shocked. Susan is cleaning...... but at least there is music. Using a playlist.

Fun D/V Videos

Tomin and Vala....... I so want her to be "in love" with him. I think that she was and was content to be with him. Untill. After the altar she started looking for a way to go. That point makes me tear. Especially since she was at a very vulnerable part of her pregnancy then. So sad. But I do think she was settling for a comfortable place with her love for Tomin. The joy she had and the passion you see when she was around Daniel was not there. It was like she was playing a role with Tomin and that left out so much of her playfulness.

End of that break..... off to more cleaning. eeekk
                  Last edited by SundaySusans; 02 January 2009, 12:45 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Toomi

Comment

*waves
                    Hello, Fruitcakes! I have to admit to being a noob here (but have loved the whole Daniel/Vala thing for some time).
                    I'm re-watching the whole thing & will be starting up season 3 in a couple days, so I have a LONG way to go before the sexy-wacko shows up. In the meantime, I thought I'd share some icon things I did over on LJ for DV for the holidays. I'm so not a writer, so I just used quotes from the episodes that I snagged the images from.

From Unbound to Unending
                    Some examples:

The whole thing kinda makes me want to skip right into season 9, but I'll be patient. Ha! I'm going to go check out some of the vids you all have been posting lately ~

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                      *waves
                      Hello, Fruitcakes! I have to admit to being a noob here (but have loved the whole Daniel/Vala thing for some time).
                      I'm re-watching the whole thing & will be starting up season 3 in a couple days, so I have a LONG way to go before the sexy-wacko shows up. In the meantime, I thought I'd share some icon things I did over on LJ for DV for the holidays. I'm so not a writer, so I just used quotes from the episodes that I snagged the images from.

From Unbound to Unending
                      Some examples:

The whole thing kinda makes me want to skip right into season 9, but I'll be patient. Ha! I'm going to go check out some of the vids you all have been posting lately ~
                      Pic!!!!! I love the icons.... Can I use some on my LiveJournal? They have so many different moods. The text you used where great. Hm? I can only have a few..... which ones.... which ones..... I want them all.

There are some great videos out there. Hope you enjoy.

*waves to tash*

Where are you doing the re-watch? I have all ten seasons now and want to watch them with people. I'll have to catch up.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Toomi

Comment

*waves* Hey Susan

Happy new year everyone!

Love the icons Pic

I'm still failing at joining in this rewatch, I'm gonna have to try at some point

Has anyone seen Brad Wrights Q&A on Joe Mallozzis blog? I just read this;

Libkat writes: “Rumors persist that you aren’t a big fan of Vala as a character. Will Claudia Black continue to have a place in the SG1 movie universe? I adore the way Vala kept the snarky side of Daniel Jackson alive after RDA left the show and CB and MS have terrific chemistry.”

BW: I thought Claudia was terrific in Continuum, but Vala won’t be returning
                        in the third movie.

Its sad to think that she wont be in the next movie, I don't think it will be the same without her

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                          *waves

From Unbound to Unending
                          Some examples:

Hey, I is noob too!!! I've been on this thread for about a week!

Comment

Originally posted by TishTash View Post
                            *waves* Hey Susan

Happy new year everyone!

Love the icons Pic

I'm still failing at joining in this rewatch, I'm gonna have to try at some point

Libkat writes: “Rumors persist that you aren’t a big fan of Vala as a character. Will Claudia Black continue to have a place in the SG1 movie universe? I adore the way Vala kept the snarky side of Daniel Jackson alive after RDA left the show and CB and MS have terrific chemistry.”

in the third movie.

Its sad to think that she wont be in the next movie, I don't think it will be the same without her
                            OH NO!!!!!

I guess I'll save that $15. You guys know I am here as a Claudia Black fan.

OH NO!!!!!

Hopefully this time will give her an oppurtunity to find so great project for the future. I do love her audio book career. But I will so miss Vala. *tear*

I need a hug.

Off to Supper with the family. Back in time for Sanctuary tonight.

Edit: While I'm waiting for everyone to get ready to go...... I have a wonderful idea as a result of the news........ The Vala story is over so Fanfiction is open to make wonderful stories.....

Anthing is open to write into Vala's future.

Woohoo, they movies never do much on Character Development but in Fanfiction we can do IT ALL......... We are Free!!!!

*Group hug again* I'll still miss Pics of Vala.
                            Last edited by SundaySusans; 02 January 2009, 01:37 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by TishTash View Post

in the third movie.

Wow, you're fast—I just saw it a couple minutes before coming here.

I am absolutely spitting nails! Earlier in the message, he picked the one slightly-less-than-polite question that mentioned disappointment with how Vala was written, and then just blew it off and made a dry remark about the questioner's character. And then to just make that comment like Vala was just a minor character like Major Davis who wouldn't be showing up. I've never felt this much anger about one of TPTB!

I didn't have a big reaction about Continuum, but I should have trusted the Fruitcakes who've been here longer... Gah! I have angry tears threatening to come, for Claudia's sake, for Vala's sake, for MS and Daniel and DeVillish all at once. It makes me want to send a bunch of letters to Claudia Black full of honest praise and appreciation for the amazing job she's done with this character, and then boycott this movie. Except I know that Chris and Amanda and Michael and (hopefully, if BW doesn't write him out too) Ben will be great in it, and I want to support them too...they should be a whole team, though.

ETA: *hugs Susan* *hugs The Oven*

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Oh, well, not too unexpected. They will fade into the night, like the Star Trek original crew. Why do US TV series, particularly, never finish a story. I mean if you want to sell DVD's you think you'd say, let's finish this off. We've been spinning this yarn for years. But no, endless prevarication until they die, with a fizzle. It will come to the point where someone actually does complete a story and it will be seen as the BIG new thing...

I think I'll watch films in future but if they're successful, they have prequels and sequels. Gah!!!

Mag.

Comment

Working...
                                X