Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natalia View Post
    Wow you sure did have a productive day! lots of good ideas flying around guys - my excitment is mounting too assuming i survive the next two days of midterm he-...heck, i will be so ready to work on this
    good luck your midterms! yeah, today was super productive, and since i have no homework besides to study, i'm typing out the part of my d/v fic that i wrote in school, and i plan on finishing it tonight.
    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
      good luck your midterms! yeah, today was super productive, and since i have no homework besides to study, i'm typing out the part of my d/v fic that i wrote in school, and i plan on finishing it tonight.
      thanks! and i'm excited to read your fic did you write the library one based on my terrible terrible luck?

*goes back to studying for the night*
      My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

thanks! and i'm excited to read your fic did you write the library one based on my terrible terrible luck?

*goes back to studying for the night*
        yes, i've been writing, but i'm not finished. the one that i'm writing now has a bit of humor in it, i was almost hysterical when i was writing it let's just say daniel's teaching vala how to do the laundry.

have fun studying natalia don't work yourself too hard

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Oh, for sure. I mean, this is a very productive project! Totally. And the best part is that it's not obsessive at all. AT ALL. But I agree, it would be great if we could get as many fans as possible to contribute to a D/V scrapbook. If we're getting really industrious, we could do Daniel/MS and Vala/CB versions as well

Yes, well...maybe we should ask the thread for ideas on...our project.

I heard about your brother's wedding...ruins our entire plan!! I mean, we need a whole D/V contingent there! Then we can all be stupid and goofy and hang out in between drooling sessions. Of course, I just implied that I am going...which isn't a certainty

Dude, I was just looking at your banner *cough* And I had an epiphany of the cover of the scrapbook, complete with a title: Unbound and Unending Cheesy? Absolutely!

-Stef
          *raises hand* I'd like to help too.

Wow!! Stef, that is cheesy, but totally awesome too... I love it!!!
          MS and CB versions. Oh lord. i'm getting sucked in now lol.

and yes perhaps we should ask the other cakes...cause we're sure getting nowhere...

so everyone knows about my sad sad situation eh? *sigh* oh and WAY to make me feel better about having to miss it
          I sent pictures of MS and BB to my brother's fiance and she told be to screw the wedding and go lol. i don't think she meant it though. and my mother would go into cardiac arrest. we should have a fruitcake convention of our own sometime. I can just picture it now...a weekend of fruitcake fun, food, vid and episode watching, FIC READINGS, lol oh my, i'm losing my mind. but come on wouldn't that be hilariously fun?

AND I LOVE THE NAME FOR THE BOOK YOU ARE SO AWESOME.

EDIT: i'm sorry i'm still seeing us all in one room watching say...MM can you imagine the combined squeeing? and besides there would be so much social contagion in that situtation our combined feelings would be amplified as they spread through the group causing irrational or extreme behaviour (yes i AM studying for a social psychology midterm as we speak)
          sorry, Nat, that was me. I think I told Kris and Stef because I was trying to get more information about ChicagoCon this August. But I love the idea of a fruitcake convention. That would be a lot of fun!!

~Erin

Comment

Hi, whoever's about. I've been on the fruitcakes Youtube site listening to some of the new videoes, that was fun. A couple of the songs sound like they come from musicals.

Good luck with the scrapbook. I've never been to a con, partly because I hear vague stirrings of the Galaxy Quest soundtrack but mostly because if I write about fictional pairings that's they way I like them to stay. I guess it's a nice way for people to meet and share an interest but its not for me. I do enjoy the occasional clip from cons on the net. Anyway, if that's your thing, I hope you enjoy it.

Pic request. Does anyone have any pics of the commissary or the gate room where Walter sits. If DV are in them even better.

One thing I do like is a quick drool over is the PU pics being posted and the one's of the boys in leather. I might attend a con if CB and MS re-enacted the fight scene or if the boys stayed in their leather and dustcoats.

One can drool, I mean dream.

Mag.

Comment

*rescues thread from the second page*

random Daniel/Vala song break: "At the Beginning" by Donna Lewis and Richard Marx. i forgot how much i loved this song!!! it reminded me of d/v when i heard it again!!!! here's the link to the Farscape video on youtube with the song, and the video to that is amazing too, but i think it kinda fits d/v as well as john/aeryn. and i figured that most of us on here are farscape fans, so what the frell!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhu2frrMTaI

Comment

*pops in*

on a ten minute break from studying and just wanted to ask y'all

has anyone been watching the special features bits for ark of truth on the gateworld homepage?

Spoiler:
                cause I have been watching them all so far and I am seeing a distinct lack of claudia...as in none. I am NOT going to be impressed with claud-less special features let me say it now and say it loud. seriously. is there a reason they keep bumping her off to the side? really? cause GEESH already.

just wondering

*pops back to studying*

Comment

*pops in*

on a ten minute break from studying and just wanted to ask y'all

has anyone been watching the special features bits for ark of truth on the gateworld homepage?

Spoiler:
                  cause I have been watching them all so far and I am seeing a distinct lack of claudia...as in none. I am NOT going to be impressed with claud-less special features let me say it now and say it loud. seriously. is there a reason they keep bumping her off to the side? really? cause GEESH already.

just wondering

*pops back to studying*
                  Spoiler:
                  really? claudia's not in them???? that's so weird, they didn't put her in the promo pics (i know she was pregnant, but they could've waited), and now not in the special features??? that's sooooo frelling stupid!

ONE WEEK UNTIL ARK OF TRUTH TOMORROW!!!

i'm super excited, can't you tell????

well, i'm off to bed. why does school have to control my life?????? good night fruitcakes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                    omg, i think i just had a heartattack!!! i'm sooooo excited about all of this!!! and i love the title Stef it's so adorable!!!!! *calms self down* ok, i knew there was a reason that i got through the school day today

oh, and Stef i did sleep on some of the ideas i thought that maybe we could name the album "Life is Too Short," if we even did that all. but we don't have to do that, just a suggestion.

edit: and we could also just make a fanfiction compilation book as well. we all put our favorite d/v fics that we've written and make our own like title page for it on photoshop or something. (again, just a suggestion i came up with in school today)
                    LOL. Yay, more ideas!! I'm okay with that album title...but what kind of songs do you want in it? Things that fit that idea or just songs in general with that kinda being the basic title?

I like your idea for the fanfic comp. book too Although I admit that fanfic is not my area of expertise, so I might have to leave you in charge of that

Wow you sure did have a productive day! lots of good ideas flying around guys - my excitment is mounting too assuming i survive the next two days of midterm he-...heck, i will be so ready to work on this
                    Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                    *raises hand* I'd like to help too.

sorry, Nat, that was me. I think I told Kris and Stef because I was trying to get more information about ChicagoCon this August. But I love the idea of a fruitcake convention. That would be a lot of fun!!
                    Yay! One more person to help This will be a huge group effort so every little bit of help is needed.

Oh, don't worry about it Nat. It was really because Erin was trying to convince me to go to the Con too

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                    Good luck with the scrapbook. I've never been to a con, partly because I hear vague stirrings of the Galaxy Quest soundtrack but mostly because if I write about fictional pairings that's they way I like them to stay. I guess it's a nice way for people to meet and share an interest but its not for me. I do enjoy the occasional clip from cons on the net. Anyway, if that's your thing, I hope you enjoy it.
                    Oh, trust me...I was thinking the same thing when I want to the Chicago one last year but it is sooooo not the same thing. It was actually pretty tame. It also helps that there aren't a lot of aliens to dress up as. I think I really only saw one person "dressed up." We are lucky, we have a sane fandom...and apparently a predominantly female one if the con was any indication. I mean, I expected to be in the minority but I wasn't...at all.

Spoiler:
                    Yeah, noticed that too. I would hope that it's for the same speculated reason as to why she's not in any of the team promo shots for the movies...she was pregnant. But since the clips look like they're showing the cast in costume as they're working on the movies...I would wonder why she's not there...unless the interviews were done towards the end of the Continuum shoot (and she wasn't there for that). I don't know. There never seem to be a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff with CB. But there are a couple of b-t-s pictures of her so...she's at least there.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

LOL. Yay, more ideas!! I'm okay with that album title...but what kind of songs do you want in it? Things that fit that idea or just songs in general with that kinda being the basic title?

I like your idea for the fanfic comp. book too Although I admit that fanfic is not my area of expertise, so I might have to leave you in charge of that

Yay! One more person to help This will be a huge group effort so every little bit of help is needed.
                      WAHOOO

1) Oh, don't worry about it Nat. It was really because Erin was trying to convince me to go to the Con too

2) Yeah, noticed that too. I would hope that it's for the same speculated reason as to why she's not in any of the team promo shots for the movies...she was pregnant. But since the clips look like they're showing the cast in costume as they're working on the movies...I would wonder why she's not there...unless the interviews were done towards the end of the Continuum shoot (and she wasn't there for that). I don't know. There never seem to be a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff with CB. But there are a couple of b-t-s pictures of her so...she's at least there.

-Stef
                      1) don't even worry about it guys I don't care I just think it's funny that everyone knew quite the network we have going

2) and PFFFFFFFFFFFT i want claudie!

Comment

2) and PFFFFFFFFFFFT i want claudie!
                        Me too It's not the team without CB and Vala....and she always has great things to say. It sucks that she's not there....but with the amount of respect TPTB seem to throw her way these days....*cough* DVD covers *cough*

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Bump
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

So....just curious, anyone interested in having a thread party for the AOT release next week? I'll have plenty of AOT themed goodies created by then

-Stef

Comment

So....just curious, anyone interested in having a thread party for the AOT release next week? I'll have plenty of AOT themed goodies created by then

-Stef
                              Ooh, someone else is awake! I think we should. I think the day should be a holiday of sorts and I should get the day off work but somehow I don't think I can swing that

Anyhoo, I hate that I missed out on some of the ep discussions you guys had a few weeks ago. I read over all the posts about Quest 2 and just had to curse myself for not being around. That being said, while watching a few vids just now (yeah, for whatever reason I can't sleep) I got curious about the one where Vala is encouraging Daniel to fight everything that's going on in his mind. So I think about that line. It's a really obvious line--something strange and alien is happening to a character, of course one of his teammates would try to help him by saying he has to fight it. But do the writers even know all the wonderful nuances they create by giving that line to Vala--a character who has had another consciousness share/take over her mind, a character who has had no other recourse but to fight it?

I don't know if anyone else has commented on that, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought it. I just don't know if the writers even consciously thought of that when they gave Vala that line, say as opposed to Mitchell.

Anyhoo, that was my little DV two cents for the day.

~Erin

PS: What are we at...like 7 or 8 days til Ark of Truth...?? *squee* I can't wait!!!

Comment

-Stef
                                I think that can be aranged. I believe that throwing parties is my job. How about starting at 2pm Pacific or 5 pm eastern for a start time.
                                sigpic
                                thanks Stef
                                Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Working...
                                X