Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Margaret
    I'm in favor of Vala doing Daniel a serious good turn, maybe even saving his life. That'll keep Daniel guessing!

Of course, it will be done in such a casual way and under such ambiguous circumstances that it will be impossible to tell if she did it to help him or because it benefitted herself. (Maybe she just needed the money!)
    I think this is a very cool idea and I hope we see it incorporated in one form or another. I too would like to see Vala continue to be unpredictable. Far more interesting that way.

Peace out
    Courser

Comment

Hey, maybe Vala's people really are pirates, scooped up from the high seas and transplanted by the Goa'uld?

Later, Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
        The woman from Icon was married. It's unclear whether Daniel returned her feelings, but they did have a long time to get to know each other well. For the record, I liked her better than past romantic possibilities, such as Kira. Because she chose to work on her marriage, though, I've never considered her as a serious ship for Daniel.

Later,
        Graculus

I think TPTB don't know what they are really doing with the ship on Stargate at the moment ...They try to ship anybody with anybody ( Daniel /Icon woman-Daniel /sarah ..now Daniel /Vala .....tealc/ Ishta ..ok but tealc/Krista Sam/Jack ...Sam /Pete.....Jack/Sam and Jack /kerry and try to get some kind of responses from the fans because they probably don't have a clue how to handle that matter.

I find it a little bit too much for a sci-fi show ..Should n't they just get on with the show and resolve something with the Characters we all know first instead of bringing more invading ship into the show ???!!!

Stargate SG1 season 1 to 6 used to be about great adventure with the team and the ship was minimal ..Now the ship is taking over because they shipped too many people in the last year and an half also

Not necessary ...quite boring really

Caty

Comment

The shipping has mainly occured in the fandom, and doesn't feature all that often in the show unless it fits into the story. As for experimenting with different people, TPTB can't really tell who has chemistry until they try them out. It's probably a mistake to try out a character with the sole intention of planning a ship. However, if there is a discernable ship, TPTB then has the option of exploiting it in their storylines.

Later,
          Graculus

Comment

Wonderful analysis! Thanks for the insight.

Originally posted by courser
            I do have to say that's a very interesting thing to play with - to use Daniel's compassion against him. This whole story could have been played out as a drama, but I really think it would have been far, far more disturbing and potentially tragic. Personally, I think Daniel's had enough tragedy in his life.
            Yeah, I can't disagree about that!

I also agree that this is a story about the downside of being a peaceful and compassionate person when you are facing a ruthless enemy. I don't feel as irked by this story as I did in, say Season 7, where Daniel seemed unable to navigate the simplest diplomatic situation. At least in this story, Daniel is NOT hopelessly naive. And, all in all, he manages to keep a pretty good grip on his ethics and his humanity.

While I'm wholeheartedly in favor of keeping the 'friction' between them, I'd much rather it stay largely on the verbal side myself. You wouldn't be able to sell me on another big fight scene without something of enormous value at stake either. And that's been done. I'd like to see things taken to another level. Matching wits rather than fists, let's say.
            That's a challenge Daniel is more likely to enjoy -- especially if no one actually gets hurt. If lives are at stake, though, he's liable to be seriously unamused by Vala's antics.

Really, really excellent response, Margaret! I may be lured back to the forums yet!
            Thank you. I'm glad you're back, Courser. I always thought you had a lot to contribute.

Comment

I don't feel as irked by this story as I did in, say Season 7, where Daniel seemed unable to navigate the simplest diplomatic situation.
              Are you talking about the Kelowna conference? That ticked me off as well, and I think Jack undermined him in his area of expertise.

If lives are at stake, though, he's liable to be seriously unamused by Vala's antics.
              I agree with this. I'm also inclined to think Daniel sees the risk of his own life and the risk of other people's lives in different terms.

Spoiler: I still think she's going to help rescue Daniel from the Moebius situation.

Courser
              (((((Courser)))))

Later,
              Graculus

Comment

That's a challenge Daniel is more likely to enjoy -- especially if no one actually gets hurt. If lives are at stake, though, he's liable to be seriously unamused by Vala's antics.
                I'm not so sure that Vala's so ruthless that she'd intentionally put anyone in danger. After all, she didn't really injure anyone when she transported them onto the Alkesh. But you're right, if she did put someone in danger, he certainly wouldn't be amused. Of course if anyone can convince her to 'do the right thing' it'd be Daniel

Actually I'd like to see them trading sexual innuendos back and forth, but that may be a bit much to ask of Daniel. On the other hand, I dunno. He came up with the Persian Virgin story, so I imagine he knows others.

Thank you. I'm glad you're back, Courser. I always thought you had a lot to contribute.
                Thanks Margaret!

Peace out
                Courser

Comment

After all, she didn't really injure anyone when she transported them onto the Alkesh.
                  Vala did take special care about that, and she was taking a risk to do so.

Of course if anyone can convince her to 'do the right thing' it'd be Daniel
                  She gives Daniel a chance to shine! Every now and again, people need to be reminded Daniel has these persuasive skills.

Actually I'd like to see them trading sexual innuendos back and forth, but that may be a bit much to ask of Daniel.
                  I'd like to see him blush and sputter. And I'd really like Teal'c to be present and give him a hard time about it.

On the other hand, I dunno. He came up with the Persian Virgin story, so I imagine he knows others.
                  ROTFL - I'm sure he's familiar with the entire heritage of courtship traditions and erotic literature. It's those little moments of prurience that helps academics get through a thousand pages of drivel.

Later,
                  Graculus

Comment

I'd like to see him blush and sputter. And I'd really like Teal'c to be present and give him a hard time about it.
                    You know, he didn't blush and/or stutter much in PU (gotta be a better shorthand than *that*). I'm thinking it might have been because there was no one around for him to be embarassed in front of. I'm not saying that he's putting it on, just that he doesn't have to worry about anyone other than Vala.

But put Teal'c and whoever else there and we may indeed see some of that. How about he blushes and stutters and then comes out with something really clever? And pointed - gotta love that sharp wit! I think we'd both be happy with that.

ROTFL - I'm sure he's familiar with the entire heritage of courtship traditions and erotic literature. It's those little moments of prurience that helps academics get through a thousand pages of drivel.
                    LOL! Yup, I'm sure he's got about a million little erotic cultural factiods in that brain of his!

Peace out
                    Courser

Comment

You know, he didn't blush and/or stutter much in PU (gotta be a better shorthand than *that*).
                      I agree he'd only start blushing if he thought his friends were seeing a ship he's trying to hide/deny...

Oh, and today's afternoon ep was the one where Teal'c calls Daniel "woman". I suspect Daniel has lingering manliness issues around Teal'c.

blushes and stutters and then comes out with something really clever? And pointed - gotta love that sharp wit! I think we'd both be happy with that.
                      As much as I love the blush and stutter, I also like to see Daniel get his own back...

LOL! Yup, I'm sure he's got about a million little erotic cultural factiods in that brain of his!
                      I'm now proposing a toast to hearing more of them in the future...

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

Oh, and today's afternoon ep was the one where Teal'c calls Daniel "woman". I suspect Daniel has lingering manliness issues around Teal'c.
                        Who wouldn't, lol? I've always really enjoyed Threshold. As much for the glimpses into Teal'c's past as for the little quips about fabric and calling Daniel a woman!

As much as I love the blush and stutter, I also like to see Daniel get his own back...
                        I keep trying to think of some snappy comebacks Daniel might use, and I'm just not coming up with them! In some respects I figure their intial interaction might be dictated by who sees who first. In other words Daniel's reaction will probably be quite different if she surprises him than if he has some time to prepare himself. They both have intriguing possibilities.

I'm now proposing a toast to hearing more of them in the future...
                        Here, here!

:::raising my glass of... iced tea. Oh well, I'll have to wait for Friday for anything stronger :::

Peace out
                        Courser

Comment

I keep trying to think of some snappy comebacks Daniel might use, and I'm just not coming up with them!
                          Me, too. Guess that's why my Vala fic is not getting written.

In other words Daniel's reaction will probably be quite different if she surprises him than if he has some time to prepare himself.
                          I agree with this, and I think Daniel would especially want to know if other team members like Teal'c might be present. With all this in mind, I think Vala will surprise him, lol.

:::raising my glass of... iced tea. Oh well, I'll have to wait for Friday for anything stronger :::
                          Well, that's stronger than my parfait glass of chocolate pudding...

Later,
                          Graculus

Comment

Okay, one thing I'm fairly sure of is that Vala will mention that Daniel's seen her naked in front of his teammates.

Daniel: You didn't give me much choice.

Vala: If I remember correctly, I offered to take them off myself.

Daniel: So you could kick me in the head! Which you did anyway!

Vala: Don't exaggerate Daniel... I didn't kick you in the head, I punched you in the head. And then you punched me in the face. (At which point she feigns a wounded look at his teammates, who are looking at him like he's grown a second head) *Then* I kicked you, but not in the head.

Daniel's face gets all pinched as he remembers how the fight went...

Daniel: Okay... nevermind...

Vala: Right. Don't want your friends to know that right after I kissed you, you zatted me in the *ss when my back was turned.

The incredulous looks on his friends' faces grow even more amazed and unamused at this news.

Daniel: You head-butted me and thought I was unconscious!

Vala: Playing possum he was... so he could take my clothes off while *I* was unconscious. Better be careful Daniel or I might do the same to you - see how you like it.

Anyway... so much for that... not very good, but I'm finding it fairly difficult.

Peace out
                            Courser

Comment

Okay, one thing I'm fairly sure of is that Vala will mention that Daniel's seen her naked in front of his teammates.
                              I agree it's highly likely.

Vala: Don't exaggerate Daniel... I didn't kick you in the head, I punched you in the head. And then you punched me in the face.
                              ROTFL, I can see the rest of the team getting progressively more interested...

Vala: Right. Don't want your friends to know that right after I kissed you, you zatted me in the *ss when my back was turned.
                              ::snorts coffee on keyboard::

Vala: Playing possum he was... so he could take my clothes off while *I* was unconscious. Better be careful Daniel or I might do the same to you - see how you like it.
                              Tee, hee. And that's when BB's character moves in to start flirting.

I also think Vala might have some interesting remarks when she sees Daniel's collection of ceremonial erotic figurines from planet PX3-666. Ah, poor guy.

Later,
                              Graculus

Comment

haha even though I haven't seen the ep this thread continues to crack me up lol
                                Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Working...
                                X