No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, it occurs to me that there are many non-US people in this thread so if you're wondering what the President Carter nonsense was all about, just read THIS.

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
    Rabbits are nothing compared to cows. One of the worlds biggest producers of methane are cows, hence they are contributing to holes in the ozone layer, letting the Evil Space Cows (TM) in to take over the world. They already have India. Where will be next? SAVE THE PIES!
    Whatever. They may be letting in evil space cows but did they ever come close to destroying an entire country by slaughtering its leader? Hmm? No, I thought not. Boo-yah (yes, I just said that....this is scary)!

Take that all of you lurkers trying to find ammunition against us! Quote me all you like now!!

Yes, I am aware that I sound slightly insane. Something that will make my viewing of Vacancy in a few minutes all the more enjoyable.

WWBD: That needs to be a t-shirt.
    It should be....

And then proceed to drag him off to get said saucy present

Dear god, my 700th post and quite possibly the most random I've ever made. *Headdesk*
    Of course she would...the handcuffs wouldn't be all of the present either, if you catch me meaning *winkwinknudgenudge* Wow, I really am losing my mind.

Yay for random 700! You'll be able to look back fondly and remember that was the day you talked about Evil Space Cows!!!

EDIT: Blast, foiled again! Can't give you green Next chance I get though....watch for it.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Oh, it occurs to me that there are many non-US people in this thread so if you're wondering what the President Carter nonsense was all about, just read THIS.
      Haha! Brilliant! I like swamp rabbits now!

Whatever. They may be letting in evil space cows but did they ever come close to destroying an entire country by slaughtering its leader? Hmm? No, I thought not. Boo-yah (yes, I just said that....this is scary)!

Take that all of you lurkers trying to find ammunition against us! Quote me all you like now!!
      Oh no, but that's too obvious for the Space Cows. They're doing it through subterfuge, becoming the holy animals of a religion and going from there. They've already got India, and that's got a sixth of the worlds population. It's very sneaky. Vala would approve.

Yes, I am aware that I sound slightly insane. Something that will make my viewing of Vacancy in a few minutes all the more enjoyable.
      It's this thread. It's driving us all insane! Mwahahhaha!

Of course she would...the handcuffs wouldn't be all of the present either, if you catch me meaning *winkwinknudgenudge* Wow, I really am losing my mind.
      You're in good company, my dear

Yay for random 700! You'll be able to look back fondly and remember that was the day you talked about Evil Space Cows!!!

EDIT: Blast, foiled again! Can't give you green Next chance I get though....watch for it.

-Stef
      Oh yes. Telling the newbies in a years time 'You remember that random milestone post? Yeah, that's the insanity you're going to reach one of these days.'

Awww, thank you
      sigpic
      Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Geez, so many things to reply.
        Frankly, I couldn't manage to read all posts from last night but I'll do my best!

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
        And about OC Daniel in that scene I disagree! Daniel is not so "innocent" about sex, in season 3 ep FIAD he lost Sha'Re and just the next week, in Past and Present ep, he "slept" with Kera.....
        They kissed on screen but if they ever did the deed, we never saw it on screen or got the impression without the doubt like Unending. I personally think they did it, because I'm just that kind of person

The placement of this episode is the one of worst placement I've ever seen in a tv show. It's worse than Bounty!!! If this episode had come after two episode of the FIAD, I wouldn't have had any problems with it. After Share's death it seems a little off. But with its problem I still like it. It's good to see Daniel losing it.

Having said that, I think D/V lends itself well as a couple in a way that I don't think Sam/Jack are able to. They had a more angst relationship, star-crossed lovers and all that. You get them together and the biggest part of their relationship (not able to be together because of the rules) disappears. D/V, on the other hand, have a more playful, almost married kind of relationship as it is. I can see them maintaining the same aspects of their "single" relationship in a full-fledged relationship together. Meaning: they'll still argue, she'll still frustrate him, she'll still be playful and teasing towards him. Those are the foundations of their relationship, and that wouldn't change if they got married...at least I don't think so. That is why D/V is one of the few relationships I would like to see play out on-screen in that way.

-Stef
        Amazing observation, Stef! The biggest part of any ship at any fandom(not just S/J, I don' wanna add them into D/V discussion, just for example.) the relationships are based on simply the that needless angst. The will they, won't they thing. In D/V, I think it's not the question. They have already a different kind of connection to each other. The ties that bind! them are unique just to them. It's more just than a normal friendship. Daniel is the only person in the universe who believed in Vala as she stated that at the begining of the season. They have a story besides the relationship aspect. I've always thought of them as a couple that haven't sex with each other. This is what the show showed us since the S9, especially after S10.

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
        Yappy lot tonight

I have one question.... what's with the lobster thing?
        Ohh, you're into Lobster Zone too. Beware!!!

Stef's questions:
        1. Daniel's rant: justified or over-the-top?
        I'm simply gonna say: Yes, it's justified. I explained myself so many times so I won't bother again. Sometimes people are mean to each other, when they're mad. It happens all the time.

2. Do you think Vala had those handcuffs and lingerie made by the Asgard thing or do you think she brought them with her? If the latter, why?
        Very tricky question. I think it'd be a Asgard favor. I don't know why anyone pick handcuffs for intergalactic official missions but again we're talking about Vala here. The girl who brought ironing curls and hairdryer in her pack.

4. Can you find any parallels between Unending and previous episodes (ie. the bedroom scene parallels the TTTB bedroom scene)?
        Definitely. Even the PTB accepted that it was written considering the paralles with TTTB bedroom scene. Someone has to be blind not to see it.

5. How many times do you think Vala tried to get Daniel into bed before THE scene? Just the once with the handcuffs or do you think more?
        The look on his face when Vala showed up in front of his room in pink handcuffs and all other stuff told me that it wasn't totally the first time.
        How many, who knows?

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
        I am not good at aswering questions but I'll give this one a try because I have wondered about the handcuffs. O.K., wondering about handcuffs does sound a little strange. Well, first I think that she probably didn't have them with her and she was now willing to try anything to get Daniel. I think she had tried so many times that she thought "Maybe he has some UNUSUAL likes". The thing that I thought might be strange about Vala and handcuffs has to do with her time as Qetesh. Don't you think that Qetesh would have been very controlling sexually and that might have involved bondage at some level. How would Vala now respond to bondage? Would it be something that she had learned and now is something she is O.K. with or would she usually avoid it? There is a fanfic that addresses Vala craving a more aggressive sexual control situation with Daniel. Does anyone remember that one?
        Um, I've always thought that those handcuffs meant for Daniel. I could never imagine Vala being comfortable with being handcuffed. It's a control issiue and I think much like Daniel, also Vala has big problems with it. I'm sure that Daniel is a control freak, this is why I never imagine him handcuffed too. Poor guy, he has no idea what he's missing

Anyway, I wrote a 'Vala craving a more aggressive sexual control situation with Daniel' little ficlet because of her lack of control over her own life a while ago. I'm not sure if it's what you meant. Anyway, here the link for my story.
        It's found a little disturbing by people so beware. but frankly it's meant to be disturbing too.

http://gioia-gg.livejournal.com/4554.html#cutid1

On another note, looks like I've reached 5,000 posts! I'm now officially a Goa'uld Lord!!

-Stef
        Congrats on 5,000 posts!!
        wow, 5.000 posts.

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
        Watching the scene with the kiss and was wondering what everyone thought about Vala going straight for Daniel's Belt instead of Kissing him?
        First off, I rolled my eyes. Vala isn't known for her sublety. But again it's also so Vala. I mean, being agitated with their current situation and when Daniel said LITS, she immediately acted on it. And being Vala, she went forward to his belt. Again I'm not seeing any manipulation in there. If Vala was a little manipulative with Daniel, I'm sure she wouldn't have gone to his belt. You know, she would have touched him on the shoulder, saying a few well-selected lines, looking into his eyes, then hands on the cheeks, you know the rest. Lol, all the women in a moment of their life certainly used that method. I'm not saying it's bad but I can't deny its manipulation side either. Frankly I think sometimes subtextly mentioning something is a way better than going directly to the pants!!!

Rabbits are nothing compared to cows. One of the worlds biggest producers of methane are cows, hence they are contributing to holes in the ozone layer, letting the Evil Space Cows (TM) in to take over the world. They already have India. Where will be next? SAVE THE PIES!
        Save the PIE, Save the FUTURE.

But evil space cows??lol, you're a lost cause.!!

Dear god, my 700th post and quite possibly the most random I've ever made. *Headdesk*
        Yay, congrats on 700 posts, Kath!!!!

Ahh, I'm done!!!
        Last edited by gioia; 17 September 2007, 04:13 AM.
        sigpic
        Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
          Amazing observation, Stef! The biggest part of any ship at any fandom(not just S/J, I don' wanna add them into D/V discussion, just for example.) the relationships are based on simply the that needless angst. The will they, won't they thing. In D/V, I think it's not the question. They have already a different kind of connection to each other. The ties that bind! them are unique just to them. It's more just than a normal friendship. Daniel is the only person in the universe who believed in Vala as she stated that at the begining of the season. They have a story besides the relationship aspect. I've always thought of them as a couple that haven't sex with each other. This is what the show showed us since the S9, especially after S10.
          Exactly, that's one the great things about them. They can be antagonistic, but they're also friends. They can do angst, but they can also be light-hearted. They can playful, but they can be serious. The thing is, they're neither one nor the other...they're both. So if a relationship took away one of those things the others would still remain. In the end their greatest obstacle is their own fears...and that will still come into play whether they're together or apart.

Personally, I love the idea of D/V finally getting together and then the whole AoT thing happening (never going to happen, but still). Then their new relationship will have to deal with Tomin as well as Adria and the Ori followers. Think about it, it would be something entirely different for this franchise. To have a full-fledged couple within the SG team...then seeing them struggle to put their duties before each other in life and death situations.

Their relationship doesn't have to be blatant, it could just be one line somewhere that someone tells us. One of the things working in their favor is that they aren't the two leaders...so they aren't making all of the calls. Whenever their's a full fledged couple in a team, it's usually not the leads (24's Tony/Michelle come to mind...Jack never gets to really have a long-standing relationship, but because they were secondary to him, they were able to have a relationship within the show). This is why, unfortunately, I could never see Jack/Sam getting together as long as he was the commander of SG-1 (as a general, maybe ). The leader just can't be in a relationship (and if he is the wife/girlfriend tends to end up dead). It's like some unwritten rule I'm sure there are exception out there of course...

Anyway, just watched Vacancy and....okay? Can't say I'm a fan of horror movies, but this one had a weird ending...it felt like the movie wasn't over yet...

With that, I bid you all goodnight and I head off to bed. Not quite 6 pages worth of posts, but enough to keep all of you "day-shifters" busy.

-Stef
          Last edited by Stef; 17 September 2007, 04:59 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

As a day-shifter, good night, Stef!!
            Now, here is so silent!!
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Comment

Personally, I love the idea of D/V finally getting together and then the whole AoT thing happening (never going to happen, but still). Then their new relationship will have to deal with Tomin as well as Adria and the Ori followers. Think about it, it would be something entirely different for this franchise. To have a full-fledged couple within the SG team...then seeing them struggle to put their duties before each other in life and death situations.
              -Stef
              even if I don't think they would ever have done a thing like these, I think I'd have been terrific to see it.
              sigpic
              Banner made by Stef

Comment

Stef on 5,000 posts. Welcome to the ranks of Lord It's lots of fun!!

Kath on 700 posts!!
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Spot on Gioia, both you and Stef.

Ohh, you're into Lobster Zone too. Beware!!!
                  So, is that the DV equivalent to the Twilight zone?

Save the PIE, Save the FUTURE.

But evil space cows??lol, you're a lost cause.!!
                  I'm so using that as my tag line for the Space Cows in futer. And YAY! Heroes!

I like being lost. It suits me

As a day-shifter, good night, Stef!!
                  Now, here is so silent!!
                  I'm sure we can stir something up between us. Us Europeans have to stccik together!

Yay, congrats on 700 posts, Kath!!!!
                  Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                  Kath on 700 posts!![/CENTER][/B]
                  Thanks guys
                  sigpic
                  Banner by Stef.

Comment

I wanna be a Lord too!!!
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Comment

So, is that the DV equivalent to the Twilight zone?
                      I'm afraid so

I'm so using that as my tag line for the Space Cows in futer. And YAY! Heroes!
                      Lol!! Space Cows in futer!!!!
                      Could I name one of them Betty?

I'm sure we can stir something up between us. Us Europeans have to stccik together!
                      Yay, let's make Voltran!!!(But I'm gonna make the head)
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Comment

My spelin iz gud, reely.

Voltran? *iz confuzzled*
                        sigpic
                        Banner by Stef.

Comment

My spelin iz gud, reely.

Voltran? *iz confuzzled*
                          Hah, Voltran was the pronunciation of Voltron as I was a child. You know the cartoon, it was pretty famous I was a child. We played the Voltron Game. But don't ask how is it play. It's really ridicilous.

My spelin iz gud to

A random pic:
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Comment

Hah, Voltran was the pronunciation of Voltron as I was a child. You know the cartoon, it was pretty famous I was a child. We played the Voltron Game. But don't ask how is it play. It's really ridicilous.

My spelin iz gud to

A random pic:
                            Ah ha! The Transformer type thing! Ridiculous works for me. Space Cows remember
                            sigpic
                            Banner by Stef.

Comment

Hello, guys

Just dropping by to say hello.

Unending:

1. Daniel's rant:

Spoiler:

Absolutely necessary. I've already waxed lyrical about this when it aired, but not only is this one of my absolute favourite moments in SG history, but it's my favourite bit of acting from MS ever. The only episodes that come near it for MS for me is Ethon in s9 or Abyss in s6.

I think I love it all the more for how fresh it feels - it's different, it's seeing something about the characters that isn't usually done. Usually, they skirt, dodge, imply, dive around romance in SG, but this time they go straight for the jugular and it just works. It feels like something entirely new, but feels like it follows on so well. I just love it. And as monologues go, I might have gushed on this before, but what the H, it's fascinating. The difference between what he's saying/what he feels/what he's realising ... it's just amazing to watch the process. For all that MS and CB have said they rehearsed that scene, it feels like you are actually watching him realise it all for thefirst time, like it's all just hitting the conscious level - it all feels totally spontaneous.

This isn't to say that CB is dominated in the scene at all -it's brilliant how, without many lines, she manages to be an equal focus. It's a great indication of what makes them great, the balance and equality in it. It's also such a surprising - again - but makes sense way to play it, you know, with Vala being quiet and hurt. It's again, really fresh, to see the character so exposed. So I think it's completely necessary and an amazing scene.

Comment

See, Kath, people came and discussing the D/V and Unending while we're talking about Voltron and Space Cows! Lol, the game mainly contained running around, yelling very loudly 'I'm gonna make the head or I'm gonna make the leg or I'm gonna make the arm.' The boss always made the head!!!! Lol, well, it was funny but it was giving you a reason to run and scream.

Anyway, I ITA with you, Kay. All this rant was necessary and it was played amazingly by both of them.
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X