Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kes
    Hee. You've been playing with Daniel, I see. Better. Still like the pic on the bottom the best.

But dunno about Daniel/Vala - I'm pretty picky and a little wary of how they're going to develop Vala. And sadly I'm afraid John/Aeryn has rather spoiled me when it comes to scifi ships. Hard to find one that tops that pairing.
    Hard? I'd say it's rather impossible. But maybe Vala/Daniel can change it

Originally posted by Kes
    Still it will be fun to see the sparkage when Vala returns. She's an interesting character.
    And Claudia Black is brilliant actress. With good writing she can do miracles with her character

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
      Just a note in passing: Ben Browder is going to be a member of SG-1.
      I don't think Vala is going to join SG-1. I think she's going to be a troublemaker that SG-1 encounters from time to time. Maybe she will even help them out sometimes. But mostly, I think, she is going to cause them lots of trouble.
      It also depends on Claudia's availability. If she's offered another interesting independent big screen project in the meantime (like "Naked in London" or "One", which is probably going to be filmed in Canada in the first part of 2005 ), I guess she'll be a guest rather on SG-1, not one of the main characters.

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
        There, now Daniel is happy.
        He *does* look happy.

But I suspect the original picture was closer to the truth.

This is how Vala makes Daniel feel:

http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.ne...d/image327.jpg

Comment

ROTFL! I would have chosen the shot where he's rolling his eyes instead.

Later,
          Graculus

Comment

A friend of mine just pointed out something that could be hilarious. On several occasions, Teal'c has referred to combat or violence as a normal part of Jaffa courting ritual. He's mentioned settling fights with weapons and some honeymoon ritual involving a knife (?). Teal'c also started his fling with Ishta with staff combat.

Now, imagine if Teal'c were present when Vala chose to show up again and give Daniel trouble. Teal'c could well have a courtship interpretation of the "friction" (Robert Cooper's term, not mine). If Daniel starts stuttering, Teal'c's eyebrow would shoot up a mile high!

Later,
            Graculus

Comment

Vala is going to fall down laughing when she hears that!

Yeah, I can see Teal'c taking that approach.

Daniel better start taking lessons! Vala doesn't need a lot of encouragement from the Jaffa to whup him again.

Comment

ROTFL - don't tell me you won't be cheering Daniel on when he does that graceful Aikido flip!

Later,
                Graculus

Comment

I'd sure like to have some Thunk pics of Daniel/Vala on this thread. Hint, hint, hint.

Later,
                  Graculus

Comment

ROTFL - don't tell me you won't be cheering Daniel on when he does that graceful Aikido flip!
                    Sure, I will!

I might even cheer for Vala, if *she* did the graceful Aikido flip!

A man of Daniel's weight and size should not have lost to a woman like Vala. If she had some special advantage like goa'uld-strength, or martial arts training that allows a smaller opponent to overcome a larger one, I could credit the win. But as a bar-room brawl -- no.

Anyway, next time Daniel takes her clothes off, it better be with her consent. Good Lord!

Comment

Vala could have had some technology boost. Or if she is related to Aris Boch's race, she could be on drugs. That would explain a lot, lol.

I can't get the danielfriendly site to re-pic you! Grrr...

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

Anyway, next time Daniel takes her clothes off, it better be with her consent. Good Lord!
                        Turn about is fair play.

Later,
                        Graculus

Comment

No it isn't.

The military has been putting people on trial for that sort of thing for the last six months, haven't you heard? Dishonorable discharges, jail time, the works. And now these people are making a joke out of the sexual humiliation of prisoners? Are they out of their minds?

Daniel has dishonored himself and disgraced Hammond's command. He better hope that no one gets a look at those security tapes, or he's going to be reading about himself in the newspapers. Can you imagine how mortified he'd be?

Comment

The military has been putting people on trial for that sort of thing for the last six months
                            Vala isn't in the military. And come to think of it, neither is Daniel: though he would probably still have to answer for this under the military's civilian HR guidelines. What's he doing messing up Earth's rep for high humanitarian standards...

Daniel has dishonored himself and disgraced Hammond's command. He better hope that no one gets a look at those security tapes, or he's going to be reading about himself in the newspapers. Can you imagine how mortified he'd be?
                            Despite the smiley above, ITA on this - and when I say "turn about is fair play", it's to emphasize he shouldn't have done this. The only possible excuse is that Vala was gaining some sort of super-strength from her cat-suit, and the writers did a poor job of making that clear if that were the case.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised TPTB didn't catch any guff from their military advisors. Surely the military is being extra, extra careful about public relations right now.

Later,
                            Graculus
                            Last edited by graculus; 28 December 2004, 02:44 PM.

Comment

But, in a universe where we don't have to worry about the implications for the reputation of the military, my sig pic shows how Daniel feels about the Turn About scenario.

Later,
                              Graculus

Comment

Now that I think about it, I'm suprised TPTB didn't catch any guff from their military advisors. Surely the military is being extra, extra careful about public relations right now.

Maybe the advisors only concern themselves with military characters.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X