Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love teal'cs beanie in that ep

Comment

Hey, Milena, I've been trying to keep up with you but you're posting like mad!! Plus, I'm trying to make some more screen captures. I'm up to Vala's escape at this point.

Originally posted by Milena_D
      And why did Vala leave the motel? Actually, why did they break down the door? They were only expecting Vala and Cam, all the bad guys died in the car... And they had the SWAT guys in black and ski masks...in broad daylight...covert...
      I guess in case she ran? I have no idea. Seems they might have wanted to take a more delicate approach....

...but I guess it's funnier if they burst in on Cam then knock on the door and give him time to cover/clean up

I wonder how Daniel felt knowing that Cam had Vala in his presence and lost her again...
      Poor Daniel...so close!

Daniel's eyes look so worried in the warehouse while he's calling out to her ...and then Cameron yells her name like a threat...I wouldn't come out to that call...I wish they would have shown Vala's face while Daniel called out to her, we only see her when the shooting starts.

Okay, the confrontation is definitely the shippiest of all time That tiny little inflection he puts into the word 'home' makes it sound more like he's pleading with her than trying to reason with her.

You know what I hadn't noticed before? DANIEL walks over to her and grabs VALA into a hug! It's not a mutual, at the same time thing. He hugs HER, she hesitates then finally hugs back *swwwwooooooooning* He actually TUGS her to him and rests his head against hers before she even moves. I love this show *sigh*
      I know, how could she not respond to that pleading, desperate, and heartbreaking tone in Daniel's voice? I love when he calls out to her...it makes my heart melt.

Yes, I maintain that this scene is the shippiest moment of their relationship. Yes, more than any kisses...more than any "I knows." The emotion in this is simply amazing. There's a reason why everyone voted it #1 D/V moment in my game...and why it converted me into a D/V shipper over a year ago. I love how Daniel talks to her, the softness and emotion in his voice...then Vala's breakdown. I haven't seen either as vulnerable in the rest of the series as I did in that moment. Oh, and Daniel totally just grabs hold of her, unwilling to let her go. She seems slightly shocked at first, before returning the hug.

But what gets me EVERY time is the emotions that you see on Daniel's face when he's hugging her. It's just...I can't even describe it. It's just so melt-worthy!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        EDIT: Oops, sorry, yeah Stef that's the scene I was talking about And exactly the right moments too!
        Okay, is it just me or does he look a little despondent in that first cap? Like he's beginning to think that he's never going to get her back...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

DANIEL
          (soothingly)
          You don't remember who you are, but I do. You won't shoot.

That's the part where I start swooning and pretty much keep going the rest of the episode.. *sigh* Even when she doesn't know who she is, he does..

But even though Vala recognizes Daniel, she seems a little taken aback by the hug, you see that little split second before she hugs him back, and then he still doesn't let go and just... awwww!

In the final scene, I just really love the smile on Daniel's face watching her get her team badges, it's just this generally happy, cute look..
          Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

the hug is sooooo cute at the end. i wanted to hug Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              Okay, is it just me or does he look a little despondent in that first cap? Like he's beginning to think that he's never going to get her back...

-Stef
              I think you're right, it's like he's thinking in terms of finality 'she's just gone'. The fourth shot looks like he desperately wants to be reassured that they'll find her. Actually it really reminds me of a little child wanting his teddy bear back and then when he gets it, he squeezes tight forever...Oh, didn't that happen?
              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Poor Vala...

Poor Danny...

Smug jerk...

The Team misses Vala...

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                  DANIEL
                  (soothingly)
                  You don't remember who you are, but I do. You won't shoot.
                  Is it sad that my heart just skipped a beat when I read the line...didn't even watch it, just read it.

*sigh* That whole scene actually reminds me of a song that I was going to make a vid to, Hand Me Down by Matchbox Twenty...this lyric in particular:

"No ones tried to give you what you need
                  So lay all your troubles down
                  I am with you now"

Speaking of songs...I'm still trying to work on that Vala MM video. I think this is the perfect song for the episode...

LOSING YOUR MEMORY
                  by: Ryan Star
                  Spoiler:
                  You're losing your memory now (4)

Call all your friends,
                  And tell them I'm never coming back.
                  Cause this is the end,
                  Pretend that you want it
                  Don’t react.
                  The damage is done,
                  The police are coming too slow now.
                  I would have died,
                  I would have loved you all my life

Your losing your memory now.

Where have you gone,
                  The beach is so cold in winter here.
                  And where have I gone,
                  I wake in Montauk with you near.
                  Remember the day,
                  Cause this is what dreams should always be.
                  I just want to stay,
                  I just want to keep this dream in me.

Your losing your memory now (4)

Wake up, it’s time little girl, wake up.
                  All the best of what we’ve done is yet to come.
                  Just remember who I am in the morning.

Your losing your memory now (4).

-Stef

Comment

Ha Ha...I just noticed that the computer the Trust has hooked up to the memory device is the same as mine!

-Stef

Comment

A little catch up...

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                      So...MM...gotta say the preview that AOL ran at the time amazed me. I simply wasn't expecting such unambiguous words to come out of Michael's mouth

"Vala abduction reveals a lot of things Daniel hasn't said in terms of his growing personal connection to her."
                      (I'm pretty sure that's a word for word quote...kinda disturbing isn't it that I have it mostly memorized,lol)

I just about fell out of my chair when I heard that...I mean the only way that statement could have been more blatant is if he had said:
                      "...reveals that Daniel is falling in love with her."
                      And I tried very hard to convince myself that it could be taken at a 'friendship' level so I wouldn't be heartbroken in case the episode didn't give us that depth of emotion, but I couldn't do it. I assume that many of the people who didn't see that this relationship was becoming more than 'friends and coworkers'(lol) never saw the AOL preview.
                      LC
                      Lol!! I bet they saw but prefer to forget
                      Anyway, I've always found it incredible hearing those words coming out of MS mouth. I think he summarized what we've tried to say so long. I did see that promo before, but your reminding made me all mushy again

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                      Great news for everyone here. I just was told my a fellow DragonCon Attendee that they are going to send me video copies of the Solo Panel with Claudia and the three Stargate Panels. I have to send her disk first and then get them back but when I do I will find out how to share with everyone here. I am so excited because I can't remember half of what was said. Good news..

I am going to keep watching for them to come up on YT before then. Let me know if anyone finds them first.
                      Awesome, many thanks!

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                      You know what I hadn't noticed before? DANIEL walks over to her and grabs VALA into a hug! It's not a mutual, at the same time thing. He hugs HER, she hesitates then finally hugs back *swwwwooooooooning* He actually TUGS her to him and rests his head against hers before she even moves. I love this show *sigh*
                      Heh, there is a reason why it's so famous among us, shippers.

Some of you might know that I'm not all happy with the this episode. A while ago while we were making our favorite and least fav. episode, I put it into 'episodes that I don't know what to do with them' section. I love it quite much, all shippy goodness is perfect, but as whole I find this episode weak. The story itslef is weak, like a medicore fanfic, and frankly I was expecting more, i was expecting to find more about Vala's past, her days as a host. I saw Vala's fitting in the team, and see the SGC as her home, but I don't see her struggles, her doubts etc. Anyway, I still love it but i guess if your expectations is so high, the disappionments is inevitable.

On the regards of Cinderella and white rose, I think it's another shout-out(props, ads?) to Fiore Bianco, the restarunt's name in Italian means white flower, and when I saw Vala's white rose, I thought it as a shoutout to the restaraunt. I'm very practical person, me thinks

And that non-date date, they went to a fancy place, dressed very nicely(you don't have to wear suits for first date.) and I think Daniel would have paid(or already paid) for them, so in my book it's definetely a date.
                      Last edited by gioia; 06 September 2007, 01:50 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Anothe quick post....but can I just say that the team always seems to be watching Daniel. Especially watch the conference room scene where they are talking about the explosions. Cam/Sam both keep looking at Daniel with sympathy....

-Stef

Comment

Anothe quick post....but can I just say that the team always seems to be watching Daniel. Especially watch the conference room scene where they are talking about the explosions. Cam/Sam both keep looking at Daniel with sympathy....

-Stef
                          Heh, you know I've always thought that their expressions during the hug was telling the stories...I guess that this is why I wasn't suprised their reactions to the non-date at the end of episode.

Whatever Daniel says, they saw them in the warehouse
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                            Some of you might know that I'm not all happy with the this episode. A while ago while we were making our favorite and least fav. episode, I put it into 'episodes that I don't know what to do with them' section. I love it quite much, all shippy goodness is perfect, but as whole I find this episode weak. The story itslef is weak, like a medicore fanfic, and frankly I was expecting more, i was expecting to find more about Vala's past, her days as a host. I saw Vala's fitting in the team, and see the SGC as her home, but I don't see her struggles, her doubts etc. Anyway, I still love it but i guess if your expectations is so high, the disappionments is inevitable.
                            Ah, the power of expectations. I wasn't expecting much because I wasn't THAT into SG-1 at the time.

Quick question: did you read any synopses for this episode? Because I think that would have pretty much explained that it wasn't a Vala backstory episode. But if you hadn't read any...it would all be for your imagination to conjure Sometimes that's a good thing...sometimes not. I find that it's best not to expect any episode to deliver anything specific...because they never really give you exactly what you want...and I've been disappointed with good episodes in the past because they didn't turn out the way I had thought they would.

Like it was said, the thing you have to remember about this episode...something to keep in mind...this is not a Vala-episode-in the sense that you learn a lot about her character. This is a TeamVala episode-in the sense that it's about Vala's place within SG-1. If you come from that perspective, I find it much less disappointing (of course, it happens to be my favorite episode...so there's really nothing I'm particularly disappointed in).

As for the storyline, I'm pretty okay with basic stories on shows. As long as it's written well, the characters are written well, and something happens...not necessarily in regards to action, but in terms of emotional developments or relationship progression. It goes back to what my brother and I "discussed" about The Fellowship of the Ring. Yes, there was very little in the way of "big action" but I found the interactions and establishment of the myths to be fascinating...my brother disagreed and hated it (but loved the other two).

All opinion though

-Stef

Comment

Is it sad that my heart just skipped a beat when I read the line...didn't even watch it, just read it.

*sigh* That whole scene actually reminds me of a song that I was going to make a vid to, Hand Me Down by Matchbox Twenty...this lyric in particular:

"No ones tried to give you what you need
                              So lay all your troubles down
                              I am with you now"

Speaking of songs...I'm still trying to work on that Vala MM video. I think this is the perfect song for the episode...

LOSING YOUR MEMORY
                              by: Ryan Star
                              Spoiler:
                              You're losing your memory now (4)

Call all your friends,
                              And tell them I'm never coming back.
                              Cause this is the end,
                              Pretend that you want it
                              Don’t react.
                              The damage is done,
                              The police are coming too slow now.
                              I would have died,
                              I would have loved you all my life

Your losing your memory now.

Where have you gone,
                              The beach is so cold in winter here.
                              And where have I gone,
                              I wake in Montauk with you near.
                              Remember the day,
                              Cause this is what dreams should always be.
                              I just want to stay,
                              I just want to keep this dream in me.

Your losing your memory now (4)

All the best of what we’ve done is yet to come.
                              Just remember who I am in the morning.

Your losing your memory now (4).

-Stef

*g* I know the feeling.. That scene just gets to me..

And those are both really good songs for them, I can't wait to see what you come up with. =)

I'm heading off to bed now, but I'll be around a bit in the morning (hopefully...)
                              Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

-Stef
                                I agree about the story not being about Vala...but it took me a long time to get comfortable with that idea. I always thought it was about Vala but a few days ago I read the TV Guide interview with Claudia Black where she said that MM wasn't Vala-centric...my jaw hit the table, it bruised She said Vala's was the B-plot or B-story, whatever the terminology is. She didn't say what the A-plot was but again, like you said, it's the team and Daniel really.

Okay, now I'm seriously seriously going to bed...seriously

G'night Fruitcakes!
                                ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X